Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
AREA ZERO EXCURSION D - Shred/Howard v. Penelope/Illeana
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 20:43:58 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The two stood in a large cavern with a domed ceiling.

There was no sun to shine down on them, no artificial lights to guide them, and there was no enhanced vision to let them brave Area Zero's darkness. Yet it was unneeded with the Tera Crystals gleaming down on them, as innumerous as the stars in the night sky. With the crystals there, it was like Howard was outside, breathing clean air and looking up at the sky.

Yet they were not above ground. They were deep in the bowels of the earth, mining away at this area's lifeblood and exploring as much of this new cave system as possible. With all the ore, wild Pokémon, and hints of Legendary activity, this was sure to become a hotspot between Rocket and the League.

"We can still run back, you know. We could let and handle this." Howard's voice was small from within his helmet. Earlier, they had received a call of several grunts being wiped out. As the two highest ranking Rockets in the area, Howard and Shred would have to intercept.

Yet Howard had a feeling that this was a terrible mistake. Even a grunt could recognize a member of the council and Palkia's chosen.

It'd be another one-sided fight.

"Shred." Howard's voice rang out again as he stared at the other side of the cave, waiting for the two to emerge. "We can get out of here."

It wasn't too late.

Vh9qNETk

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
716 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 9:08:31 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"You can't stop me."

He never could. Nobody ever could. No words could change your mind. No action could sway your heart. Even if Arceus himself descended from the heavens and commanded you to halt, it wouldn't stop you. Not after what they've done to you.

They're here. Both of them. Palkia's chosen and that bitch of a councilwoman, they're within your reach. Revenge is within your reach. And this time? This time, there's no flock of League sheep to interfere in your business. Your burns ache in anticipation. There's nobody here but you and them. Nowhere to run but to death. Nothing left to do but get even.

You couldn't have imagined a better situation. Everything is perfect. There's just one last thing you need to do.

"Get out of here, Howard." You dismiss him without even sparing him a glance. It's not a decision you make lightly. Unfortunately, however, it is the right one. "I can't win this if you're here. You're dead weight. You'll just get in my way... So, go. Now."

vh1DYUuI
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 20:50:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the cave's mouth opens up to allow further passage into area zero, her levels of patience dwindle. reports of rockets scattered around the vicinity like pesky creatures you can't manage to get rid of have been flooding in since they arrived.

and while she expected this level of interference, could things ever not be simple and without conflict?

she'd prefer to collect her samples and go, personally, but rocket would never allow it. each new discovery comes with a fight or twelve and before, she had been easy pickings for their hierarchy but now? there's a challenge issued to the way she drives forward, as if daring them to try.

"let's make it quick."

her eyes slide briefly over to , almost ignoring the task up ahead in the form of two familiar rocket faces.

palkia's tail flicks irritably at her side and despite herself, the alchemist nearly snarls as the figures fully come into view. her eyes flash pink for a moment, in tandem with palkia's, before she steps forward into the darkness...

and a pink blast of spatial energy fires off from her left hand toward where shred and howard stand.

aQhodGjF

az excursion: confrontation.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 5:26:38 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","penelopepog"]
[attr="class","body"]
Samples were the least of her concerns. With rockets infesting the cavern like rats, there was almost a 100% guarantee that any discoveries they'd make, Rocket would mirror. Unless they made it a point to deter any grunt from fulfilling their work. So while the alchemist detested the squabbles riddling their deep dive into Area Zero, The Coveted reveled in them.
[break][break]

Flames from previous encounters continued to lick the tips of her hair as she approached the duo, eyes a pair of burning amber.
[break][break]

"I'd rather not."
[break][break]

These were the men responsible for .
[break][break]

These were the men responsible for aiding an organization that continues to corrupt their ranks, weaponizing sympathy against hearts too open for their profession.
[break][break]

These were the men who would have to finally learn.
[break][break]

If she's on fire, they'll be made of ash, too.
[break][break]

Switching out her Pokemon in seconds, a heatran entered the field, snarling with the same burning jealousy his trainer felt gorging out her moralities with every lash of magma bubbling below her feet.
[break][break]

"Magma Storm."
[break][break]

Heatran stomped on the ground with its forelegs, sending a wave of fire from each of them at their targets. Once the fire reached the area around them, it would become shrouded in a tornado of flames, violence feeding every kick of heat.
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Aliquam malesuada bibendum arcu vitae elementum curabitur vitae nunc sed.[break]
- Leo integer malesuada nunc vel. Consectetur a erat nam at lectus urna duis convallis convallis.[break]
- Sem viverra aliquet eget sit amet tellus cras.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".penelopepog"]--accent:#f74444;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]

GLcxliFM
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 7:21:31 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I cannot." Despite the ominous forthcoming of divine wrath, the archaeologist's solemn demeanor gives away to that of a casual relaxation. "You cannot stop me, either. This is my battle, too."

He watches the Palkia and Heatran grow closer. His cape fluttered as he remembered rage. Ileana, the woman who had pushed academics further than most. The one bound to a god who would force the weight of the world onto her shoulders.

Hopefully she didn't bend and break before this was all over.

"You say I'm dead weight. You're dead without my help." Howard smiled from beneath his gleaming helmet. "We didn't bring you back so you could die. We fight together."

A tall order, given the foes they were fighting. Two Avatars versus none. Luckily, being chosen didn't necessarily make you strong in a fight, right? All it meant was that they had to keep a healthy distance, and keep each other covered. Palkia's chosen had likely bestowed spacial abilities unto its chosen mortal, but still...

They'd win this time. They'd draw even, at least.

"Here they come!" Howard shouted as a Magma Storm swirled their way. Shred would need to carry their offense here. "Light Screen!"

A glimmering veil appeared over Howard's Sigilyth and Shred's Pokemon. It was a barrier that would temper the might of Heatran and Palkia.

"Shit!" Howard dodged the pink energy blast narrowly, eye watching it as he did so. As it flew past, Howard pointed at Illeana. "You missed!"

He was awfully proud of that one dodge.

Sigilyth using Light Screen on Rocket squad
Dodging Illie's fucked up wizard magic hopefully it doesn't bite him in the ass haha

lIaov48M

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 20:35:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]both spatial dragon and avatar, in the end, give in to the most primordial of instincts... rage.

her pink energy blast is dodged and something about it riles her up. the sensation bubbles over as she tries, and fails, to control herself.

"funny."

the fabric of reality around her distorts, then, and after a moment, she rips it clean open to slip through.

she feels control slipping even as she traverses through spatial planes. it had been subtle before - a small little trickle through a barely there crack. now, with retribution on the table and an incessant urge to prove her worth, the crack has widened and more rushes through.

"dodge this."

her voice echoes from somewhere beyond, distorted and foreboding.

and despite herself, despite playing it safe... the alchemist rips herself back into this reality and fires off a spatial rend a few feet away from howard. her body comes out a moment later, emerging from the small spatial rift as if dragging herself out of hell. palkia rushes forward to offer cover, but she leaves herself open, vulnerable, all the same.

3u|cv3M4

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
716 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 23:51:08 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...Fine. But if you get yourself killed, its your own fault."

Despite your best efforts, it seems you can't protect Howard from himself. You really do bring out in the worst in him, don't you? In a different time in a different place, you might've mourned that fact. But that time and that place isn't here and now, because you're staring down two people who bring out the worst in you, too.

Illeana Reyes. Penelope Livy. Even the sight of them is enough to make your blood boil. The ashen taste in your mouth begins to burn. No more waiting. It's time to show them how frightful the monster they made really is.

As the divine blast rushes forth, so too do you, dodging past it as you charge forth in a frenzy. The Magma Storm is a considerably more difficult obstacle, but it'll take more than that to stop you. Tossing out a Pokeball, you send forth your Great Tusk, who immediately curls up within its natural armour and breaks into a Rapid Spin. The Paradox Pokemon effortlessly tears a hole through the roiling lava, which you take the opportunity to slip through before it can be resealed.

It seems that the chosen of Palkia has decided to focus on Howard first. That's more than fine with you. After all, it means you've plenty of time to deal with the empty suit. You take a few steps towards Penelope, standing level with your Great Tusk. Bloodshot eyes glare daggers at her from behind pitch black sunglasses. Bared teeth gnash against one another behind a veil of banadages.

"Are you ready to die, cunt?"

There is no wit to the threat. No second layer, no clever pun, no double meaning. It shares more in common with the roar of a wild beast than anything of the human language.

It's the most honest thing you could ever say to somebody like her.

P0qWFgct
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 7:38:55 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
There is nothing more raw, more honest, than unadulterated envy. With intricate fingers it stripes away at a person, peeling back the layers of their actions, of their thoughts, like plucking petals from a flower, all to reveal the core. The source of their torture. The vortex of their spiraling state.
[break][break]
Penelope felt it. Like a river flooding through her, she could feel its presence, its call, echoing through the chambers of her thoughts with childlike fury. [break][break]

It extended out to her every move, pulsing through the MAGMA STORM that burst all around, swarming and . Even with the LIGHT SHIELD in place, avoiding its maw was near impossible. That was until a RAPID SPIN disrupted the petulant flames, stomping them into the ground, forcing passion into ash.
[break][break]
"Are you ready to die, cunt?"
[break][break]
Hubris sank from his beastly words, soaking into the ground around their feet. It's enough to make The Coveted smile - had they been on the same side, she would've commended such a brazen, yet idiotic approach. In many ways, it spoke volumes of their mirroring scars. The desperation to achieve the near impossible.
[break][break]
It's what her next attack felt so much more deliciously personal.
[break][break]
The first attack came from HEATRAN. Foreshadowing the fate he had chosen for himself, the LAVA DOME pokemon rose its feet again, sending out a spiral of BURNING JEALOUSY to the Giant Tusk who had evaded his original hellfire. Given the rising speed from its RAPID SPIN, this attack wouldn't be content with a simple strike. It aimed to leave its mark on its opponent through imprinting on its skin with a ravenous BURN.
[break][break]
It is only after fire met its mark that she finally answered the ghost's war call, her voice drenched in resentment, "I've faced far worse than some bandages."
[break][break]
Penelope was not .
[break][break]
She held no divinity within her fingers, nor powers to bend and control the world at will. Rather, her power came through the more personal ties between persons. The shared emotions they all felt; the very wells of strength they drew from. And it is through that the Councilwoman flicked her chin, widening her eyes, matching the flash of jade behind, and commanded a stage befitting the protagonist he set to be.
[break][break]

penelope can confer the DECOY battle status on one target at a time.
[break][break]
targets with this status will be preferentially or forcibly attacked by allies and/or enemies. moves that target multiple enemies, such as Ominous Wind (but not moves like Magnitude which target both allies and enemies), will target only the decoy if possible.
[break][break]
those who strike this enemy will receive the BURN condition.
[break][break]
CURRENT TARGET:

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Heatran using BURNING JEALOUSY. Due to rapid spin, this move will be able to leave a burn. [break]
- Penny enacted Decoy status on Shred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".penelopepog b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

eAJcFE62
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 21:04:06 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Penelope Livy thought she was clever.

She was, in fact. All politicians were sly, and the councilwoman who sat at the pinnacle of the League with her two colleagues was no exception. It was her job to root out flaws in Team Rocket and rip them apart, root and stem. A ruthless bitch who wanted them dead burned, with nothing but ashes to bury and salt to ensure not a single flower grew on their graves.

Vile.

Unfortunately, Howard was a historian. He studied the past, and he knew what happened last time he raised a sword against Penelope Livy. He would learn from that mistake. It was up to historians to learn from the past to make a brighter tomorrow, and it was time that he applied that to himself.

The Hyper Beam flashed before his eyes. Screaming pounded in his ears. Not this time. He would help, not harm. Until he absolutely had to, he would not fight. He would only support.

Like now.

"Beast, get ready!" Howard barked as his Sigilyth soared upward and began to flap its wings as it summoned a Whirlwind. Blasting back Palkia or Heatran would've been nice, but the Sigilyth found itself focused on Shred and his Great Tusk.

Flames were fanned as the Great Tusk rolled off course, crashing into a wall while Shred faced the windy storm alone. A vast improvement over a Hyper Beam to the face.

"What the...?"

As Illeana tore through reality, Howard found himself peering at the pink gash several feet ahead. It took him a few seconds to calculate what was going on, before he connected it to Palkia. Multitasking wasn't his strongest suit. As the Spacial Rend came through, Howard narrowly dodged to the side as his armor's cauldron was severed.

"Fuck!" Some people had insane powers, like the ability to bend reality or manipulate fire. Howard had nothing like that. He had a Regice that was lacking a power core and a bumbling drug addict as his only ally. When he had an opportunity to strike at the professor as she crawled through space, Howard used what he had.

He reached for the ground and picked up a rock. He tossed it up once, gauging its weight, before throwing it at the Alchemist.

Using Whirlwind on Shred/Great Tusk via Decoy
Howard uses SPECIAL MOVE: ROCK THROW on Illeana Reyes
I hate politicians
|iYPkIQ8

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 20:42:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the rock, despite not being much of an attack, still connects with the side of her face and she hisses, body reeling back as if burned.

blood appears where the rock had cut across her cheek and it dribbles down, staining dirt in small little droplets.

"you think you're something clever, don't you?"

her face twists into some sort of grotesque irritation, swathed in a pink glow and left to simmer in archaic rage.

the dimensional rift closes behind her, but palkia does not come yet. the dragon watches from beyond, red eyes honed in as its earthly form lies in waiting on her belt in a pokeball.

and she takes a few steps forward, advancing closer to as distortion waves begin to blossom out of each step she takes. they spread in ripples, clawing into reality and leaving chaotic bubbles of breaking spatial bounds as she moves.

"have you not learned your lesson yet?"

does he not fear the anger of the divine? the rage bubbling through gilded ichor?

he will, perhaps... or they'll continue to do this: her chasing him to the edges of the universe until he understands the scales at play here.

and at some point during her advance, distortions turn into spatial erosion beneath the heels of her boots. she ignores it - mostly - to fire off another quick slash of spatial rend at 's head. the pink slash of energy shudders through the air, ripping at reality, as it is pulled off course as if gravity has other ideas. the spatial rend intended for now vaults toward instead...

1DxFKkXq

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
716 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 21:42:15 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The Burning Jealousy makes contact with Great Tusk, and despite its best efforts, the beast can't spin these flames away. No, they scorch the scaly skin of the Paradox Pokemon black, melting it away and leaving pitch-black burns behind. Even the sight of them is enough to make your own wounds ache. The elephant might be tough, but it's not going to be able to fight at full power as it is.

Was that intentional? Your teeth grit and your eyes narrow. Doesn't matter. You'll make her pay for it all the same.

As you prepare your next move, you're interrupted by a strong Whirlwind from behind, sending Great Tusk veering into a wall as you're left struggling to keep your footing. What the hell? Is Howard insane? You're in the middle of a battle of life or death, so what the fuck is he doing?! Why would he...? Unless...

"...You're not as smart as you think you are, Livy."

You step to the side, and right on cue, a gash of rippling pink energy soars right past you.

And now comes your counter-attack. With one tap, you recall Great Tusk to his Pokeball, and with another, you send out your Golurk. She wants to pull her little tricks again? No. You won't play her game. Not again.

"Golurk, Earthquake."

"WARNING: The structural integrity of these caves are highly suspect." The colossal construct replies to your order, its tone the same cold, colourless, emotionless analysis it ever is. "Damage to the walls and ceiling is highly likely to--"

"EARTHQUAKE, NOW!"

"...AFFIRMATIVE."

Slowly, the automaton raises its stone-carved fist up high, its knuckles scraping against the very top of the cavern. Then, like a falling star, it smashes down the ground below at mach speed, causing a devastating Earthquake to echo through the ground below. Penelope, Heatran, Illeana, Palkia, Howard, nobody is safe from the sheer destruction of the shaking earth, not even you.

But you don't care. Even as the stones shatter under your feet and the rocks smash into your legs, it doesn't matter. You'll take as much pain as you have to, as long as it hurts her worse.

uAlLKXkx
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 6:08:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
"Say whatever you want," she scoffed, laughter biting out in sharp callous barks, "but there's a reason you are where you are, and I am where I am."
[break][break]

Through blood, sweat, and tears she clawed her way to the top, discarding pieces of flesh and bone for every rung up the ladder.
[break][break]

Fear stabbed her heart for the first time as the IRON TUSK'S battering sent their world into a shudder. The cave was collapsing at the seams, sending rock after rock barreling their way.
"Illeana!"
[break][break]

Hatred flashed across her amber eyes as she looked past the rocket grunt, back to where her partner stood, funneling attention onto .
[break][break]

"Get ready to get us out of here!"
[break][break]

They had another minute.
[break][break]

She only needed a couple of seconds. Pushing forward, with HEATRAN using PROTECT to ward off any stray rocks, the councilwoman tore at the space between herself and the fugitive, magma spilling from every footstep left behind. The closer she got, the more magma pooled at her feet, gurgling out with every lick of emotions vibrating in the back of her throat. Then, with only a couple of feet left, she sent out a surge of molten lava toward him.

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- decoy status: shred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

hbS3WJjX

·
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 8:16:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
There's a bark of static laughter from behind the helmet. Whatever face behind it is deriding Illeana, mocking her, as if the world was some jape that only it understood.

"Illeana Reyes. Chosen of Palkia." Despite the battle being waged, there's nothing but respect in his tone. The voice is solemn and reverent as it bears witness to the Avatar and her deity. There is no derision, no mocking tone. Only respect and awe.

Then his tone shifts.

"It's our job to be clever. You more than me, but we're both smart people." His tone shifts again as Illeana rages while Penelope already begins to fall back from the Earthquake. Shred had realized that this fight was unwinnable, and had decided to flip the game board rather than continue to play.

That had always been his issue. Shred never knew when to quit, or when to stop being emotional. When he had died on that battlefield, what had come back was a violent specter.

"Control yourself. You are chosen, and it's your job to save us from annihilation. You made history, Illeana! If you can't control yourself... then you're no better than half of our Avatars!" Howard let out a laugh as he gestured towards Penelope. "Or her!"

While Shred dodges the Spacial Rend from Illeana, Howard's Sigilyth is not so lucky. The light in its eye immediately dulls as it folds under the weight of divine severance. As it falls, Howard audibly groaned. The Light Screen's protection was nice, but it couldn't deflect all damage.

A rock crashed by Howard's foot.

"We've learned plenty. We'll improve, and one day we'll beat you." Howard's Claydol began to rotate around him and Shred, protecting them from falling rocks as the cave threatened to collapse.

"Let's get going, Beast!"

If his choices were to deal with Shred's rage in a few moments or deal with Palkia, he'd pick Shred every time. At least then he had a chance of coming out alive.

Using Rapid Spin
Sigilyth knocked out by magic wizard powers
'change da world palkia'
lT9DA9zT

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 16:40:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her expression twists into something ugly, something grotesque and unbecoming and divine. the old gods grow angry, restless, and she feels the turmoil as easily as breathing.

control... it's flimsy, nothing more than a gossamer barrier against primordial, archaic existence. she can't hold back the inevitable - she can't stop the water once the dam breaks.

and yet, she still bristles at the concept of losing the control she's never had. she still looks like a snarling beast all the same, staring at as if her sole existence is an entity of rage.

"don't speak on things you couldn't even begin to fathom."

around them, the earth shudders its way into an early death. palkia finally releases itself from the spatial confines of its pokeball to block a stray rock from crushing its avatar. and when the dragon comes, she visibly relaxes as if the weight on her mind, on her shoulders, is a little less when shared with her deity.

's voice brings her snapping back into the moment, then, and she takes a quick step back. her arms fly out and a translucent pink barrier forms. it slowly snakes its way across their side of the battlefield, stretching and winding until it's a makeshift spatial dome to protect both women from the crumbling earth.

"watch yourselves," she calls to them as she begins to track her way back toward . "i'm coming for all of you."

a threat to the region is a threat to the universe is a threat to her. and she might not have any semblance of control, but spite and bitterness still holds enough to override what she lacks.

"let's go."

she's unable to transport them without the full spatial dragon, surely, but the protective spatial barriers now in place will provide a safe enough cover to escape unscathed.

8m8P1Wtb

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
716 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 5:50:54 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
You don't even dignify Penelope's derision with words. Instead, a snarl of contempt tears its way out of your throat. Even here, even now, she is unable to shed that miserable bureaucratic attitude and regard you like a human being. To her, you'll always just be a problem: An error on a spreadsheet, a delay in the schedule, and an obstacle in her way.

So, fine. If that's how she wants it? Then you'll be the biggest fucking problem in the world.

"You won't come back." You snap at Illeana, though your eyes don't leave Penelope for a second. "I'm not going anywhere, and you aren't either. You'll both die here. I WON'T ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!"

You lurch towards the Coveted, dodging between falling stones and over shifting ground, closing the distance as fast as you can. Howard's already planning a retreat, and so are your opponents, but you're not done yet. How could you be done? You're not even bleeding. She's not even bleeding! Why are they acting light this fight is over? IT HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET!

Magma rushes towards you, but if she thought that attack would somehow stop you, then she's got shit for brains. Golurk launches a Heavy Slam at the flowing lava, smashing their hefty arm down in the space between you and her. Of course, even unchanging stone can't withstand the sheer heat of molten death forever, but you don't need it to.

All you need is a three seconds.

One, to jump up over what magma remains on the ground. One, to land upon the safety of the Golurk's arm. And one, to try and punch Penelope as hard as you possibly can.

IXsGM0Dr
(Total Post-Roll: 588)
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights