6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[EXCURSION][C/Navy] The Final Chase
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 5:42:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had learned his lesson from his trip to the crater with : bringing a full belt of Pokémon overflowing with Infinity Energy was a recipe for disaster. As much as he wanted to continue to build rapport with Sigmund and Tyrfing both, he had to leave the Iron Crown behind. The excitement of being able to ride Tyrfing anywhere was worth it; he had been blown off the Iron Boulder's back the last time he had ridden the ultrafast Sword of Justice.

His last trip to Area Zero had reduced him to tears, and was a witness to it. At the bottom of the cavern, after fighting through wave after wave of Terastal Paradox Pokémon, he had saved the life of, and subsequently befriended, a Raikou. Working together, they had healed the Beast of its injuries. He had at last become the friend of the Beast of his dreams. He had taken the opportunity to sit atop the purple thundercloud and control the god of speed like it was his own. All the joy in the world turned to tears when he left the cavern; the Raikou refused to leave Area Zero, no matter what the Gym Leader did. His tears of joy turned to despair when his legendary steed faded into Terastal energy.

"Navy, what I meant to share with you before our match..." Josh trailed off, his heart racing as he could have sworn he heard a thunderclap, "...is that I saw Raikou. At the bottom of Area Zero. He's alive and he's here." The Gym Leader wasn't alone; he sat in Raikiri's saddle, having brought his Zeraora to race Raikou with. Next to him was Zaborg, the Shiny, bipedal Zeraora sitting tall astride Tyrfing the Iron Boulder. "If you don't believe me, call . She was a witness."

{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
Zaborg          Zeraora**         Good
Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      Good
Mastema         Togekiss          Good
Mystic          Ninetales         Good
Aleph           Type: Null        Good
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 5:54:52 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
EXCEPT IN DREAMS YOU'RE NEVER REALLY FREE.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

I believe you.” In this fantasy world, a dream conjured by the tera, anything is possible. Men meet myths, dinosaurs walk again, and visions of a dark future are made manifest. Navy says a quiet prayer to Arceus that nothing here seems capable of leaving except the paradox pokemon. Exterminating, containing, and diverting them has been a full time job. A second prayer follows, thanking Arceus for . Without her, Dewford would be undefended.[break][break]
Question is, Josh…what are you gonna do about it?” He thinks about old songs, which talk about dreams. Beneath him, his Rapidash snorts. All the creatures surrounding them give the Elite and the Gym Leader a wide berth. Navy has been here enough to be seen as a part of the ecosystem, and nothing here sees him as an easy meal.[break][break]
Except in dreams, you’re never really free. One song says.[break][break]
A man can live his life on dreams, but it’s prudent to recall: a man with moonlight in his hands holds nothing there at all.[break][break]
To each his Raikou, he supposes. The dream will not avail him, nor will fantasy. Josh claims to have grown up, insisted upon it in their match. What awaits in the chasm, the sheriff thinks, is a test.[break][break]
Passing strange place for him to finally show back up, don’t you think?

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 0:36:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's serious look turned to a smile at Navy's confirmation. Acceptance that he was telling the truth. The Mauville Leader joined the Elite Four member in prayer. Was it at last his time, after nearly fifteen years, to become the Great One's most holy Knight of Thunder? In all the years he had chased his idol, he never imagined he would have second thoughts about his complete submission to Raikou.

"The more I think about it, Navy... the more I just want to be his friend. and Ho-oh have such a symbiotic relationship with one another. They understand each other. But there are so many Avatars that feel like they're... dominated by their Patrons. and come to mind. When I faced him in battle, I even asked him if he controlled Groudon, or if Groudon controlled him, and all he did was stare at me. It wasn't a rhetorical question, either. I want to be Raikou's friend, but I also want to... keep my free will, you know?"

Every dream, no matter how pure, had a nightmare within. Josh's nightmare was that the Beast he sought Patronage with was not the noble hero he remembered from Johtonian folklore, but a tyrant that demanded complete fealty and loyalty, even at the expense of others he held close. In one such nightmare, Raikou murdered both his Pyroar and his Manectric, his two Sygna Pokémon, before his very eyes.

"Not like he would give me much of a choice to begin with."

Josh lightly tapped Raikiri's sides, the thundercat and his two partners leading the way down the chasm's winding trail. "The last time I was down here, Andrea and I saved him from a horde of those awful paradox Pokémon. You would think he'd be more apt to show up in a field, but stranger--"

The sound of a thunderclap boomed from beneath them. Josh's hair stood on end as the air itself became electrified. Raikiri and the rest of Josh's Pokémon loved it, waiting for his trainer's command to go fast. Josh himself, though, did not have the same tolerance for electricity that either of his two Zeraora had. "I'd recognize that cry anywhere. He's... here, and he's close." His heart continued to race. This was his big moment.

Would Raikou find him worthy?

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 7:18:30 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Sometimes, they just don’t wanna be your friend.” A sad truth he once had to tell Gabe. Gabe’s would-be friends were just boys in the neighborhood, who decided he was an outsider as groups inevitably do to someone. Gabe took it about as well as Josh has taken Raikou’s apathy.[break][break]
Just one of those things in life.” Reaching into his breast pocket, he pulls out a cigar, lights it up with Silver Bullet, and inhales deep. Nothing down here will notice them by scent. It puts his lungs at ease just as something cries out for their help.[break][break]
Just don’t get your hopes up.” With legends manifesting down here, even parodies of other legends, it feels like he would just be setting himself up for disappointment and heartbreak. Still, he follows, ready to defend Josh and let him see whatever he’s meant to see down here.[break][break]
He made that mistake once already. Perhaps it kept his brother from scars, or maybe it kept him from catching a rare red Gayardos. Perhaps Josh will find what he seeks, here in this land of fantasy.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 22:54:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had to rein his Zeraora away from Navy. The depths of the Giant Chasm meant wind did not reach them, meaning the nicotine would linger in the air. "Sorry, I have a tobacco allergy." They were still easily within earshot of one another; the Gym Leader would just need to speak up a little more to be heard. "And Navy? It's never been about Raikou specifically. It's been about wanting to be friends with the fastest Pokémon in the world. It's part of why I've connected with Raikiri so well. Part of why we will triumph in Ever Grande."

Tears began to form and drip from his eyes. "I'm not saying I don't like Raikou anymore. I'll always like him. But we've discovered so many Pokémon that can match Raikou's speed now, like Tyrfing," he gestured toward the Iron Boulder, who was still sparring with Aleph. It seemed like he had the upper hand, too, repelling the Type: Null's CRUSH CLAW with a MIGHTY CLEAVE. "I still want to be Raikou's friend, even if he's not the king of speed anymore." He nodded at the Elite's last remark before descending toward a waterfall. His team sped across the stream it formed before they could be swept away.

The Gym Leader's hair stood on end, bright flashes of lightning blinding him. Were Raikiri not astride Tyrfing, the lightning would have fried the Iron Boulder. He tilted his head toward the source: a long-necked, black and yellow striped Pokémon with the face, purr, and thunderous cry of a Raikou.

His heart raced in anticipation.

"O Great Raikou!" he appealed to the paradox Pokémon. "Great Raikou, I am Josh Devlin, the Great One Ho-oh's humble disciple. Hoenn needs your help more than ever. Please, great Raikou! Allow me to serve you and cleanse Hoenn of the DRK Triad plaguing her!" The electric dragon's neck stretched, giving Josh a good look at its face. Other than the thundercloud being beneath its head rather than on its back, it was the spitting image of a Raikou.

