he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 19:54:02 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner did not often find himself in his brother's laboratory in Slateport City, but Gideon had made a special request Gunner could not refuse. "A chance to compare DNA samples from both Hisuian and common Typhlosion," the text had said.[break][break]

And who better to supply the Hisuian Typhlosion than Gunner himself? Guinevere was his companion since childhood; as a result, she was just as familiar with Gideon.[break][break]

The large Pokémon lumbered on all four paws beside her trainer as they entered the lab.[break][break]

"Hey," Gunner greeted his brother, smiling. "I hope we're not late. I promised Guin this wouldn't take very long and we'd get a bite to eat afterward."[break][break]

Reaching down, he scratched the Typhlosion behind her ears.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Bond Bridge (August 2023)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 2:20:04 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

was preparing all the necessary materials for his appointment today, his assistant Proteus the SLOWKING by his side, when he heard the door to his lab slide open.[break][break]

"Gunner," He greeted warmly, turning to see both his brother and a familiar TYPHLOSION at the other man's heel. "You're just on time. Glad you could make it."[break][break]

With most others the professor would have dived right in to his work, but it'd been awhile since he'd seen . [break][break]

"How are things with you?"[break][break]

It seemed like only yesterday Gunner was confessing to his true career in a random Slateport bar.

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 21:18:58 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's smile faltered at Gideon's question. Innocuous as it was, things had been strange lately, especially after the Battle at the Ancient Tomb.[break][break]

"Things are all right, I guess," he said at length, leaning against a countertop to watch his brother finish preparations. "I, uh, I broke up with Summer. Did I ever mention that? And Mila's back in town after—well, she's back in town."[break][break]

After Mila had disappeared one day without any clue to her whereabouts, Gunner had vented to Gideon about her for what he had anticipated was the final time. Now, however, he wasn't sure.[break][break]

"Anyway, work's been crazy. I've been hanging out with Angelo and Skyler more, too." Like in Galar, he wanted to say; the words were on the tip of his tongue. But it felt weird to share that detail, so he didn't.[break][break]

Deflecting the topic of conversation away from himself, Gunner asked, "What about you? How are you doing?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 1:52:08 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

"You didn't." But it was a relief to hear, if Gideon was being honest with himself.[break][break]

And then that relief plummeted to the pit of his stomach, replaced by an uneasy apprehension at the mention of .[break][break]

"Ah." was not known for his poker face. His uncertainty showed in the lines of his face, in the crick of his jaw. The parolee. Wonderful.[break][break]

"Do you plan to continue where you two... left off?" A forward question, but Gideon had long grown weary of their tumultuous on-again-off-again entanglement. In his mind, his brother could do so much better.[break][break]

Little did he know how much of the toxicity was due to himself.[break][break]

It was nice to hear he wasn't just spending time with Mila, though the professor simply nodded pleasantly when and were mentioned. He'd need to connect with the couple again soon. [break][break]

"I'm alright." Normally, Gideon would have left it at that, but considering their talk of relationships...[break][break]

"...Actually, I've been using that app you mentioned recently."[break][break]

As they conversed, the professor shifted around his lab, gathering the necessary supplies for Guin's blood draw.

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 14:35:25 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"No," was Gunner's immediate, defensive response when Gideon asked about Mila. And then he relented, saying with some reluctance, "Maybe. I don't know."[break][break]

He embraced the welcome diversion of the AmiGo app. The guilt on Gunner's face immediately brightened into mischief and intrigue.[break][break]

"Oh yeah? Wait, does that mean you're single again?" he asked, hope and apprehension rising within him in tandem at the prospect.[break][break]

Hope, because the HBIC had recently learned that the woman Gideon had been courting, one , was actually a high-ranking leader within Team Rocket. If he was single again, then he was free of her.[break][break]

Apprehension, because Gunner did not know the circumstances of Gideon's breakup with her. If the woman had been a camouflaged viper all along, how much had she hurt him?[break][break]

"What happened between you and," Gunner paused, as if her name tasted of bile, "Elisabeth?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 22:52:09 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

had hurt him more than even consciously knew. [break][break]

Under the guise of TEAM ROCKET, she'd manipulated him, tortured him, led him on to think that their relationship meant more than it did. And in the end, when he needed her most, she'd vanished.[break][break]

"She ghosted me."[break][break]

He breathed out a sigh, his voice sounding more tired than hurt. Gideon had already felt the pain of Elisa's loss. Grieved her absence, reconciled her abandonment. Though he didn't understand why, he supposed he wasn't necessarily owed that closure.[break][break]

"So, yes. I suppose I am."[break][break]

It was all very mechanical, the way the professor spoke, how he gathered his needle and vial, the way in which he beckoned 's TYPHLOSION over to him.[break][break]

"Be still. This will only hurt for a moment, girl." It took a few seconds to find a viable vein. Soon enough, blood coursed through the syringe and into the attached ampoule.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 23:34:00 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner watched as Gideon drew blood from his Typhlosion. Guinevere never fussed about medical exams, having visited the vet many times since her years as a Cyndaquil. She did not flinch or draw away from Gideon, and instead waited patiently until he was finished.[break][break]

Throughout this, the younger Graves remained silent, holding news on his tongue that he'd learned about the florist. Sharing it with his brother might trigger greater unhappiness within the other man, something Gunner did not wish. On the other hand, Gideon might want to know why Elisabeth had ghosted him.[break][break]

At least it seemed that he'd gotten over her. Gunner wondered when Gideon had last been in contact with Elisabeth.[break][break]

If the timing of events corresponded with the troubling reports from Petalburg Woods.[break][break]

In the end, he spoke up. He did not want Gideon to live without knowing the truth. "I'm glad to hear that," Gunner started, choosing his words carefully. "Apparently, she hid a lot from the public eye."[break][break]

He paused. As much as he wished for it, there was no gentle way to say what he wanted to say.[break][break]

"The Bureau was called to investigate the destroyed shell of her house a few months back. There was a trap door leading to the cellar, where League agents found numerous vials of poison, along with instruments used in toxicology."[break][break]

Gunner fell silent, allowing Gideon a moment to digest his words.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 0:35:37 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

The blood draw was over almost as soon as it'd begun. Gunner had barely spoken and already Gideon was collecting his materials, prepared to dispose of the needle and store the sample within the nearby freezer.[break][break]

But he stopped as soon as his brother's words registered.[break][break]

"Wait," Gideon began, blinking back confusion. "League agents? What are you saying right now?" [break][break]

was just a florist with a homely shop in Petalburg Woods... the same forest that had recently been blighted by some unknown force...[break][break]

The destroyed shell of her house. Poisons. Instruments used in toxicology.[break][break]

As things ticked into place in his mind, Gideon's expression fell. He felt a roaring pressure building in his ears and creeping denial in his heart. He didn't want to believe it.[break][break]

"Is she... dead? What's going on?"[break][break]

Is that why she never responded...? [break][break]

Because she couldn't?

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 0:47:58 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The expression that crept into Gideon's face when he registered Gunner's words made the latter's stomach twist with discomfort. He hated the sight of the fear and trepidation there, the way Gideon's eyes flickered with denial.[break][break]

Gunner shook his head. "She's not dead," he said, uncertain if the truth would reassure his brother or do the opposite. "She's disappeared. We don't know where for certain, but we can guess."[break][break]

He paused once more. There was no turning back now.[break][break]

"Sootopolis."[break][break]

That word hung like a sword above the soft flesh of an exposed neck.[break][break]

"We have confirmation from a source that is a Team Rocket underboss, and was an admin for some time before that. Those are leadership roles, Gideon. She's a terrorist."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 23:57:34 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

The roaring in his ears intensified to a dizzying degree. Gideon felt himself careen from the sheer absurdity of what he was hearing; the vial of blood fell from one hand, the other reached out to steady himself on the lab bench.[break][break]

Luckily, Proteus had been watching attentively, acutely attuned to his trainer's emotional wellbeing. The SLOWKING knew something was wrong. It used its PSYCHIC powers to halt the vial in midair before it could shatter on the ground below, placing it gently onto the counter near where Gideon's hand gripped the edge.[break][break]

"No, there has to be a mistake. It's not possible." [break][break]

She'd been a student at the university. Attended the Winter Masquerade as a charitable donor. Laughed and carried on with both of them on their double date.[break][break]

And so much more. All at once, every memory of flashed in his mind's eye. The professor tried to parse out hints of the truth — evidence that he hadn't been taken for a damned, ridiculous fool.[break][break]

"Damn it..." He breathed out, shaking his head.[break][break]

Denial came and went. As the seconds drew longer, 's stark revelation became more and more plausible in Gideon's mind. Where devastation wore lines into his face, outrage soon deepened them. [break][break]

ROCKET. She was a fucking ROCKET. He'd almost died because of ROCKET, and now — [break][break]

Now, the woman he'd come to truly care for and depend on turned out to be a terrorist.[break][break]

wished she'd been dead. It would have been better than the truth.[break][break]

"I... I need time to process this." [break][break]

He couldn't stay here. Didn't want to talk anymore. Specifics were useless right now, when faced with such an overwhelming turn of events. He needed to leave.[break][break]

He needed a drink.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
BURDENS [M]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 6:16:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: