saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 5:04:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"that's not what i want anymore."[break][break]

chasing after every woman who gives him a passing glance, that is. he's not sure if he ever wanted that in the first place. he knows now that what he truly seeks is not only someone who understands and accepts him, but also a companion he can rely on.[break][break]

had given him that. it had just been at the wrong time.[break][break]

"i don't think anyone is easy to hold onto. you're right, though, it has proven challenging to hold onto you, but i do keep trying because i want to."[break][break]

he pauses, circling back to an observation.[break][break]

"you are easy to love, by the way."

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 5:12:14 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You are easy to love, by the way."[break][break]

She choked on her food, visibly taken aback by this observation as she attempted to regain her shattered composure. A hasty drink of water calmed her fit of coughing, but the stricken look on her face remained nonetheless.[break][break]

"You're impossible," she sighed, massaging her temples. "You say the most outlandish things with such confidence."[break][break]

People said absence made the heart grow fonder, but something about the time they'd spent apart had clearly resulted in more fondness from him than she'd anticipated. If anything, she'd expected the opposite during that separation; he'd surely grow bored, find some other woman to chase after, and lose interest in her.[break][break]

It was one reason she'd accepted the date he'd offered her. It gave her a prime opportunity to complete her mission for Walsh.[break][break]

Nothing had prepared her for how the night had currently been unfolding, however.[break][break]

"Are you certain you're drinking water, and not vodka?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 7:26:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he isn't expecting such a visceral reaction to a genuine statement but the sight is amusing. he reaches for his water to offer her but she's quick to drink her own.[break][break]

his chuckles fade with a shrug.[break][break]

"i don't think it's outlandish at all. i think it's quite normal given everything."[break][break]

if anything, it should've been expected, but he understands why might have thought otherwise given his history and personality.[break][break]

as for her question on his drink, he offers her the glass with a grin.[break][break]

"want a taste?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 7:49:11 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I'm fine, thank you," she retorted, pushing away his glass with a tiny scoff. "You can keep that."[break][break]

A few water droplets escaped with the motion, staining the tablecloth.[break][break]

It irritated her, how quickly he could get under her skin. What irritated her most was that he seemed unbothered in particular today. In fact, he seemed more amused than anything else at her own frustration.[break][break]

The flower in her hair flared a brighter shade, pink reddening to an indignant crimson as she sought to change the subject.[break][break]

"Did you have plans for the evening beyond this?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 7:52:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

why would he ever be bothered? this evening is going as well as he could have hoped; better than that, actually; and he can only hope it continues through the rest of the night.[break][break]

speaking of...[break][break]

"no, not really."[break][break]

he answers .[break][break]

"is there anything you wanted to do this evening?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 8:07:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Not really," she echoed him, and took another sip of water. This one was much more smooth than the last. "I suppose that means we're in for a dull, indecisive night, then."[break][break]

As if on cue, their food arrived, and the charcuterie board was removed to make way for the newly arrived dishes. It occurred to her then that she wasn't sure he'd eaten a bite of the meats and cheeses before they were whisked away.[break][break]

Hm. Perhaps she'd not been paying close enough attention.[break][break]

For a moment she almost corrected the placement of their dinner, only to remember her earlier ploy. The curry of unknown spiciness stared up at her, and she stared back down at it, considering if she should begin eating first or not.[break][break]

Across from her, the much more familiar Kalosian stew was placed in front of her companion -- who, by all accounts, seemed genuinely to be looking forward to it.[break][break]

"You seem pleased," she accused him. She sounded oddly unhappy about it.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 11:16:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i suppose so. wouldn't have it any other way."[break][break]

if a dull and indecisive night awaits him, then be it, so long as it's with .[break][break]

when their dishes arrive, his eyes flit to watch her reaction to her supposed favorite curry, wondering if she'd continue with her lie, and if so, for how long.[break][break]

her comment draws a chuckle from him.[break][break]

"you're observant as ever. i'm very pleased, yes. more than you seem to be about your dish."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 18:13:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She fantasized, briefly, about wiping that smug look off of his face.[break][break]

Unfortunately, doing so would only goad him further. He was more of a masochist than either Rocket or the League realized, she thought.[break][break]

"Why wouldn't I be pleased?" she continued, angrily picking up a spoon to start eating. In her fury, she scooped a larger helping of the curry than she'd originally intended, and ate it.[break][break]

Immediately she realized her mistake.[break][break]

It wasn't that Elisabeth disliked spicy food, exactly, but that she had yet to build a tolerance to it. The best description she could think of was that the actual taste of the food failed to translate past the agonizing heat of the dish itself, making it unbearable to eat.[break][break]

"See? Perfectly fine," she forced herself to say as she reached for her drink, trying to resist the urge to gulp down her water at the speed of light. This was a peculiar form of slow torture, as the water failed to do anything to make the burning taste of the curry abate. "It's a shame I already had so much of the charcuterie. I might have spoiled my appetite."[break][break]

Quietly, she calculated how much of the rice it would take to mitigate the spice level. Was there enough? Could she push through half the portion?[break][break]

It was an inconsequential lie, but she was determined to play it out nonetheless. Pride demanded it.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 4:14:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

kanto exposed him to dishes of varying spice levels, so he knows his tolerance to be higher than . even to him, the curry looked painfully spicy which is how he knows she's suffering. and for what? pride?[break][break]

"you're so stubborn it's silly. here, just take my food. i don't want to have to take you to the er later."[break][break]

sliding his dish over to her side of the table, he reaches for her curry to swap.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 4:36:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A small, stupid part of her wanted to argue with him, but the saner part of her let him exchange the two meals with visible relief.[break][break]

"If you insist," she said, glancing away from him at the Kalosian stew in front of her. The scent of it was nostalgic, and a sudden pang of longing swept through her for simpler times.[break][break]

She looked up at uncertainly, hesitant before eating.[break][break]

"Do you really like this sort of dish?" she asked him, sincere in her questioning. "I'm actually skilled at making things like this, you know."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 5:40:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

to his surprise, expecting to put up more of a fight before eventually reaching the same result, she accepts the swap with no pushback. she must really be struggling with the curry.[break][break]

with their dishes now swapped, he wishes she had ordered something else because curry isn't his favorite either. still, he eats it and enjoys it all the same.[break][break]

"i'm not lying to you for brownie points, elisa. yes, i really do like this."[break][break]

glancing up at her, the thought makes him smile.[break][break]

"is that your way of saying you'll cook for me?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 5:49:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"That depends on if you behave, Matty," she said lightly, allowing herself to enjoy the superior meal. "No promises."[break][break]

He seemed excited at the prospect of her making him dinner, though, more than she'd anticipated. She had to admit it was a little bit endearing.[break][break]

After seeing the state of his kitchen, she supposed that shouldn't have come as a shock.[break][break]

"But yes. My mother taught me how to make this a long time ago," she continued, a softer edge to her words, before she posed a question to him. "When did you start liking it, if you don't mind my asking?"[break][break]

She figured he didn't frequent Kalosian places often.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 5:58:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i'm looking forward to it."[break][break]

because he'll behave if it means she'll cook for him. it's such a simple act that unexpectedly means so much to him.[break][break]

"only recently, actually."[break][break]

he answers , not hesitating to share with her when he once would've.[break][break]

"but in kanto, at one of the homes i was in, they used to make this stew every now and then. the things they put in it were scarce but i guess they made up for it with seasoning. anyway, bouillabaisse reminded me of that stew, and every time i have it, things feel simple again, as though the only worry i have is whether my next meal would be as good."[break][break]

instead of the myriad of worries he has now, most of which are his own doing.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 6:07:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Something about the story didn't ring fully true for her, though she couldn't put a finger on why. She weighed whether or not it was worthwhile to push on the topic, before ultimately deciding against it.[break][break]

It wasn't as if the truth mattered in this instance. She highly doubted she'd ever wind up cooking something for after tonight, anyway.[break][break]

Assuming, of course, that he'd still be around at all after she finished what Walsh had asked of her.[break][break]

"When you say homes, what do you mean?" she asked him. "With the Silphs, or...?"[break][break]

She trailed off, letting him finish the thought if he desired.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 6:16:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

his head shakes.[break][break]

"orphanage homes, so before them."[break][break]

it's easier to talk about it now but it hadn't been before. he had always kept that part of his life buried, not willing to dig them back up in fear of what he might feel.[break][break]

"i must have been in at least five. no, six? you lose count after a while."[break][break]

he shrugs a shoulder as he takes another bite of 's curry.[break][break]

"honestly, i preferred my life before the silphs."

[attr="class","bottom"]