With ludicrous speed, a THUNDERCLAP boomed all around Josh, Navy, and their Pokémon in a split second, too fast for even Hoenn's fastest trainer to react to. It was the speed he had come to expect. The similarities were there, drawing him to a false conclusion:

The paradox Pokémon before them, Raging Bolt, was a regional forme of Raikou.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 0:26:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Josh…!” His hand goes for a pokeball. Silver Bullet cries out, ears ringing from the sound of thunder. It’s hard to hear, harder to focus, as he throws out a pokeball he hopes accentuates the point. Gout, called Gouging Fire by the people who officiate Pokemon names, roars up at its brother. Pacing before them all, he aims to keep them all safe with his mighty shield.[break][break]
Josh, that’s not Raikou!” Navy shouts the words over the thunderstorm. “We fought something like it beneath Young’s Elite Four chamber last summer! There’s droves of these things all over the crater!” Gout paces, snarling a challenge out to the Raging Bolt.[break][break]
Serve? You don’t serve a friend!

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 7:16:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The appearance of Gout, Navy's Gouging Fire, further confused the Gym Leader. "...Entei?" he asked, bewildered by the presence of both "Beasts". He wanted to say more, but there was no time. The ultrafast creatures clashed, the THUNDERCLAP against the quadrupedal dragon's mighty shield. Josh had all kinds of questions for his boss, but there would be no time. He had to fight "Raikou" for his life. Typical of a legendary Pokémon known for aggression as much as Raikou to engage potential Avatars in trial by combat. Macro Cosmos was disturbingly right. His RVL route, once one of the most popular on the game's servers before one had to know what they were doing to play... did it foretell this moment? Navy didn't seem to think so.

Josh did. In his mind, the behemoth before him was a Raikou, and the one under Navy's control was an Entei. He didn't have time to argue or think about it; with the Raging Bolt ready to strike again at any moment, it was fight or flight. And Josh wasn't fleeing the Beast of his dreams.

Even the quarreling Type: Null and Iron Boulder dropped what they were doing to see the danger Josh was in. Leaping down to the level where the Raging Bolt was at, they slashed toward the electric-type with their X-SCISSOR and SACRED SWORD. With another cry sounding like crashing thunder, the paradox Pokémon loosed a violent DISCHARGE upon anything its long body could ready.

It looked like a Raikou, it was fast as a Raikou, and it hit just as hard as a Raikou. To Josh, it was a Raikou. Navy didn't seem to believe it was. Once this battle was over, they would have a looooooooong talk. No doubt in his mind.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 12:54:18 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Gout! Protect Josh!” Gout pauses for a moment, a single moment, as he decides whether or not he is going to comply with the command. He is a beast of the wild, not some egg-hatched princeling. The moment passes, and Gout jumps forward. The burning bulwark catches the attack, exploding with fiery force that threatens to race towards the bolt.[break][break]
Alright, here’s how we play this. You run offense. Gout and I will take defense. We’ll be your back-up dancers.” Given how effective ’s strategy proves in live fire, he almost wishes he had a Pokemon that could set up a dance routine with his entire team. Almost. Being blade and bulwark all in one has its merits, too.[break][break]
Go on, Josh! No matter what it is, you gotta prove your worth to it!

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 5:21:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Navy seemed to understand how urgent the situation was, not remarking at all on calling Gout an Entei. The Gouging Fire appeared tough as 's Entei, perhaps even the Beast's equal entirely. The BURNING BULWARK deflected the DISCHARGE around Josh and Raikiri, giving him a brief window while the Raging Bolt recovered.

A brief respite was all that Josh needed to make a decisive strike had become more than familiar with. Certainly Shuwen had, too. Now Navy could observe the move used on something else. Josh didn't leap out of the saddle, either. He stayed on his Zeraora, raising his Z-GLOVE above his head long enough to hold the mounted Z-Pose needed to initiate the attack. "HYPERSONIC..."

A maelstrom of lightning, amplified by and perhaps even stolen from the Raging Bolt, surrounded Josh and Raikiri. He leaned as low as he could on the big cat's back, minimizing air resistance to not only allow the Zeraora to go faster, but to minimize the risk of being hurled off the feline moving fast enough that nothing could be heard.

"...PLASMA CHARGE!!!"

Surrounded by a corona of dust as all went silent in the ears of mythical Pokémon and rider, Raikiri seemed to blip out of existence, a sonic boom amplified by smooth, rock walls ravaging the ears of everyone in the chasm's depths. Even the dinosaur's THUNDERCLAP was too slow. The rider's ears popped painfully as he re-entered subsonic speeds again, dropping a Poké Ball onto the Raging Bolt during a second, slower pass. It was an understanding that he knew there would be no stopping the paradox Pokémon's attacks by proving himself worthy in the creature's eyes. There was a genuine hostility to the Pokémon that was unlike a legendary Pokémon merely testing someone for its Patronage. If it were to break out of the Poké Ball, it would almost certainly direct its full wrath upon Josh directly. And without that Z-Move he just invoked, he would stand little chance of victory.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 0:33:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Plop.[break][break]
The ball shakes. Navy reels from Josh breaking the sound barrier. Ears ringing, he prays no permanent harm comes of this. Arceus knows he’s done enough faster than sound travel of his own atop his Dragapult. Navy says a prayer that the Raging Bolt stays in its ball.[break][break]
Plop.[break][break]
His hand goes for another pokeball – the one holding Roland. Josh has never met Roland, and he doubts the younger man would have much interest in the Iron Valiant. It cannot be ridden. It cannot support anyone. It can not augment. Roland, like Navy, is a warrior. He is good for one thing, and one thing only.[break][break]
Plop.[break][break]
Josh will hate him if he sends Roland out. If his Iron Valiant steps onto the field, it is to kill. Raging Bolt’s neck will be vulnerable, right after a failed capture attempt. Roland will sever it in one stroke. If his options are to bear Josh’s hatred or give the boy’s parents his condolences at his funeral, he will live with the animosity. Navy has been through worse, and done worse.[break][break]
Click.[break][break]
It’s a choice Navy will never have to make. Instead, he recalls Gout. They’re alone in the cavern.[break][break]
Congrats, Josh.” He says in a cool voice. “You caught yourself Raikou's dinosaur dad.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 2:41:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As Josh's Poké Ball clicked and became still, he felt like one enormous weight had been lifted from his shoulders, yet at the same time, he had been saddled with another, greater one. He was shaking uncontrollably, both from the recoil of Raikiri's supersonic charge and from what he had just done. Unzipping the cocoon keeping Josh safe, the Gym Leade rlis down the side of Raikiri's saddle to retrieve his catch, jerking his hand away when he felt a static bolt pierce his hand. He reached for the device a second time and grasped it, every hair on his body standing on end.

He dropped to his knees and started balling, welling up not in fear or anguish, but in joy. Bliss. Happiness. Closure.

"Navy... never in a million years when we first met at that train station in Mauville did I imagine this day would ever come. Navy... this has been fourteen years in the making." He didn't dare click the Raging Bolt's Poké Ball open. If it were anything like Sigmund, like Tyrfing, the electric dragon would take a long time to warm up to him. Months. Maybe even years. He had already waited fourteen years for this golden opportunity. What was a few more? He now had the fastest Pokémon on land at his fingertips.

"Welcome to Team Devlin... Raikou."

It was both the name of the species he thought he had caught, as well as the Raging Bolt's nickname. For he would not nickname the majestic, holy child of the Great One, Ho-oh.

"It may look different from Raikou, but that face, those colors, and those stripes... it's still a Raikou. You know how a Galarian Rapidash and a Kantonian Rapidash look different, but are still the same species? Johtonian Raikou, Hoennian Raikou... it's still a Raikou. And now, I'm his friend."

The weight of his fourteen year old dream coming off his shoulders made him feel like a new man.

"Navy... my fourteen year long chase... is over."

And where one dream ends, another begins. A dream of a war-torn region, one he had no investment in two years ago, that now meant the world to him. He would vow to use Raikou the Raging Bolt to protect Hoenn.

"Let's go."

Withdrawing his squad for Mastema, his Togekiss, Josh climbed aboard, the duo floating toward the giant hole in the sky leading back to Oldale Town. What an exhausting battle!

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 6:50:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: