Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 2:04:39 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Maybe you can't."[break][break]

She tried to ignore where his eyes wandered, keeping hers resolutely fixed on his expression.[break][break]

Was that all she'd ever be to him, then? Never a Rocket and never a criminal who'd attempted to take his life -- just a woman, one he was determined to win over by any means necessary.[break][break]

How much of this was about her at all, and how much of it was nothing more than wounded pride?[break][break]

"It's no easy thing," she reminded him, "to surrender yourself to another person."[break][break]

When he'd reached for her, though, she'd not resisted his approach. She'd merely looked at him, hesitant and uncertain.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 9:41:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","retiredsilphbg"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphtxt"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphicon"]
oddly, none of it has to do with his pride no matter how wounded and bleeding it may be. he is here of his own volition, he has remained because of his volition, and it will be because of his volition that he eventually steps away.

"no, it isn't. but you surrendered yourself to me once, no matter how brief."

he can't help the way he drifts closer.

"can you do the same again?"
[attr="class","retiredsilphtag"]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 17:04:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"And how did that turn out for you, the last time?"[break][break]

So long as he handed her this weakness, Rocket would wield it against him over and over again. They'd tell her to strike him while he was vulnerable, and like any obedient weapon, she would. Her wants didn't matter, not when her own survival was at stake.[break][break]

"You surrendered to me first, and you lost."[break][break]

He'd call it cowardice, but it was pragmatism. The moment 's Unown caught them, Matias's fate had been sealed. He'd be wise to keep distance from her now.[break][break]

Instead, precious little space remained between them on the shore. He had strayed close enough that she could hear his breathing, her body anticipating the residual warmth that would come with closing the distance between them.[break][break]

And yet, like any starved, broken, and unloved creature, part of her quietly ached for this: not to be wanted by him, but to be wanted.[break][break]

This was a uniquely cruel form of torture, to be taunted with the one thing she wanted most but from the one person she least wanted to give it.[break][break]

"I won't give you that kind of power over me," she swore to him, and he'd hear the conviction in that promise as much as he'd notice the fact she had yet to leave. "That was your mistake, not mine."[break][break]

She'd already made that fatal misstep with other men. She knew better.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 5:12:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

he more than lost — he lost everything. and yet here he is, laying beside her underneath starlight as though the only thing that matters is them. but make no mistake; no bubble safeguards them; at least not one strong enough.

"i don't want power over you."

his palm moves from her cheek up to her hair, running through it gently as he leans closer and closer. this is nothing new for them; like clockwork, they find themselves back where they belong.

"i just want you."

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 6:01:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

He'd given her the chance to run, and she'd squandered it.[break][break]

His hand brushed through her blonde hair with such exquisite tenderness, it seemed to belong to someone different than the man in front of her. This couldn't be the man who'd fastened his hands around her throat, or the man who had demanded that Mt. Chimney erupt for his greed and ambition. He held her too gently for that.[break][break]

But impossibly, he was.[break][break]

A childish instinct possessed her, believing if she closed her eyes some part of her couldn't be blamed for staying here. Maybe he was right, and it wasn't power over her he wanted; maybe it was enough that he'd given her power over him. And hadn't she selfishly wanted that? Hadn't it validated her to be desired by him like this, only to turn around and crush him beneath her heel?[break][break]

It had felt safe, accepting a love she didn't believe in. You could go through the motions unhurt and unharmed.[break][break]

That traitorous part of her -- the miserable unfed void that yearned to be held and to be adored and to be cherished -- held her in place, reminding her there was no warm bed to return to in Mauville. There was no cottage waiting for her in the Petalburg Woods, either, where another man might meet with her among the crystablooms. There was no kind man promising her an ending she hadn't earned, walking hand-in-hand in the fields of Floarama Town.[break][break]

had been the one to pursue her, not the other way around. Her heart had always belonged to another. Yet when his words came back to her, they rang differently this time:[break][break]

"Maybe it's what we fucking deserve."[break][break]

So she closed her eyes to the truth of what he was, and more importantly, who he wasn't.[break][break]

Her body pressed against his, warm against the sand, and waited for him to ruin her the way she'd ruined him.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 4:57:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

his heart thrums in his chest as gently as the way his hand runs through her hair, offering her tenderness only a select few have ever come to experience from him, a man so volatile that it's a miracle a cataclysm hasn't already happened. she may not be deserving of it, especially not after all she's done, but it is what he's willing to offer.

until he isn't.

had left his home days ago and yet he lingers, craving her presence as though she were the MISTY TERRAIN elisabeth possesses; intoxicating, inviting, damning; he realizes annalise isn't any of that at all. he doesn't want her because of any of that.

he just wants her.

"elisa."

his head shakes. his hand retreats. his heart rescinds.

"i can't do this anymore."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 3:47:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The moment ended with a shaky breath as her eyes opened, watching his hand withdraw from her.[break][break]

No longer spellbound, the two stared at one another with the discomfort of the growing distance between them; as much as she'd desired that outcome when this encounter began, it held a finality to it now that stunned her. Her lips moved, prepared to say something biting in response, but no sound came out.[break][break]

Had she wanted to believe his lies, despite herself? Loneliness left her hollow enough to wonder. Only monsters could tolerate other monsters, or so she'd long believed.[break][break]

"Of course." At last she found her voice, quiet and unable to hide its woundedness. "You only want what you can't have. When the chase ends, so does the thrill of the hunt for you."[break][break]

She roused herself to standing, wiping the sand from her white clothing as she turned her back on him. There was a comfort in this, she tried to tell herself. He was predictable, both in how he pursued her and how he discarded her.[break][break]

It affirmed what she already knew. It shamed her with what she pretended not to know about herself.[break][break]

"The next time we meet one another, we'll know better."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 8:42:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

such a reaction is expected but the guilt it brings isn't. it feels odd and out of place considering all she has done to him, to , and to the region, but the quiet of her voice is enough to evoke it from him.

his head shakes.

"that's not it."

but what's the point in trying to explain, he realizes, to a woman as stubborn as he is? should their roles be reversed, he doubts he would listen either.

rising to his feet, he lingers, unsure what to say or what to do. he decides on the truth.

"i meant what i said about loyalty. someone else has it now, and i owe it to them to keep my word."

someone far more deserving than the rocket underboss.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 3:57:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"You? Loyal?" Her head rolled back in hysterical laughter, shoulders shaking as she held herself in place. "Ah, yes. Just as you were loyal to ? Just as you were loyal to the woman who came after? Just as you were loyal to me, or so you claimed?"[break][break]

He shouldn't have been able to affect her like this. All this time, she'd expected him to leave her one way or another. She'd never relaxed for an instant, and never believed his devotions lasted beyond the immediate needs of his ego.[break][break]

And yet, here she was, pride stung with a casual reminder of how disposable she was.[break][break]

"'Loyal,'" she scoffed, tossing her blonde hair as she stalked off with her Ariados. "You don't fucking know what the word means."[break][break]

Her heart sank into the pits of her stomach, churning and bitter as the waves chased her in her retreat. She didn't look behind her to see if he followed her; she doubted he would, now that she no longer had anything worth giving him.[break][break]

That's all she'd been to him, really. A warm body. A placeholder until someone else ignited his interest, or captured his curiosity and attention. This wasn't new information. She knew exactly the kind of man he was when she allowed herself this delusional little game.[break][break]

Yet here she was, licking her wounds like the scorned creature she was.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 4:45:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

he wants to bark back defensively but he holds his tongue, knowing better than to add fuel to the fire even if it's so incredibly tempting to.

blinking, he states:

"you're hurt."

which confuses him, because why would she feel this hurt over someone she claimed to have never cared for? to have never loved? her pride must have taken bigger hits than this before, so maybe it doesn't have anything to do with him in the first place.

the sight of her drinking her sorrows away at the restaurant returns to mind. he hadn't clocked it before, but she looked lonely then; lost, confused, and perhaps hurt.

she stalks off. he follows.

"what happened with bee?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 5:12:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Don't do that," she seethed at him, and the water rippled with her agitation, Tapu Fini observing her in silence. "Don't pretend you care. Not about me, and not about Bee."[break][break]

Her eyes met those of the piscine deity, big and luminous and blue as they watched her abandon the brother of the man they'd bound her to. A hatefulness washed over her then, its source difficult to discern but its emotional weight impossible to ignore.[break][break]

Had this been the path Tapu Fini had wanted from her? It had to be. It had to want to erode the other ties she held, to and otherwise. Though the deity hadn't needed to lift a single finger to accomplish that end, did it?[break][break]

She ruined everything she touched all on her own.[break][break]

"Whoever it is you're chasing now? Know that she'll leave you, too. Because you're right -- we're alike, you and I."[break][break]

The salt-kissed sea breeze whipped her blonde hair around her, and to her horror, the cruel winds struck tear-stained cheeks. Swearing under her breath, she wiped them away with the back of her hand, exhaling sharply.[break][break]

"When people find out the truth of who we are, they leave us. Always."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 10:56:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

stubborn as usual, she deflects any genuine concern she receives with the belief that it'd keep her safe and unharmed. it's actually what's killing her; the pain slow and cruel.

"i'm not pretending."

but he had been mere moments ago up until he wasn't. all of the things he's said to her tonight were true at one point in time, but perhaps not anymore.

"i'm not leaving you because of who you are. i accepted you fucking ages ago."

what she says next silences any further concern from leaving him. he bites down on his tongue, caught off guard at the sight of walking away from him.

"she won't leave me."

he blinks.

"she won't."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 22:31:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

That itchy, restless feeling that had overtaken her in the penitentiary returned again; she tried to ignore it, but it was no use. The dam of her resentment had already burst.[break][break]

"I think you're always pretending," she said, and her rage rose like the tides, flooding out with no outlet save for the man before her. "I think you're afraid of what will happen, if you stay with any one person too long."[break][break]

Her self-righteousness and discontent mingled together, leaving behind an odd taste of anger in her mouth. Still, she couldn't stop herself from talking. It seemed like the only way to make that bitter taste go away.[break][break]

"Even your beloved Peacekeeper was bound to run out of patience. You knew, one day, she'd realize the truth and she'd run from you. So you ran first."[break][break]

The truth burned, every time she forced herself to confront it.[break][break]

"And that's why you leave. That's why you hurt them with everything you have, Matias--to test them. You want to see how much of your true self they can tolerate before they--before they--"[break][break]

She bit her tongue, eyes watering, and shook her head. What did any of it matter? She hadn't wanted him, not the way he'd wanted her to want him. He'd never need her the way she needed to be needed.[break][break]

There was nothing to envy over.[break][break]

Matias and her had this in common: anyone foolish enough to care for either of them deserved pity, if only for the hurt they unwittingly invited in.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,459 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 4:33:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

they really are alike, because every ounce of venom she spits can be mirrored without losing any bit of potency. she's always pretending. she's afraid. she pushes people away. she leaves. she hurts them. she tests them.

that's what she has been doing to him, isn't it? and it's what he's been defying over and over with no end in sight. his stance has always been known; he hadn't been lying then.

"shut up."

her eyes may water but his are as dry as the desert.

"i'm not you, elisa, so stop projecting."

he advances.

"why do you care anyways? you never wanted me. you've made that clear from the moment you met me."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE DROWNING HOUR
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 5:06:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The more he tried to silence her, the more infuriated with him she became.[break][break]

"Was it a relief, to finally chase someone worse than you?"[break][break]

He'd started this. He and his brother were alike, in that they'd dragged her into these situations--greedy, insensitive, and uncaring at what her initial desires might have been.[break][break]

Even now, he'd been meant to reject her when she primed him for that discarding. Instead he'd lied, and she'd wondered how anyone could lie about something so cruel. It defied all logic, to think a man could forgive the crimes she'd committed.[break][break]

"Commit to hating me, then. Commit to the rejection in its entirety. I can't tolerate whatever this... in-between place is."[break][break]

His concern reeked of suffocating pity and condescension. She'd accept neither from him.[break][break]

Her fingers reached for the Pokeballs that hung loose around the waist of her dress, returning her Ariados so that a Butterfree emerged in its stead. Fluttering around her, it waited patiently for orders to TELEPORT on her command.[break][break]

"If you don't want me, there's no reason for us to resist killing each other. So let's not pretend there is."[break][break]

Especially when that reason hadn't stopped them from killing each other in the first place.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing