saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rights and wrongs
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 7:36:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","retiredsilphbg"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphtxt"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphicon"]
"i wouldn't know. i don't own a sygna suit. but i imagine it would still pale in comparison."

because SYGNA SUITS are built using SYNC STONES, and those are merely conduits for INFINITY ENERGY. though a powerful bond is required to utilize them correctly, those bonds are more often than not built upon good and pure memories. they empower, not corrupt.

at what josh says next, matias can do no more than blink in response.

" lost control?"
[attr="class","retiredsilphtag"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphpkmn"]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,944 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
rights and wrongs
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 1:35:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"With how wealthy you are from being in League upper management, I thought you would have one for sure," Josh replied with a shrug. "Being synced with a Pokémon, you give up a small part of what it means to be human, and your Pokémon gives up a small part of what it means to be a Pokémon. So you two have a small part of each other with you. Is it anything like that?"

Perhaps it would be a better question for , who had experience with both a Sygna Suit and an Avatarship.

"Thankfully, it was in a situation where the only life that was in danger was his own," Josh added. "Ever since Meteno, where I saw Kyurem's ice attacks hurt him, I've suspected something might be wrong with their bond. He challenged Mauville Gym with Articuno not long after my suspension was over."

That was a little white lie; one that would likely never be uncovered. It was the one challenge he took during the time period he wasn't supposed to. It was for the good of the League in his eyes; he wanted to help repair the bond between the Composed and his Patron.

"It wasn't even close. My Zeraora beat him by... over ten seconds. It's like Articuno won't listen to him."

{PC: 16}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aleph         Type: Null     Fair
Raikou        Raging Bolt    Good
Entei         Gouging Fire   Fair
Suicune       Walking Wake   Good
Swift         Raikou         Good
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rights and wrongs
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 4:30:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"i guess it's similar."

matias actively avoided a SYGNA SUIT due to the constraints it places on the bond avatars share with their patrons. he valued his powers and connection too much to sever that even if only temporarily. in many ways, he needed that presence in his mind as he thought that was what grounded him.

the conversation moves on.

"to be honest, i often forget he even has articuno, and when i do remember, i wonder why they're still together."

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,944 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
rights and wrongs
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 5:06:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There were, of course, far worse problems than simply not being able to outrace Josh. In the depths of Shoal Cave, Articuno had turned on Lars. What exactly transpired down there would be a secret between the two and perhaps , the AQUA member he felt was most closely connected to Avatar studies. Matias may already have been aware from when the Terastal caves opened up beneath the Pokémon League last summer.

"He needs help, Matias. Having been an Avatar with a Patron who was out of control, you're in a better position than anyone else to help him through this. It might help both of you understand your Patrons better."

Josh's eyes turned toward the Type: Null and the trio of paradoxes, Swift's grey eyes surveilling the ranch, as well. It seemed the four of them were starting to tire. It had been a great training session for them, particularly Aleph. For the first time since going to Area Zero, he looked ready to drop. "Wow, they went way harder than I thought they would," he idly remarked.

{PC: 18}

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
rights and wrongs
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 9:25:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

silently, he wonders how managed to lose control of ARTICUNO, the legendary bird known to be calm, cool, and collected, because it doesn't sound as though it was a loss of control, but perhaps a loss of respect.

his head dips in resignation before nodding.

"i no longer have a patron, but you're right. i'll reach out to him but i'll only be able to help if he wants to be helped."

turning, he spares a gesture to the land around his ranch.

"you're free to stay as long as you want. just be sure to clean up after yourselves."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,944 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
rights and wrongs
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 23:43:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was the best Josh could offer for both of them. He wanted to see them both succeed within the League - even if Matias was no longer an Avatar. "Just remember, if you need help with the path to redemption, I've gone through this, too. Don't think I've forgotten about Eris. Frankly, I'm just glad to see you're back to being the Matias I remember. The one I admired. Don't ever change like that again, okay?"

Josh was surprised to see Matias extend use of his ranch to him. "Thanks so much. We'll take a look around, then if my Pokémon are feeling better, let them get one more sparring session in. I do have somewhere I need to be later today, though. Great seeing you again!"

Once he was ready to leave, he slid off Swift and waved goodbye, genuinely happy to have seen Matias for the first time since they had gone out to dinner together. Perhaps he could arrange for that Champion dinner still... this fall or thereabouts. The last thing Matias would see would be Josh drawing the Raikou's Sign to withdraw him back into the RAINBOW FEATHER.

{PC: 19}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,841 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
rights and wrongs
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 23:18:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven