he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 17:42:02 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"] -----

[break]
[attr="class","leprosearlo"]

Despite his fatigue Razz knew that war was on the horizon, and while he knows he was well prepared he wasn't sure about his fellow Rangers. Razz had been trained to fight in a war near all his young life, be it his mother or . So he knew plenty of dirty tactics that Rocket would use and was willing to act the 'rocket' to help with their training. So he put an announcement on the Ranger feed if any Ranger wanted training for what was to come they could come to Slateport and he would have something set up. [break][break]

When sent him a message about it he couldn't help but raise a brow at it given the other's opinion of him. Yet he wasn't going to say no so tells him to come as he thinks of an exercise to do. Clearly it was going to have to be more advance than his usual things with the standard cadets. [break][break]

So by the time he does come Razz is prepared waiting on a bench within the training grounds. Once Josh had arrived one of his secretaries would tell him where to go. Pawniard and Bisharp of multiple colors all around as well as several other pokemon Razz allowed to just roam the grounds. The captain on his phone waiting as Salem was scrolling through it as the cat was trying to show him yet another game he's downloaded

[break][break]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Mission: Dauntless Shield

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#b13e53;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo a]color:#84c5d0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#b13e53;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 8:23:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
When Josh had died and been reborn in front of 's Patron, so did his grudges toward . Whether he would be helping trainees prepare for ear or undergo training himself, he was as ready as he was going to get. Dashie, his Galarian Rapidash, gently levitated him to the ground; he hadn't gone through enough rehab to put that kind of pressure on his arm and shoulder yet. The young man walked through Slateport HQ's office to get to the training grounds in the rear, releasing and getting back on the psychic equine with telekinetic assistance.

"Hey, Captain," Josh set Dashie's reins down and waved toward the Slateport League official, his demeanor in no way hostile. Friendly, even. "Long time no see! How you been?" His arm's bandages and wrappings would have been almost impossible for the young Ranger to miss. Pinned to his blue Ranger uniform was a RAINBOW FEATHER that gleamed in the sunlight.

{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Dashie          Rapidash          Good
Swift           Raikou            Good
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 2:14:54 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Once the other arrives Razz is off the phone, though Salem seems deep in a match with someone online. He didn't really understand the card game, but Salem was somehow in the top rankings so he was clearly enjoying it enough for the both of them. Though as he sees Josh he can't help but raise his brow at him, not that it could be seen given his headband but his confusion was all the same. "Devlin," he greets because as far as he is concerned this is a professional meeting, not a random get together, and as such he will follow professionalism. He considers the question but still looks at the other. [break][break]

His own problems go ignored because most of his issues were psychological, "Better than you on the surface at least," he comments clearly concerned about the other's health, "Why would you ask for training when you're in this condition?" he questions noting the Ranger uniform over a sygna suit as well which Razz was in as he was prepped.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#b13e53;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 7:37:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Professional, certainly. A bit too uptight for Josh's tastes, but that was Razz. A little business-friendly tone and demeanor wouldn't hurt, would it? "I know, Razz, I know. But the war's not gonna wait. And I'm a Champion now," his colleague insisted. "It's not like my arm's completely useless, either. I can still use it; I just have to be careful not to put too much stress on it." The young man unpinned the RAINBOW FEATHER from its spot on his uniform and drew the Sign. electrified ash coalescing into the form of a monochrome Beast.

"I had reached out to AQUA and former AQUA about getting help with strengthening Swift," Josh explained as Dashie loosed a HEAL PULSE from his horn to relax its aches away. "And I'm at the end of my rope. He hasn't been able to defeat a single of my Gym Pokémon in battle, and I don't know why."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 7:00:18 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"Even more reason why you should take it easy because we both know you'll be needed when war hits," Razz stresses and hopes his lessons drills through, "Sending the injured into battle is a Kanto Rocket strategy," he knows this from experience but he won't mention that part. For all the Rangers needed to know was that he was a knowledgeable captain, at least until the favor is called and his mask can finally come off. "I rather not have our Rangers be running themselves into the ground like expendable soldiers."[break][break]

Sure the other probably saw himself as a Gym Leader first, but he was still a Ranger and Razz would do what he could to look after them. Though still he stands back as the other does his show and watching as the grayscale Raikou appears. His single eye widens in surprise about it, he had heard about it but seeing it was still different. Part of him thought back to the Ranger gathering and how Josh's obsessions felt more like a problem than a proper motivator, but he'll keep an eye out to see if it were. Though while Razz's reaction was mild at best Salem seemed impressed, the psychic cat actually looking up from the phone as he goes to poke the ashed legend. [break][break]

He puts his hand to his chin in thought about the other's concern, mind pondering on all potential problems, "Well for one you haven't had them as long as you've had your GYM pokemon, can't really expect to have the same amount of sync with them as you do the rest," he offers his first theory on the matter, "What do you feel you two need to work on?"

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 0:55:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The concerns were not without merit and did not go over Josh's head. They were perfectly valid. He needed to rest; rehab and riding on a horse Pokémon gave his left arm enough of a workout. "That's why I'm not asking for physical training. Not for me directly," the Knight of Thunder answered. "I've already resigned that I won't be riding Swift into battle any time soon, like I did in Galar." That was, of course, while Swift was still under Kyle's care. It was one of his most triumphant moments, and one he wished he could relive. He still had the hilt of that sword, his one physical memory of it all. Perhaps one day, he could make a blade out of it again, though it would certainly not slice with the speed of an ELECTRO BALL.

When asked what he wanted to work on, Josh scratched his head a couple times before bringing up his woes with the Beast. "He can already run faster than an Extreme Speeding Arcanine," the Elite Ranger replied, proud of how fast Swift was. Many times while he was in the hospital, he daydreamed of slamming his heels into the creature's flanks and zooming across Hoenn so fast that even his eyes couldn't fully follow. "But that's all he's good at. Where he lacks is in battles, both on offense and on defense. When I first matched him up with my Gym Pokémon, he's only been able to use Spark. Since getting back from Ultra Space, he's learned Quick Attack. I think Kyle would be disappointed if the Beast he entrusted me with became no more than a glorified beast of burden."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 1:34:47 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Okay so the other had some sense in him that was good. Least without his having to worry about Josh he could solely focus on what could be done to help the monochrome Raikou. He isn't completely foreign with training legends as he had Reshiram help him train at one point but this was still something different. [break][break]

"Then we'll train and teach them that running isn't the only way to defend," Razz offers nodding to himself as he gets out a whistle, "Think you two are ready?" he questions not bothering to let him in on what was going on because he knows in war their enemies weren't going to give them a briefing and he wasn't going to do the same.[break][break]

Though he would gesture for Josh to join him at his side.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 22:30:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a superb idea: one of a Raikou's best defenses was his speed. Whether he was while still alive prior to the Kanto invasion, or as an ashen memory in Kyle's care, speed was an incredible offensive and defensive tool. There were times, though, when Swift wouldn't be able to use that. Terrain, Pokémon moves like Mean Look, and even just being outnumbered would prevent him from using his most powerful weapon. Having other tools as a backup was important, especially in the hands of a trainer known for speed and nothing else.

The purpose of getting Josh trained for the war was to make him and his Pokémon less reliant on pure speed as a tactic. He could still lean into his strengths, but having another way to fight was important for keeping Rocket off guard. "About as ready as I'll ever be," Josh replied as he slowly reined Dashie to Razz's side.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 2:24:23 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"Alright then," Razz nods when the other is by his side before he puts the whistle in his mouth, the Ranger using it like a Drum Major leading their band and from their spots come out his color guard of Pawniard. Some of them close while most of them far because fighting fair was not a Rocket thing, nor will they. Hopefully it'll teach the Ash-Raikou what it needed to learn. [break][break]

Another whistle wile the Pawniard closest to the legend used IRON DEFENSE in order to keep the line, or defend their partners should it be needed. Meanwhile several of the Pawniard began to shoot out PSYCHO CUTS at their target. [break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 8:02:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Swift's SPARK attack would be simple for the front line of Pawniard to repel with their steeled IRON DEFENSES. Perhaps the legendary Pokémon's electric charge knocked one down. The Raikou was still lightning fast after all; Josh doubted even the most well-trained Pawniard truly had the reaction time to steel itself against such a blow.

The sheer number of PSYCHO CUTS was overwhelming. How could Swift possibly withstand so many psychic attacks coming from all directions, each one capable of causing ash to fly out of his black body?

The Beast's body began to glow dimly, covered in a REFLECTIVE sheen that the Gym Leader didn't notice right away. It was only until the sound of shattering glass brought Josh's attention back to the battle, formerly lost in thought over what he could do. It was nowhere as close to as resilient as an ordinary Pokémon's REFLECT, shattering after just a few strikes.

A thunderous purr rattled the air around Razz, Josh, and their Pokémon. "Swift..." he trailed off. "Whatever defense that was, he couldn't hold it for long enough. I've never seen him try to do that before, though."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2024 0:39:38 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Two of the front liners are downed by the initial spark from the Raikou. Seems like it's strength was still something against his newer recruits into the pawni-rangers but it seems the others were able to keep standing.[break][break]

While the psycho cuts keep on going there are a few of the front liners who try to go for a rock tomb. More to slow down rather than injure the legend as even with the order to go all out this was still practice and they knew their boss was trying something. [Break][break]

"Glad it's something different so maybe it's instincts kick in it's defense attacks?" he ponders a moment on what it could mean but they would probably need to move forward if they wanted to push harder. "Would you like to kick this up a notch?" he questions as he brings up his whistle again, razz waiting on Josh for the choice before he would whistle for the next squad would join in.

[break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 7:10:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Swift was a more versatile Pokémon than Josh could have imagined, even limited as he was. His instincts, and Josh's, were to bolt beneath the ROCK TOMB before it encircled him. "No, Swift. We need to get to the bottom of this. Whatever you tried before, do it again!" Josh encouraged the ashen construct. The REFLECTIVE coat returned, this time slightly thicker than it was before. As the ROCK TOMB attacks fell on top of him, some of their boulders were sundered to rubble, giving him an escape route from the imprisoning attack.

The barrier broke upon reflecting three of the PSYCHO CUT attacks, the rest striking the Beast squarely. Ash blew in Josh's face as his legendary partner started to deform. "Not after that," the Champion replied. "I saw what he was trying to do. He was trying to protect me. Guard me. Show me his VIGILANCE." After Josh had drawn the Sign once more, Swift returned to the ashes his body composed of. "I don't think he's ready for war yet, but I think I have a new avenue to explore with him. An avenue that may save our lives if I'm forced to use him before I think he's ready."

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 5:36:42 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

When ash burst Razz gave another long whistle before two short ones and all at once the Pawni-Ranger's attacks ended, all knowing to stand down at the order, several of them going up toward the rangers while the rest seemed to go about their business with their assigned partners to help guard the base. Some of the pawniard seemed amazed with the way the legend was just able to be reformed in such a way. Razz still wasn't sure about it if they were this limiting for the time being. [break][break]

"Well I'm glad some progress was made at least, but please don't use them when it matters, its better to use the old t-" he has to stop himself from that analogy because there is no way in hell he wants to go back to referring pokemon as tools again. "To use the old worn in shoes rather than the new ones and get blisters," he completes it this time hoping the other would understand what he meant as he was here to teach his rangers, champion ranking or not. [break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald][googlefont=Hammersmith One]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 21:53:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's Champion Assessment had taught him that very lesson: even legendary Pokémon were not invincible. Ordinary Pokémon were capable of defeating them, even at full power. Plus, wielding a legendary Pokémon in war made one a giant target.

"Swift will need to rest for the rest of the day," Josh replied, the Sacred Ash composing the Raikou's body back in the feather serving as his vessel. Reining his Rapidash closer to Razz, the rider nodded in agreement. "You're right; we still have a lot of training to go through. Long ways to go before he'll be ready. But I do have other powerful Pokémon. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune, from Area Zero. Aleph, my Type: Null. And of course, Saber."

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
War Training
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2024 6:34:47 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

The pawniard seem dejected when the ash pokemon goes away, for them it felt like something interesting to just turn to ash and then become solid like some weird magic. He gives a nod of approval of some of the other pokemon he had. "I'm not sure who 'Saber' is but yeah that's a good line up for you, Paradoxs and Myths aren't the only strong pokemon, like Salem here has been in his fair share of fights and has help me come out on top against even one of the Rocket's underbosses," Razz informs as Salem flexes in front of the champion ranked trainer. [break][break]

"Work with who you excel with best and you'll find that they'll shine, but it does sound like you are trying to think this through so well done with that at least"

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald][googlefont=Hammersmith One]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times