saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
vct: matias vs josh
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 6:33:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"devlin."[break][break]

there is a flicker of amusement behind his eyes as he looks across the battlefield at . this may not be an official battle but he already knows josh is treating it like one.[break][break]

he crosses his arms over his chest, grinning.[break][break]

"ready to lose again?"

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); padding-top:10px; min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 17:43:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

Josh had somehow dodged the entire time he was at the tournament. Whether it was by luck or by the Volatile being a late entry was uncertain. So late in the event, it seemed his luck had run out. While a win here would be nice, a loss here would be no big deal. A win against one of his biggest rivals would feel all the more sweet.

"I've already got my podium spot mostly locked up," Josh replied with a surprisingly calm demeanor. "Honestly, it might be nice having a battle where the stakes aren't so high. Win or lose." Raikiri, on the other hand was growling and purring loudly; it seemed the thundercat was every bit as serious as Josh normally was.

Planning to use a Z-Move!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 7:45:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"only you would brag about coming in second."[break][break]

where 's zeraora adopts a serious demeanor, matias' meowth does the opposite, slumping to the ground with its long, feline body. it stretches, yawning as its SHADOW CLAW swipes at zeraora.[break][break]

"oops. guess that starts the battle."[break][break]

TSKTtVTM[BREAK]
HP: 4/4

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); padding-top:10px; min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 17:47:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Invisible to the Zeraora, the yellow feline ran right into the SHADOW CLAW, shaking his head as its ethereal talons crossed into the material. With his cheek oozing red, the swift Pokémon was ready to retaliate in an instant, zooming toward the cream-colored cat in a QUICK ATTACK intended to put distance between them after the passing claw swipe.

"I'm being realistic," Josh retorted. "Do you know how hard it is to even get top eight in a field this size? There have to be hundreds, if not thousands, of entrants."

|9FO6v2u

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 10:46:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"if you can't break into the top ten then there must be something seriously wrong with the hoenn circuit."[break][break]

speaks the truth but it's too fun to egg him on, so matias continues doing just that.[break][break]

"but then again, it's you, so anything is possible."[break][break]

meowth claims first blood and follows it up with another SHADOW CLAW.[break][break]

EGC4nlQl[BREAK]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 16:05:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
To Matias, that last line may have come off as goading. To Josh though, it was far from it. "You know... Matias, since we had our match at Ever Grande, you've changed. And not for the worse. For the better. I think you finally understand me. And... it makes me happy. Comfortable."

Whether Matias felt the words were genuine or a ploy to distract him did not matter; Raikiri was still giving the match his all. The cream-colored cat was surprisingly swift. There was no outspeeding the speed-trained Zeraora, though, especially not after a powerful burst of AGILITY to try to evade the fellow feline's attack. The aim was to build up enough speed that one or two ultrafast strikes could turn the match around for him.

DL87ttVI

{PC: 3}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 6:16:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"?"[break][break]

he blinks, confused at 's words.[break][break]

"i was being demeaning."[break][break]

staying close, meowth doesn't give in to AGILITY, chasing after its prey with TRAILBLAZE, seeking to close out the battle.[break][break]

kHvrqTiM[BREAK]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 7:07:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"If you're trying to get under my skin, what you're doing isn't working," was Josh's answer. "But I genuinely think you've changed for the better since our match. There are still things we won't agree on, and that's fine. I know this is going to sound weird coming from me, but you've helped me grow a lot. This year, I aspire to join your ranks. Not as Elite Four, but as a Champion."

The TRAILBLAZE would force Josh's hand, his Z-GLOVE overflowing with energy. His Pokémon glowed white and yellow with Z-Energy, hopping back to one corner of the arena before ramming toward the normal-type in the fastest move his land Pokémon had in their arsenal. The threat of the HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE would be threefold: electrified paws, a line of lightning bolts in his wake, and the deafening series of thunderclaps they would create.

ovEbYxfg+50

Z-Move used this turn!

{PC: 4}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 7:10:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the battle ends with a decisive win for matias and a loss for , as expected. he doubts this will ever change between them.[break][break]

recalling meowth, he shrugs a shoulder and starts to make his leave, but not before sharing one final wish for the gym leader.[break][break]

"i wish you the very best of luck with your aspirations."[break][break]

HP: 4/4[break][break]

MATIAS WINS!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 7:15:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Whether the good luck wishes were genuine or not, Josh appreciated them. "I imagine the next time I'll see you is at the Pokémon League, when I sign up for the title match. It's hard to get onto Kyle's schedule, but I look forward to it. We're good friends outside the workplace, too... you know?"

For the first time in over a year, Josh walked away from the Volatile with a smile on his face. There was still time to claim that top spot on the leaderboard. Heading back to the commons, he got in line to register for another flight.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 4:27:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: