6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Round Twelve: Josh vs. Johanna [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 8:10:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The sun was starting to set on Lilycove City, a sign that the first day of the tournament was winding down. It was Josh's last chance to move up the standings and maximize his chance of making the top division for day two.

As Josh put in an order for a pizza he would be splitting with after the day wound down, an announcement blared over the venue's loudspeakers:

"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round twelve. Pairings are up for round twelve. This is the final round of Day One of the event."

As Josh scrolled through the pairings, he found a friendly surprise: former Gym Leader would be his last opponent before he had to wake up tomorrow, bright and early, and do it all over again. "Johanna! Great to see you again! You did such a good job running Ever Grande. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why did you step down as Gym Leader?" he asked as he dropped Raikiri's Poké Ball toward his feet. The Mauville Leader cuddled the quadrupedal Zeraora's face before the Pokémon darted to his starting position with impressive speed.

Planning to use a Z-Move!

{WC: 200}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
744 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 19:12:50 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
She was surprised when her opponent was revealed to be none other than . It was a pleasant surprise, it meant that this battle was one hundred percent going to be a good one.

She had barely reached the Arena before Josh was asking questions. And she didn’t mind one bit.

“And it’s great to see you too!” It had been too long. “Thank you, I don’t mind answering that question. I noticed a drop in the quality of my work for both Joyland and the Gym, and realized I couldn’t do both AND still meet my expectations in regard to the quality of my work.” She explained. This was far from the first time she had to explain her decision.

“But I will admit, I had hoped one of the Gym Trainers would pick up the mantle and continue the Gym, but alas that did not happen.” An unfortunate turn of event, but such is life.

She gave the Claydol by her side a little pat and allowed it to float into the arena, taking its position for when the start signal would sound.

NOTES:
- VCT Battle

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 22:06:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"That's very fair. Being a Gym Leader is a lot of work!" he agreed with Joy. "I oo need to head to Joyland again to ride the legendary carousel more. The Giratina was one I never got to hop on!" There were plenty of other saddle-wearing legendary Pokémon there. Any one of them looked fun to hop onto, imagine his legendary steed a Patron, and ending the war against Rocket for good.

That daydream would be interrupted by the starting horn. With the Claydol's defenses making Raikiri's electric attacks useless, the Zeraora's offensive abilities would be limited. Electricity arced down all four of his limbs as he zipped about the arena at blistering speeds, sliding under the ground-type and looking to BOUNCE it high into the air.

GLAcQcDv

{WC: 200}
{PC: 1}

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
744 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 11:23:57 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna beamed Josh a smile and a small nod as she spoke “Looking forward to seeing you there!”

And with that the battle began. Claydol took to the field knowing that the electric type attacks this Pokemon carried would do nothing against him.

Luckily he was not one to let such knowledge fuel arrogance, and so as the opponent Bounced toward him he tried his best to keep his distance, dodge and counter attack by raising the very ground of the arena floor with his EARTH POWER.

uK1QDAMu
(3/3)

NOTES:
- VCT Battle
- No active gimmicks in this post

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 16:36:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was as expected from a former Gym Leader. The Joy Badge's progenitor hadn't lost a lick of skill; that Claydol was just as tough as Josh remembered it being. Not only had Raikiri failed to launch the ground-type skyward, but its burst of EARTH POWER had been timed perfectly, thrusting the Zeraora back into the air and into a painful landing on his side.

Shaking his head, the thundercat stood back up. With so many eyes, the Claydol could keep one of them on Raikiri at all times, no matter how fast he went. With his electric attacks mitigated by his foe's lightning-retardant body, his options were limited. After building his AGILITY up, the Zeraora sharply about faced, his paws igniting and burning with the ferocity of FIRE PUNCHES headed toward Joy's Pokémon faster than a wildfire!

MVDxN2OQ

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
744 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 15:36:28 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
For all of Claydol’s eyes it mattered little how much he could follow the yellow feline if his movements were too slow to follow along. And with the Agility-fueled charge that very much was the case.

Luckily he needn’t be faster, he just needed to be somewhere else.The searing heat came real close and then with a swoosh he was gone, TELEPORTED to the furthest end of the Arena. From where he would take aim and fire an cold blue ICE BEAM as quickly as it possible could.

4ffyro6J
(3/3)

NOTES:
- VCT Battle

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 16:05:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Raikiri's blazing paws connected with nothing, the Claydol putting distance between them with a TELEPORT. As fast as Raikiri was, the race-illegal technique was faster. It also didn't give Josh the sensation he loved: mental movement did not carry with it the adrenaline rush that physical movement did.

By the time Raikiri turned around, he was met with a face full of ICE BEAM, the extra warmth from his paws the only thing keeping him from freezing solid on the spot. With his paws still on fire, he bounded across the field, trying to fake the Claydol out three times before pounding it with FIRE PUNCH-like paws on the fourth juke.

WTJ5sr|U

{PC: 4}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
744 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 17:51:50 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Raikiri charged at the Claydol, for all of its feigning, Claydol knew where it was heading. Claydol had hoped the Ice beam would have dealt with the feline’s speed somewhat, but alas it did not. And so he was formed to take drastic measures.

And so, in an attempt to end the fight right there and then he summoned all his ground-type might to let the Z-move energies tear the arena apart with its TECTONIC RAGE (Within reason of course, no property damage that would get her disqualified)

hyBSUXUf
(+50 for Z-move)
(3/3)

NOTES:
- VCT Battle

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 18:08:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was too tired to pay attention to his VITAL GEAR, and he had paid the price. Raikiri was trapped in the Claydol's TECTONIC RAGE. By the time he had realized what was going on and could get his Z-GLOVE in the air, the Zeraora was already in a heap. A red flag waved toward him, signifying his loss.

"...You didn't beat me, Johanna," Josh sighed. "I beat myself. We'll have to have a rematch sometime. Maybe in one of the side events on Sunday if I don't top the event. What a punt..." It was one thing for Josh to lose to a more skilled trainer. He could not stand it when he lost to his own mistakes.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
744 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 15:45:16 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna Joy Avatar
She had defeated Josh, but at what cost. His words gave her the idea that he wasn't having fun, win or lose.

And so as Claydol levitated its way back to the trainer before departure, Johanna would offer him some words of wisdom.

“Don't be so hard on yourself. It is the very nature of competition that there will always be a winner and a loser. But the important part is that you have fun no matter which position you get!” to a competitive person these words might be hollow coming from the winner, but she hoped he would take them to heart.

And with that she left.

NOTES:
- VCT Battle
- Johanna Won

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 0:33:20 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: