saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,256 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 4:15:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

matty.[break][break]

a name he once loathed as it'd been tainted by the likes of and his enemies all wanting to belittle him has now shed itself free, able to be appreciated for what it was always meant to be.[break][break]

an intimate name used only by the people closest to him; a name now able to be cherished because of .[break][break]

"you're going to laugh at me, but yes."[break][break]

he chuckles.[break][break]

"not all of it, of course. i didn't think you'd try to throw me into mount chimney."

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 4:54:55 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You deserved it," she said unapologetically, rolling over to face him. This was a mistake. She couldn't avoid the happiness that radiated from him like this, and the confusion from it off-set the edge in her reply. "You hurt me first."[break][break]

She shoved him then, but it was a more playful and performative gesture than anything else. It lacked the forcefulness he'd remember from that day. Both of them had been far too willing to kill one other, and she knew in her hearts of hearts that this sort of instinct didn't just vanish and go away.[break][break]

"But maybe we prefer hurting each other," she added, and a begrudging smile of sorts followed that wry concession. "That was the most honest either of us had ever been."[break][break]

She'd felt so alive as she'd hurled him towards the lava. It was the first time she'd truly let the mask she'd worn in Hoenn fall; of everyone in the League, that facade had cracked for him first.[break][break]

He'd unearthed the part of her that Wo-chien would drag out later.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,256 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 5:06:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"that i did. my apologies."[break][break]

's playful shove draws a chuckle from him.[break][break]

"i look back on it quite fondly, believe it or not."[break][break]

fondly and often, as though that's where his mind wanders on the daily whenever he has the time and mental capacity to. when he's not being bogged down by the million other thoughts he has.[break][break]

"it's like you said. that was probably the most honest we'd been. we shed our masks and just became who we truly are."[break][break]

they were unapologetically themselves.[break][break]

"it was the day i fell for you."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 5:24:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

If she were anyone else, she supposed that moment in Mt. Chimney would have horrified her into avoiding him forevermore.[break][break]

She couldn't call it a fond memory, no, not when she'd been disgusted by him so thoroughly -- but there had been a self-satisfaction to it that she couldn't deny, an affirmation that her silent suspicion of all men remained justified.[break][break]

"You're a monster, just like I knew you were," that part of her had crowed with cruel glee. "You're selfish and cruel, just like every man who pretends he isn't."[break][break]

That side of him she understood. That side of him she even found relieving, for it was comforting to have her expectations met.[break][break]

When he chuckled and spoke of her with such fondness, she held far less surety. The flawed cracks in her own perception of him revealed themselves in those moments, like fragments of glass left invisible until a passing ray of sunlight illuminated them for all to see.[break][break]

Was his perception of her as flawed? It had to be, or he wouldn't love her so foolishly.[break][break]

It had to be, or else he'd understand what the gift she'd handed him really meant.[break][break]

"I don't know what that says about you," she admitted, and it was hard to know if she was talking about what he'd said or where her thoughts had drifted now. "You seem to enjoy punishing yourself."[break][break]

She lacked the self-awareness to realize she did the same.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,256 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 5:39:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the meaning of the gift offered to him is simple. it has to be, otherwise he'd run the risk of delving too deep into suspicions and doubts that would only end badly. assuming the simplest reason saves him that possibility and pain.[break][break]

the RED SHARD sits comfortably in the pocket of his pants on the floor of the hotel room. for such a prized possession, he treats it the same way he would any other thing he values.[break][break]

"you say that like you aren't the same. why else would you be here now?"[break][break]

he clicks his tongue, quick to follow with his observations that he has long considered as facts.[break][break]

"oh, right. becuase you love me."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 6:06:54 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"If you say so," she replied, shrugging off his assumption. Hearing him speak for her like this no longer brought about the same dizzying spiral of terror and indignation it used to. Repeated exposure had lessened its power over her.[break][break]

She'd become comfortable with the existence of his delusion even, like a parent who'd finally resigned themselves to coexisting with the mangy Poochyena their child had smuggled into the house.[break][break]

He'd just ransacked her peace of mind, instead of her home. Though he'd ransacked that, too.[break][break]

"It'd be easier if I didn't care about you at all," she complained quietly, seeming unaware that she'd slipped up and revealed that truth aloud.[break][break]

She envied others their ability to be unfeeling.[break][break]

She envied the version of herself that had never learned to empathize with Matias in the first place.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,256 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 6:49:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"it would be, wouldn't it? but here we are."[break][break]

together in the same bed feeding off each other's warmth and presence all in the name of love when the truth is far more complicated. guilt keeps her tethered the same way loneliness tethers him.[break][break]

he breathes out a sigh, content as he shifts closer to , drawn like a venomoth to flame blissfully unaware of what awaits him.[break][break]

"will you stay the night?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 15:01:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Do you think that's a good idea?" she said doubtfully, unable to piece together her counterargument as he pulled her closer to him. The mixed signals between her mind and her body complicated her own response, and she bit her lip, silently at war with herself.[break][break]

Until now, she hadn't ever remained with him the entire night. She'd known better. She'd understood the dangerous implications that staying would give him.[break][break]

That proverbial line in the sand reminded them both this wasn't true intimacy. It reminded her that they were only two people making use of one another emotionally and physically. She compartmentalized and defined those boundaries between them clearly, tidily keeping their lives separate and apart.[break][break]

This was for his own good as much as hers.[break][break]

Hope was a cruel thing to give someone, like taunting a man dying of thirst by dangling water just out of reach. Denying him what he wanted altogether was a kinder thing.[break][break]

"I won't leave, Matty," she finally decided, absolving herself of all responsibility, "if you don't want me to."[break][break]

If she were to be honest with herself, she'd never been kind to him.[break][break]

Not at the start of this strange journey, and not here either, while facing its untimely end.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,256 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 15:10:43 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

since when have they ever followed through on good ideas? all of their encounters and all of their decisions have been based on impulse and intuition. he has never considered the very probable fallout of their relationship.[break][break]

because in his mind, this will never end. they will persist and survive and live out the rest of their lives surrounded by lush forests and an evergreen sun.[break][break]

"i don't want you to leave."[break][break]

he answers truthfully with a shake of his head. he looks in her eyes, almost pleading but not quite.[break][break]

"stay with me."[break][break]

don't leave me again.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 15:35:49 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Then I'll stay."[break][break]

Was it cowardice that made her lie to his face so easily?[break][break]

Her fingers gently traced over the contours of his face, memorizing its features with the knowledge that this might be the last time she ever had the opportunity to really know him. An inexplicable sorrow gripped her at this, the kind of sorrow that came with all endings, even though this was the ending she had wanted, asked for, and always secretly desired from him.[break][break]

She preferred this though, being the one who decided how something ended. She'd been discarded the once and the pain of that rejection and betrayal had almost killed her; far better to be the one with the knife than the one stabbed in the back, she'd reasoned. Who would ever choose to play the part of Samson over Delilah?[break][break]

For a moment, she closed her eyes and dared to imagine the future he wanted for them. The evergreen lush forests. The eternally burning sun. She tried to imagine a world where she loved him the way he wanted to be loved, instead of the twisted and warped way she understood that emotion.[break][break]

Could she ever be happy in a life like that? Could she ever be content?[break][break]

In her mind's eye, the sun turned into a sickly, green thing that polluted the sky. The earth shriveled up like dust; the lush forests withered and rotted; the soft-spoken words between them turned into an exchange of blows, love reverting to violence as the two of them returned to the start of this vicious and unnatural cycle between them.[break][break]

And yet, weren't some cycles meant to be broken? Someone important had told her that, once. Someone contemptuously wiser than she'd ever been.[break][break]

She blinked that hazy and impossible future away, having dwelled upon it longer than she should have.[break][break]

"Matty?"[break][break]

Her voice came out timorous and small, frightened by its own daring.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,256 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 15:42:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

stay—stay the night and when the sun rises over the horizon come morning, he will know that what they have is real, and that the future that awaits them is tangible and within his reach.[break][break]

but for as long as he holds on to what he has spent his entire life fighting for, it will always be out of reach. she will be out of reach. to make this work, he has to forsake control.[break][break]

which he does almost too easily, eyes fluttering shut under her touch only to open again at the mere sound of her voice; how easy she makes it.[break][break]

his eyes open to the woman he loves,[break][break]

