[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]
CONTINUED FROM SOW THE DRAGON'S TEETH (RIGHTWARD)[break][break]

&[break][break]

WHO'S READY FOR TOMORROW?[break][break]

[attr="class","icon-dragon"]
[break]

He's a tattered, bloody mess. It hadn't been but more than an hour or so since they'd fought WHITE KYUREM and HOOPA. Since he'd nearly been eaten alive by the former. One look around the LEAGUE ENCAMPMENT here in the SILENT ICELANDS, however, was all Remiel needed to reassure himself that he wasn't the only one who looked haggard.[break][break]

The nurse corps had done what they could to patch up the injury had inflicted on his left arm with plenty of gauze bandages. They'd even assigned him a SINISTCHA to follow him around in place of an IV stand, sprinkling that arm with intermittent drops of LIFE DEW to minimize the pain. This meant, of course, that his left arm was now sopping wet upon entering the large war tent he'd been summoned to.[break][break]

wasn't sure why he'd been summoned here yet. But the embarrassment of his dripping arm and the tattered long coat he wore was lessened when he saw standing there beside at the side of a round table. "Hey there. Something the matter?" He inquires as the cloth flaps he'd shifted aside to enter close up again behind him.[break][break]

Had he done something wrong? Was this about the enraged state he had briefly entered with ZEKROM? Or, perhaps, they thought he'd conspired with TEAM ROCKET to steal the LIGHT STONE?[break][break]

He was dying to know.
[break]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON ♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 8:32:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

War ravaged the councilwoman as thoroughly as any. Crimson ate away at her skin, darkening the edges of her cheeks, the tears at her arms and legs. The only sign of composure was that of the pristine outfit she'd haphazardly flung on moments before the meeting - it was a size too big, but given the last-second nature of her request, there was no room for complaints.
[break][break]

"Since this is your prerogative," She hissed, voice low enough to be contained, "you can take lead."
[break][break]

Even when Remiel arrived, remnants of the battlefield still clung to her nerves, keeping stoicism a challenge. Still, she rose to meet it, keeping her lips angled and her eyes sharp. "Calcifet, glad to see you made it out in one piece."
[break][break]

With her right hand, she gestured for him to approach.
[break][break]

"If it weren't for you and Zekrom, today's outcome would look a lot different."
[break][break]

and yet you still lost us the light stone.
[break][break]

"Which is why we," Ollie "Wanted to have a quick chat."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 5:35:25 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollietop"]
[attr="class","littleollie"] Shortly after the battle, they receive the news. With only basic first aid administered, he and make their way to the other League encampment tent. The taller of the two clutches a certain manila folder under his arm as he limps along beside her.

[break][break] His usual Head Ranger jacket is shed, draped across the Councilwoman's shoulders,accenuanting the burns marking his skin from the recent battle — a poignant reminder of his willingness to burn for her, and her alone.

[break][break] Her words, striking the cold air akin to that of a burning kindle, draw his emerald-green gaze towards her.

[break][break] "Wanting me to take the lead?" he teases, bemused. "You must be tired, Penny. That's not like you."

[break][break] But he knows just as well as her, that isn't the case. She's right, after all. It is his prerogative. It has been, ever since she helped him ascend to his seat. As Head Ranger, it's his responsibility. He reflects on 's praise from days before disaster struck, recalling the appreciative way she'd looked at him as the new year had dawned. Who could have thought that a literal dragon would usher in the new year with such unprecedented chaos?

[break][break] Maybe she'd known then, too, what would transpire.

[break][break] "Remy!" he greeted warmly, his own voice charred from disuse. "Glad to see you're all in one piece."

[break][break] His own demeanor a striking contrast to the burning ember at his side.

[break][break] Nodding briefly toward Penny when she gave him the stage, the Head Ranger limped forward. He put the manila folder on the table, but pressed his fingers against it, not quite offering it.

[break][break] "How's Zekrom doing? I heard that it took quite a beating in the fight."

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 65px 50px; letter-spacing:0.4px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(0%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 6:25:23 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

"Thank you, councilwoman, but we lost the LIGHT STONE to TEAM ROCKET," Remiel responds to almost immediately. His eyes are firm and unblinking. The seriousness that dwells within them seems to tint them more steel-grey than blue before his burning curiosity gets the better of him. "Is this what we've gathered to talk about?" He inquires, noting the HEAD RANGER's jacket draped across her shoulders (and its implication) before turning to next.[break][break]

Though others might find such a thing questionable, the royal didn't consider it any of his business. Instead, he is somewhat startled to find himself wishing was taking this as seriously (as passionately) as his counterpart. Perhaps it was the pain in his arm talking, or lingering effects from Jayden's HATRED, but the warm greeting and casual tinge to his talk slightly annoyed Remiel.[break][break]

"He'll live," He responds, taking a step forward before leaning on one of the firmly planted tent poles. Just like the councilwoman, the former AMBASSADOR makes sure to keep the furrowing of his brow muted before he looks down at the manila folder with a pointed nod. "What's this?"[break][break]

The longer they entertained this conversational foreplay, the less time they gave themselves to formulate a plan and rescue the LIGHT STONE from the clutches of his former organization.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 7:02:47 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollietop"]
[attr="class","littleollie"] If Ollie notices the slight tinge of HATRED flowing through his fellow ranger, he does not make comment on it. After all, his reputation in the League for being it's light, the glowing beacon of optimism that he shares only with , is not for no reason.

[break][break] "We'll get to this in a minute," he says, not quite yet ready to give over the paperwork.

[break][break] He's more interested in what has to say about the LIGHT STONE.

[break][break] "What exactly happened with the Light Stone?" A pause. "As you're aware, Penny and I were fighting against Rockets on the ground when all that went down." He grimaces when he thinks about and . His jaw still feels sore from where the latter struck him. His burns are entirely visible too.

[break][break] He huffs out a sigh, then flashes a smile.

[break][break] "I wanted to give you my personal thanks, as well. In the name of the rangers, you've done a lot."

[break][break] "And of course, speaking as a friend, I'm definitely glad to have you on our side now."

[break][break] "Anything we can do to help, I'm more than happy to provide."

[break][break] Did he mean in regards to getting the LIGHT STONE back?

[break][break] Or did he mean something else?

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littleollie"]--accent:#FFB546; } .littleollie { font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 65px 50px; letter-spacing:0.4px!important} .littleollie b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littleollie i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .littleollie u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littleollie .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littleollie .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase; } .littleollie img { filter:grayscale(0%); } .littleollie { border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px!important;} .littleollie .title { text-align:right; margin-bottom:20px; } .littleollie .title b { border-bottom:1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ollietop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 1:15:58 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

The contents of the manila folder will have to wait. Eager to find out what this was all about, the EX-ADMIN frowns a little. Though mention of the LIGHT STONE gives him cause to perk up again.[break][break]

He nods, setting his eyes on the large war map covering the table in front of them as he begins to explain. "ZEKROM and I flew up to secure the area around WHITE KYUREM and prepare for RESHIRAM's extraction. In the process of doing so, we were targeted by several high-ranking TEAM ROCKET agents: ADMIN and UNDERBOSS among them."[break][break]

There's a brief pause; the space where an explanation of ZEKROM's (and his) rampage might have gone. Instead, he categorizes that event as inessential before continuing with the surface-level facts instead. "Without backup, there was little ZEKROM and I could do but hold them off while one of theirs positioned herself to grab the LIGHT STONE when it appeared."[break][break]

The despicable GRANNY.[break][break]

What kind of world did she expect TEAM ROCKET to leave for her grandchildren?
[break]

The mere thought of her annoys him to no end. With a deep breath and a sigh, however, he returns his attention to the HEAD RANGER. And Ollie's expression of gratitude is appreciated, of course. Remiel says as much with a short nod. Though he can't help but wonder why has remained oh so quiet this whole time.[break][break]

"All I want right now is to retrieve the LIGHT STONE from their hands before they do something stupid and dangerous with it," The exiled royal answers as he gently pushes himself off the pole he's been leaning on. Taking a few steps forward to approach the table, Remiel eyes the manila folder again before continuing.[break][break]

"Niceties aside: am I being reprimanded for not having retrieved it?" He asks matter-of-factly, targeting the councilwoman with his gaze next. "Is that why HOENN's accountability officer stands here? I haven't broken our agreement."[break][break]

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights