Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 7:10:16 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

She'd fumbled the code to 's apartment enough times that the keypad had locked her out.[break][break]

Cursing loudly in Kalosian and pounding on his door in frustration -- (Why isn't he here, why isn't anyone ever there when I need them?) -- she'd lost precious seconds of her dwindling sanity before managing to enter the right combination.[break][break]

The door begrudgingly yawned open to reveal a luxurious penthouse, dim and dark with its own emptiness.[break][break]

A peculiar déjà vu gripped her suddenly as she crossed the threshold; why was she staying in his home, when he was meant to belong in hers?[break][break]

Heavy fog shrouded those lost decades in Motostoke from her recollection, but small pieces of memory still floated upwards, frustratingly close to breaking the surface of her thoughts.[break][break]

She'd made a home for him, hadn't she? To comfort him when he returned from -- well, from what? From where?[break][break]

How strange. She didn't have a home anymore.
[break]

Elisabeth staggered forward as if in a daze. Sluggish movements took her to the kitchen, until belatedly, her mind realized what her hands were doing.[break][break]

An exquisite Bourdeaux wine glass imported from Lumiose City winked up at her, glittering in her grasp as her other hand rifled through Barnaby's cabinets for an appropriate red to pour.[break][break]

Her back slid down against the wall, content to wallow on the floor with her stolen bottle of Kalosian wine. What should have been a rich, full-bodied taste settled like ash on her tongue, but Elisabeth drank it anyway.[break][break]

She'd contented herself with this small truth: that in the absence of true pleasure, the echo of it was better than nothing at all.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 4:09:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

was greeted by the silence of an empty apartment.[break][break]

For all of about three seconds. Almost immediately, the click of tiny nails on tile would alert her to a diminutive guard dog of sorts. A familiar one, at that.[break][break]

Pepin the EEVEE scampered around the corner to welcome — what he thought — was his master . Upon seeing a dark-haired woman, however, he froze momentarily, his large, glassy eyes taking her in. She was different now... but he recognized her all the same.[break][break]

With a a barrage of pleasant squeaks, he followed her into the kitchen. Watched as she fumbled around the cabinets, curious but unconcerned. And curled beside her as she slid to the floor — comforting, as the little guy was so inclined to be.[break][break]

"If you wanted a drink so badly you could have just invited me out, you know."[break][break]

In the transitionary space between kitchen and living area, leaned against an ornate column, watching Elisa as she nursed her pilfered wine.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 6:05:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Small kindnesses startled her.[break][break]

Barnaby's Eevee smiled up at her, bushy tail swaying to and fro, as his little body provided an unexpected and welcome source of warmth curled up at her side. Her hand hovered over its small head, cautiously, before lowering to scratch the fox-like Pokemon behind the ears.[break][break]

The simple comfort reminded her of a similar memory in the Petalburg Woods, snugly encircled between two beautiful Ninetales; for some reason, the recollection made her eyes water, and she let her wine glass rest on the ground.[break][break]

"If you wanted a drink so badly you could have just invited me out, you know."
[break]

Her head snapped up, red with the hot flush of someone caught mid-transgression. Her hand retreated from Pepin to ball into a useless fist.[break][break]

"There's nowhere to drink in Hoenn," she said, wrapping her arms around herself. "Nowhere decent, anyway."[break][break]

Carmine eyes decidedly avoided his own cobalt blue, staring circles through the floor.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 20:43:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"Fair enough."[break][break]

Pushing himself off the pillar (while simultaneously avoiding Pepin's excited scrambling upon seeing his master), Barnaby strode through his kitchen and plucked a glass from one of the cupboards and an appropriate red wine from the rack on the counter.[break][break]

They'd each have a bottle of their own. It was that sort of night, Barnaby figured.[break][break]

Sliding down to the floor beside her, he poured a generous amount of drink for himself, took a sip, and then regarded with a neutral expression. Not concerned, not angry, not sympathetic.[break][break]

Curious.[break][break]

"What brings you here, then? Certainly not just my excellent taste in wine."

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 3:34:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Mm."[break][break]

Pepin's departure left her feeling the absence of another's comfort, until Barnaby leaned down beside her on the floor. Rather than mock her, as she'd half-expected him to, or snidely ignore her, which felt equally possible, he merely listened to her. Devoid of judgment.[break][break]

You knew he was still safe to return to, some small part of her whispered. Though she wasn't sure why.[break][break]

"I just... Ever since the battle against the Zamazenta and the Ruinous Beast, I've felt..." Words struggled to form, the overwhelming emotions that had collided in on her since the battle's conclusion vying for dominance in her. She rubbed her temples, speech failing her.[break][break]

How could she explain this to him? Would it make sense to anyone else? Her explanations came out slow, halting, and disjointed as she rested her head on his shoulder.[break][break]

A pause inserted itself, before a softer admission followed for his ears alone.[break][break]

"Have you ever felt like your choices aren't fully your own?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 23:25:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Midnight curls spilled over Barnaby's shoulder as rested her head there. The admin was slightly surprised by the gesture; he'd never seen this Elisa so soft before, after all. [break][break]

Vulnerable in a way he doubted her Patron would appreciate.[break][break]

"We work for Rocket, mon fleur. None of our choices are our own." [break][break]

Elisa had sold that luxury the moment she'd decided to leave Kalos, while Barnaby had never even had the illusion of choice. [break][break]

Still, he'd made the most of his lot in life and embraced the power and privileged that ROCKET allowed him. Had Elisa done the same in her two years in Hoenn?[break][break]

"What choices are you struggling with, hm?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 0:57:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"That's not what I--!"[break][break]

Frustration clenched her jaw shut, swallowing back a choked protest she didn't understand enough to explain. Restless fingers twisted themselves in her black curls, agitated and insistent.[break][break]

Rocket felt so powerless when compared to the chokehold of a god. Others had escaped Rocket unscathed, right from underneath 's watchful gaze.[break][break]

There was no escape from what lived in her head.[break][break]

"This isn't the same," she finally forced out, tears threatening at the corners of her eyes as she glared up at him. How could he always be so calm, when all of her seemed to fray and unravel at the edges? How she'd always envied him that composure.[break][break]

The questioning look in his cobalt eyes offered her no pity, no sympathy. They merely glittered with cool wondering.[break][break]

He was unreadable, as he ever was.[break][break]

"How do you do that?" she demanded of him then, ashamed of the droplets that fell and stained his shirt with proof of her weakness. "I can't... I can't ever control this." Her voice trembled as she wiped away her tears, gesturing to herself with utter disdain. "Even if I wanted to, I don't..."[break][break]

The implicit confession of both deities tumbled out of her thoughtlessly, buried in his shoulder.[break][break]

"They won't let me."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 21:09:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

She'd chosen this fate.[break][break]

Denied CELEBI. [break][break]

Embraced WO-CHIEN.[break][break]

Invited the devil inside of her.[break][break]

And of course, as demons are want to do, it changed her. Physically, with her dark curls and carmine eyes — a reflection of the evil within. But also mentally, emotionally, to the basest level of her humanity.[break][break]

was broken, now. Even more so than before.[break][break]

"You're right," He agreed, with the same coolness that so aggravated her. "Rocket isn't the same as them."[break][break]

He tried to imagine what otherworldly shackles made by WO-CHIEN and TAPU FINI might feel like. But there was no parallel to compare to; Elisa's Avatarships were uniquely her own.[break][break]

Still, she should know better.[break][break]

With this sort of power came concessions. There was no illusion surrounding that fact. and Primal Intoxication came to mind, though there were likely others. [break][break]

Nothing is given for free. There are always ulterior motives and consequences.[break][break]

"Ssshh..." However much he internally judged, outwardly Barnaby soothed, swinging an arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer. He'd even place his wine glass on the floor and bring that hand to her cheek, wiping away any remaining wayward droplets.[break][break]

"Speak clearly. What are you trying to control?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 1:43:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Saltwater tears slipped between his fingers, stinging his touch with the spite of the sea.[break][break]

Hazy images would dance in and out of his consciousness, their resentment bleeding in where his skin met hers: a white-haired woman; a terrifying piscine creature with vacant blue eyes and cold, webbed hands; raging waves of foaming pink surf; a clear feminine voice ringing out like a bell, "he does not control me any longer, and neither do you."[break][break]

"They own me, Barnaby. More than Rocket ever has."[break][break]

She drew her knees close to her chest, fighting and failing to suppress the sobs that welled up in the back of her throat. So stupid, so foolish. Hadn't she sworn against this, being controlled by anything or anyone again?[break][break]

How quickly she sacrificed her freedom for self-preservation, always.[break][break]

Tapu Fini had terrified her, when it loomed before her with its moonlit demands. She'd made that deal blindly, believing in the intentions of that otherworldly ally that had lured her to the coastline. But Wo-chien...? Had she a choice, really, when it came to that Ruinous Beast?[break][break]

When asked to relinquish her pain, she'd surrendered herself to it instead, like a child afraid of leaving its mother's shadow. She didn't know how to exist in its absence.[break][break]

"I am not... the master of myself. What I think... What I feel..." She stumbled through her explanation, vexed by her own inarticulate nature. "It's either all this pain, this exhausting need to let it out on something or someone, or it's..."[break][break]

She blinked back tears from surfacing, cursing herself for her own weakness as she rubbed her eyes all the redder. A raw hoarseness ripped through her answer, strained and broken.[break][break]

"Or I'm just empty. Like there's nothing under all that pain left to feel."[break][break]

Inside her was a gaping void bereft of contentment, joy, or any cousin of kindness.

[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 23:55:35 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

The scent of earthy wine was replaced by the salt of the sea.[break][break]

Barnaby's vision blurred for a moment, leaving Elisa's crumpled face to dim from sight, only for it to resurface as that of a monster. Scaled, dead-eyed, familiar...[break][break]

He remembers it as a misty shape on the set of his talk show. Knows it to be TAPU FINI, a deity once connected so intimately with .[break][break]

Recognizes the white-haired woman, too. . [break][break]

Within seconds snapped back to reality. He removed his hand from Elisa's cheek and replaced it on his temple, shaking his head lightly to try and rid of the unsettling disorientation he was suddenly feeling.[break][break]

What did it mean? He had little time to process the vision. continued to crumble before his very eyes, trembling and weeping more than he'd ever seen her do. [break][break]

"..." It was a rare occasion when was left speechless.[break][break]

But there was no solving this problem for her. No amount of consoling would take these overwhelming feelings away. There was no making her harsh reality any more tolerable. She was held by forces out of Barnaby's reach.[break][break]

What she wanted was taken from her more than a decade ago. Her autonomy had been stripped away over and over again throughout the years, leaving her barren and raw. Open in a vulnerable, wounded way... an easy target for the opportunistic to take advantage.[break][break]

But who would have thought two would come for her?[break][break]

It was more than her mortal psyche could bear.[break][break]

With a deep sigh, Barnaby plucked his wine glass from the floor and drained it in one long chug. Then, for good measure, he took a deep swig from the bottle as well. [break][break]

"Here, come with me." Pushing himself up off the floor, he leaned down and pulled into his arms. Holding her as he did, the filth and grime layered into her clothes was more obvious now. The scent of the sea marked her as its own.[break][break]

She needed to be freed from that, at least. One of the few tethers that Barnaby could relieve. [break][break]

A short walk up the stairs and through his bedroom led them to the master bathroom, where he let her carefully slide from his arms until her feet hit the tiled floor.[break][break]

Barnaby remained behind her, intimately close, to steady her if need be.[break][break]

"When you don't feel human," He began, his voice soft, as he gently swept her still-damp hair away from the back of her neck. "You come to me."[break][break]

Careful fingers pulled down the zipper of her dress, letting the garment fall to her ankles. Now on stark display, it was obvious that beneath the fabric she'd hidden bruises and cuts from him. They marred her beautifully pale skin, the most egregious of which lay deep in the tissue where shoulder met neck.[break][break]

Imprints of canines, incisors, molars. Perfectly aligned in a halo of festering red.[break][break]

"When the pain is too much," Lips brushed against the hairline of her neck, kissing softly downward until they reached the bite mark. He kissed that, too, and murmured into the angry flesh, "You come to me."[break][break]

He pulled away, only to take her hand and have her follow to the bathtub. Spouts twisted, warm water sputtered out, calming oils drizzled into the tub.[break][break]

"When you feel empty inside," Barnaby continued, guiding her into the bath with the same hand he'd used to lead her there. [break][break]

"Come to me, mon fleur."[break][break]

Releasing his hand from hers, he'd sit on the edge of the tub and use it to cup her cheek instead, looking deep into carmine eyes made redder by her tears.[break][break]

"And I will do my best to ease the burden."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 1:24:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

You're such a child, an old voice chastised her, but she ignored it as she relinquished herself into his care. You break yourself, and you ask others to pick up the pieces. When will you learn better?[break][break]

A cruel woman had told her once that the age a woman marries would be the age she found herself arrested in development, trapped forevermore until she freed herself again. Maybe some part of her would always be that nineteen year old girl, blindly running towards a fairy tale ending that was more nightmare than reality.[break][break]

held her with all the care and gentleness that the past decade had denied her, coupled with words of kindness she should know better than to trust. She could understand, in this moment, why those lost at sea might be driven to drinking saltwater. Sometimes you yearned for something so terribly, you slaked your need on the closest thing to water you could find.[break][break]

A cry of relief shuddered through her as his lips met the bitemark on her skin. Its pain felt like permission to confess.[break][break]

"You knew," Elisabeth whispered with quiet disbelief as she turned to him, unable to discern how or why she recognized this. It was simply a knowing, something that had happened in a world that had existed between dreams and reality; the echo of it bled in at the edges of a sepia-toned memory. "...Of course you knew."[break][break]

The oils smelled like him, enveloping her in the scents of lavender and sandalwood. The familiarity of them lulled her into a false sense of ease.[break][break]

She told him everything.[break][break]

How she had met by chance that day. The mistakes she'd fallen into with him, and the discovery of the danger she'd narrowly avoided at Tapu Fini's hands. What he'd done to others. What he'd done to . What that version of him, in another universe, had promised to her in exchange for her help in defeating him. The price she'd paid to achieve that boon.[break][break]

How she didn't know what was still truth or fiction, when it came to the mist that she wielded at its beckoning call. What it did. What it might yet do.[break][break]

When Elisabeth finished, she averted her gaze away from him, afraid of what judgment she might find in his blue eyes.[break][break]

Wo-chien hadn't killed her humanity. The Ruinous Beast had merely stripped away all the barriers that had protected that most vulnerable part of her, leaving it raw and exposed for exploitation.[break][break]

She'd never felt so naked as she did with him now, all her secrets but one given freely unto him. And even that truth failed to stay hidden the instant that she turned back to look at him, revealed in how she stared several moments too long into his cobalt eyes.

Context: Plenilune
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 1:07:27 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Of course he knew.[break][break]

She'd told him herself, in a letter now tucked away in a safe within his library.[break][break]

There was almost nothing that kept from him now. Her secrets spilled over, one after the other, and Barnaby did little but listen as she divulged some of the most vulnerable parts of herself and her story. He'd incline his head for her to continue, raise a brow in surprise, squeeze the hand he still held softly — but did not speak until she was done.[break][break]

And when he did, it was not to judge or to even comment on the absurdity of it all. Instead, he'd beckon her with a quiet question,[break][break]

"What can I do to help?"[break][break]

In those eyes that regarded him with such sheepish love, all could see was the lamb reflected in their dark depths: meek, complacent, trusting. Again and again she found herself here, offering herself up for slaughter to those who would take advantage. [break][break]

Sacrificial in such a masochistic way.[break][break]

Would she ever learn?[break][break]

hoped not, at least not when it came to him.[break][break]

In the meantime, he went to work, leaning in closer to where she lounged in the bathtub. Barnaby was aware that there was more than one way to shackle someone to him. knew well the sorts of things he was capable of, but required a different touch. [break][break]

"Tell me what you want me to do." He breathed out, trailing kisses down her neck: a collar formed by feigned emotions.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 2:10:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She closed her eyes to the truth of him, losing herself to the pleasurable sensation of his lips brushing against her skin.[break][break]

He lied to her so beautifully. She envied him that, too.[break][break]

"Believe me," she sighed out softly, her ask so simple and honest it sounded painfully childlike to her own ears. "Don't stop me from what I have to do."[break][break]

Barnaby saw her plainly for all that she was, and despite this, Elisabeth still viewed her relation to him through the distortion of delusions and half-truths. If she didn't voice her feelings, they did not exist in reality. If she did not admit to this vulnerability she'd exposed to him, then the thorns that guarded her heart remained standing -- their defenses never to be breached.[break][break]

If you didn't name the demon that possessed you, it surely couldn't own you.[break][break]

This bitter irony would always follow her: no matter what the rumors of her said, no matter what seductress Hoenn or Kalos might believe her to be, her heart only knew how to rip itself apart in its eagerness to know love and to be loved.[break][break]

How much easier it would be, if she knew how to fake these emotions she felt so intensely and viscerally.[break][break]

How much crueler it would be, if he ever admitted to reciprocating them aloud.[break][break]

"And when the world asks me to be cruel," she whispered, a hand burying itself in his dark hair as she leaned into his closeness, "remember how to be kind to me."[break][break]

Even if it's a lie, her eyes pleaded with him. Especially if it's a lie.[break][break]

She sank into his embrace, content to drown in the ambiguity of his affection towards her.[break][break]

She found comfort and safety in the unknowing.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 23:58:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Promises were hollow in the criminal world they lived in. Trust was something most knew better than to give.[break][break]

Yet asked both of . [break][break]

He answered her desperation with a kiss; vowed with his lips and not his words. Where she grabbed him, he leaned closer, deepening their embrace to a point where water sloshed around them and wet his thin nightshirt.[break][break]

Her surrender was answer enough. Every stray touch down her body voiced what he did not speak,[break][break]

I can do that for you.[break][break]

Rely on me.[break][break]

Need me.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Le Léthé
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 0:46:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He'd discard her, eventually. All men did, and all men would, some quiet part of her still believed.[break][break]

But it was futile to pretend she was anything but compromised with now.[break][break]

Desire held the sobriety of reason in contempt.[break][break]

Want me, she begged him with the fervor of each returned kiss, her body betraying her loneliness in how greedily she responded to his touch. Her fingers hooked into his shirt with sudden desperation, skin pressed to skin as once-gentle caresses became rough with need. Accept me. Tell me that what I am is enough.[break][break]

The emptiness that she'd confessed to him had become unbearable in its solitude of suffering.[break][break]

Don't leave me, a voice, piteous and small, silently pleaded as she melted into his embrace. Stay.[break][break]

Possession and love could look the same: awaken the same feelings, invite the same closeness, whisper the same tender promises.[break][break]

Both promised you that you were wanted.

[attr="class","pkmn"]