Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,663 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 14:38:13 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev closed the door to 's office upon entering it, enclosing both of them in the privacy of the room. Its interior did not look much different than what he remembered, though he hadn't visited in a long time. He'd had no reason to, but words shared during a recent skirmish against in Area Zero had prompted him to seek out the underboss. [break][break]

"Fiorelli," Zev greeted her, his tone and expression neutral, betraying none of this thoughts. He crossed the room to sit in the unoccupied chair in front of her desk. Unseen, his Gengar lurked in his shadow. [break][break]

"I've been thinking about our fight against and ," he said, getting straight to the point. He saw no need for small talk. "Silph said something odd to me." [break][break]

"So you're the fucker Bee. Ha! You're uglier than I thought you'd be." [break][break]

Zev raised a quizzical eyebrow. "How does he know who Bee is? And why does he think I'm him?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 16:20:11 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

wasn't wrong to see the office's interior as much the same as his last visit. The only change was so subtle, it would be beneath the notice of a man like him: a single potted orchid that flourished on her desk, perfectly tended with immaculate health.[break][break]

"That's not in itself anything unusual," Elisabeth commented, barely sparing a glance from the papers in front of her. She was perusing the success of recent Rocket missions, making note of which recruits had garnered notoriety and attempting to recall names and faces. "I expect nothing less from a Beast of your caliber than adept battle analysis."[break][break]

His follow-up comment, however, startled her into dropping a sheaf of paper onto her desk.[break][break]

"Mm. That little matter was most unfortunate," she said, letting herself fully face the blue-eyed and dark-haired man at last. "I trust you are aware of my recent operation with ?"[break][break]

He should be. She'd submitted that report to his desk herself.[break][break]

That didn't mean he'd personally deigned it worthy of reading, though.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,663 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 20:29:02 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev recalled the confidential report Elisabeth had forwarded to him. It had preceded her request to engage in more combat training, specifically in simulations against Groudon's Avatar. He hadn't asked for details, but that was then. This was now. [break][break]

"I'm aware, though I didn't think revealing the codenames or identifying features of our organization's leadership was part of it," Zev said. Though his words implied damnation, his tone was neutral, almost aloof. Like he didn't care. [break][break]

He crossed his arms over his chest, already taking a guess at Elisabeth's answer. "So how did Silph find out?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 3:04:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

His criticism irked her. He had a bluntness about him that grated on her sensibilities; perhaps it was envy that she, herself, had rarely felt welcome to be as blunt as the men in the organization.[break][break]

When she'd let herself speak unfiltered after her Avatarship with Wo-chien, her reputation had suffered beyond repair in the aftermath. She suspected it'd never fully recover from that period.[break][break]

She did her best to suppress this resentment, attempting a strained smile.[break][break]

"I underestimated his obsessive tendencies. He attempted to have me followed. All he learned was the name 'Bee,' an eye color, and a hair color."[break][break]

She attempted to keep this casual, but the truth was this wasn't casual information at all. This endangered , and that was the one thing she wanted to avoid more than anything else in the world.[break][break]

You did this to him, a tiny voice nagged at her with guilt. You put him in a madman's line of sight, and taunted that madman into a rage.[break][break]

She buried that thought, unwilling to let it drag her into the shame she knew it'd invite. Instead, she focused on keeping her voice calm. Even. Matter-of-fact.[break][break]

" thought Bee a rival for my affections." Her eyes swept up and down thoughtfully, then she shrugged. "To some degree, you match his limited description of the admin. Perhaps during this fight, you and I merely appeared closer than we are."[break][break]

Despite herself, her lips somewhat curved with amusement at that absurd notion.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,663 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 17:07:22 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Unlike other members of Team Rocket—or people in general—Zev was not interested in the interpersonal relationships and drama of his workplace. The knowledge was only useful if he could leverage those tensions to his advantage; otherwise, it was irrelevant background noise. [break][break]

So he did not know what Elisabeth thought of Bee or the nature of their entanglement. Zev did know from her report that she was sending all her intel and updates to the admin; that reason was likely why following her had revealed this limited information to Matias. [break][break]

But affection? Did Elisabeth have it in her shriveled, spiteful heart to care for another person besides herself? Zev found himself surprised. Amused, even. [break][break]

Mirroring her amused smile, the Beast laced his fingers together and rested them in his lap. "Silph must be delusional. You do not have a single affectionate bone in your body." Then Zev paused, suppressing laughter. "Unless…?" [break][break]

He doubted any fondness for Matias. Bee, though, was her colleague. And Zev had not missed the way some grunts swooned over the admin when they thought the upper brass weren't paying attention.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 21:40:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I assure you," she said, holding his ice-blue gaze, " is exceptionally delusional."[break][break]

When it came to his beliefs about their relationship, at least. Her true feelings for were something that the Elite Four had peeled back against her will, forcing her to confront emotions she didn't dare fully examine in the light of day.[break][break]

They were emotions she had no intention of handing over to , for they made for a weapon that could be utilized against her. A man like that would never--[break][break]

She hesitated then, recalling that peculiar encounter with Kyurem, and the woman whose scolding had brought him to heel more than any superior in Rocket ever could. The exact nature of his relationship to was unknown to her, as was the name of the woman in question, but the instance struck her as profound.[break][break]

"People like us aren't allowed vulnerability, are we?" she said then, turning to meaningfully. "Whatever affection we have is wielded against us, like a knife."[break][break]

She waited to see his answer, if it would confirm her suspicions one way or another.[break][break]

Could this monster among men, in some small way, understand her?

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,663 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 18:46:36 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

In deflecting, Elisabeth confirmed Zev's suspicions. But she implied he was cut from a similar cloth in the same breath. "Us," she said, suggesting that it was possible for him to have a weakness. For that weakness to take the form of another person. [break][break]

He wanted to laugh in her face. He wanted to scoff and claim that she was now the delusional one, believing him to have any vulnerabilities. But the recent memory of 's reckless arrogance reared its ugly head, giving Zev pause. [break][break]

His amused smile vanished. A neutral frigidity replaced it, carefully crafted. Yet Elisabeth would not be able to mistake the aura of displeasure emanating from the man's very being. [break][break]

"Only a fool would try that with me," he said. But he knew she was right: people would try. The thought of something happening to again set fire to his blood, stoking him into further agitation. "I'll kill anyone who touches a hair on her head." [break][break]

Even if that person was an underboss.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 23:26:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"And yet the world is full of fools, and Hoenn has more than its fair share of them."[break][break]

She circled the Beast with a cat-like mien, appraising him silently. A dangerous notion had begun to take root in her mind, and she attempted to reason herself out of it.[break][break]

How many deals with the devil had she already made? She knew better.[break][break]

And yet.[break][break]

"It wasn't my intention to put Admin Bee in harm's way, you know," she continued, her expression neutral as she carefully laid out her plans. "The opposite, in fact. Which made that outcome of the operation distressing."[break][break]

The anger flaring on his face -- the indignation and the outrage -- those emotions she focused on, fully aware of the distance between that emotion's source and herself. She had faded into the background of the room, becoming an observer to a fury she'd had no part in stoking to flame.[break][break]

"I have no intention of seeing harm befall you or yours, either," she offered unprompted.[break][break]

She'd already implied as much, given the shaky alliance the two Rockets had built mere months ago: that of a Seviper allowing the Pyroar full reign, neither predator antagonizing the other.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,663 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 15:01:46 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Elisabeth's offer came as a surprise. For a moment, Zev's anger gave way to that new emotion. He arched his eyebrow at her from where he sat on the other side of her desk. [break][break]

"We already agreed to stay out of each other's way," he said, though he doubted she needed any reminding. [break][break]

The underboss was a cunning woman. She had survived the den of wolves that was Team Rocket for several years now, gaining power and authority along the way. And even though Wo-Chien had destabilized her reputation among the crime syndicate's leadership, there she remained: one of its leaders. [break][break]

Still, one did not make an offer like Elisabeth had without seeking something in return. "You want something," Zev observed. He pretended to think about it, but he already knew the answer. "Bee's protection." [break][break]

Though the average person could not hope to face an Avatar and win, it was another matter entirely when two Avatars fought each other. And Bee's bond with Moltres was too new, too raw. [break][break]

If he found himself pitted against the likes of or , there was a good chance he would not survive.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 16:39:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I've given him a dangerous enemy in ," she said, meeting his stare evenly. "The least I can do is provide him with a formidable ally against that additional harm, no?"[break][break]

Though she spoke as if this was a reasonable request, knew as well as she did that Elisabeth neither cared for fairness nor for the well-being of her underlings.[break][break]

The fact that she herself was willing to expose concern for , and that Matias had suspected their relationship was personal in nature, held implications that the underboss would prefer to leave private and unacknowledged.[break][break]

She'd never been able to stop herself from taking risks, however. Not when faced with the temptation of an irresistible reward.[break][break]

"You and I have different skillsets," she continued, casually rifling through a sheaf of papers stacked tidily on her desk. The potted orchid nearby shivered with the motion. "We have different resources, methods, and means of power."[break][break]

Her green eyes lowered to the man's unadorned hand, where a wedding ring ought to lie, then flitted up to meet his once more.[break][break]

"Unfortunately, we cannot always account for the instances that are outside of our own sphere of influence."[break][break]

A beat.[break][break]

"Not alone."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,663 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 20:25:17 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev knew well that Elisabeth was as selfish a person as he. Her instincts leaned toward her own self-preservation, so the thought that she was looking out for Bee as his superior in their organization was laughable at best. [break][break]

No, she wanted him safe because, perhaps in her mind, Bee was hers. A possession, a claim to which she had every right. At least, that was how Zev viewed and understood the world: in matters of contracts, ulterior motives, and ownership. It stood to reason others operated in the same manner. [break][break]

He caught the way Elisabeth's gaze briefly flickered to his left hand. He knew she expected to see a ring there, but he and Nenet, believing that they had no reason to declare their marriage to the general public, had chosen not to buy rings. They needed no trinkets to remind themselves of their agreement. [break][break]

Perhaps it was time to change that. Not for their own sake, but to show the world who belonged to whom. [break][break]

"Nenet values her independence," Zev warned. "She won't appreciate someone constantly hovering over her or coddling her. But I know you won't do either of those things. You're more like an Ariados watching from your web and pulling strings." [break][break]

"In the same vein, I'm not going to constantly keep tabs on what Bee is doing. He can take care of himself, especially now. But I'll watch his back on the field."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 22:09:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her smile glimmered with faint, but entirely sincere appreciation as she dipped her head in assent.[break][break]

"It seems we're aligned, then," she agreed, establishing the verbal pact between them. "I shall endeavor to do what I can in the shadows."[break][break]

How unexpectedly simple this ask had been, she thought, and how effortlessly they'd each agreed to it. was not entirely wrong to consider Elisabeth possessive -- she was, but in an altogether different way than the Beast understood that emotion.[break][break]

Without , she would go back to that same miserable loneliness she so loathed and feared facing.[break][break]

As much as Wo-chien would delight in that loss, as much as Tapu Fini might even find it favorable to its plans, this was the one thing Elisabeth coveted of her own volition: being cared for by someone who understood her, who knew her, and who accepted her in spite of everything.[break][break]

After being starved of validation for so long, she craved it like the drowning craved air. She feared what she'd become without him, how much further into the depths she'd sink in her despair.[break][break]

"They're afraid of us," she said then, confident in her assessment. "Beckett, certainly. Maybe even Underboss Quinn, I'm not sure. But we threaten them, in some way. They'd control us if they could."[break][break]

She was franker than she'd ever been with him, but nothing in her was alarmed at being so. It felt natural, given the sanctity of the alliance they'd built between them.[break][break]

"I have no interest in controlling you, or letting them control either of us."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,663 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 11:48:17 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Beckett is already trying to control us," Zev said, his mood souring again at the memory of his walk with the underboss through Area Zero. "We were discussing Team Rocket's goals and strategies following the battle against Kyurem, and he mentioned wanting to leash us." [break][break]

'Anchor' was the word Theo had used, but Zev knew better than to believe the euphemism. [break][break]

"He said it in nicer terms, but the implication was obvious. His reasoning was bullshit. Something about how Avatarship takes a toll on our mental capacity, and that he wants to make up for our flaws." [break][break]

Which may have been true for the likes of , , and the others, but not Zev. His mind was fully intact; he had no flaws to speak of. But to strengthen the foundation of their verbal pact, he had to ensure Elisabeth believed he saw them united against their enemies. [break][break]

From both without and within. [break][break]

There was, of course, the possibility she was lying to him. But not once had she given him the impression that she wished to control others, not even when the two of them had antagonized each other. She had simply acted in petulant defiance. [break][break]

Perhaps they were not so dissimilar.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 13:42:55 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her heart leapt despite itself at this validation of greatest fears. So it was true, then. She hadn't been delusional. had been attempting to control her, and that likely meant he was trying to control...[break][break]

A hot flash of anger welled up within her at that revelation, this newfound protective instinct towards entirely possessive in nature as her jaw clenched.[break][break]

"What qualifies Beckett to be our handler?" she scoffed with audible disdain. "He knows nothing of us, or what it means to be an Avatar. Arrogance and fear drive him, nothing more."[break][break]

How he'd handled said as much to her. For all that the man suggested his mortality made him 'unbiased,' Elisabeth believed him to be anything but. Those without power always resented those with power.[break][break]

So much of her life had been spent powerless, she would know.[break][break]

"His behavior with me is erratic, as if he's attempting to see which buttons of mine he can push to get the result he wants."[break][break]

She rolled her eyes at this, crossing her arms.[break][break]

"He finds new methods of provoking me, and then blatantly feigns interest in my affairs. I imagine your experiences are similar?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,663 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
EQUIVALENT EXCHANGE [S]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 21:12:53 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The obvious disdain Elisabeth showed toward filled Zev with quiet smugness, though he kept it from his face as he nodded along with her indignation. Her reaction was all the confirmation he needed to ensure she would be useful against her fellow underboss. [break][break]

"A little similar, but he doesn't behave erratically around me. If anything, he tries to be a 'proper Rocket role model.'" Zev hooked the first two fingers of both hands in the air in the common gesture for mockery. "He's tried threatening me once, but I gave him a warning in turn." [break][break]

A huff escaped the Beast then, an exasperated sound. "But I wouldn't put it past him to try getting close to Nenet. She's new to the organization, and we're all encouraged to provide mentorship to recruits, aren't we?" [break][break]

Zev shot Elisabeth a meaningful look. Get to her first, it said.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]