6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Round Eighteen: Josh vs. Eva [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 5:59:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round eighteen. Pairings are up for round eighteen. There will be a one-hour break for lunch after this round."

As Josh scrolled through the long list of names on the tournament's official app, looking for his assigned arena, he thought he had been paired against  , yet another Gym Leader. Squinting, he breathed a sign of relief when he realized he had read one column off. Instead, his eighteenth-round opponent would be a good friend of his. He and his Zeraora walked down the hall to their arena, close to the center of the facility. The camera icon on the pairings list meant that their match would be livestreamed for Hoenn -- and Josh's family -- to watch.

"Hey there, speedster," Josh teased , the unforgettable ride on Rayquaza's back coming to mind yet again. "I owe you a ride on Raikiri after you treated me all that time ago, don't I?" As fast as the thundercat was, there was a huge difference between what the Zeraora was capable of and escape velocity.

Planning to use a Z-Move!

{WC: 180}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 6:14:50 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Josh! Hey!” she smiled back at her opponent with genuine delight, “I figured I’d be seeing you here eventually, tearing the palace up,” she teased right back, even throwing a little, light punch to the shoulder for added emphasis.

Her gaze moved from Devlin to the Zeraora. She was familiar with the electric cat. She didn’t have one of her own (yet) but she heard a rumor she could probably swipe one at the end of the tourney if she made it that far, “How about we race ‘em when I find my own? Wouldn’t that be fun!”

Before that, they’d have to finish this tournament, “Good luck out there! Let’s get started!”

And with that, Eva took her designated place across the field. Her Machamp lumbered towards the center with thundering steps. The beefy fighting-type smacked her four fists together with a loud crack and took a fighting stance to meet her opponent in battle.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 20:30:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's Zeraora was different from most; while it wasn't completely unheard of, his was the only one he knew of that moved and fought on all fours rather than upright. "I hope you can find one; they're really rare. Had to get mine from dog boy!" he revealed Raikiri's origins as the starting horn sounded.

"Keep away, Raikiri!" Josh ordered, the feline prowling the court's edges. He built up speed before firing a volley of ELECTRO BALLS toward the muscled behemoth's four arms. He took care to remain out of melee range the best he could; if he ever got grabbed, those four arms could juggle him easily.

4POaItXd

{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:28:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Get ready, Syah! It’s a fast one!” which was nothing out of the ordinary for the Machamp. She was used to battling a bulk of Eva’s quick pokemon. Syah’s NO GUARD helped bridge the gap between the bulkiness and lack of speed.

All four arms flexed and extended, chopping at the incoming ELECTRO BALLS in an attempt to dissipate some of them before they exploded against her pale blue skin. She missed some, but recovered quickly. The fighting-type lunged forward with all four limbs, striking at the quick feline with a series of CROSS CHOPS.

jlPTLlhG

3/3 HP

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 1:22:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Though there would be no dodging any of any of Syah's CROSS CHOPS, Raikiri was quick enough to pivot out of the way of almost all of them, turning them into glancing blows. Though speed was still his main way to battle, Josh's experience in combat with Hoenn's Elite Four had diversified his tactics. He could now fight with the best of them, despite how much he expressed his shortcomings on the battlefield. Though he didn't belong on the front lines, he could hold his own if he had to.

When his self-confidence was about him, he could fight just as well as could.

With Raikiri awkwardly locked in melee against the four-armed brute, he had to get away. Suddenly rearing, he sliced his front claws and paws toward Syah in an uppercut-like motion, looking to siphon her stamina with a DRAIN PUNCH. Success or no, he would use the opening to distance himself from the Machamp.

ofjiXMwb

{WC: 158}
{PC: 3}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 3:38:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It was hard to hide the twist of frustration etched across the Machamp’s face as every strike of the Cross Chop became just a glancing blow. Speedy opponents were certainly difficult for the bulky fighting-types. She just needed one or two good hits to slow them down which would be difficult in this case.

The feline’s claws reached to swipe at her chin. Syah could feel the shift in her opponent’s weight to give themself leverage for the strike. She leaned back, turning the Zeraora’s DRAIN PUNCH into a glancing blow.

Two of her fists reared back, hoping to confuse the cat with a DYNAMIC PUNCH before they could create too much distance between them.

t0iahFNF

2/3 HP

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 17:39:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Syah's patience would pay off; the Zeraora had attempted to siphon too much energy off her. That gave the Machamp ample time to sock him with a DYNAMIC PUNCH that sent him careening across the court just as fast as his ramming attack was.

With a bleeding jaw, Raikiri shook his face. His back to the corner, a cage of electricity materialized around the yellow feline. The HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE to come would sail wide to Syah's side. Not wanting to risk direct contact with the Machamp a second time, Josh was reliant on the Z-Move's trail of lightning bolts left in his Pokémon's wake, as well as the sonic shockwave left when the Zeraora broke the speed threshold where hearing was impossible.

24pWqTLU

Z-Move used this turn!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 7:28:23 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE does it’s work. The pale lightning crackles over the fighting-type and the power of the strike is enough to shoot her halfway across the field. She slams into the ground, carving a deep divot into the arena’s floor. It’s surprising to see her stir beneath the rubble let alone stand after a strike like that.

“Wow! What a move!” Eva claps in delight, clearly entertained by the z-move, “Ain’t enough to get us down, though! Back at ‘em Syah!”

Though on somewhat wobbly feet, the Machamp roars, bathing herself in a flash of light and ignites her mega evolution. She’s not foolish enough to chase a Zeraora, so she waits for the pokemon to come back to her.

kKIJPdK9

2/3 HP

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 7:53:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It's the Mauville Gym special!" Josh chirped. "If you think it's impressive to watch, wait 'til you go for a ride on him while he's using that move!" All she would need to do it was a Z-Crystal and a mountable Pokémon that knew Quick Attack, and she could experience the blistering speed for herself. She might not find it as thrilling as Josh did, though, considering she could have Rayquaza slingshot her through the air when she wanted.

Both Pokémon roared, the Machamp Mega Evolving into her apex form. The unstable Machamp looked like she would fall with even a light attack. As much as Josh didn't want to, his best shot would be to try to end the battle with the fastest move his Zeraora at the ready. His ace fighter lunged toward the four-armed menace with a QUICK ATTACK that would leave him tired afterward, though it would not matter if it was a match-ending blow.

How could the yellow feline go so fast after using a move requiring such exertion?

IwMKWhEO

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 6:06:25 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Perhaps the mythical pokemon would prove to be just too fast for the fighting-type. The dread of defeat wouldn’t get her down until she lay unconscious on the battle arena floor. Glory didn’t come to those that surrendered.

The QUICK ATTACK may be fast, but the mega-evolved Machamp unleashed a countering DARKEST LARIAT that may just be enough to knock the electric-type off their feet.

Unfortunately, her attack wasn't quite on target. Perhaps it was the exhausted blurred vision, or the Zeraora's confusing speed. Her sweep missed, and the QUICK ATTACK struck true, knocking Syah out cold.

Y7tKc75h+20

1/3 HP

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 20:27:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It did not take long for the judge to wave their red flag toward Eva once Syeh collapsed. Raikiri was breathing heavily as he and Josh were declared match winners. "You should be proud of your Machamp," Josh huffed as he withdrew his mythical partner. "And I'm serious - if you can handle Rayquaza, than a move like that should be easy for you!"

Even so, that would be for ideally the springtime. If they tried to go riding that fast in the cold, they would freeze their faces off! "I'm just relieved it's time for the lunch break," the Gym Leader breathed a sigh of relief. "I don't think Raikiri could handle another long and close match like that without a break. I'll be having Alto Maren with . You get anything special for lunch?"

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 21:45:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Yeah, she did great! You did too,” of course she was proud of her Machamp despite the loss, why wouldn’t she be? The fighting-type disappeared as the white light sucked her back into the safety of her pokeball.

The sphere clicked into place on her belt and her hands found a home in her pockets while she bid her adieu to Josh, “Yeah, I’m sure it’s a blast. I’ll give it a try sometime.”

Eva hadn't really thought about lunch, but now was as good a time as any to come with something so she didn’t waste what little break they had, “I’m gonna meet someone after I take care of Syah,” she hoped she could find wandering around here somewhere. His name briefly flashed across a screen at some point, if she remembered correctly, “Good luck with the rest of the tournament!” she offered him a little salute of congratulations and swept herself off the stage to hurry down to the medical tent.

0/3 HP
Eva, the loser!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 2:28:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: