2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
shadow sneak
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 14:14:18 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Reaching out to had been a no brainer. He could think of nobody else better suited to give him advice in how to best utilise his newly gifted abilities.

Even if the request for help had felt uncomfortably foreign when formed on his tongue, Angelo had swallowed his pride.

Perhaps he would've figured it out for himself had the calamity not grinned at him from his shadow, teeth clicking like the advance of a clock hand.  

They'd arranged to meet up in the League HQ's training facilities, where no doubt a regime or practice drill as rigorously direct as Gunner himself was waiting for him.

Already warmed up and muscles loosened from some pre-workout exercises, Angelo approaches the agent, rolling a shoulder. “So what should I expect first?

Beside him, a marshadow mimics his movements.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
shadow sneak
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 0:28:12 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner, too, had warmed up already, though his role in the practice drill he'd designed for Angelo did not require him to move around as much. Dressed in workout clothes, he gestured for the other man to follow him.[break][break]

"We're going to test your new abilities as an Avatar and get you some practice using them," the agent explained. He'd read the report from of what Angelo could do; the details still amazed him.[break][break]

They entered an enclosed, outdoor area that, at first glance, did not look especially remarkable. In fact, it looked like the natural landscape of the island, complete with trees gently swaying in the breeze and random rocky formations. The area was large enough that the fencing surrounding it was difficult to see in its entirety.[break][break]

"Specifically, you're going to turn invisible and try to sneak up on me. I get one minute to find a decent location to wait. If I notice you first, we do it again, but I'll change locations."[break][break]

Gunner tilted his head at Angelo. "Any questions?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Super Training

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
shadow sneak
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 19:01:00 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Straight to the point, then.” Not like Angelo expected anything less from , his impression so far was that the guy was all business.

But that diligence was exactly what he needed to learn how best to apply his abilities - the ones he'd shared, anyway. 

Not to say practicing his newfound invisibility on  wasn't fun. Sneaking up on her in the Sotally Tober apartment would never not be. The art of stealthily pinching ass was simply destined to be a private talent. 

Together he strolls with Gunner towards an enclosed outdoor space, stretching far out across the island of Ever Grande. Nature encapsulated from prying eyes.

Angelo whistles as a refreshing breeze tickles his skin, impressed. Quiet mimics it. 

Sounds simple enough,” he turns to Gunner with a slight shrug. “Want me to turn around or do you trust me enough not to peek?

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
shadow sneak
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 19:30:45 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

It was Gunner's turn to shrug. "It won't matter."[break][break]

As he spoke, his Alakazam appeared in the blink of an eye. In a second blink, they were gone, carried away to another section of the training area with teleportation.[break][break]

"Thanks, Merlin," Gunner murmured to his Pokémon, who nodded back before disappearing again to watch from afar.[break][break]

The agent found himself at the far end of the fenced-in area, among a grove of trees. A short distance past the fence, the ground descended sharply toward the island's coast. Even from where he stood, Gunner could hear the murmur of the ocean and the calls of Wingull.[break][break]

He spent the next minute wandering that end of the training area, finding a suitable location to wait for Angelo's arrival. A large boulder drew his attention. Part of it jutted over the ground in a natural overhang, a good place for someone to seek shelter, especially during a storm.[break][break]

Gunner sat down with his back to the sea and waited.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
shadow sneak
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 19:02:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
All gives him in response is a short, formal answer. Business-like. Even though he had been the one to sign up for training with the secret agent, Angelo begins to get the sense this was going to be a long day... 

Later,” he says when Gunner teleports away with his alakazam. When he turns, blue eyes roll with him. 

Yep. Long day. 

Angelo waits beneath the shade of a nearby tree, watching a pidgey struggling to pick a plump berry off the branch, until around a minute passes. 

Ready?” He says to his companion, Quiet silently sinking into shadow in confirmation, eager to observe. Not like the marshadow could mimic what Angelo does next.

Stretching his newfound psychic abilities, with a mental sweep over his body invisibility covers Angelo like a cloak. From head to toe.      

Not even shadow remains as he sets off into the depths of the enclosed wilderness, seeking

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
shadow sneak
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 20:27:42 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner was not the most patient man, but years of training as a spy helped him ease into the long wait. He did not pass the time idly; instead, he listened and watched with full alertness. Every rustle of leaves and Wingull cry caught his attention.[break][break]

Which is why, when he finally recognized the signs that was only a couple of meters away, he was very impressed with the other man's skill.[break][break]

"You're pretty good," Gunner said, meaning it. "If you'd been sneaking up on anyone else, you might have gotten the jump on them."[break][break]

He stood, brushing the dirt off his pants.[break][break]

"I'm glad to know you weren't going to do something dumb like step on a twig," the agent added, his smile suggesting a joke even though his tone was as serious as usual.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
shadow sneak
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 19:09:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Angelo was no stranger to sneaking around. Regardless, despite often taking the stealthier approach to Skyler's brute force when they do Nautica jobs together, he was no professional. Untrained. 

Up against , he may as well be a Donphan.

For a moment he's tempted to keep quiet and keep going, only Gunner is looking more or less in his direction. He has him more of less pinned. Angelo fades back into visibility, competitiveness follows. 

Should've slowed down a notch. Not bad for a first attempt. Was a close one.” Not really. 

Oh. Was that a peek of a smile, Mr Graves? 

C'mon, Graves. Give me a bit of credit.” Playing along, Angelo flicks away a nearby twig away with his toe. 

I'm ready to go again.” He declares, tilting his head to the side in a stretch. “Any pearls of wisdom for me first?

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
shadow sneak
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 14:44:04 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner chuckled, a rare sound that faded too quickly. "I did say you're pretty good. Impressive, even."[break][break]

The compliment came slowly, as if the word had momentarily stuck behind his teeth.[break][break]

When Angelo asked for pearls of wisdom, Gunner indicated the swaying branches of a nearby tree. "The breeze here is strong, so you can tell when something moves against it. You're a pilot, right? Use it to your advantage."[break][break]

He raised a hand, summoning his Alakazam to his side again. "See you soon."[break][break]

And then he disappeared once more, teleporting to another part of the enclosed space, where he found another spot to wait.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
shadow sneak
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 13:47:23 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","wownew"]
[attr="class","wownewtag"]
[attr="class","wownewmain"]Satisfied with the nuggets of intelligence given, Angelo gives a nod. His lips pressed into an impressed line. Sparked with inspiration and the digestible comparison to his flight experience, wheels turn in his head.

"A’right. Catch you later," he promises before Gunner is whisked away again through the psychic shift of his alakazam.

Like before, rinse and repeat, Angelo waits a little until his body vanishes from sight. 

This time, even though his legs itch to advance and close the distance when Gunner comes into view, he forces himself to slow. Prowling forward only when the wind whistles in his favour, rustling leaves masking soft footfalls.
[attr="class","wownewpoke"]
[newclass=.wownew] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.wownewmain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.wownewtag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.wownewtag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownewpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
shadow sneak
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 15:13:46 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Angelo's eyes lit up with understanding, giving Gunner confidence that the pilot knew exactly what to do.[break][break]

And so, this time, Gunner did not notice Angelo's approach — not in the way the tall grass bended or the way low branches were brushed aside. He frowned as the time passed without any sign or sight of the other man.[break][break]

But there was nothing to do except wait. Gunner continued to scan the area, looking for clues but finding none. What were the odds Angelo was nearly upon him?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
shadow sneak
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 19:11:12 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","wownew"]
[attr="class","wownewmain"]It’s not the fastest or the most elegant of approach. Competitiveness, ironically, makes Angelo take his time. Ensuring he doesn’t step on a twig at the wrong moment or sneeze from pollen being picked up on a gust.

This was all still new. Everything he had to consider.

Eventually a hand claps down on Gunner’s left shoulder, only for him to reveal himself a moment later on the agent’s right side.

He prematurely grins before the verdict is given. “Well?
[newclass=.wownew] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.wownewmain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.wownewtag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.wownewtag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.wownew a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.wownewpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
shadow sneak
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 13:40:35 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The sudden weight of a hand on Gunner's shoulder prompted him to whirl around, startled. Instinct made him grab onto Angelo's arm in defense. But as soon as he saw the other man's face, Gunner relaxed.[break][break]

A rare, pleased smile spread across his face. "Good. Better."[break][break]

Anyone familiar with the agent knew that praise from him was even less common than a smile. Rarely did he use a word stronger than 'good'.[break][break]

"Do you want to keep practicing, or should we take a break?" he asked.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
shadow sneak
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 14:06:36 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","wownew"]
[attr="class","wownewmain"]“Let’s keep going. I’m just getting warmed up.

Clapping an encouraging palm against Gunner’s shoulder once more for good measure, both men relax. Pleased smiles in place. Angelo wasn’t about to call time when he’d just started a desired hot streak.

They continue practicing in this manner for a while longer. Eventually Angelo would grow comfortable enough to pick up the pace, pushing himself to consider speed. It’s a lot to balance. On top of maintaining his stealth while weaving in efficiency, his success rate hits some waves.

Sitting beneath the shade of a tree as they take a break, Angelo takes a swig of water. “Y’sure you’re not part noivern?
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,294 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
shadow sneak
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 14:34:32 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner chuckled before taking a swig from his own bottle of water. "I promise you, I'm not. I've just been trained to notice when people are sneaking up on me to kill me."[break][break]

He leaned back against the rough trunk of the tree. A playful breeze blew through the area, teasing his ash blonde hair.[break][break]

"I've never had to practice with someone who could turn invisible. The powers you Avatars receive are unlike anything I've ever seen anywhere else in the world," Gunner continued, obvious awe in his voice.[break][break]

Then he asked the question that had been on his mind for weeks.[break][break]

"Was that what happened back in Dewford? With your eyes?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
shadow sneak
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 20:25:42 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","wownew"]
[attr="class","wownewmain"]Water bottle pinched between his fingers like a prize at a crane game, Angelo absentmindedly swirls the water. When his back hits the trunk of the tree a breath of amusement has been let free.

Ah. That’s more of a Latios thing, than a me thing,” he admits, finding little issue in divulging. He’d already seen the evidence, after all. Gunner wasn’t stupid enough to fall for a lie.

Besides, the League had those particular details down on paper now, anyway.

We’re connected psychically. Have been since before all of this,” at that, Angelo gestures to himself with a blasé hand sweep. “He can show me what he can see in that moment. Kind of like… a live video feed, if I have to compare it to something.

Whether he had access to similar powers on his own? Well. He was quickly figuring things out.

He chuckles. “The eye situation kinda ruins the subtlety, though. Was overdue someone catching on.