Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 1:04:31 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

"We need to collect the monitoring devices. Several of them have stopped transmitting data."[break][break]

and once again found themselves atop Mt. Chimney, returned after their initial trip to cavass for the spirit of MOLTRES. Since then ROCKET had been keeping a close eye on the volcano. [break][break]

After witnessing its unusually tumultuous activity, Barnaby had requested equipment be set up in case... well, anything out of the ordinary transpired.[break][break]

There had been talk of MOLTRES roaming the region.[break][break]

Had the spirit returned? Resurrected from the volcano? Perhaps they would find out today.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 1:28:18 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Dressed in a fire-retardant flight suit, heavy gloves, and steel toe boots, Zev surveyed the caldera and its churning lake of magma. Months ago, he and had accompanied Bee there to look for signs of Moltres but hadn't found anything at all.[break][break]

But now there were rumors of Moltres' return to Hoenn. Though reports indicated sightings across the region, it seemed the great bird occasionally returned to Mt. Chimney to rest. With luck, he and Bee would find something of significance — if not the legend itself.[break][break]

"Lead the way," Zev said, opening a Pokéball to release his Toxapex.[break][break]

Seeing their situation, the Brutal Star Pokémon used WIDE GUARD on the two men and Bee's Ninetales as a preventative measure.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 2:21:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"They were placed in strategic areas." [break][break]

Hidden, as not to arouse suspicion from unwanted parties. Varied, too, in their capabilities. ROCKET scientists had assured him that the equipment placed could monitor the following:[break][break]

• game cameras to observe the surrounding caldera
  • tiltmeters and strainmeters to measure changes in ground slope and shape of the volcano
  • earthquake sensors and regular thermal imaging
[break]

Where 's TOXAPEX set up a WIDE GUARD, Barnaby's NINETALES cast a PROTECTIVE ward around them as well, staving off the heat from the pooled lava.[break][break]

After a few minutes picking their way across the rocks, Barnaby found one of the game cameras - battery dead, as expected. He'd come prepared with a replacement.[break][break]

"Let's see what's on this bad boy..."

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn] margin-top: -35px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 13:33:05 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As he was unfamiliar with the specific equipment Team Rocket's scientists had provided yet unwilling to admit as much to Bee, Zev merely followed the other man to one of the hidden cameras.[break][break]

The air around them shimmered with the Ninetales' PROTECT, though it paled in comparison to the way the rocks appeared to quiver and undulate thanks to the volcano's blistering heat.[break][break]

"So why Moltres?" Zev asked, not interested in the answer but merely using conversation to push back his ever-present boredom. "Did you have a run-in with it before when it served the League?"[break][break]

He glanced over Bee's shoulder as the admin changed the battery.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 1:53:50 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"It's a threat." The admin replied simply.[break][break]

"And any threat to Rocket needs to be dealt with."[break][break]

The game camera's screen came to life as the replacement battery slid into its compartment.[break][break]

"... but no, I've never actually been in its presence before. Only heard of the sort of power it bestowed on ."[break][break]

Whether knew of the former Elite Four member or not was inconsequential. Barnaby would relay the only detail he'd likely be interested in hearing:[break][break]

"She was it's Avatar."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 2:26:36 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Bee's explanation was simple and straightforward — and all Zev needed to hear. So he focused on the next part of his companion's explanation: the mention of .[break][break]

"What were her powers?" he asked, knowing from personal experience and conversations with that each Avatar had their own unique abilities.[break][break]

But before Bee had a chance to respond, the game camera's screen replayed the video both men had hoped to see. From offscreen descended a great bird, its wings wreathed in roaring flames. It seemed exhausted, as if returning from a long journey.[break][break]

Zev watched as the recording showed Moltres land on the lava churning in the volcano's caldera, tuck its wings against its side, and swim in leisurely circles.[break][break]

He raised his gaze from the screen and looked around at their empty surroundings. "So it was here after all. But where did it go afterward?" he wondered aloud.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 1:47:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"A lot of what you might expect from a Pokémon who bathes in lava." Barnaby answered once the footage began to roll, his attention focused on the screen. There, MOLTRES preened itself within the molten plumes, weary yet magnificent. [break][break]

"Immunity to high temperatures. The ability to conjure fire. That sort of thing."[break][break]

Not anything reality-altering, but still superhuman nonetheless. Barnaby refused to allow the Legendary to grant such powers a second time.[break][break]

"Who knows where it took off to. We'll need to do more reconnaissance." Here, Barnaby fast-forwarded through the video, taking note of time stamps and dates. "It looks to be leaving and returning about every three to five days, though."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 2:50:05 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev nodded at the logical explanation of powers, and for a moment, he allowed himself to imagine what it might be like to have such superhuman abilities. He'd witnessed some of 's, 's, and 's, but not the full extent of any one Avatar yet.[break][break]

An immunity to high temperatures and fire conjuration, while certainly intriguing, weren't particularly relevant to a man like Zev or his usual activities, though. Better to bestow them to one of his allies.[break][break]

Either way, he wasn't about to let the League have them.[break][break]

"If we time it right, we can return here when Moltres is resting, maybe even set up camp at the base of the mountain for a couple of days," he mused aloud, his analytic mind churning through scenarios.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 14:55:27 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Mm, a solid plan — once we're ready to capture it." Barnaby's eyes slipped from the screen and fixed with an expectant stare.[break][break]

"But I want to know where it's going..." The thing was persistent, only staying at the volcano long enough to regain it's energy before venturing out again.[break][break]

"Look here." His gaze returned to the camera, one hand fast-forwarding through the footage and the other pointing to spots on the screen where MOLTRES took to the skies. "It's not leaving in the same direction every time. There's a pattern, though. Once it exhausts all directions it begins to repeat its initial points of takeoff."[break][break]

An exhaustive cycle. Every time it returned, the Legendary bird looked incredibly fatigued. Pushed to its limits.[break][break]

"What's it searching for so intently, I wonder...?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 19:33:38 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev hadn't the first clue what a Legendary bird that embodied flame would want. But when he thought about what would spur something to search tirelessly, day after day, when it was not lacking a home or food, only one thing came to mind:[break][break]

"Family."[break][break]

After all, it's what Zev himself had done. Though he had a comfortable life in Kanto, he had dropped everything to follow his younger brother's trail to Hoenn. And once he'd arrived, he hadn't stopped turning over every rock in the godforsaken region to find Caleb.[break][break]

"Zapdos and Articuno."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 19:27:27 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Family.[break][break]

Of course. The other two birds of the Legendary Trio. was definitely onto something. And no wonder hadn’t thought of that possibility first – he preferred to stay as far away from his own family as possible.[break][break]

Yes. That would make sense. Newly reborn, searching for what’s familiar…” The admin trailed off, thinking over what to do next with this newfound information.[break][break]

and .” He spoke the names aloud, internally processing how to approach the two for ROCKET’s best benefit.[break][break]

I’ll meet with Oscar and see what he has to say about Zapdos.” Here Barnaby’s expression soured slightly. “Lars will be more of a challenge.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 2:50:15 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev had no doubt would help secure another Legendary Pokémon for Team Rocket's possession. He might even have useful knowledge about how to lure Moltres, as he had been the one to lure Zapdos.[break][break]

on the other hand…[break][break]

"Do you have a way to get in contact with Anderson? Perhaps through a disguise or a contact close to him?" Zev asked, not aware that the TV persona was, in fact, the same man as Admin Bee.[break][break]

Alternatively, Team Rocket could attempt kidnapping the Head Ranger, but the underbosses may not approve such a high-risk plan.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 17:46:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

I went on a date with him once.” Barnaby mused, still assessing his options for how to proceed.[break][break]

Their café meeting had occurred a long time ago, under his journalist persona. Not exactly pertinent to the here and now.[break][break]

I don’t think that will really serve us in this situation, though. Lars is a known threat with a bitter temper. Trying to get anything out of him in a timely manner will be… difficult, to say the least.”[break][break]

Barnaby snapped the game camera shut, fastening it back to where it had been located previously. He then began walking toward their next piece of equipment, still relaying his thoughts aloud to .[break][break]

I think our better option is to pursue someone close to him. One of his rangers, perhaps?

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,661 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 0:08:35 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev kept pace with Barnaby as they picked their way across the rocky terrain to the next device.[break][break]

"Do we have any spies among the Rangers' ranks?" the Beast asked.[break][break]

He would have asked if the Galarian were still in Hoenn, but the man hadn't contacted him in a while, nor had he shown up at Howling at the Moon. Zev assumed he'd returned to his home region to help with reconstruction efforts there.[break][break]

"Alternatively, do you know any Rangers who might be willing to divulge that kind of information?"[break][break]

Zev did not know what Bee used as his civilian persona, but if he employed as much charisma for it as he possessed in conversation, surely he knew some people who knew some people.[break][break]

In contrast, a bar owner like Zev was not in a position to know the secrets of the League's Head Rangers.[break][break]

Well, then again, there was always and his friends.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
prodigal sons
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 16:13:08 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

They reached the next game camera with no issues. Barnaby replaced the battery in this one as he did the last, fast-forwarding through the footage once it came to life but seeing much of the same. [break][break]

Not that I’m aware, though I’ll check with Underboss Quinn to be sure.” He replied to , refastening the camera in place as he did so. This had previously been ’s domain, but now had taken on much of the leadership over their espionage division. He would be sure to know.[break][break]

Willing, though? Probably not. But I’m sure we could get one to talk.” Whether that involved persuasion or force was yet to be determined.[break][break]

But had just the ranger in mind.[break][break]