he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTHS [DD]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 15:10:57 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

When suggested that he and Gunner celebrate New Year's Eve together, the younger Graves could not refuse. He hadn't spent time with his brother in what felt like months, even though they kept in regular contact. [break][break]

Instead of going out to a bar, Gunner invited Gideon to his apartment. They had a modest dinner of prime rib and roasted vegetables, as well as plenty of alcohol. [break][break]

After four hours, they were both drunk. Playing cards lay scattered between them on Gunner's dining table, their half-finished game forgotten. [break][break]

"Wait, wait, I gotta know something," the younger brother said, interrupting the elder's long ramble about Vivillon patterns. "I've been talking with and he says you two're hanging out a lot more." [break][break]

Not only that, but he'd spotted Gideon with Ollie at the holiday party at Mossdeep Space Center. They had seemed especially friendly. [break][break]

"Since when do you know each other?" Gunner asked, before taking a sip from his vodka tonic.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 3:04:33 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempgideon"]
[attr="class","body"]

leaned back in 's dining room chair, full and content for what felt like the first time in quite awhile. [break][break]

"Oh yeah?" [break][break]

Thoughts of flashed into Gideon's mind — his warm smile, his easygoing nature, his chiseled abs. Uninhibited as the professor was with alcohol on his lips, the memories brought with them a devilish grin, unhidden from his brother.[break][break]

"We've been friends for awhile. The museum hosted the Rangers for an event last year and we got to know each other then." It hadn't taken long for Ollie to weasel his way into friendship.[break][break]

"Why? Is that surprising?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon"]--accent:#d49f3a;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 14:48:44 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner shook his head and waved his hand. "No, no, it's really easy for Ollie to make friends." [break][break]

Ollie had tried to do the same when he and Gunner had first met, though his overly friendly and upbeat demeanor had grated on Gunner's nerves. After seeing Ollie rise to the responsibility of Head Ranger, though, Gunner had come around to respecting him. [break][break]

"I just mean—I dunno, I was surprised you two spent the whole League holiday party together. Is somethin' going on there?" the younger Graves asked, his words slurring together and his eyebrows wiggling in comical insinuation. [break][break]

Naturally, Gunner had no idea about 's rocky relationship with ; he and his boss kept their private lives strictly separate from the workplace. And at the party, it seemed natural for two of the three organizers to stand together in the beginning. Gunner had thought nothing of it.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 20:27:51 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Was something going on there?[break][break]

Neither he nor had expressed an interest in labeling what their friendship had progressed into. There was affection there — care, concern, and even conviction, too, though not always in a positive way. Gideon was reminded of how Ollie had tried to kiss him in front of at the League party, as well as the fallout thereafter. [break][break]

Had witnessed that debacle? Was that what he was hinting at?[break][break]

"Nothing serious," Gideon paused, his eyes becoming unfocused from the glass in his hand. "...yet. Or, ever. I— hrm. I don't know, Gunner."[break][break]

There was an uncharacteristic exasperation in his voice that wouldn't have been there if not for the alcohol's influence. In fact, this entire admission wouldn't have happened, either.[break][break]

It was time to deflect.[break][break]

"What about you? I saw you and all over one another."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 15:03:55 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner's smile turned into a grin when Gideon said "yet", and even wider at his older brother's discomfort. After all, wasn't it the job of the little brother to give their elder siblings a hard time? [break][break]

The mention of , however, wiped the smile off Gunner's face. Instead, a bright blush colored his cheeks, ears, and neck as the horrifying implication of Gideon's words crashed into him. [break][break]

"Y-You saw?" Gunner sputtered, his eyes wide, his drunk brain scrambling haphazardly at 100 miles per hour. "Shit, I didn't think anyone was on the balcony but us!" [break][break]

Slamming back the rest of his vodka tonic seemed to be the only proper course of action, so he did just that, before fumbling the empty glass onto the table between him and Gideon. [break][break]

"Look, I can't help it, Gids. She's smokin' hot," Gunner slurred, rubbing his face with both hands. "She was moaning and all that, wasn't she? She's pretty loud when I'm fuckin' her." [break][break]

That last part he said with a significant amount of pride despite himself.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:12:43 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"What? The bal—?" Gideon almost asked as Gunner slammed back his drink, but was quickly cut off by his brother's frantic explanation.[break][break]

A profound silence followed the other man's admission.[break][break]

Gideon blinked once. Twice. Three times. His drunken mind was working overtime to process what exactly he'd just heard. And though he wasn't someone who cursed often, after everything finally clicked, he uttered a loud,[break][break]

"...what the actual fuck, Gunner?"[break][break]

A wayward boot found the edge of his brother's chair, pushing it to put both physical and metaphorical space between them. Gideon definitely didn't approve of this promiscuous behavior.[break][break]

And he thought his kiss with Ollie had been inappropriate. Arceus, Gunner...[break][break]

"No I didn't see! I'd have burned my damn eyes out by now if that was the case!"[break][break]

He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose between two fingers.[break][break]

"Why would you think that was a good idea?? Where anyone could have walked out??"

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 15:50:44 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The stunned silence following Gunner's admission was deafening. Unfortunately, he was too drunk to understand why until Gideon swore. [break][break]

Gideon never swore. [break][break]

"Wait." It was Gunner's turn for his brain to work overtime trying to understand what was being said. He wobbled in his chair when his brother kicked it, but thankfully, it did not topple. "Wait, so you didn't see—" [break][break]

Had he just admitted to Gideon that he had sex in public with ? With many high-profile League personnel not far away? [break][break]

Yes. Yes, he had. [break][break]

"I—I don't know!" Gunner exclaimed, horrified. "We were fighting again and—and she grabbed me, and—" [break][break]

He froze, realizing with sudden clarity that there was no escaping this trap he'd unexpectedly entered. Just like that, Gunner deflated, his body sagging as he rested his head on the table. A look of abject defeat crossed his face. [break][break]

"She riles me up real good, okay? You'd think after all this time and all our fights, I'd be able to walk away, but I can't."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 3:33:32 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

was not quick to anger. But damn, if didn't bring it out in him.[break][break]

"Do you hear yourself, Gunner?" Realistically, probably only partly. The alcohol was most likely rotting his brain as they spoke.[break][break]

"Mila is a bad influence on you! She always has been!" He exclaimed, slamming an open palm onto the table.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, but you two just aren't good for one another." He said that, but he definitely wasn't sorry. In fact, Gideon had been holding that particular sentiment in for a long, long time.[break][break]

"You need to break off whatever it is you two are doing. Do you know what'll happen next time you fuck up like this and someone catches you? You'll be fired and in fucking jail! Is that something you want??"

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 14:31:04 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gideon's open-palm slap against the top of the table jolted through Gunner, making him feel nauseous. He hauled himself upright but didn't raise his gaze to acknowledge his brother. [break][break]

"You think I haven't thought of that sometimes?" Gunner said, expression and tone growing frustrated as he stared at the wood grain in front of him. [break][break]

Sighing, he picked up his glass for another sip, only to realize with a start that he had no more left. When had he finished it? Gunner stood on unsteady legs and shuffled over to the kitchen to make another vodka tonic. [break][break]

"When she's gone, I miss her. When she's around me, I can't think straight. I don't get it. I want her to leave me alone but thinking about her spending time with anyone else makes my blood boil." [break][break]

He shook his head, exasperated—more with himself than with Mila. [break][break]

"What's wrong with me, Gids?" Gunner asked, laughing at how ridiculous he must sound. He'd never confessed anything like this to his brother before.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 0:07:03 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Gideon watched as his brother practically stumbled toward the open kitchen, but remained seated himself. They could still talk comfortably (uncomfortably?) at this distance.[break][break]

"You think with your dick too much, Gunner." The elder Graves brother replied, accenting his disapproval with an exasperated sigh.[break][break]

"You need to find someone that makes you feel the way Mila does — but who has their own shit together. Who can steer you right. Like—" Gideon paused, his drunken mind warning him that continuing that thought might be asking for trouble.[break][break]

Yet he said it anyway.[break][break]

"...like Sayori. She was a good woman. Always kept you on the right path."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 13:57:24 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gideon spoke her name, and Gunner froze. [break][break]

Many months had passed since the sorrow of Sayori's death had last gripped his heart. The encounter with her spirit in the Border had eased the burden of guilt off his shoulders. After that, time worked its magic, making the loss of her easier to bear by fractional amounts. [break][break]

Time, of course, was not the only thing that helped. [break][break]

"You don't know anything you're saying, Gideon." [break][break]

Releasing a slow, steadying breath, Gunner finished making another vodka tonic for himself and brought it back into the open living space. He lowered himself onto his chair and took a generous sip of liquor. [break][break]

"Sayori was good. Too good. I didn't deserve her." His words were slurring together, the cadence of his speech a sign that he was well and truly drunk. "I only told you the good stuff about our relationship." [break][break]

Gideon had not needed to know about the small doubts that had plagued Gunner the longer he and Sayori had dated—the sexual dissatisfaction, the feeling of being caged, the restlessness. Immense guilt had stopped him from signing up for dating apps, though he'd been sorely tempted. [break][break]

The same feelings had reared up when Gunner was dating Summer, amplified a thousandfold after learning she was pregnant. The flight or fight response had been overwhelming, just as bad as the guilt that followed. [break][break]

He'd spent many long nights dwelling on what that said about him. And what it meant that he didn't feel any of those things with Mila.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 14:34:37 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

What? Too good?”[break][break]

That caught him off guard. wasn’t usually so self-deprecating. [break][break]

Gunner, you do deserve someone like that.”[break][break]

Even if that someone didn’t mirror Sayori. [break][break]

simply wanted the world for his little brother. Despite his past lies and questionable decisions, Gunner hung the moon in Gideon’s eyes. He just wanted to see his only sibling happy.[break][break]

...well, regardless, you know where I stand on Mila now. I can’t stop you from seeing her,” Though his own words were slurred, there was a thrum of finality as he moved to end this topic of conversation.[break][break]

But you can do better. Remember that.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 19:13:06 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

An expression crossed Gunner's face that suggested he was ready to argue, but the finality in Gideon's tone prevented that. Still, younger brothers were known to be rebellious little shits. While he let that conversation end, he prompted another to begin. [break][break]

"What about you? You deserve someone too, especially after what that Fiorelli bitch did to you." [break][break]

Her name alone was enough to bring Gunner's blood to boil. Grinding his teeth, he pressed on, the alcohol in his system preventing him from checking himself. [break][break]

"I know you're still disappointed about what happened between you and Charlotte. You loved her, you were happy. You seemed happy when—" [break][break]

He stopped, unwilling to mention one more time, and pivoted. [break][break]

"I want you to be happy again, Gids. With someone who loves you and can listen to you talk about bugs all day. When are you going to put yourself out there and find that person?" [break][break]

Then Gunner paused, stunned, as a revelation struck him (again). [break][break]

"Is it Ollie? Is that person Ollie?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 20:42:22 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Gideon clenched his jaw, the muscle cutting a tight line along his jowl. [break][break]

Mentioning two of his biggest failures in one breath was a low blow from . He knew about the miserable breakdown that had led to Gideon’s divorce from his ex-wife, Charlotte. Even worse, he was much more intimately aware of how had deceived and discarded him. Gunner was the one who had revealed that deception, after all.[break][break]

The long scars carved into Gideon’s back suddenly ached.[break][break]

Gunner–” The other man’s name left the professor’s lips at a low, dangerous octave. But of course his little brother persisted, undeterred as he drunkenly finished his piece. And when Gideon thought it couldn’t possibly get worse, ’s name was mentioned.[break][break]

Was Ollie that person?[break][break]

Gideon visibly balked at the question.[break][break]

was many things to . A friend, a confidante, a lover. But their situation was far from the picture-perfect happiness Gunner insisted on. Ollie’s jealousy toward and at the LEAGUE holiday party had revealed those cracks in whatever their relationship was.[break][break]

Ollie...” Gideon sighed, exhaling a long breath through his nose.[break][break]

I already told you, Gunner. I don’t know. Our relationship isn’t... isn’t really like that. Not completely.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 17:01:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gideon's reaction to the mention of both Charlotte and Elisabeth was totally lost on Gunner. He'd brought up both women to prove a point: that Gideon's life was full of too many recent setbacks, and he needed some happiness to make those awful memories fade. [break][break]

"Well, if it's not Ollie, then the world is your Cloyster. There's someone for you out there. I'm sure of it," Gunner said, a decisiveness in his tone born from the confidence of alcohol. He took out his phone and fumbled with the lock screen. [break][break]

"You have the AmiGO app on your phone, right? We can start there. Update your profile. Get you some dates. Maybe we can even go on another double date." [break][break]

The last one had gone well, but both women had turned out to be unfit for both men. Incompatible. [break][break]

With his other hand, Gunner lifted his vodka tonic to his lips and took another drink.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]