saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 3:56:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","retiredsilphbg"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphtxt"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphicon"]
matias had everything and he still wanted more, but not once did he ever think that what he had wasn't enough; this distinction is important to him.

"it didn't hurt but it sure as shit was boring. you came around at the right time because you—you are both the highs and the lows—i never know which one i'm getting which made you all the more appealing.

"but then i came to learn more about you; your life; your story; who you are as a person; and i realized there was more to you beyond that."

he growled at the spray of water, not able to avoid it from being too close to her.

"do that again. i dare you."
[attr="class","retiredsilphtag"]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 4:09:35 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

She didn't want to hear this from him. Didn't want to acknowledge any part of it could be true, for him or for her.[break][break]

She'd not wanted to know his story; she'd not asked to sympathize with the lost little orphan in Kanto, forced to live an unhappy life in a powerful family much like she had.[break][break]

"Shut up," she ordered him, but her voice wasn't as loud as she wanted it to be. It didn't matter. Either way, he wouldn't listen. "You don't know me. You never knew me."[break][break]

The ocean stilled for a moment, curiously calm as fog rolled in. She remained still, but in the shadows, a figure took shape he'd recognize. Large blue eyes stared at him, looming behind her from Tapu Fini's hooded visage. Aware of the power disparity between the two, the Ariados scuttled further up the dunes, far from the reach of the tides.[break][break]

Elisabeth's Sygna Suit controlled her otherworldly powers, but her patrons were under no such constraint.[break][break]

The glare in her eyes wasn't resentful, but vindictive.[break][break]

"I'll do as I please."[break][break]

When the Guardian of the Sea's SURF crashed down on them both, it drowned out everything else he might have wanted to say.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 4:19:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

the ariados scuttling away is a telltale sign of what's to come. he knows it; he feels it; and as the ocean drags away from him, his eyes widen, knowing the worse has yet to come.

but he chooses to do nothing about it. his hand raises, his wrist flicks, but the earth does not bend to him anymore. here, in the misty tides of lilycove, he is a mere visitor—no, he is an intruder.

consequence comes in the form of a SURF so strong that it threatens to drown him. he won't let it, however, as he reaches for his bargaining chip.

pulling her into him, his arms wrap around her before the wave sends them tumbling underneath the water.

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 4:31:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her scream died the instant the water engulfed them, his arms dragging her into the ocean's unforgiving embrace.[break][break]

The lack of foresight struck her belatedly: did even know how to swim? Faint memories strung together of how much he loathed the sea, of the primal hatred he held for Kyogre's domain as Groudon's chosen.[break][break]

She squirmed and thrashed in the currents, legs kicking out in terror that he might drown her with him in an errant riptide.[break][break]

Tapu Fini won't let me die, she reminded herself, the mantra repeating over and over in her mind. She won't, she won't, she won't--[break][break]

But why wouldn't she? Wasn't replaceable enough for that deity to relinquish its hold? Hadn't been replaced that very same way?[break][break]

Mercifully, they broke the surface of the shifting waves, and Elisabeth gasped as her blonde hair spiderwebbed across her face to prevent herself from taking a lungful of air. Panic jerked her head back and forth, long curls tossed back to allow for breathing.[break][break]

"You'll kill us both," she rasped at him, fighting to escape his hold.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 4:38:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

if one thing has stood the test of time, it's the fact that hates the ocean. he despises it, loathes it, and has always stayed away from it unless duty required otherwise. to be trapped in tumbling waves and threatened to be pulled into the depths of the ocean now is terrifying.

when he finally breaks through the surface, his gasp for air is short and haggard as he continues fighting for control over her. wet salmon hair may lap across his face but they do little to hide the guilt in his expression.

"maybe that's what we fucking deserve."

but that would be mercy, and he's done taking shortcuts.

he lets her go.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 4:49:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Without him anchoring her down, she rose to the surface with ease, able to return back to the safety of land. The sheer power of the curling wave left her dizzy, surprised at this reminder of how much sway Tapu Fini had over her chosen element.[break][break]

Breathing became steady, and drunken thoughts sobered as she faced the guilty look on 's face. That he could feel guilt at all confused her, and when the waves ebbed to allow easy passage back to shore, those words haunted her and replayed in an unbearable loop:[break][break]

"Maybe that's what we fucking deserve."[break][break]

Tapu Fini floated closer, gliding over the fog-laden water as it lowered in answer to her moonlit presence. It would allow even for Matias to find his way back to the sands, should he need the assistance. Still, an uneasy tension lingered in the air between them, a hint at the NATURE'S MADNESS that could have yet come to pass.[break][break]

"You need to forget me," she said at last, kneeling on the beach to catch her breath. Her Ariados tentatively skittered back, assessing her state. "You realize that, don't you? It'll just be more of this, over and over again."[break][break]

The highs he thought they shared weren't highs. Only lows in disguise.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 4:55:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

as much as the thought of it has him cringing, he accepts the help offered by TAPU FINI, taking the moonlit path laid out before him as though it's the only one worth taking; in many ways, it is.

stumbling to her side, he doesn't crumple to the sand like she does. he remains standing, body hunched over as his hands rest on his knees.

