saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 5:17:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he thinks back to how he had first met , and the memory brings a smile to his face, genuine as ever.[break][break]

"we battled at the hoenn star tournament two years ago. his houndoom made quick work of my snorlax which surprised me, but i should've expected as much from hoenn's champion."[break][break]

he sips, letting his mind drag back to the present as it quickly flutters through key moments, singling one out in particular.[break][break]

you two seem close, said.[break][break]

"on the island, did you use your mist on him?"

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 5:29:41 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"A friendship forged in the fires of battle. That sounds about right for you."[break][break]

Her thoughts drifted back to how much facing Kyogre had invigorated him, coming alive in the wind and the rain as he grinned at the challenge of the fight before him. She admired that part of him, even if she didn't understand it.[break][break]

Fear always gripped her before battle, but never the thrill of anticipation. Cowardice, he'd called it.[break][break]

His newest question evoked that familiar response in her, now.[break][break]

"You already know the answer of that question," she inferred, tensing as her posture straightened. She placed the bottle of wine on the floor, prepared to reach for a Pokeball should her answer result in violence.[break][break]

Lying would backfire more. Now or later, this truth was destined to come out.[break][break]

"I did. He wasn't the only one, either."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 5:34:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he does not miss the way 's demeanor changes, how she tenses as though preparing to defend herself from an attack that will never come, at least not as long as his will is still his own.[break][break]

still, there's no mistaking the way his voice dips, and for a moment the room almost seems to darken.[break][break]

"what's done is done, but..."[break][break]

he looks her in her eyes, voicing a threat unlike any other.[break][break]

"never use it on him again."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 5:44:53 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"And if I did?"[break][break]

An unreasonable stab of jealousy cut through her at his request, and a nasty glare revealed the depths of her own envious nature with a familiar ochre shimmer. She didn't possess the hypnotic stare of , but no sphere among the Ruinous Beasts was fully exclusive to itself, either.[break][break]

Grudges could be born out of envy as much as fear or hatred.[break][break]

"I used it on too," she said without thinking, spite crawling out with each word. "Should I spare her next time, as well? Who else am I to protect on your behalf, Matias? And which Rockets will you spare for me in return?"[break][break]

She had no explanation for the raw woundedness this had inspired in her; she didn't love him, no, but she keenly felt the absence of his devotion all the same.[break][break]

"We are never enough. There is always someone more deserving, isn't there? A Champion. A Savior."
[break]

"We are nothing more than a novelty to a man like him."
[break]

"Negotiations and demands aren't one and the same."

[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 5:55:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"?"[break][break]

confusion strikes him as he is caught off guard by 's strong reaction. far easier than they had rescinded, his walls rise in the only way they know how to keep him safe.[break][break]

his posture straightens as well, or at least as much as it can while still leaning back on the couch.[break][break]

"what the fuck is wrong with you? i'm asking you not to, not demanding that you don't."[break][break]

's name does not evoke as strong a reaction as it should've, long nullified by groudon's influence over him, but the remnants of the care he once felt is still there, lingering.[break][break]

"which rockets do you want me to spare? if that's what it takes, then whatever, i'll spare them. just name them."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 6:09:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

His confusion cut through her haze of emotion like a knife. A strange regret coiled inside of herself at his hurt, silenced only by the question he posed to her after.[break][break]

Giving names to him made people into targets. To admit she cared about anyone exposed a weakness in herself to him, and she bitterly resented how expertly she'd cornered herself with that line of thinking.[break][break]

"Never mind," she said dismissively, shying away as she turned her back to him. "It doesn't matter. I don't have a reason to use the mist on , anyway. Are you satisfied?"[break][break]

It was better than saying the name of aloud.

[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 7:11:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

his head shakes as he shifts on the couch, leaning over to place his glass on the table before reaching over for her arm.[break][break]

"no, it matters to me. i want to know."[break][break]

he says, moving closer to .[break][break]

"if there are people you care about in rocket, i want to know so i can spare them because the last thing i want is for you to be alone."[break][break]

because he knows just how painful it can be.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 7:22:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A hand lost itself in her long blonde hair, absently twirling a loose curl around her finger as she averted her gaze. He can't be telling the truth, she thought, not after how he'd behaved with such bellowing rage at the idea that she might love someone else.[break][break]

Which she didn't, of course. She couldn't love anyone, she reminded herself. To think otherwise would be absurd.[break][break]

"Do you mean that?" she asked, glancing over her shoulder to look at him. It startled her to see the sincerity in his eyes as he gazed back at her, and her heartbeat pounded with trepidation as he drew closer.[break][break]

"You wouldn't know him," she compromised with herself, her answer subdued and quiet. "We all look the same to you, when we go out there in our masks. But..."[break][break]

She hovered on the precipice of falling for this lie, debating on how dangerous its descent might be, before an uncharacteristic softness entered her voice.[break][break]

"If you meet a Rocket with cobalt blue eyes and long dark hair, I'd ask you to spare him."[break][break]

There were no other faces and no other names to give.[break][break]

was the only one she trusted completely.

[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 7:38:17 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

isn't wrong.[break][break]

on the battlefield, the differences between them become close to none, each donning masks and personas that set them apart with their anonymity. but even if they didn't, even if he were to face them unmasked and known, it would not change a thing. he would kill them all the same.[break][break]

she should have known better.[break][break]

"okay."[break][break]

but the sincerity he shows is awfully convincing, somehow masked by the concern he has for her.[break][break]

"if i ever do meet him, i'll spare him."[break][break]

little does he know he has already met 's two personas multiple times, so much so that their little pepin has grown fond of him. more fond of him than her, at least.[break][break]

"but you should tell him of our arrangement."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 8:01:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

People believed what they wanted to believe.[break][break]

Instead of the fury and the rage she'd braced herself for, he replied with a gentle concern, neither combating her nor questioning her for details. The interrogation she expected never followed, and a soft sigh escaped her as she leaned against him with relief.[break][break]

"Thank you," she said, and the gratitude in her voice was genuine. She didn't think him capable of hiding his hatred; she didn't think that Matias lied in the same way that his brother did, but that he simply lied to himself.[break][break]

She should have known better. She'd gotten too comfortable talking to him.[break][break]

She'd believed she was still in control.[break][break]

"I know if it's a matter of life or death, there's nothing else either of us can do. But I'll try and hold up my end of the bargain, too."[break][break]

A pause, and then a half-truth.[break][break]

"I'll make sure he knows about us."[break][break]

You couldn't hide what someone already knew.

[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 3:50:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"good."[break][break]

but what says is right once again: if it's a matter of life or death, they both would choose self-preservation above all else. their pact would cease to exist, and he would have to spend a lifetime longing for her presence.[break][break]

the thought sobers him for a moment as he appreciates her weight on him.[break][break]

"for a while there i thought no one would ever understand me. what goes on inside my head, all the thoughts, the feelings, all the conflicts. i thought i'd have to go through all of it on my own. it's a lonely feeling, that."[break][break]

and it set him further along the path of self-inflicted isolation; a path he has yet to step off.[break][break]

"then you came along, equally insane, perhaps more. i don't know how you do it, elisabeth, with two of them in your head."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 5:54:17 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"One voice is louder than the other," she admitted quietly.[break][break]

As he spoke, she let her head rest in the crook of his shoulder, the exhaustion of the earlier battle finally weighing down on her. The warmth of him enveloped her as she closed her eyes, simply listening to him speak.[break][break]

If she understood him the way he described, was it due to Wo-chien or Tapu Fini? She was beginning to wonder if that had begun earlier, before Avatarship, and before Hoenn.[break][break]

"You're the only one who understands me," another man had said to her, once, before professing his love in a way she'd foolishly believed.[break][break]

She'd disappointed that man in the end, too.[break][break]

"What were you like, before Groudon?" she asked Matias unprompted, tilting her head up to look at him.[break][break]

It occurred to her suddenly that she didn't know.

[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 6:01:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"younger and more sane."[break][break]

he says with a chuckle, tilting his head down to meet 's gaze.[break][break]

"i don't think i've changed much. groudon empowers me, i think, and it can't give me what i don't already have. i guess my head's never been right to begin with."[break][break]

his admittance is delivered with an air of unintended melancholy stirred only by exhaustion. or at least that's what he attributes it to; groudon's avatar who never tires.[break][break]

"they called me the hero of kanto at one point."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 6:13:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Being a hero sounds like a burden to me, not an honor."[break][break]

She shifted somewhat, tucking her legs up beneath herself to get comfortable. At this intimate closeness, the sound of his heartbeat was faint, but ever-present in the background of their conversation.[break][break]

"Don't heroes always lose something, when defending their region? Their humanity, their individualism, their idealism, their own life... It is a thankless task, I think. People want to be saved, but they aren't the ones who pay the cost of their own survival."[break][break]

It was why she herself had sworn off saviors. She would save herself, always. No one else could be trusted with something so precious as her own safety.[break][break]

"Does no one call you that anymore? 'The Hero of Kanto.'"

[break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
i lived
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 7:09:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"only when they want to piss me off."[break][break]

it doesn't take much to get a rise out of matias on something he actually cares about, so how well it works depends on who it's coming from. he can shrug off the likes of easily enough but the same attempt made by would likely have a far different effect.[break][break]

it's dangerous to give her that much power, he realizes, only to realize as well that the majority of it had been taken from him instead.[break][break]

"no one's called me that for a long time but it's for the best. the hero of kanto couldn't save his own region? i won't let that be my legacy."[break][break]

he leans into her as well, drawn to her warmth.[break][break]

"heroes are a convenient excuse for people not to care. it's why i did what i did, you know, when i didn't warn the league about sootopolis."

[attr="class","bottom"]