"elisa."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 16:01:53 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She hated the way he smiled at her, seeing her as some precious and cherished person that she didn't deserve to be. She hated how he looked at her like she was the sun or some other life-giving thing, instead of the poisonous snake he'd let slither into his bed.[break][break]

"Don't trust me," her eyes wanted to say.[break][break]

"You should kill me now while you can," the nagging guilt wanted to confess.[break][break]

"I warned you this would happen. I warned you it wouldn't end the way you wanted this to," all of her wanted to scream at the top of her lungs.[break][break]

"I told you all I do is hurt people. Whatever happens next isn't my fault."[break][break]

"It's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my--"[break][break]

Her voice faltered then as she swallowed all these protests back, burying them down, down, into some dark and fathomless place where they could fester and decay. When she managed to meet his gaze again, she resolved against doing what was right, knowing she had to do what was necessary.[break][break]

Encircling his face in her hands, she kissed him slowly and tenderly -- the way she'd first kissed him on Mt. Chimney of her own accord, apologizing for sins she'd known even then that she'd commit against him.[break][break]

"You weren't wrong about everything," she promised him instead as she buried herself in his embrace, running away from her conscience the way she ran from everything else in her life. She knew she'd run from the wreckage she'd make of him, too. "I just... wanted you to know that."[break][break]

It didn't matter, of course. It never mattered.[break][break]

She understood this only made her betrayal a greater cruelty, a deeper and more complicated wound.[break][break]

People who were kind to you hurt you most of all.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,256 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 4:02:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the boyish vigor in him persists through her tender embrace, its integrity yet to be compromised even as her words chip away with every inflection, every rise and fall that mirrors their changing dynamic.[break][break]

has not been this kind to him. at least, not to the point where it feels as though she's making up for something; what exactly, he ignores the best he can.[break][break]

a kiss and an embrace returned, he gently shakes his head before placing a kiss on her head, being kind to someone perhaps undeserving.[break][break]

"of course not. i'm never wrong."[break][break]

ignoring all the red flags before him, he pushes them all away with a sigh.[break][break]

"but thanks."[break][break]

his eyes close as sleep approaches.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,570 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 5:35:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

As Matias held her in the quiet hours of night, she marveled that he could feel so safe with her. It wasn't until now that she finally understood how simple he was.[break][break]

Her own mind remained far, far too alert, keenly vigilant, and aware of her own vulnerability like this. To let herself fall asleep here was to invite him to reveal his true intentions the moment she let herself enter the realm of the dreaming.[break][break]

The opposite was surely true as well, and yet, he had drifted into slumber as easily as a child might. No paranoia about her intentions kept him awake at this late hour.[break][break]

So there it was then, the unavoidable truth made plain: He trusted her. He hadn't lied after all.[break][break]

He loved her.[break][break]

"I don't understand why you did that," she heard herself whisper, and perhaps he'd hear this confession in his distant dreams, or it'd be a thought that drowned itself in darkness. "I don't know why you gave me the power to hurt you."[break][break]

It was why she knew better than to love him back. Love was cruel, in that way.[break][break]

She couldn't say how many minutes and hours went by trapped in his embrace, while her tired mind raged against rest. Half-lidded eyes kept sight of the sea beyond the window, watching as moonbeams danced and rippled on the water. She ached to sleep, yearning to shut off all her thoughts as she attempted to count each wave that passed beneath the waning moon.[break][break]

Time nonetheless passed in a slow, punishing crawl.[break][break]

You could never pinpoint the moment that the night shifted into morning. She'd thought as a child that perhaps you could blink and miss the single instant that daylight sleepily broke over the horizon. Change, though, always came slowly. The sky awakened with one brushstroke of color at a time, banishing the shadows of the night as each star faded out, one by one.[break][break]

Only when the golden dawn cast its full light over the water did she feel herself surrender to slumber, accepting the peace of him when it was far too late to matter.[break][break]

He'd awaken to find her sound asleep in his arms, as if she'd never been afraid of him at all.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

shadowmod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,673 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 22:02:25 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: