awards
1,639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Tag-gressive Dragons [GYM]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 22:23:53 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
What stood out about the Lilycove Gym, other than its humble beginnings of being a former warehouse, was that it offered a unique tag battle option that was the namesake for its badge. Andrea was glad to hear that had learned the value of teamwork and bonds after challenging her Gym almost a year ago. This time, she was the challenger, bringing along a friend.

"Thanks for doing this with me, Josh." The young PokéManiac thanked the aforementioned friend. "I thought that, since you're already challenging the Elite Four, you wouldn't be interested in collecting badges anymore." She pointed out.

Andrea was once again wearing her Sygna Suit, but her friend may have noticed that it had been modified since last time. The design was now slicker and more fashionable. Some sections had been cut out, leaving her legs and cleavage tastefully exposed. Tastefully. Though, with Andrea, seeing any amount of exposed skin was a rare sight.

Her shiny Hydreigon, Chomper, hovered next to the draconic cosplayer, looking almost like her spitting image. Her Salamence, Sora, also walked alongside her. She knew that Josh was a strong trainer in his own right, so Andrea had brought along two of her most ferocious dragons in order to match his strength.
, //traditional 4v4 doubles
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 6:55:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
A fierce wind would surround , and one she might be familiar with. It came with the distinct sound of wings pounding the air and churning said wind. Only one dragon-type was capable of such a feat, that being a Flygon. If she were to glance toward the source, she would see a distinct saddle and bridle on the insect-like Pokémon. Sitting upon it was Josh, though he would not be dressed in his Sygna Suit; he would instead be wearing casual attire with striking yellows and purples, his hair standing on end. Anyone's would after Flygon vibration coursed through them!

As Josh slid down from his dragon, a second landed near the duo: a scowling, competitive-looking Dragonite whose wings fluttered like a small bird's: fast enough to be a blur, but not quite so fast to make noise. "My purpose isn't to collect Badges. One of the responsibilities of a Champion is to help evaluate and improve the existing Gyms of Hoenn. That was my purpose behind challenging your Gym," he clarified with a sly smile on his face. "How's it been? Think it's something you'd like to do full-time?"

Seeing Andrea's two Pokémon as they had agreed, Josh was happy she had held up her half of the bargain. He didn't. "I would have brought Kokusho and Yosei to match your Pokémon, but my Salamence is still lethargic after the whole Aleph thing. I did tell you about my Type: Null, right?"

{WC: 247}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Tiamat          Dragonite         Good   
Verte           Flygon            Good  

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 18:47:07 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

He sorted through his roster, looking for the choices he’d take along for this particular match. Mallow, preferring to be outside of her ball so that she could huddle beside the heater in the corner of his office (regardless of the fact that her large, feathery wings crowded the space,) was a natural choice. This was a match he looked forward to– it wasn’t often that he was challenged by his gym peers, and the support of taking on one another’s gyms was kinda nice.[break][break]

“C’mon, then,” he called as he headed out to meet the challengers before they had to wait too long for his arrival. Granted it was fine, because it gave them the chance to catch up a bit. With a pleased coo, the altaria followed, rustling wings nice and toasty.[break][break]

“Hey, guys!” Lam called out, hand raising in a wave as he jogged over to the waiting pair as they chatted. “Glad to see some familiar faces today. Hope you don’t give me too much of a run for my money.” He laughed easily, and his altaria trilled a greeting of her own over his shoulder. Mallow would be a familiar one to Josh, having been Lam’s companion at the Mauville gym. She eyed the other dragons curiously, eyes blinking in an almost owlish manner.[break][break]

“It’s kinda cold out,” he said with a shrug as he gestured to the other two gym leaders in the direction of the double doors that lead out of the lobby proper. “But I’ll still give you the choice of whether you’d like to use the indoor pitch or the oceanside one.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- wahoo![break]
- i will bring…also a couple dragons uwu

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 9:45:27 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“Look at you already doing a Champion’s work!” The minor Gym Leader remarked with admiration. Despite his flaws, one thing nobody could dispute was that Josh worked his butt off. “As for me, I’m good staying in the minor league.” She had already given her reasons why she didn’t want to get promoted. Reopening that can of worms would just dampen the mood.

The young racer’s explanation of why his Salamence could not attend elicited a confused look from the dragon fanatic. “Aleph? Your Type: Null? What happened with them?” Her best guess was some kind of training accident. She knew first hand how rowdy those Megalopolan-made chimeras could be.

Soon, the Gym Leader greeted them with a super fluffy dragon in tow. “Wow, your Altaria is sooo cute~! Glad to see you too, Lam!” Andrea waved back at him, bouncing with joy. Boing boing. Okay, that was too much bouncing, let’s stop.

Lam had a point. It was cold outside, baby. Seriously, if it got any colder, they might have to whip out their SNOWBOARDS. Even so, the advantages of an outdoor battle could not be overlooked. “If we battle outside, our Pokémon can go all out. What do you think we should do, Josh?” Andrea turned towards her friend.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 20:32:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The first Pokémon of Lam's that Josh's eyes shifted toward was Mallow, the Altaria he had used to challenge Squall and other dragons of his to a dizzying contest of speed at Mauville Gym's LOOP CROSS. "Hey there, Mallow! Long time!" he would greet the Altaria, gently bopping his snout if he allowed it.

"Against two of the finest dragon trainers in Hoenn? This will be over faster than you can say Thunderbolt!" the enthusiastic Gym Leader taunted. Josh wasn't so much a dragon trainer as he loved Pokémon that were fast. Dragons just happened to be high on the list, only flying, fire, and electric-types having higher median top speed.

Without going into too many details that would drag down Andrea's morale, Josh would offer a simple answer. "Yosei was one of the eighteen Pokémon used to create Aleph. He's still not fully well after that. I can tell you more after. For now, let's focus on the match."

Josh was used to the cold from having lived most of his life away from the tropics. "Goldenrod gets snow three months out of the year," he answered Andrea before turning back to Lam. "Besides, Tiamat and Verte here... might shatter some windows if they went all out at the indoor arena." As to demonstrate, the Dragonite's wings hummed briefly, as though she were about to disappear into Extreme Speed.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 17:40:38 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Thanks! She likes to preen, so she'll be glad to hear it just as much." As if on cue, Mallow rustled her wings prettily, as if to acknowledge Andrea's compliment before she greeted Josh merrily, letting her head dip toward his offered hand with a pleased trill.[break][break]

Lam, meanwhile, met the claim with a laugh. "We'll see about that!" he replied with a playful wink. "Who knows, maybe I've got some tricks up my sleeve." It was all playful banter, of course. In truth, he wasn't as proficient of a dragon-trainer, despite his longterm companionship with Mallow. But she was more birdlike than draconid in behavior, more often than not.[break][break]

He only vaguely followed the deviation toward what they'd been discussing beforehand, mellow as he waited for them to decide which pitch they'd prefer. And it was a good thing he'd carried his jacket along with him. "Bracing against the cold, it is!" He pulled his arms through the sleeves of the coat as he made his way toward the side doors that lead down to the sandy turf.[break][break]

"Alright, big dragons, and no holds barred!" Lam rubbed his hands together as he peeled away to take his place on the opposite side of the center circle. Mallow took her own place there, waiting for Lam to send out her first match partner. Not a traditional dragon, but a behemoth in her own right, Lam's feraligatr appeared in a bright beam of light.[break][break]

A low rumble of determination growled in the back of her throat. "Ready when you are!"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- wahoo![break]
- first round of moves goes to you!

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 14:58:05 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
After pleasantries were exchanged between the leader and the challengers, the group opted to have their bout outside. Dragons might have hated the cold, but there was nothing quite like an outdoor battle to get the blood pumping!

Once they had made it to the oceanside arena, Lam sent out his determined, blue alligator. While not a dragon, it was a reptile capable of learning Dragon-type moves, making them a formidable first opponent alongside Mallow the Altaria.

"Guess we're going first!" Said Andrea. "Chomper, are you OK with letting Sora take the lead?" Her shiny Hydreigon bellowed in response, taking the sidelines. His time to shine (pun not intended) would come later.

"Now, Sora, show them your beautiful Dragon Dance!" The young cosplayer ordered, as her Salamence gracefully danced in the air, getting enveloped in an aura of draconic energy.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 9:02:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
True to his name, Josh wanted to get the battle going. He was familiar with Mallow's capabilities, having raced against Lam fiercely with Squall. That race was more of a case of the course winning, the Altaria barely having the strength to fly upside down for so long. Battle could well be different.

"Giving me the speed advantage could be a mistake, Lam," he taunted, pointing for Tiamat to be the first to enter the Lilycove Leader's open-air battle court. Her wings flapping at the speeds a small bird could get to, the orange dragon covered for her partner's Pokémon, trying to keep the aquatic lizard occupied by diving into it in a fierce BODY SLAM.

{WC: 117}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 21:52:52 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Expectantly, Lam waited for those first moves to be made. His altaria's feathers ruffled, fluffing against the chill. And then lam took a similar approach to Andrea - rather than make an attack off the bat, he withdrew a tera orb from his pocket. The salamence wove through the air, gaining speed as Mallow allowed herself to be engulfed in bright, cherry-blossom pink light. She reemerged, coated in that telltale fairy-terastal gleam; an added buffer to keep her secure.[break][break]
"Not if they knew how to dodge!" It was a bluff more than anything else. While Mallow might've been quick, the lumbering feraligatr was another story. Pepper was all brute force, though, and undaunted as the dragonite surged toward her.[break][break]
Already at home in the cold weather, her arms began to glow as icy frost shored up her claws. A bellow erupted from her as she braced for the brunt of the BODY SLAM, hind feet skidding back with the impact. But the feraligatr then used the close range to her advantage. Both fists swung out, bringing down a volley of furious ICE PUNCHES at Tiamat's belly.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- feraligatr uses ice punch on dragonite[break]
- altaria terastalizes into fairy type!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 23:50:42 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Master of Faster lived up to his name by having his Dragonite deliver the first actual blow of the fight, but it would take a lot more than a body slam to bring that feral alligator down, it seemed. Andrea trusted that they could handle this. "Leave the Altaria to us!" She hollered at her tag partner.

That pink, ephemeral aura was a sign that the cloudy dragon had Terastallized. "Dragon moves aren't gonna be as effective now that she's changed type! Fly sky-high, Sora!" The young PokéManiac ordered her boosted Salamence, who soared upwards, before attempting to crash down on Lam's Altaria.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 17:52:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"You got it!"

The amphibian was tough, as expected. What Lam may not have been aware of is that Feraligatr, if trained to fight on all fours, were incredibly fast. It was a reason Josh wanted one; they were both good swimmers and good runners. Even so, the water-type's strength and toughness were not to be trifled with.

Seeing Pepper wind up for an ICE PUNCH, Josh reached for his TERA ORB. At the same time the cold fists connected, a pyramid of chrome-colored crystals shielded Tiamat from being instantly knocked out. Even so, the CRITICAL HIT formed a lot of frost on the Dragonite's now-metallic body.

With how dangerous Lam's Pokémon was in melee, the Gym Leader felt it prudent to attain some distance from her. With powerful wing vibration that even may have been able to feel, Tiamat disappeared into an EXTREME SPEED charge, looking to slash across the foe's tough skin. Hit or no, Tiamat's primary goal was to gain that all-important distance.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 1:03:42 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

They slipped into a natural team up, each tackling an opponent Lam threw their way. That was fine–for the time being. There was no guarantee on Lam’s end that his pair would stick to a strict one-to-one method. The aim was, though, that Josh and Andrea would go with the flow of any shifting dynamic and not get held up in the process.[break][break]
Adorned in fairy terastalization, Mallow chased the salamence through the air with an added air of confidence provided by the extra buffer of her new typing. At least until the larger dragon dropped weight, crashing into her and dragging her down. The altaria trilled as she tried to slip out from under the other pokemon before she hit the pitch–her cry at close range swelling to a shrill DISARMING VOICE.[break][break]
It seemed Josh took a similar cue–Lam spotted the brandished tera orb, though he didn’t call Pepper off of her punching attack. Her hits landed, even against the now-bolstered dragonite. Her jaws opened, a low rumble from her throat rising into the air as she brandished large, powerful teeth. Tail swinging as she twisted in an attempt to follow Tiamat’s speed and snarling as claws raked across her tough, leathery hide and leaving a well of scratches in his wake.[break][break]
The feraligatr lunged forward in that same moment, though–taking the hit as her arms lifted in an attempt to snag the dragonite and hurl him to the side with hefty SUPER POWER.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- feraligatr uses super power on dragonite[break]
- altaria uses disarming voice on salamence!

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 18:05:55 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Woah!" Exclaimed Andrea in awe. The Mauville Gym Leader made the most out of the power of Terastallization. Her though? She prefered the retro, borderline primal vibes of Mega Evolution over an unknown god's blessings. "Sora, Protect yourself, and show them your true form!"

mega-salamence.gif

With a protective barrier, her Salamence shielded itself against the Altaria's powerful attack, before being encased in a cocoon of spiraling energies, coming back out in its Mega Evolved form rightfully dubbed 'the blood-soaked crescent'.

"Now the real battle's about to begin!" The trainer of dragons smiled cockily, while hiding her Mega Ring underneath her eccentric costume.
//mega duration: 1/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,936 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 17:05:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The muscular water-type's strength was an amazing sight to behold, Pepper's claws and muscles holding. Desperate to escape the Feraligatr's clutches, Tiamat continued to loudly fan her wings, sounding more like an enormous insect than a dragon as her entire body shook madly in an effort to wriggle free. It was all for naught, Lam's Pokémon flinging Tiamat to the ground with her SUPERPOWER. Another CRITICAL HIT instantly cracked her Terastal body and reopened the horrible wound she had suffered months ago. It was one Josh was certain had completely healed, but not so! "Tiamat, I'm so sorry!!" he exclaimed before turning toward . "If we lose this, Andrea, I'm taking full responsibility. I thought Tiamat had healed from that fully, and I was wrong."

Behind the eight ball already, Josh hurled his second Poké Ball toward the Feraligatr. If Lam thought Tiamat's wings were loud, the Flygon that replaced her would sound like a Teravolt concert cranked up to eleven. Verte's wings roared like a vehicle engine pushed to its limits, loosing a horrific BUG BUZZ that might rupture an eardrum or two.

{PC: 5}

Tiamat          Dragonite         KO   

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 2:48:25 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Mallow’s crystal dusted feathers best against the air as she circled the larger dragon. Her cries fell on deaf ears, so to speak, as Sora encased herself in a protective shell that glowed to life. “Woah! Hella rad!” Lam couldn’t help but exclaim as the salamence emerged in a mightier, mega form. “Hold, Mallow!” he called up to the dragon bird, one hand lifting in a stopping fist until he gave the go ahead.[break][break]

He was watching the scene on the ground first, eyeing Pepper as the croc brought down her opponent. “I wouldn’t worry about that, it’s far from over!” Lam called out with a wave of his other hand as Josh assumed fault for his team. And it was true! He wasn’t humoring the other gym leader in the least! It was just a bad day to be Tiamat, it seemed.[break][break]

The flygon burst free with a blast, though, and the feraligatr bellowed as the pitched buzzing reached her ears. Clawed feet rose to paw at her head in a paltry attempt to block out the sound. “Back to me, Pepp!” Recalling his Pokémon, he released the fist he’d been holding. “Now! Push ‘em back!” As a noivern was swapped out for the feraligatr, the altaria launched her attack.[break][break]

Wind drummed up around Mallow, shimmering pink and fierce as it whipped up into a SPRINGTIDE STORM that sought to blow them all away!

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- swaps out feraligatr, noivern is on the scene!![break]
- altaria uses springtide storm on all!

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights