Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:28:37 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

His hand extended towards her in offering, and her own hovered over it uncertainly as she glanced up at him. Moments like this, he seemed a far cry from the terrifying presence of lava and brimstone that had tried to threaten her into loving him.[break][break]

He seemed young and boyish now instead: harmless and excitable as he smiled down at a woman he wanted to impress.[break][break]

"If that's what you want."[break][break]

She gingerly accepted this Matias's hand, pretending not to know those two men were one and the same.[break][break]

Someone was playing music. She didn't know who, she didn't know where, but the unmistakable sound of some distant melody was singing upon the sea breeze as they walked hand-in-hand. A live band must have struck up at the restaurant, she determined faintly, and she couldn't remember the last time she'd been at an establishment that indulged in things of that nature.[break][break]

A strange tension gripped her the longer they walked in silence, and her mind spun as it worked around the impossible conundrum of what she had yet to do -- at the gift that the 'right moment' had not allowed for giving.[break][break]

"Matias," she started to say, but then her words drifted off like a receding wave.[break][break]

Were they remote enough to avoid collateral damage? If she handed the Red Shard to him now, would all of Lilycove be at risk for his greed?[break][break]

More importantly, did it matter?

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:32:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

in the quiet of the night, shadowed by the moonlight, he finds his mind at ease, thoughts and feelings narrowed down into something far more simple yet rare.[break][break]

he does not think of all that awaits him in the coming future. he does not think of all the wrongs and rights he has been met with. he does not think of his patron nor its desires.[break][break]

he thinks solely of, "elisa."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:42:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Elisa." The intimacy of that childhood name startled her. She shouldn't have given him permission to call her that.[break][break]

The further they walked on the shore, the harder it was to lean into the casual banter from before, and the more difficult it was to pretend she wasn't committing the evil that she had sworn to commit.[break][break]

This was where the pretending inevitably failed her.[break][break]

This was where the guilt set in, during those wasted moments spent agonizing and wringing her hands with indecision. How many years had she wasted in such a manner, before she'd killed the man who'd made her into this monster?[break][break]

"We always wanted to use one another, didn't we?" she started, a hand nervously threading through her long blonde hair. "Since you discovered what I was, that day in the Petalburg Woods. Even I think when you first pursued me."[break][break]

That was right, of course that was right. He'd thought she could give him access to some grandiose future of power and control, hadn't he? Macro Cosmos had given him a glimpse of such a thing.[break][break]

It had been absurd to her when he'd confessed as much on Mt. Chimney; that he'd still wanted to pursue that dream later, when Wo-chien had claimed her, seemed all the more absurd after.[break][break]

"You wanted something from me. You always have."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:18:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i guess it started out that way, sure."[break][break]

there's no denying the foundation they now stand upon was built with the sole purpose of acquiring this made-up future of team flare he'd been fed through a video game. that was the whole reason why he sought her out in her cottage in the first place. but to say that his desires then and now are still the same would be grossly incorrect.[break][break]

makes statements that feel as though they lead to an inevitable point she continues to skirt around.[break][break]

"mhm. i've always wanted your company."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:30:54 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

So he even admitted it. They'd been manipulating one another since the beginning.[break][break]

Inexplicable relief washed over her at this, and a genuine smile rose unbidden at uncovering this path to her eventual destination.[break][break]

He'd said that ridiculous reasoning before, that he'd wanted 'her company,' but she knew better of course. There were hundreds of women in Hoenn who offered better company than hers, who laughed at men's jokes and who were welcome among their friends and family. She was none of those things. She was rarely even pleasant to him, truth be told.[break][break]

She knew better than to delude herself into believing that lie.[break][break]

No, Elisabeth still remembered what he'd truly wanted -- what he'd desired from her more than anything else -- and she pulled his arm ever-so-gently to remind of that fact. This simple gesture arrested them both for a frozen moment beneath the moonlight, and she was reminded not for the first time how absurdly tall he was, looming over her like something far too powerful for her to ever topple.[break][break]

Her heartbeat pounded so fast and so hard in her chest, she feared it might drown out all the words she spoke to him now.[break][break]

"You don't have to lie to me anymore," she said softly, and this was the kindness she promised herself she'd give him before she struck him with the knife destined to plunge into his back. "You don't have to pretend to enjoy nights like this one, and you don't have to endure my company again. You can be free of me, and all the trouble I've caused you."[break][break]

When she unveiled the Red Shard that had given her, the false jewel trembled in her shaking hands.[break][break]

"I brought it like you asked. The Red Shard. Our business with one another is concluded."[break][break]

She couldn't look at him.[break][break]

She could barely even breathe, for fear of what might happen next.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:45:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"...?"[break][break]

words catch in his throat, suffocated by the mere sight of the very object he has fought so hard to acquire. somewhere along the way, he realized it was never truly what he wanted, and so that desire faded a little, replaced by other distractions that took the form of and the love he so proclaimed to have for her.[break][break]

but with the RED SHARD now presented to him, he feels it all rushing back to him in an overwhelming torrent that almost drowns him.[break][break]

"what?"[break][break]

a myriad of questions crash over him, pushing and pulling as he struggles to understand what is presented before him. for mere splits of a second, his eyes mirror the same crimson of the shard as he slowly reaches out for it.[break][break]

with the RED SHARD finally in his grasp, what use does he have for ?[break][break]

"how..."[break][break]

his gaze is affixed to the shard.[break][break]

"how long have you had this?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:51:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Awhile," she admitted quietly, still refusing to look at him. The trembling in her hands had stopped, though.[break][break]

It would be a lie to say she wasn't relieved at this turn of events.[break][break]

If he was angry now, maybe that was good then. Maybe she could prepare to defend herself before whatever inevitably happened, happened. If he became some horrifying, primal version of himself, or if Groudon thrashed about as wildly as Kyogre had that time they'd faced it together, she'd have some shred of preparation ready.[break][break]

Should she release a Pokemon now, or later? Would it be wise to antagonize him if he was already angry, and get this all over with?[break][break]

"I didn't know the right moment to give it to you. But this felt like the right one."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 6:57:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"awhile," he thrums, his voice suddenly guttural as he considers how has had the RED SHARD all this time. is that why she's been so nice to him? why she even indulged this evening to begin with? no, that wouldn't make sense. is it guilt, then? no, it has to be care.[break][break]

it has to be love.[break][break]

his hand collapses around the RED SHARD along with his eyes. he peers into the darkness and only sees the bubbling red of lava so hot and volatile it could consume the entire world only for a new one to regrow in his image.[break][break]

when his eyes open again, they fall on .[break][break]

"i love you," he says with absolute certainty. this gift she has bestowed upon him is what seals it.[break][break]

the RED SHARD is pocketed.[break][break]

"thank you, elisa."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 7:15:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"...What?"[break][break]

Everything suddenly had the slow-moving quality of a dream as he declared his love for her, sworn with a chilling passion that struck terror into the darkest depths of her soul.[break][break]

The intensity of his confession snapped her out of her down-cast reverie, pulling her gaze up to face him with wide-eyed fear and confusion. How had he dismissed the Red Shard he'd yearned for so quickly and readily? It baffled her that he'd chosen to profess her worth after she'd expended the last of her value to him.[break][break]

Why, then? Why was he still pretending?[break][break]

She'd never believed him before when he'd lied to her like this -- that he 'loved' her. She'd thought he believed himself, of course, but that he hadn't meant it, not really.[break][break]

Matias didn't love her in any meaningful way, but only loved her in the way you loved something that was convenient and enjoyable to have. People could 'love' many things meaninglessly, including other people.[break][break]

Except this time, a sinking dread revealed an unwanted truth with terrible clarity: she believed him.[break][break]

He loved her. He misunderstood her so completely, he'd fallen in love with her as a result.[break][break]

"Why deny yourself of it now?" she confronted him, breaking through the shock that had rendered her speechless. "I thought this was what you wanted? Why... why are you still waiting?"[break][break]

Of all the possibilities she'd expected, this hadn't ever once come to mind.[break][break]

"Don't you understand? You don't need me anymore."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 3:17:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

with the RED SHARD gleaming with power in the safe sanctity of his pocket, what use does he have for now? in her words, she's given him exactly what he wants, so why stick around?[break][break]

"are you stupid or are you just that stubborn?"[break][break]

somehow, he says that lovingly.[break][break]

"i told you. this was what i wanted from you at the start, sure, but that changed somewhere along the way."[break][break]

he rolls his eyes and sighs.[break][break]

"i fell for you, my florist, and now you're stuck with me."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 5:31:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

What now, then? What now? She'd been prepared for anything but this.[break][break]

She stood paralyzed with indecision, a half-dozen voices competing for her next action. Run, one said, the voice she relied upon the most of the cacophony that screamed inside her mind. It was the voice that had driven her out of Kalos into Hoenn, burying the sins of her past in the roses and rot. Get as far away from him as you can, and let this all be behind you.[break][break]

Although she couldn't do that. To do that would make him suspicious of what she'd just given him, rendering all this grueling effort pointless. She couldn't risk that.[break][break]

Specifically, she couldn't risk angering . So no, running was not an option.[break][break]

Reject him, another familiar, sneering voice hissed in the back of her mind. This was the voice that had gleefully shattered wine glasses to scandalize her husband at his galas and had torrid affairs to shame him; this was the voice that had befriended the Ruinous Beast that every other part of her reviled, bound together by a pact made in blood. He seems to even enjoy it, so why not stomp on his ego? Why not remind him all this was between you was always a transaction? Put him back in his place.[break][break]

But that behavior wouldn't match the actions she'd taken here, either. It'd be inconsistent, and for all that she often underestimated him, he was more cunning than she wanted to admit.[break][break]

She waited for some better, ancient wisdom to reveal itself to her, surfacing from the murk of her thoughts like salvation. Instead, this was a quiet voice, one she often turned to on lonely nights that stung with resignation and regret.[break][break]

You can just keep pretending, that defeated voice said, and it had a meekness to it that she didn't want to examine too closely. Isn't it nicer when we pretend, anyway? Isn't it nice, to feel loved for a little while?[break][break]

Don't we like to be fooled?[break][break]

"Is this what you want?" she said then, and this time, the voice was decidedly her own. Everything else in her mind went mercifully silent, as if those voices were each forced into the submission of an unseen observer, unable to stop her from whatever actions she might take next.[break][break]

She let her hand stray to his cheek, her thumb gently brushing across his lower lip, as she once again held his gaze. An emotion she couldn't explain, but that glimmered with something akin to pity and misunderstanding, reflected in her emerald eyes.[break][break]

"Is this all you have left to ask of me?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 9:12:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

where she tries to convey pity and understanding, all he sees is love, misguided and foolish as he is on his quest to find a companion. it's too easy to give in to the desire to lean into her touch, to accept her at face value and to not look too far into the whys.[break][break]

gifted him the RED SHARD because she loves him and wants him to succeed. simple as that. simple as the nod of his head and the reply he voices.[break][break]

"it is."[break][break]

he gently kisses her thumb.[break][break]

"i want nothing else from you but you."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 17:49:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Watching this unfold was like peering down at the precipice of some monstrous, terrible chasm, unable to stop herself from being prodded towards an inevitable fall towards rocks and ruin.[break][break]

A shiver ran up her skin in uneasy anticipation of what would happen next -- what had to happen next -- in this script she'd written for herself to survive.[break][break]

He'll kill you for this, a secret voice whispered, riddled with fear, if that Red Shard doesn't kill him first. He'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth for this betrayal. Love festers into resentment, not indifference. You know that.[break][break]

Yet Elisabeth could still sense her mind slowly disconnecting from her body, like a spool of unraveling thread. That last warning vanished as quietly as a light dimming in the distance, until it finally snuffed out in darkness. She watched another woman step forward to perform this part she was terrified to play, puppeteering her into being the actress that all of Kalos and now Hoenn believed her to be.[break][break]

Matias would feel the touch of that woman's hands running through his hair, loving in their tender caress. He'd breathe in the scent of her as her body pressed flush against his, their proximity too intimate to hide their mutual intention. He'd hear the words she said next before the softness of her lips brushed against his, bestowing this last cruelty upon him that masqueraded as kindness.[break][break]

"I wish you'd asked for something else," she murmured, "but if you want me, Matias, then tonight you can have me."[break][break]

She betrayed him with a kiss, the way she'd betrayed him and so many men before.[break][break]

It was the way she betrayed herself most of all.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,265 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 5:09:02 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

just tonight?[break][break]

the question hangs on the tip of his tongue only to be silenced by 's kiss, one that spills kindness and love in ways he has yet to receive from her.[break][break]

this is the tipping point, he realizes. the make or break that decides the integrity of their future together. if he were to look into the distance, he'd see the glistening sun rising over the horizon, casting golden, orange rays that paint the perfect picture of team flare.[break][break]

his future.[break][break]

their future.[break][break]

some time passes before he's breathing out her name in the intimacy of their hotel room that overlooks the rolling seas of lilycove.[break][break]

"elisa."[break][break]

his thumb caresses her cheek.[break][break]

"did you ever think we'd end up here?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE LAST SUNSET
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 6:01:11 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Matty?" she answered him, exchanging the intimacy of one name for another.[break][break]

She shifted closer to him, finding herself more comfortable than she wanted to admit curled against the warmth of his body, while simultaneously too tired to question why.[break][break]

This sort of thing had become an escape for her.[break][break]

Her limbs felt heavier than they ought to be, weighed down by her own selfish desire for rest and comfort. She'd already promised herself she wouldn't run from this, but quietly, she was glad she hadn't for other reasons.[break][break]

Being so aware of her body relieved her mind of the exhausting vigilance that otherwise dictated her every waking moment. Deciding to be vulnerable like this was permission to cease thinking, for a little while.[break][break]

"I don't think I'm very good at predicting things," she said, eyes closed, as their breathing synced in its rhythm. It was a sound that hinted at contentment, not exertion.[break][break]

She swore the waves outside likewise synced with them, rising and falling in tandem with each sigh.[break][break]

"Why?" she asked him, a slight but not unwelcome shiver running through her as his thumb grazed her cheek. "Did you?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]