POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 12:48:19 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]
[attr="class","leftbody"]
[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","cp cp-target-o"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

His Sigilyph fluttered aimlessly above the water as Paxton frantically chased the damn Cramoeant for his ring. It'd been a particularly bad day. The bad fight with came back to haunt him, and the sickening guilty flashbacks that were fading fast from Galar followed. He'd fallen out of bed breathing hard and sweating. All he had left was that ring, and some stupid bird had fought him for it- snapping the chain off entirely. So much for experiencing the rich history of Cramorant fishing. [break][break]

Paxton's partner had worked fast at least, smacking the bird in an attempt to retrieve the chain but the damn thing had only chosen to take the cowards way out. [break][break]

Now Paxton stood there, panicked and staring at the water with a fishing net far too small to catch such a huge bird. Even if the memories of Galar fade, that ring is a thread that tethers him to the mass hallucination. Even if he forgot everything else, he grew desperate at the thought of losing that ring. A simple platinum band with an engraving and a date. "Get ready, don't let that bird brain escape." He said before his partner whined and he corrected himself, "sorry Im just- anxious-" he said, eyes darting around.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","title"]tldr;

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | mission [break]

[attr="class","credits"]
[attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".topaz"] --accent:#D49837; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 15:40:51 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Is that you, Concordas?"[break][break]

Gunner stood a few yards away, drawn to the spectacle of Cramorant fishing. He hadn't expected to find Paxton there, however, partnered up with some random stranger who'd also signed up for the event.[break][break]

"You look like your life's flashed before your eyes," Gunner observed. He approached the pair, hands tucked loosely in his pockets. "Did the bird fly away or something?"[break][break]

He glanced at the water where one such Cramorant swum just out of reach. Suspicious.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,684 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 2:32:22 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

He perks up hearing his name. "Graves!" he calls out, flashing a quick smile despite the persevering grimace. "Oh- uh- yeah." Fuckin' bird. he doesn't add since its unhelpful and unprofessional. [break][break]

"Kind of. I'd rather get it back than try to wait for that bird to shit it back out." he said, glaring at the Cramorant that floated almost thoughtlessly on t he soft waves. [break][break]

"I- You know Galar? I cameo out of it, yeah, and I had this ring on my finger. I still want it back." The trinket was about the only thing that really proved they'd all gone through the joint hallucination together. And he'd been pretty happy there. Until the very end, where one huge fuck p destroyed his family. [break][break]

"You know wouldn't know anything about charming birds, would you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ | mission [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]

[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 17:46:22 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"It"? Gunner wondered. But before he could ask what Paxton meant, the other man explained that the Cramorant had snatched a ring that was important to him. A ring from Galar.[break][break]

Absently, Gunner spun the silver ring he'd brought back from the dreamlike Galar around his finger. He wore it often on the index finger of his left hand. "I don't blame you. That sort of thing is priceless, right?" he said.[break][break]

He palmed a Pokéball and released its resident into the water. His Raichu emerged in a flash of light, rubbing at her cheeks with dainty paws.[break][break]

"I don't know a thing about charming birds, but I bet Enid here could get it back for you."[break][break]

At the sound of her name, she perked up and made a noise of affirmation. Then, without waiting for Gunner to give her commands, she SURFED out toward the Cramorant. It spotted her right away and started to flap its wings nervously.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,684 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 1:33:19 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"More than you know." he said wit ha frustrated sigh. He felt the anxiety in the pit of his stomach, a cold unease. Even if it was a dream, it'd be a blow to his psyche to lose this. [break][break]

"Anything, just don't let it get away." he said, frown deepening as he pulled out his own pokeball. The SURF goes off and his Sigilyph flies in closer to keep the Cramorant from running off, dropping to intercept when it tries to. [break][break]

They blast it with CONFUSION to keep it from flying away. Despite the tension, and the white knuckle desperation that threatened to send the man into the water himself to throttle the bird, he forces himself calm. Paxton lets out a measured breath before glancing at his companion. "Wat- erm, what brings you out here? Takin up fishing took?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 18:13:47 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Between Paxton's Sigilyph and Gunner's Raichu, the Cramorant had nowhere to go. Enid wrangled the bird and shocked it until it spat the ring out. She scooped up the small object with the wide part of her tail, then SURFED back to shore and offered it to Paxton.[break][break]

"Thanks, Enid," Gunner said, scratching her behind the ears. She squealed with delight before showering both men with saltwater in a furious wet-dog shake. Her trainer sighed, then turned to his friend.[break][break]

"No, nothing like that. I just saw the crowd and wanted to know what was going on." He tilted his head at the retrieved ring. "So that ring… What does it symbolize? Do you remember how you got it?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,684 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 0:20:22 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

Paxton grins in relief as he sees the Cramorant choke out the ring and Enid catch it. His Sigilyph floats over after the Raichu, fluttering their wings away when the electric types gives a wet shake of its fur. Paxton lets out a laugh, lifting his arms to cover his face. "Cheeky aren't you Enid?" he asked as he took the ring and dried it on his shirt before quickly putting it on. It fits perfectly, strangely enough. [break][break]

"Oh, well, I uh- I like things like fishing. Figured I'd try it out. Then the bird brain snapped my ring off my chain while I was trying to lure it closer to shore." Served him right he supposed. [break][break]

He checks the ring in the sun, now worn for security. No scratches, no nicks. It's pristine, part of that otherworldly quality he supposed. "It's my wedding band." he admitted, a little sheepish. [break][break]

"Some...some of the details escape me, but I'd gotten married. I had- I had a daughter, I think." he's soft, nostalgic. The memories are faded and fuzzy but the gist of it is still there. His work. His family. His . [break][break]

Even if the memory is bittersweet. [break][break]

"I married someone from this world in that, and- well, I can't possibly tell them about it. But I can't get rid of this thing, neither." he added with a quick shrug. [break][break]

The forlorn look is gone as soon as he drops his hand to the side, though the paranoia of loss is still there in the tremor of his hand and how it curls into a protective fist. "What about you? Bring back any souvenirs form Galar?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 12:13:43 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner could not help but blink in astonishment. For the entire time he'd known , he hadn't imagined the man to be anything but a workaholic like him. That there was a version of Paxton that could get married to someone other than his career was not something Gunner had considered.[break][break]

And if it happened in the memory of Galar, he didn't remember any of it. Not Paxton mentioning it, not an invitation to any wedding—nothing.[break][break]

On top of that, Paxton mentioned a daughter. The fondness in his tone and the forlorn nostalgia that crept into his face were uncomfortable for Gunner to witness. He felt like he was intruding on a private moment.[break][break]

He looked away. "I see." He didn't know what else to say. "I'm glad we were able to get the ring back, then."[break][break]

At Paxton's question, Gunner lifted his left hand to look at the ring on his index finger.[break][break]

"I have a ring, too. It's not a wedding band," I think, "but I feel like someone important gave it to me." He frowned. "I can't remember their name or face, though. Whenever I try, I just feel like I'm grasping at shadows."[break][break]

He dropped his hand to his side and shrugged.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,684 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 0:46:08 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"It's a massive relief." he spins the band, feeling the engravings on the silver metal before taking a deep breath and beginning to wring out the wet parts of his clothes on shore. He takes an interest in Gunner's out Galarian artifact. Joint hallucination or not, it's funny they all still had little relics. Like a material manifestation of the depth of emotion they'd all jointly felt fighting for their lives and creating new ones too. [break][break]

"It's like that for me, for the most part." he said offering a sad smile. "I only remember the people from here." of course the man he'd married. A copy- or well mirage of the real thing. But still, someone firmly planted in this existence and not the equivalent of sentient dream mist.

And then . He wondered if they remembered anything. He hadn't seen him since. And he forgot if he'd ever told him they'd had an affair together. He doubted he told dream! Luci, too ashamed of what he'd done to even be honest about it. [break][break]

"It's kind of a shame." he said, copying the shrug and looking up at his pokemon at the Sigilyph glided over to him. He put a hand on colorful feathers, carefully petting the dual type. [break][break]

"Would you believe me if I told you that's the first dream I've had in a while?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 15:26:07 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

A shame?[break][break]

Gunner thought back to what he remembered of his own experience. There had been wonderful days full of love and laughter, but there had been dreadful days as well—not just full of war, but of heartache and loss, too.[break][break]

He remembered the distinct relief he'd felt seeing 's face again. A life without her had been nearly unbearable, the distractions of friendship and family a temporary balm during the daylight hours. The loneliness of night had been a different matter entirely.[break][break]

"I'd believe it," Gunner said instead. "I don't remember my dreams very often, either. Gideon says it's because I work too much."[break][break]

Excited yelling and laughter drew his attention to a crowd of nearby festivalgoers. Their Cramorant had caught some Goldeen, prize catches of the day.[break][break]

Gunner turned back to Paxton, filled with a sudden urge to change the topic of conversation to something less heavy with emotion. "If you're done fishing, do you want to grab a drink?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,684 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 1:59:40 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

He laughed before nodding at him. "I'd figured I was the same. Galar, I guess, was just unnatural." Real at least but...for what purpose. "It's weird. They could've killed us like that, but didn't. What the hell were those beasts up to?" he asked out loud. [break][break]

Search for the dogs and the leftover beasts of ruin had been...short. Not a whole lot of leads in regards to them. [break][break]

He breaks out of his thoughts, eyes going to the Cramorant fishing out its prize. "Their jaws as big as a Pelipper's." he said, amazed before turning back to Gunner. "Sure, need a cold one after all that adrenaline rush." [break][break]

He starts to put on his shoes again while his partner flaps their wings near his feet to help them dry faster. Paxton thanks them before standing back up and patting himself down. "Right, haven't lost anything else. Let me treat my hero fer saving me back there."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,929 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Duck hunt [m]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 5:38:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven