he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 19:21:16 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Silence returned to Circhester as the hostile Pokémon fell. The gigantic Kingler reverted back to its normal size. Dust settled, and a stillness fell upon the scene like a shroud. Gunner exhaled, feeling exhausted deep in his bones.[break][break]

The peasantry were first to react. Cheering and clapping, they stormed the street and crowded around one of the Rangers () and . Cries of "Hail the king and queen!" filled the air, and two people threw makeshift crowns atop their heads.[break][break]

Gunner's eyes locked with Summer's, and all at once, he realized he'd ripped away his own cover in an attempt to save his own skin. A mix of embarrassment and fury washed over him. Embarrassment because he'd been forced into this position, and the returning fury of her presence in the first place.[break][break]

Storming over, his boots heavy against the cobblestone, Gunner seized Summer by the arm. "We need to talk," he said in a voice that brooked no argument.[break][break]

Then, regardless if she resisted or complied, he dragged her to the side of the street where a rundown building provided some privacy for their conversation.[break][break]

"Care to explain to me why you're here? On a battlefield? On the side of Team Rocket?" he ground out, baring his teeth.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Takes place during Goodbye Galar: Rusted Sword

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 19:47:31 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","spt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Summer had no idea what was happening. Everything was a blur to her. One moment, she was about to be crushed by the giant claws of the GIGANTAMAX KINGLER, staring helplessly ahead. Then she was saved, later she learned by ’s Pokémon.[break][break]

She made a note to herself to thank him later. Because as soon as she turned, trying to say something, anything to , a hoard of people showed up. They swarmed her and , chanting something about a king and…[break][break]

Queen?[break][break]

There was confusion in her gaze, and Summer felt her chest growing tight with panic as claustrophobia gripped her like a vice. However, a hand gripped her and pulled her away from the celebration. For a moment, she could breathe a sigh of relief. Until she heard his voice.[break][break]

”Gunner… I can’t, please. Not right now,” she began to beg. And never begged.[break][break]

But there they were, alone on the side street with eerie buildings. The air was still, and it was quiet. Too quiet, until he almost spit the words at her. Summer glared at him, her own rage building as she stood her ground.[break][break]

”What about you? A special agent? You were supposed to be working on some paralegal case, Gunner! Not fighting or…” She paused. Spying?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
goodbye galar - rusted sword

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.spt2] --accent: #DE716D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 1:47:46 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner could not deny her accusation. Not when he was dressed head-to-toe in a League-issued field uniform with "HBIC" emblazoned on his chest. He narrowed blue eyes at her but eventually admitted the truth he'd been hiding for the past six months.[break][break]

"Yes. You were never supposed to find out." He gestured to his chest. "I conduct investigations on behalf of the Hoenn Bureau of Intelligence and Counterterrorism."[break][break]

He said the last word with special emphasis, as if he were jabbing a finger at her. Then he shook his head, full of disbelief at the lies that had unraveled in less than twenty-four hours.[break][break]

"I can't believe this, Summer. Your records were clean. Your company's records, too."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 2:07:11 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","spt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Summer gave an incredulous scoff, glaring daggers at him. The late nights he said he was working. The texts about being busy. It all made sense now. She had wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, that maybe the case he had been working on was truly something terribly time consuming.[break][break]

"And the League is purely good? How many times has your leader made decisions that affected the lives of hundreds, if not thousands, of people in Hoenn? Selfishly questionable decisions?"[break][break]

Gunner had no right to understand why Summer was in Rocket. He had no right to know that once you were born in it, it was hard to leave. Rocket was practically her blood. They could play this game of back and forth all day long, but she was fucking sick and tired of it.[break][break]

The lies, the betrayal. She was hurt.[break][break]

"I know how to hide my secrets. Though I suppose you can say the same. So that's why you never came home? You were too busy investigating Rocket? Did you even love me at all, or was all of this a ruse to try to find out my dirty little secret?"[break][break]

Summer's voice wavered and her throat felt tight as she pushed a finger into his chest, gritting her teeth.[break][break]

"Because congratulations, Gunner. You got what you wanted."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.spt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.spt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 2:22:13 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's anger flared, stoked by Summer's accusations. He could handle being insulted, but he would not stand her questioning and mocking the government he'd dedicated the past few years of his life to serving.[break][break]

"Commissioner Goode is doing a world's worth of good compared to the criminals that lead Team Rocket. The fact that you can even compare them is ridiculous. Hell, the fact that you even think it's not worth my time to investigate terrorists is insane."[break][break]

She jabbed her finger into his chest, and he shoved it aside with a violent motion, as if she were made of the same poison that had ruined the land around them.[break][break]

"Don't you fucking call me a liar," he said hotly. "I thought you were a decent person. A good person, even. I fell in love with that person. Not some reckless, unthinking woman who would endanger her own fucking baby."[break][break]

Gunner flashed back to the conversation they had when they'd found out she was pregnant. She'd insisted the child was his, but if she'd lied about her affiliation with Team Rocket, then what else could she have made up just to keep him ensnared?[break][break]

"It's not even mine, is it?" He scowled at her, his voice coming out in a seething hiss. "Your files said you were known to sleep around. Is it the rock star, 's? Or maybe the mercenary's? What's his name again — ?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 2:34:32 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","spt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Summer was seething. Because this was supposed to have been an easy job. A quick, get in and get out job. Obviously, that turned out to be the complete opposite. But before she could even get those words out, his accusations made her blood run cold as ice.[break][break]

She felt the murderous intent in her blood boil. She had done it before, and if she thought she had the ability against Gunner, she might have tried it.[break][break]

"You son of a bitch, Gunner Graves!" she spat, her hand flying toward him as she tried to slap him. It was a weak attempt, driven by blind rage and fury.[break][break]

"How fucking dare you call me unfaithful! This entire time, I've been loyal to you. I've been your girlfriend, and I've waited for you. I haven't even touched you since we had our fight, and you're calling me a cheater? Fuck you!"[break][break]

Summer was near sobbing, unsure of when she started to cry. All she knew was it was hard to breathe. She couldn't see. She was swinging wildly and angrily at him.[break][break]

"How do I know you haven't been sneaking around with some other person while I've been waiting day and night for you to come home and see me? You didn't give a damn about me! You just cared about my secrets. You never cared about me or your child. You never loved either of us. Fuck you!" she repeated.[break][break]

Her breath was rattled and breaking as she attempted to try and catch it, grabbing at her hair as she slumped back against a wall and cried. "You were my everything, Gunner."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 12:44:55 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Summer's palm hit its mark, striking Gunner's cheek with a sharp smack. But there was less force in it than he'd expected. The first tendrils of guilt snaked into his gut as she started to sob.[break][break]

And then she ranted at him about cheating, claiming he never truly cared, and his temper worsened, shoving aside the guilt before it could take hold on his heart.[break][break]

"There you go again, calling me a liar," Gunner growled, his eyes flashing with fury. "First you insult my work, and now you think I cheated on you instead."[break][break]

's face flashed through his mind — as well as the memories of all the times he could have kissed her but didn't. He'd held back precisely because he was a better person than Summer was accusing him of being.[break][break]

"But of course. You're Rocket scum. All you criminals can think about is how to hurt other people."[break][break]

He forced himself to look past her tears, past her lies. "You were my everything, Gunner." Lies, lies, lies.[break][break]

"I can't believe I stuck with you this whole time, thinking you were a good person, when I could've…" His voice trailed off as he reconsidered the barb he was about to sling at her. Then he shook his head again and turned away. "You know what, it doesn't matter."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 12:55:14 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","spt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

It was like none of her words even sank into him. He had some sort of shield, and they were reflecting off one by one, thrown back onto the ground. Gunner wasn't listening to her, and he was proving it as he spat back at her like she filled his mouth with the poison they were fighting back.[break][break]

They were both liars. Neither of them could accept it though.[break][break]

Summer couldn't take it anymore. After so long of waiting for him, wishing he'd come home and spend even a minute with her and talk to her about his day, like they would use to... it was all gone. The cards were out on the table. It was over. And she couldn't let him break her heart anymore.[break][break]

And when he turned away from her, she pushed herself off the wall, turning away from him as she smeared her makeup by wiping the tears from her cheeks and her eyes. Pathetic. Weak.[break][break]

"This is over, Gunner. I don't want to see you again. If you want to see your baby, you are more than welcome to. I won't hold away your rights as a father. But I'm through with this."[break][break]

Summer didn't look at him again as she walked away, toward the crowd, the makeshift crown that had been on her head abandoned down that street and near Gunner's feet still.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 13:08:28 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

ONE MONTH LATER

[break]

Calyrex had just departed. Gunner remained on the ice wall created by and Kyogre, looking out at the vast, poison-infused wasteland that Galar had become. Their visitor was a mere speck in the distance and growing smaller with every minute.[break][break]

Gunner still wore his League-issued uniform as everyday dress, but he'd procured a heavy cloak to keep him warm from the wall's chill. As a result, his outfit was an odd mix of the world from which he'd come and the world he'd been forced to call home.[break][break]

Home. No. They had only been in Circhester for a month. It was longer than any of them had expected to remain, but they were all still hopeful that they'd find a way back to Hoenn. They had to. Everything they'd ever known was back there, not here in this damned version of Galar.[break][break]

With those thoughts swirling in his head, Gunner turned away from the horizon and started down the steps toward the city.[break][break]

A distressed peasant woman met him at the bottom, rushing over as if her feet were on fire. "Sir! You have to come to the hospital, quickly!" she exclaimed.[break][break]

Gunner frowned. "The hospital? What's going on?"[break][break]

"It's the queen! Your brother is with her. Something's not right, sir. Hurry!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 13:19:01 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","spt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

It had all started with a sickness Summer couldn't describe. She never felt so ill in her life, going from her bed to the bathroom and eventually laying weakly on the floor unable to move. Somehow, by a miracle, she was found by a "lady in waiting" — the Galarian customs still seemed to run deep even though the Hoennians had only been there for a month.[break][break]

She was quickly rushed to the hospital, or what was left operational. And was called, since he and had taken to setting up medical aid for the peasantry.[break][break]

While her own life was saved, it couldn't be said for the most precious one. She was confined to her hospital bed, and when she was told the news, there were heart breaking sobs and screams of pain. Curse Galar. Curse the poison.[break][break]

Curse .[break][break]

While she had a calm in her storm of emotions, Summer requested that they let him know the news. Whether or not he'd show, she didn't care. But, he at least deserved to know.[break][break]

So, if he came, he'd find her laying curled into a ball, facing away from the door in the hospital bed. The head of the bed was flat, and her hands were holding her head as she hid from the light that poured into her room from the window.[break][break]

Summer was truly alone and vulnerable.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 13:37:24 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner had not spoken with Summer since their nasty argument a month ago. He would not have come if the peasant woman hadn't mentioned Summer needing Gideon's help.[break][break]

Though Gideon was not a doctor in the medical sense of the word, he'd taken it upon himself to act as one. And considering the scarcity of their supplies and Gideon's limited time, whatever was wrong with Summer had to be urgent if she needed him.[break][break]

Of course, upon arrival, Gunner received the news. She'd miscarried. She was fine, but the baby was gone in a tide of blood.[break][break]

He was numb all over as he walked with leaden footsteps toward her hospital room. A maelstrom of emotions swirled with him, but the first and foremost that had surfaced upon hearing the devastating news was one that stoked his guilt the most: relief.[break][break]

Relief that he didn't have to be the father of a child in this Arceus-forsaken world.[break][break]

Or at all.[break][break]

Gunner pushed open her door. It creaked loudly on his hinges. "Summer?" he ventured, still standing in the threshold. If he entered, he did not know what he would do. What he would feel. It was better to keep his distance.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 14:02:54 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","spt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Summer?"[break][break]

Summer had heard the door open, expecting it to be a nurse, , or . Maybe even one of the other Hoennians that were there with them, check on her. But she didn't expect the voice to be .[break][break]

She jerked under her blankets. It was clear and obvious that she was startled. Her heart began to race. There was an occasional ding on the monitor she was connected on that indicated her heart rate was growing rapidly, above the alert limit.[break][break]

"I didn't think you'd come..." she said slowly, opening her eyes and staring at the window in front of her.[break][break]

She didn't have the courage to turn at look at him yet. She breathed in, taking in some of the oxygen through her cannula, before sighing through her mouth. "Breathe. In and out. Slowly."[break][break]

When she finally did turn, Summer swallowed as she sat herself up, rubbing at her eyes and sighing again.[break][break]

"I, uh... Gideon's a good doctor, for a museum owner..." She didn't know what to say to Gunner. The last time she saw him, she slapped him, screamed at him, cried at him, and cursed him out. She broke up with him.[break][break]

What did she say?[break][break]

"Did they tell you anything?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 14:15:24 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Summer looked a mess. The guilt gripped Gunner harder, tearing at his heart. Unable to look her in the eye, he averted his gaze to the foot of her bed.[break][break]

"Yeah, he is," Gunner said of .[break][break]

An awkward tension filled the space between him and Summer. It was easier, in a way, to talk about anything other than their situation. Yet she brought it up anyway, indirectly mentioning the reason he had come to the hospital — and why she was there in the first place.[break][break]

"Yeah. They did. I'm sorry." He swallowed, uncomfortable, unsure of what to say. "You, uh… you seem okay, at least."[break][break]

She hadn't died, at any rate. But of course, it was the worst thing to say to a woman who'd just lost a child.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 14:23:31 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","spt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Summer looked down at her lap when he said it. "I'm sorry." It wasn't like he did anything regarding this situation. It was just a phrase people said when they were uncomfortable or pitied the person that was ill, sick, hurt, whatever was going on.[break][break]

Like they were complete strangers.[break][break]

Perhaps they were now. She didn't know how much of his life she never knew. It would probably be best if she regarded him as someone she never met before.[break][break]

Summer let out a scoff, leaning her head back against the pillows as fresh tears began to well in her eyes. "That depends on your definition of 'okay,' I guess."[break][break]

It felt like a piece of her had died. He, on the other hand, appeared almost nonchalant about it.[break][break]

"You don't seem too hurt by this, though. Do you think I'm getting my punishment now?" In her wave of emotions, she couldn't help but be bitter, bringing up his disdain to her allegiance to Rocket. He called her scum. A terrorist.[break][break]

Maybe it was a punishment.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
What We Lost [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 14:40:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner heard the pain in Summer's voice, in the quiet way she scoffed. He remained in the doorway, hovering there as if frozen to it. Like he was seconds away from fleeing.[break][break]

Because she was right. He wasn't hurting. At least, the pain of losing something that had partly come from him hadn't set in yet. All he could feel was the weight of expectations lifting from his chest, freeing his lungs so he could breathe.[break][break]

"I don't know, Summer," he exhaled, feeling irritated by her question. "It doesn't matter. We've been here a month with no way home yet."[break][break]

It had been a hard month of rationing food, medical supplies, clothing, and equipment. Gunner had been working nonstop with others to cleanse the city of poison, repair buildings, and keep watch on the ice walls.[break][break]

What kind of parents would they be if they raised a child in this world?[break][break]

"Maybe it was for the best."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]