he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Once and Future Queen [Gym]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 23:20:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Wonder what her hair-ca
[attr="class","monody"]
The Majestic Culprit
The Inquisitor first tried to catch the figure with speed alone - but the figure was a fast one, easily outrunning them.

But where speed failed, technique did not; a Mean Look was all it took for the figure to lock up, too terrified to move. Only then would the Inquisitor be able to catch up with the figure.

And they would find it to be the same creature they'd seen in their Future Vision: a colorful one that stood on four legs. Tall beautiful, elegant.

And terrified of the Inquisitor - far more than the fear a Mean Look could produce.

"
Don't…don't hurt me," the creature begged. "Please. I didn't plan to hurt you. I just wanted you to get tired and leave us with our peace."

Her words were honest: though she'd been seen watching the Inquisitor, there had never been an attempt to harm them.

"
Why are you here?"

Prompts:
Speak with the creature

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/dark%20forest.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,868 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 0:40:51 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ecalcifet"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","mmilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","avatarimg"]
The female Inquisitor is not fast like the Mauville gym leader’s Pokemon, but her Mean Look manages to trap the quicker creature. When she catches sight of the next figure that her vision told her to meet, it was a pure white equine Pokemon with a horn on its head and a pastel mane. Elise knows that the creature is a Galarian Rapidash and the horse Pokemon appeared to be very scared of her, almost as if the female mare knew that an Inquisitor would be the one sent to kill everything that impeded their progress against finding the Monster.[break][break]

“I am not here to hurt you, I promise.” In spite of the role that the ambassador is meant to play, she is gentle and tries to calm the scared creature. Like the first creature that asked her, the female creature wanted to know why the female Inquisitor was here. [break][break]

“As for why I’m here, I have a purpose to find the Monster in the woods. Would you know anything about it?” The princess asks while still keeping to her gentle demeanor in hopes that the equine creature would trust her. “I will be able to cooperate with you on this matter. I believe it will prove beneficial if you could trust me to help you with this Monster.”

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

♔ Non-Traditional Challenge (A Monster in the Woods)[break]
Chosen Pokemon: Mismagius[break]
Role: Inquisitor[break][break]
♔ Talking to the creature.

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".ecalcifet"] --accent:#D0BDF0; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ecalcifet"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ecalcifet .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ecalcifet .textbox a { font:500 13px/10px 'Poppins'} .ecalcifet .textbox b { font:bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:600; } .ecalcifet .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ecalcifet .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ecalcifet .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ecalcifet .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#922761; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .ecalcifet .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ecalcifet .pkmnlist img { filter:none; } .ecalcifet .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ecalcifet .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .ecalcifet .tagline i { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 20px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .ecalcifet .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .ecalcifet .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".mmilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:60px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .mmilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .mmilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ecalcifet .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float:left; margin:0px 20px 10px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".ecalcifet .tag"] text-align:center; } .ecalcifet .tag a { font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins';!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ecalcifet .top"] height: 50px; background-image: url(https://file.garden/ZY7WxFwX3wOZkLYA/blueflowers2.png); background-size:cover; background-position:top center; opacity: 0.8; position:relative; filter:brightness(1.0); [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 18:45:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Reeks of desperation
[attr="class","monody"]
High-class Assumptions
The Inquisitor spoke gentle words, despite the Mean Look they'd used before to keep the creature in place. It left the creature with a confused look to her face - though fear still dominated her trembling legs and wavering voice, much like prey that knew it could not escape its predator.

The Inquisitor gave their reasons for being here: to find the Monster in these Woods. Those words didn't do much to help calm the creature.

"
I…I know you're an Inquisitor," the creature said, still bracing itself for an attack - as if she were in any position to fight back. "If you're here for a Monster…you're here to kill our Guardian, aren't you? Why else would an Inquisitor come here?"

Desperation once more led to assumptions. Though this creature didn't possess the same fight as the one before.

"
We…we can't let our home be taken. They just want to protect our home from…from people like you!"

Prompts:
Speak with the creature

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/dark%20forest.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,868 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2024 18:35:28 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Despite of how the inquisitor tries to be nicer to the equine Pokemon, Elise’s efforts to calm the Pokemon only made the horse afraid of her. Was she too cruel to it? Didn’t she try to be nicer? Those questions ran through her mind as the creature spoke to her, something about killing their Guardian. The ambassador in her Mismagius-like robe thinks for a second and the conversation goes to one thought:[break][break]

If she killed the Guardian, the Monster that she was supposed to be slaying, it would make her a heartless, cruel witch herself. One whose heart was steeped in darkness as it was with light.[break][break]

“I…I had no idea.” Like the creature, the Galarian royal ambassador is also visibly distraught. All of it was sinking in that Elise herself would be no better than the Prime Minister that ruled over her country. “I do not want to take your home away from you and the others. It is not my purpose to destroy a place that you and all others are sheltered in safely.”[break][break]

She shakes her head at the words of the equine Pokemon.[break][break]

“I am only here to get rid of the Monster, as I was told to. But…when I hear that it’s a Guardian, I find it to be a little distressing to go through with it.”

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

♔ Talking to the creature.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".ecalcifet"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ecalcifet .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ecalcifet .textbox a { font:500 13px/10px 'Poppins'} .ecalcifet .textbox b { font:bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:600; } .ecalcifet .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ecalcifet .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ecalcifet .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ecalcifet .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#922761; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .ecalcifet .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ecalcifet .pkmnlist img { filter:none; } .ecalcifet .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ecalcifet .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .ecalcifet .tagline i { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 20px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .ecalcifet .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .ecalcifet .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".mmilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:60px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .mmilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .mmilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ecalcifet .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float:left; margin:0px 20px 10px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".ecalcifet .tag"] text-align:center; } .ecalcifet .tag a { font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins';!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ecalcifet .top"] height: 50px; background-image: url(https://file.garden/ZY7WxFwX3wOZkLYA/blueflowers2.png); background-size:cover; background-position:top center; opacity: 0.8; position:relative; filter:brightness(1.0); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 23:19:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Trust The Voices in Your Head
[attr="class","monody"]
High-class Calling
The Inquisitor had been treated with mistrust, fear, and hostility. The truth had been held from them, until the creature before them outright revealed the nature of the Monster - that they were never a Monster to begin with.

And the Inquisitor already began to show regret for their role - which was enough for the creature before them to stand a bit straighter, some of her fear alleviated - but not fully gone.

"
We…we've had to weather so many invasions from people that want to exploit what we have. That would tear down everything we've made here. I'd…I'd thought you'd be the same."

The desperation in her eyes was still there as well.

"
Then-then you'll leave? I can release you from these illusions, if you promise that you won't-"

COME

A voice rang in the Inquisitor's head - as well as the creature's.

"
Oh dear…" the creature muttered. "The Guardian…they know you're here. And they…they'll make sure that they meet you."

The implications went unsaid, but no doubt they'd be heard: either go to the Guardian and speak with it, or the Guardian would find them.

"
I…I'll show you where to meet them, if you wish to follow."

It was up to the Inquisitor whether they'd take the creature on their word - that this truly was the Guardian calling for them - or if this was something else entirely.

Prompts:
Follow the creature

or

Don't follow the creature

Optional: Ask any questions you may have

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,868 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 16:36:36 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

In the equine creature’s eyes, the female Inquisitor is a Monster. Nonetheless, Elise does see the fear alleviated in the creature and it causes the equine female to stand up straighter to her. Before the Inquistor could respond to the Rapidash saying that they’ll make the illusion go away if Elise promised to leave, the booming voice comes inside Elise’s head. It tells her to come.[break][break]

And then, the creature tells her that the Guardian wanted to meet with the ambassador and that Elise could follow the one who knew where the Guardian was. “I will trust you on that and follow.” The creature that she talks with would have no ulterior motive, considering that the Rapidash was scared of her first. Elise follows after the equine Pokemon and probably had some questions to ask about the Guardian too.[break][break]

“I was wondering if the people in the village had been lying to me about your Guardian being the Monster.” She’d talk to the creature and paints a picture that their Guardian might not be as bad as the villagers would think. “Is your Guardian a truly harmless soul who would never hurt anyone?”

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

♔ Follows the creature.[break]
♔ Asks the creature a question.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 23:25:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]But What Is It?
[attr="class","monody"]
Hello There
The creature nodded as the Inquisitor consented to follow. "Thank you," she said, a smile breaching her face as she turned, trotting out into the woods. "I can promise you that you won't be harassed any further. None of us want to go against the Guardian's words."

The path was the same that the Inquisitor had taken moments ago, the path that endlessly repeated - but the path would noticeably be different; a turn that had once seemed blocked by a tree, a well-worn path they'd never seen until now.

The Inquisitor would feel an unmistakable sensation that they were being watched; eyes peering from the distance, figures shuffling away the moment they were spotted - but true to the creature's words, not a single one approached or did any more than watch.

The Inquisitor ensured it wouldn't be a silent journey.

"
They're not…they're not harmless," the creature said, a hint of bemusement in her voice. "They're always kind to us. Many of us look up to them, and they'd never do anything to hurt us…but as a Guardian, they put their very life on the line to keep us safe."

The joy in her voice deteriorated into something morose.

"
...I've watched them kill those that would intrude on our home before…and I know that they would've found you even if you hadn't followed me."

The remainder of their walk would be a quiet one - and, fortunately, brief, for the Inquisitor would behold something truly unexpected within the depths of these woods:

Civilization.

Wooden walls stood between massive trees, a tall gate standing between the Inquisitor and the inside. Through the gate, they could see buildings, and various other creatures that dwelled within.

As they drew near, the gates rose - and one creature left the safety of the walls.

"
That," the creature guiding the Inquisitor said, "is our Guardian…they wish to meet you outside our walls."

The Guardian's form was hard to decipher at a distance, but as they grew closer, the Inquisitor would see what they were.

And they were…

Prompts:
Something Truly Strange

or

An Inquisitor That Had Been Sent Here Before You

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,868 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 20:59:08 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

As the creature answered her question, the Guardian wasn’t all that harmless. Elise is told that the Guardian would do anything to protect the forest and the creatures that make it their home. She did imagine that the Guardian would be very kind to all of the other creatures under their care. [break][break]

“I’m sure your Guardian is the most kind to you and the others.” A nod came from the ambassador as she adjusts her long purple witch’s robes. She wonders if the Guardian would enact their judgement onto her… As an Inquisitor, she’ll probably be the most suspicious in wanting to harm the forest if she was there to defeat the ‘Monster’ that the village talked about.[break][break]

The wooden gates come into view and Elise could see buildings inside the gates. Other creatures could be seen living in them and one other creature could be seen exiting from the gates.[break][break]

That creature was their Guardian as told by the female equine creature. Elise would be taken to meet with them by the female equine. She keeps herself calm and composed as expected of a member of royalty.

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

Choosing: An Inquisitor That Had Sent Here Before You

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 23:07:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]They Abandoned Their Duty
[attr="class","monody"]
Once A Fellow In Arms
The Inquisitor approached the Guardian - and as they grew closer, the Guardian's form became much easier to perceive.

It was clearly an anomaly compared to the creatures of this forest: mechanical, floating rather than walking. Something that could never have come from inside a forest.

The Inquisitor would recognize what this Guardian was; its station was no greater than their own.

And no lesser.

"
How long it has been since I've seen another Inquisitor," it said. "Even if I have cast that title aside, I bid you welcome."

The Guardian offered a bow, its gaze turning towards the equine. "
You may go now. The situation is under control."

The creature that guided the Inquisitor nodded, trotting off into the village.

"
You will have to forgive the people of these woods. They so fervently wish to protect what they have that they act on their own."

"
But…I can appreciate that you allowed them to live through their foolhardiness. Not every Inquisitor possesses such mercy."

A brief, mechanized sigh escaped from the Guardian's mouth.

"
But you came here for a purpose. The same one I once had: you are here to slay the Monster in the Woods, are you not? Then I am the one you would seek."

The Monster - the Guardian - was before them. They were both a good distance from the village; there would be little risk to the villagers within if a battle broke out.

"
Unless…you have a different reason for being here?"

Prompts:
Do as you wish

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,868 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 13:13:21 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

Being guided closer by the equine creature, the Guardian’s appearance is more apparent from the near distance. Elise finds that it’s a strange creature compared to the living, organic beings that inhabit the city behind the gate’s walls. A sight that she’s familiar with since the Guardian is one of the former Inquisitors saddled with the same job. [break][break]

The equine leaves after the Guardian dismisses them for bringing the ambassador and the ambassador bows her head in greeting. “It is very nice to meet you, Guardian.” Elise knows that this machine had once been tasked with the same job too which is to slay the Monster, a hard part to do since she had found out that this creature was the Guardian of the city now. [break][break]

“I came here for the same task you’ve been given when you were Inquisitor which is to slay the Monster.” She looks over at the Guardian who was very amicable with her in spite of the heavy task she’s been given. To slay a Guardian like this, she would rob the creatures in the city their one protector. “But when I found out that by slaying you, I would rob these creatures of their protector, I hesitated. I do not want to make these creatures you’ve guarded to be unhappy.”

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

♔ Talking to the Guardian

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 23:21:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Will You Abandon Yours?
[attr="class","monody"]
Now, A Guardian
The Inquisitor explained their purpose for being in the forest to the Guardian, who merely nodded. "I see. An Inquisitor is rarely sent for any less. But it is good to see that you have realized the cruelty of such an endeavor."

For one that showed mercy, was no doubt capable of the compassion to abandon such a cruel duty.

"
But…there is still a complication we must discuss."

If only such mercy could resolve the issue.

"
Now that you know of the people that live here, about me being here, I cannot allow you to leave."

The words were spoken with no hostility - if anything, there was a reluctance to its words.

"
Though there are those that venture into the forest such as ourselves, we are still few and far between. The forest's legacy keeps out many, which has allowed those within it to live their lives in peace and harmony. It is a fearsome legacy, but if it were broken, it would invite those who would seek to exploit what the people have."

For few ever dared venture into these woods - and none returned to tell of what they found within.

"
...but I have no desire to harm you. I would, rather, invite you to live among us as an equal. You would eat with us, celebrate with us, be loved by us - and defend our woods with us from those who would threaten it."

But would the Inquisitor be willing to accept such a drastic change for their life?

Prompts:
Do as you wish

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,868 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 23:59:27 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

It was inevitable that knowing about its citizens and the Guardian’s existence wouldn’t allow her to leave. The Guardian speaks about a complication, one that it fears of the forest’s legacy being broken and that legacy being exploited by unsavory people who wished to do harm to the residents there. [break][break]

She wondered what would happen if she didn’t do as the Inquisitor would be told to do. Those who asked an Inquisitor to do that cruel job would likely give a punishment.[break][break]

But what if she could escape it by taking the Guardian’s invite? Surely, it would be a better fate than to die at the hands of the higher ups.[break][break]

“Whatever punishment would be sent to me if I failed to do my task, it is certain that it would give me a very cruel death.” The purple robed Inquisitor considers the offer made by the robotic Guardian. “But living among you and your kind and being able to celebrate, eat, and live in peace would be a far better fate. It would ensure my safety as long as I can help protect the forest.”[break][break]

This was a very drastic change that she’s comfortable with.[break][break]

“So I will accept your offer to live among you and your kind, Guardian.”

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

♔ Talking to the Guardian

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2024 16:42:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/HeartToHeart.mp3[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Despite Everything, You're Still You
[attr="class","monody"]
Now, Who Do You Want To Be?
And so, the Inquisitor gave their answer: they would join the village, no matter what the consequences may be.

The Guardian blinked a few times, as if caught off guard by the sudden acceptance. "
...there are few that would so readily accept such an offer. But I will not try to dissuade you. I'm grateful that you have accepted our offer."

The Guardian turned to the village, waving towards it. Audible cheering could be heard from the village; it'd seemed that some of the villagers had been watching their encounter. And, clearly, were pleased with the outcome.

"
There will be some work to do to fully integrate you with our village. People to meet, rituals to perform, celebrations to be had. But I can assure you, your new life here will be far more fulfilling than the life you once lived."

"
Though I suppose we would need to decide on what you will be now; this village has no need for Inquisitors, which was why I cast aside my previous title. You now have the chance to do the same, and be something else."

The Inquisitor was presented with an opportunity that not all had; they could completely reinvent themself.

But what would they choose to be, given the chance?

Prompts:
Who do you want to be?
Note: The Story will conclude after your post.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,868 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 14:49:19 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

The Inquisitor appeared to be quite surprised at how readily the former one would accept such an offer when so few would rather die than to join the target they were supposed to kill. While she expected the Guardian to be cautious of her, the robotic creature approves of her accepted offer and waved over the villagers that came to audibly cheer for her induction.[break][break]

“Thank you for your kind acceptance, Guardian. I am certain that I will live a more fulfilling life than the one I previously led.” She gratefully spoke to the Guardian while she might have to get fully integrated before starting her new life in the village too. “If you would permit it, I would like to become a Guardian like you and the others that have taken up that post.”[break][break]

She wishes to protect the village and the Forest itself from others that may exploit the creatures for their own gain. Now that she had seen how much they fight for its protection, it was only fair that she’d add her strength to the mix.

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

♔ She's choosing to become a Guardian hehe

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,649 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 0:18:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Gee Billy, Your Village Lets You Have Two Guardians?!
[attr="class","monody"]
Guardians in Arms
The Inquisitor was grateful for the Guardian's acceptance, and they were quick to decide on what their new title would be.

They would no longer be an Inquisitor - they chose to follow in the steps of the Inquisitor before them, and become a Guardian.

The older Guardian held their hands to their chest; were their face capable of such, they would be blushing with a wide smile on their face. "
I'll always accept a fellow-in-arms as a Guardian," they exclaimed, the exuberance in their voice clear. "As well as those that we shall protect."

"
Now come! We have much to celebrate; we've festivities and cake to enjoy!"

And thus ends this tale. Once more, someone entered the woods, and would never leave them. Perhaps in time, another would enter these woods, whether out of curiosity for what was within, to seek out those who were now lost, or to hunt down the Monster within.

But there was no Monster In The Woods.

There were two Guardians, and the people they protected.

MADE BY MIZO

"Well done on finding your way through this ordeal."

Elise's exit from the dream was just as abrupt as it had started, sitting just as she'd been as she started, once more within the Gym room. The Dream Mist the two Musharna had let out was being filtered away by a Galarian Weezing, reality becoming clear once more. A small *thump* could be heard as Hideo closed the book.

"Did you enjoy your search for the Monster In The Woods?" Hideo asked, a smile on his face. "Because I think you did pretty well! You were able to find your way through each trial you faced, and in the end, you made a choice that completely changed your life - and the people in the woods would forever be grateful for it."

Hideo lifted his book up, a Magearna floating over and taking it off his hands.

"Now then: do you have any questions about your journey? Was there anything you would've done differently if given the chance?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP