Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Small Step Towards That Dream [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 0:44:40 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The trek up to Meteor Falls from Rustboro wasn't actually that bad, as long as you took certain hiking trails and avoided the overpriced snack food at the various rest stops placed along the path there. This was the sort of skill that one only got after reading the receipt for two bags of chips from one of those stops.

Sure, Howard could simply ask Elise if she wanted to spend 15 PD on trail mix, but Howard's dignity was still clinging on. It was bruised, bleeding, and in the fetal position, but it still lived. Most impressive was that it still breathed after having Rusturf Tunnel dropped on it.

"The Draconid people, Howard said as he leaned on his walking stick for a moment, "is one of Hoenn's most famous ethnic groups. It's definitely the most well-known nowadays, given their god was seen recently. Even moreso, as their greatest construct can be seen from Sootopolis on a clear day."

Grimacing for a second, Howard amended. "At least, you could, before the real estate was all bought up by terrorists." Yeah, such terrorists as the one currently leading Elise towards Meteor Falls. The area towered over the two, though an entrance was only a handful of meters away.

"If you did your reading, you'll know why we're here today, instead of relaxing in my apartment or office at Rustboro University." It wasn't actually his office, but Howard wasn't going to look like a complete failure in front of someone in line to the Galarian throne. "So, Elise, why are we at Meteor Falls?"

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 1:21:58 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Meteor Falls was right near Rustboro City that it was the ancestral home of the Draconids, so the royal ambassador had taken the time out to clear out a day where Howard could take her there for some teaching over the Draconid tribe itself. They had both stopped by a rest stop on the way there where her archaeology teacher holds a receipt for two bags of chips. She listens to the man give a small description over the Draconid tribe’s fame and the construct being seen in Sootopolis before the estate was brought up by terrorists.[break][break]

Evidently, she did do the reading that he asked her to last time since the curriculum he gave to her was of the Draconid variety, much like how Remiel was studying much into the famed ethnic group of Hoenn. “I would assume we are doing a field study of the Draconids’ ancestral home rather than being at your office.” She answered Howard’s question or at least she’d get what they were doing out in the field than to be at his office in Rustboro.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 1:42:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Ding ding! Good. Ten Howard Points to you." Howard pointed a finger at Elise as he said it. What were Howard Points? Something terrible, most likely. He couldn't buy her anything, so it was only rational to assume that Howard Points couldn't be used on anything either. He'd work on it.

They quickly entered the cave. Despite being partially inside a mountain, there was enough natural light from holes in the ceiling, installed flood lights, and the light of day still being on their side. Howard still packed flashlights, to be prepared. If anything, he had overprepared. As mentioned prior, he wasn't going to lose his dignity in front of royalty. That royalty was also related to another famous archaeologist. If it got to Remiel that Howard had treated his cousin poorly on a dig or expedition, his life was over.

Remiel's next paper danced before Howard's eyes:

THE ANALYSIS AND DISSECTION OF GALARIAN ROYALTY AND DRACONID HISTORICAL SITES, ALONG WITH WHY HOWARD SLAYTE IS AS STUPID AS A 150,000 YEAR OLD NEANDERTHAL

Joy. Howard couldn't wait to read that one from inside of his cardboard box.

"The Draconids were excellent astronomers, and charted the seas and skies of Hoenn alongside several other indiginous groups. I would argue that the Draconids did best at charting star movements and air currents. This was seen as a form of worship to their god. We don't have any concrete evidence of Draconid sea charts, but given that the Sky Pillar is on a remote island, they likely faired pretty well."

Howard said as he munched on the overpriced chips he had bought earlier. He offered the other bag to Elise as Howard's Carbink's ball opened, and Gemsly popped out. With a gesture from Howard, it floated on ahead.

"Do, miss princess, did you enjoy the chapter on The Lexicon of Heaven and Air that I highlighted for you? The one on basic syntax and wording?

Note: The Lexicon of Heaven and Air is an old transcription of the Draconid alphabet, complete with words and translations. Feel free to bullshit as you see fit.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 18:36:31 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Her answer was correct as they wouldn’t need to be holed up in his office if they could do some field work first to get a feel on how Howard did his archaeological research. She listens to the little lecture given by her archaeology mentor where he describes the tribe being excellent astronomers. As the guy went on, she takes the other bag of overpriced chip offered to her and opens it to munch on a handful of chips. Soon after the Carbink pops out from one of the man’s Pokeballs, her shiny Eevee breaks out to look around the outskirts from the way to Meteor Falls.[break][break]

Turning to Howard when he asks if she enjoyed the highlighted chapter, the female royal gives him a little nod. “I did enjoy the chapter from the Lexicon of Heaven and Air and poured over it thoroughly in late night readings.” The material itself was a bit more interesting than what the textbooks at the Slatport university would show on the Draconids themselves.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 22:17:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Really?" Howard's eye blinked, surprised. He didn't expect Elise to actually enjoy the reading, or even to finish it. Maybe he had underestimated her, or maybe she was into the same readings that he was. Most would rather watch paint dry rather than sit through a few chapters of the Lexicon.

"That's good. Your cousin has likely read it as well, even if he doesn't speak the language. With their god helping with that meteorite, the Draconids have gotten pretty popular."

Ah yes, the meteor that almost destroyed Hoenn. Stopping a natural disaster was pretty good for Draconid PR. The two ended up in a clearing within Meteor Falls, perfectly circular. Looking up would reveal the sky.

"How's the cousin doing?" Howard asked, sitting down. They'd wait here for a little while, until Howard could show what he wanted to show. "I haven't seen him in a while."

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,303 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 5:23:21 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calcifet elise"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimages"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
The holy sword only protects the king,[break]
It is the king's power that protects the country.

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

The surprised look from the archaeologist gets the diplomat to chuckle a little. Remiel had likely read something similar from his research as an archaeologist and she wanted to show him that she too can learn more about the Draconids like he’s doing. Learning about another culture that existed in the ancient age of the Hoenn region was just as exciting as hearing about it in history lectures at Slateport University.[break][break]

“I don’t doubt that Remiel had read it already, he’s been studying it longer than I started to read the lexicon. That book was a really enjoyable read though.” A small smile came from her reply. The crown prince really took what he had been shown through his father, her late uncle, and raised his own dragons to be much like how the king’s dragon clan trained theirs.[break][break]

And when Howard asks how Remiel was doing, the ambassador replies with a little nod. “He is doing well for himself. Remy’s content to leave the affairs of Galar to me now, so…he’s always talking about going on the next excavation on every site he gets to dig in Hoenn’s ruins.”

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[break][break]

[break]
♔ notes here

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent: #D0BDF0!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet"]--bg: #222; --accent: #D0BDF0; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet b"]font: 500 12px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet b"]font: 500 12px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .topimages"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: none; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#fff; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifet .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".calcifet .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .calcifet .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .calcifet .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .calcifet .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calcifet .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".calcifet .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".calcifet:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights