shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: THE BORDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

MT. PYRE[break]✥ THE BORDER

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055281670649032755/bambooba.mp3[/player][break]
Northern Province - Area 2 (Riding) - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
[break]

THE BORDER IS A MOUNTAINOUS PURGATORY OF MUTED SEPIA SMOKE. By floating islands, translucent bridges soar through the realm toward the heavens. Tall stone spires jut out from the spiritual mist. In the sky, the wisps of spirits can be seen heading toward their final destination before the afterlife...[break][break]

Curiously, there are four broken seals embedded in four mountains. Though Adrian Malcolm and YVELTAL may have seen their location upon their unceremonious entry, the spirit realm has shifted since their last visit, rendering each broken seal far apart from each other.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 07 offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.
  • 12 use the move 'infernal parade' or 'last respects'.
  • 14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini (we're doing moltres).
  • 31 encounter spiritual bridges that are slowly breaking apart, as if they are being stretched...
  • 🗺️ utilize a mythical pokemon in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE BORDER: BE
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 1:20:48 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I always get so uneasy here," Elisabeth said, her words briefly fogging the uncharacteristically wintry air. She rode astride a newly-saddled Glastrier, which gleamed as its icy hooves stepped through sepia-toned smoke. "It's unnatural for souls to wander between the living and the dead."[break][break]

She preferred black-and-white certainties, and the world saw fit to deny even the one great equalizer of death to her now.[break][break]

A glance over her shoulder caught sight of , seeing how he fared in this liminal space, before she turned her emerald eyes back in front of her. Peculiar bridges that swayed back and forth between islands swathed in mist left her uneasy, and wondering how long she could ride her chosen steed before its weight might prove a risk in their travels.[break][break]

One heavy hoofbeat would surely be enough to make those bridges crumble back into dust.[break][break]

"Have you been here before?" she asked instead of commenting on that thought, her mind drifting back to the Moltres that had threatened her that first night she'd wandered here.[break][break]

A hesitance characterized her question, suggesting she already suspected the answer.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]
31 encounter spiritual bridges that are slowly breaking apart, as if they are being stretched...

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 0:56:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Once or twice." The admin replied, readjusting slightly in his seat.[break][break]

Saddle bags hung on either side of his SPECTRIER's flank, just behind where sat poised in the saddle. He'd prepared supplies for what he assumed would be an arduous journey. [break][break]

Nothing at The Border was what it seemed. Spirits traveled here, some lost, some on their way, some stuck with no exit. They needed to be ready for anything.[break][break]

"I never know what to expect when coming here. Last time we fought the spirit of Chien-Pao..." Was it the very same one that had chosen as its vessel?[break][break]

Barnaby urged his steed onward, taking the first step over the rickety bridge. It groaned under their wait — but held. For now. It seemed safe enough, so he waved over. [break][break]

In the meantime, SPECTRIER used its PHANTOM FORCE to teleport them safely to the other side.

[break][break]

[break]
🗺️ utilize a mythical pokemon in an advantageous way

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 6:28:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Slowly but surely, her Glastrier's ice-wreathed hooves gingerly made their way across the rickety bridge. Elisabeth kept her eyes on across the way, fighting back the panic that swelled up inside of her whenever her emerald eyes caught sight of the abyss below.[break][break]

You're safe, she reminded herself as the end of the narrow path came into view. He wouldn't let you fall.[break][break]

"I hope we never have to do that again," she exhaled, appearing a ghastly shade of white that matched her white stallion in its pallor. Her hand didn't stop its trembling despite her attempts to keep her voice level and expression neutral. "Thank you," was whispered quietly as the Glastrier trotted up to his Spectrier's side, keeping pace with the admin.[break][break]

It reassured her, being here with him.[break][break]

"I encountered Wo-chien here, once, before my Avatarship. Never Chien-Pao, though," she replied to his earlier thought, and saying the name of those entities brought the bitter taste of jubokko leaves to mind. She frowned. "I think... spirits that linger here are discontent, in some way. Or else they'd pass on elsewhere."[break][break]

A fog-wreathed river snaked into view, too vast for their horses to cross. Seeing a Gimmighoul ferryman lingering on the coast, Elisabeth calculated a thought silently before procuring some coins in her hand. She tossed one lightly, letting it wink in the dim light, before she turned to Barnaby.[break][break]

"I'm going to try something," she resolved, dismounting her steed to offer payment to the Gimmighoul for safe passage across the water.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]
07 offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 0:56:08 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Paying the ferryman, are we?"[break][break]

Immediately, was distrustful of the notion. They were putting their wellbeing in the hands of this strange creature — what if it were a trick to get them stranded in the middle of this immense river?[break][break]

What if it wanted to drown them there and add theirs souls to its collection?[break][break]

"Alright. I trust your judgement."[break][break]

But in the back of his mind Barnaby was already formulating contingency plans. Some sort of Flying-type would likely help him escape in a pinch.[break][break]

And so they boarded the small boat — after returning their steeds, of course. As they pushed off into the unknown, Barnaby picked up their previous conversation.[break][break]

"Was the Wo-Chien here as interested in you as the one that approached you in Hoenn?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 0:34:27 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The small space barely afforded them each room to reside in the tiny vessel, forcing them to recall their Pokemon as they boarded. Elisabeth wrapped her arms around herself, watching as the river's fog parted before the boat's proud bow to delve deeper into the unknown.[break][break]

"I'm not sure if they're the same, or different," she admitted, meeting his cobalt blue gaze evenly. "I mostly remember the way it struck a certain fear in me when we locked eyes. The kind of prey facing its natural predator, if that makes sense."[break][break]

It felt like an absurd thing to confess, and she forced a little laugh, hoping to break the tension. Self-consciously, she pushed back a strand of golden hair behind her ear.[break][break]

"What of you? How did it feel to encounter Chien-Pao? Was it like the day that it claimed ?"[break][break]

The avian shadow passing over them went unnoticed by her at first, shrouded as it was in the thick expanse of white.
[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 2:37:13 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The way they glided over the translucent river would have been surprisingly peaceful, if not for the departed souls trapped just beneath the surface. Thousands of eyes watched their passing.[break][break]

"Mmm. So not much different than the living beast, then." remembered well its evil, ochre stare.[break][break]

When Elisa probed with her own questions, he met her gaze with a slightly downcast expression. Neither encounter with CHIEN-PAO was a fond memory.[break][break]

"Not as eventful, no, though I do recall being chided by Cillian. That was almost scarier than the apparition itself." was not one to play with when angry.[break][break]

Their conversation naturally waned as they made it to the opposite shore. After exiting the vessel — with Barnaby offering a hand to Elisabeth as they did so — the ferryman immediately departed, likely looking for its next wayward travelers.[break][break]

They'd barely catch their footing before another spirit came to wreak havoc. Suddenly, the avian shadow the two had missed before flew low overhead, casting them in a cold, dark pallor. [break][break]

MOLTRES. Ephemeral in this form, but just as angry when provoked.[break][break]

"It's here—!" Inaction would spell doom for them both. To die here would mean to spend eternity in limbo. That wasn't an option.[break][break]

Swiftly, Barnaby released his TYPHLOSION onto the field.

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 3:21:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The touch of his hand as they disembarked lasted for but a moment as the shadow of MOLTRES passed over them both, and despite the warmth that suffused the air, a chill rippled down her spine at the sight.[break][break]

An unwanted memory of a Galarian Moltres meeting cobalt blue eyes with its own flashed in her mind, and she turned to see already responding with a TYPHLOSION on the field.[break][break]

Her NIHILEGO soon joined it, summoning a resounding bolt of THUNDER in this strange, ethereal sky to strike at the legendary beast.[break][break]

"Is it seeking you?" she asked without thinking, turning to the admin with her anxiety writ plain on her features. "Is... That is, does it want...?"[break][break]

You?[break][break]

Before her clumsy speech could continue, a FLAMETHROWER from the fierce avian drowned out any and all protests she might have spoken.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini (we're doing moltres).
[attr="class","pkmn"]

TSN8wxE6
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 15:47:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The spirit of MOLTRES flared hot reds and oranges, screaming in outrage at this mortal invasion. A powerful HEAT WAVE exuded from its ephemeral essence, fanning the surrounding area to a blistering degree.[break][break]

Doubtful.” Barnaby shouted over the battle, directing his TYPHLOSION to engage with an INFERNAL PARADE.[break][break]

It’s a ghost, Elisabeth. Nothing more.”[break][break]

Likely driven mad in this liminal space between life and death. Not allowed to move on to the next leg of its journey.

[break][break]

12 use the move 'infernal parade' or 'last respects'

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 4:50:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Ah, a ghost. Of course. The Border was nothing but a place for the dissatisfied dead to struggle to return to the living.[break][break]

When Elisabeth's gaze locked onto the Moltres this time, hazy like a desert mirage of ash and flame, she saw the truth of Barnaby's claim. Relief gripped her, though she couldn't explain exactly why.[break][break]

It just meant he was safe from the clutches of a jealous god for now, that was all.[break][break]

"Then let's complete their journey to the afterlife for them," she said, turning to Barnaby with a laugh that released the tension in her shoulders.[break][break]

A ROCK TOMB from her Nihilego moved to bury the legendary figure in a stony enclosure. Elisabeth jumped out of the way as the boulders shuddered into motion, seeking to pin the bird in place.[break][break]

Leaving a perfect moment to strike while the Moltres was otherwise occupied.[break][break]

5w_cF2K3

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini (we're doing moltres).
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 2:29:19 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The MOLTRES' screams were smothered under stone and rock and spectral fire, snuffed out for an unknown span of time. Its spirit would likely manifest again somewhere else within the Border, still just as outraged and angry, still just as lost.[break][break]

Would it ever find peace?[break][break]

As embers faded into the misty landscape, Barnaby turned back to with an appreciative look and gestured for them to continue onward.[break][break]

Still, even as the tension of battled eased away, the fury in the phantom MOLTRES' eyes lingered in 's mind.[break][break][break]

GhKrWL_O

[break][break]

12 use the move 'infernal parade' or 'last respects'

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]