"let me ask you this," he coughs, sighs, "could you ever forget me?"

leaning over, he reaches to deactivate her SYGNA SUIT; a gesture of kindness, perhaps, as he looks to set her free with her mind sober, but not whole.

"you should go, elisa."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 12:02:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"It would be nice if I was that kind of person," she said, and laughed bitterly. "The kind who forgets."[break][break]

The deactivation of her Sygna Suit brought back too much sobering clarity, ripping back the blurred and blunted edges of inebriation. A selfish self-indulgence overtook her, and she rolled over until she laid back flat against the sand. Staring up at the sky, its benevolent moon beaming down on her, she felt all the suppressed resentment flood her from the inside out.[break][break]

It wasn't that her Avatarships made her immune. Wo-chien just left her forever poisoned, while denied any release from the pain.[break][break]

"I'm the one that gets forgotten."[break][break]

She ignored the way Tapu Fini watched her, silent as a sentinel from the distant vantage point of its waves.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 3:45:36 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

he forgets; she gets forgotten. that's how this story is meant to play out—it's how it should play out—but even if he wanted to forget, he couldn't, because that's not who he is anymore. that's not the kind of man he wants to be.

his gaze follows her to the sand before his body does the same. he lays next to her, peering up at stars he has no desire to appreciate but does tonight. just tonight.

"you can rest easy because i'm not going to forget you."

he sighs.

"i don't think i ever could."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 4:50:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"No?" she remarked drily, shifting towards him. "You've had plenty of practice."[break][break]

An eyebrow lifted, interrogative.[break][break]

"Forgetting a fiancée, then forgetting the woman you left for her? For someone like you, forgetting the woman who tried to kill you should be as easy as breathing."[break][break]

Forgetting the parts of her he liked, at the very least, was to be expected. That always vanished first. She felt she could almost sense her value diminishing minute by minute, hour by hour, as those who claimed to cherish her most eventually grew tired and weary of her presence.[break][break]

If you expected it, then it stopped hurting so much. That's what she told herself, anyway.[break][break]

"You're loyal to the wrong kind of people," she said, glancing away again. "That's something we have in common."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 5:03:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

with a groan, he tilts to lay on his side, inviting her interrogation and perhaps more.

"yeah, and it's through practice that i've come to learn how much i hate who i was and what i had done to them. that wasn't me, at least not entirely."

she should know better than anyone how it feels to have their mind torn apart, never to be whole again, always to doubt their integrity.

he doesn't glance away when she does.

"and who are you loyal to, hm?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 5:14:45 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Who was it, then? If not you."[break][break]

Her brow furrowed, discomforted by the deja vu of this line of conversation. The moonlight mocked her, shining down on the emptied out beach and the man next to her who embodied many of her worst mistakes. Somewhere, where she refused to meet its gaze, Tapu Fini waited for her to make another.[break][break]

She curled into herself, a thin trickle of water rolling in and then fading out with the sigh of a weak-willed wave. Her Ariados lingered several paces away, sensing its presence was unwanted and staying to the shadows.[break][break]

"In that prison, everyone forgot me." It didn't upset her, exactly. It didn't hurt her, either. But it left a hollow ache inside her, a reassurance of a miserable truth she'd quietly hoped to prove wrong this time. "There aren't many people who think I matter. But the few who claimed they did, forgot me easily enough."[break][break]

Idly a finger drew shapes in the sand, confusing memories of holding 's hand and then being defended by after a week of indifference returning to her with unwanted insistence.[break][break]

"I don't know why I ever expect any different."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 5:29:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

finding no response to her question, he lets it pass, not wanting to linger on the thought of who had he been if not himself. the time for self-reflection is later, when he's back at the ranch, alone with nothing else but his thoughts.

he shifts closer, propping up on an elbow to allow himself a better look at her. tentatively, he reaches out for her knowing she would most likely burn him.

it's worth it, he decides.

"i didn't forget you in the border, i didn't forget you earlier at the restaurant, and i didn't forget you even as i lost myself at chimney. if that's not enough, then what is?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 5:40:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

This time, she didn't have an answer for him.[break][break]

He sounded so earnest when he was like this. That had been the knife that twisted her heart the most, discovering the genuine sense of contentment she appeared to bring him. She wasn't used to being a source of peace for someone; she wasn't used to being wanted at all.[break][break]

With an uncertainty that mirrored shyness, her eyes finally found his. A familiar fear fluttered up inside of her again at how intently he stared at her, reflecting his stubborn refusal to abandon her. Was that something she'd wanted, that loyalty? Not from him, maybe, but from someone else?[break][break]

She shifted uncomfortably. This all felt too easy. Too unearned.[break][break]

You couldn't trust this kind of devotion.[break][break]

"Prove it to me," she dared him, holding his gaze as she subtly drew closer. "Convince me."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 10:18:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

deep down, hidden underneath the bravado and certainty he presents is guilt layered so thin that it could almost dissipate should he allow it. it would be so easy to; it would not even exist should he still be the man he was when he first met her.

his gaze finds hers. it drifts down to her lips, then back up to familiar ochre hues.

she's wrong not to trust this kind of devotion, but she's right not to trust it from him.

"how?"

he knows how. his question only serves to delay the inevitable.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing