shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

THE FIRST WAVE: PRELUDE
SCENARIO B

[attr="class","topocorner"]

EXPOSITION

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/HEAVY%20RAINFALL.mp3[/player]
[break]
🎼 Heavy Rainfall – Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Original Soundtrack
[break][break]

IDENTITY CAN BE A FRAGILE GLASS. To the perceiver, that fickle lens may refract contradictory truths. The pressure of upholding multiple guises can crack the pane, revealing a cumbersome multifacetedness. Unovan. Gangster. Good Cop. Bad Cop. Deputy. Military. CEO. Scientist. Civilian. Rocket.[break][break]

As and face each other once again, decisions must be made to reveal or conceal one's self.

MAP

ATTACHED BELOW is a map of Mossdeep City. This map is not a direct 1:1 representation, nor is it final. However, hopefully, it provides some sense of direction for the involved writers.[break][break]

[break]
(click and drag to a separate tab).
[break][break]

This map will be updated with new or adjusted writing partners.

LIST OF PROMPTS

BELOW IS A POOL OF PROMPTS you can touch upon. Some prompts are particularly important, connected to other prelude threads happening concurrently with yours.[break][break]

[attr="class","promptsection"]

[attr="class","prompt0"]🛰️ incorporate the tension of identity in your thread.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🛰️ in the middle of your thread, falling debris from satellites that have been destroyed mid-launch by or other Team Rocket members will threaten and 's safety.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🛰️ for this thread, you are allowed to incorporate INTERDREAM MIST emanating from a mysterious pink mist from the Interdream Zone that is rumored to be the place "between dreams and reality". from this mist, you may use all or some of the following obstacles: paradox pokemon, visions of the dead, other fantastical mirages... but ultimately, a THERIAN TORNADUS must soar out of this mist and escape into the region.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🛰️ at least one Pokemon from and must faint.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🛰️ at the end of the thread, everyone will hear a large bang that can be discerned as coming from sootopolis.

INSTRUCTIONS

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES..[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Keep track of your MERIT POINT GAIN in your post notes as best practice.
  • Please be diligent with your posting (48 hour turnaround is encouraged) in order to prevent rushing at the end.
  • Review general guidelines and PVP guidelines in the main thread: THE FIRST WAVE: PRELUDE SIGN-UPS.
  • If a thread begins to stagnate and show signs of stalling, please let know immediately.

The link to The First Wave MP Shop[break]by CLICKING HERE.

REWARDS FOR COMPLETION

REWARDS

COMPLETING THE PRELUDE THREAD with five posts each will grant you the following reward:

[img src="https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/SPRITES/mega%20shard.png" title="1X MEGA SHARD" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;float:none;"][break][break]

Please attempt to complete the Prelude Thread[break] by July 31st, 11:59PM PST.
[break][break]

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.topocorner]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/aCSt9jW.png'); width: 573px; height: 405px; position: relative; z-index: 0; margin-bottom: -405px; margin-left: -34px; margin-top: -35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.promptsection]border-left: 1px dashed #aaa; margin-top: 20px; padding-left: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prompt0]background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #aaa solid; border-radius: 5px; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.omgen blockquote]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/WmaTUbp.png); position: relative; z-index: 1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
TFW PRELUDE: MOSSDEEP SCENARIO B-6
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 23:51:52 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Her instructions were clear. Insert herself from the west and incapacitate as many people as possible to ensure the League cannot mobilize forces to swarm the observatory. [break][break]

Some could criticize her non-lethal approach, but dead were dead. It was far more effective to poison or sleep League soldiers, as their collective delicate morality would force them to triage their troops and waste precious time and resource. She had done plenty of work in addressing her weaknesses like becoming a better battler through spars with both Amor and Zev, but her strengths had only grown. Tactics and warfare were bread and butter to a veteran commander like herself. So she readily decided on the strategy of dreams to hold down her area of Mossdeep, and she had readily assured her superiors that she could defend it without any allies. Put bodies elsewhere. We have less of them than the League, she had insisted.[break][break]

Frankly, it would be a waste to have someone so versed in sleep, dreams, and the effects of psychic-moves on people and pokemon do anything but render masses unconscious. And her counterpart, the brilliant , was the one who encouraged her not to doubt her path of dream researcher despite the millions of other avenues demanding attention in Hoenn. When Ameena had feared Eternatus so much she was willing to put her own research down, Lulu had talked her off the ledge. Lulu, who had invited her into Rocket and graciously connected her to their resources, was the very driving force that had kept her from turning her back on her life's work.[break][break]

It was easy work, then, to peer behind the edge of an evacuated home and release Musharna to put to sleep two League Officers and their respective Arcanines with yawn. The Musharna's dream mist traveled slow but was remarkably effective after years of training, and it took only moments for all four of her targets to fall to the ground.[break][break]

She wished she could spare the time for Musharna to eat those dreams, but they have far too many bodies to take down. She broke from her cover to begin dragging the Officers from the road and to the back of the house properly, as the roads were too visible and would make it easy for Leaguers to follow her war path in knocking out the island.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – Musharna put two NPC Officers and their two Arcanines to sleep. Ameena began to drag their unconscious bodies to the backyard of a house bordering the path.[break][break]
10 MP per IC post in your prelude thread.[break]
50 MP have your character become inspired or consoled by another writer's character (tag them).[break]
50 MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread).[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
when it's time to shoot, quit yappin'
awards
251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 0:24:18 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"Deputy James. We have reports of a potential Rocket threat in Mossdeep City. You've been requested to investigate the area and report to base when you've concluded your search. Copy."

"James. 10-4. On my way."

With a call to investigate, he didn't turn on lights or a siren. Hell, he didn't even use a patrol car, just to ensure that he wasn't going to alarm Rockets that the League had been alerted of their shenanigans in Mossdeep. He did make quick work of getting there, leaving his vehicle parked nearby the Poke center.

Montgomery had doubted his abilities to take up the mantle of deputy as the tides of war became more and more evident. He wondered day by day if had made the right decision picking him to stand alongside him. Even if the League didn't know of his past with team Rocket, somehow, the sheriff did. And yet, he displayed full confidence in him and his abilities.

"I'll tell everyone ‘this guy’s got style, and he’s ready to fight any Rocket or jellyfish that decides to show up in our little town." That had been the first, and perhaps only, time Montgomery felt like he'd belonged on Hoenn's island nation. So, now, he felt like he had a point to prove, and what better way than to thank Navy for giving him a chance?

Turning his head and spitting, he trekked to the cliffside, scanning the area. It was his SKARMORY that noticed the guards and their Pokemon first, then screeched.

They weren't alone.

Something in Montgomery's gut twisted, some sick feeling as he turned his head and saw her. He didn't know why, but his heart sank to his feet.

"Why'd I know you'd be here?" he said, spotting Ameena right through her disguise.

[attr="class","montytag"]
- reporting to mossdeep to investigate rocket activity, however he spots there and feels regret and disappointment
MP Tracker:
- 50 MP have your character become inspired or consoled by another writer's character ()
- 50 MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (waymore's blues)
- 10 MP per IC post in your prelude thread
TOTAL: 110 MP
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 4:34:49 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

As a scholar of dreams, she understands the mind to be more important than the body, to be one with the soul, to be the only constant. If she can enter an alternate reality through the dream realm, she is putting her mind in an alternate body. This means reality is inherently changeable by the placement of consciousness. This means that the reality around her is only one of many. And it means, in reality, seeing Montgomery before she was able to slowly reveal her Rocket status on her own terms, after pulling him from his pursuit of justice, is the worst possible outcome in terms of League intervention. [break][break]

But reality is changeable. It is not as important as the mind. So when she whips her head around to see him, her visible mouth opens briefly in shock, twists to a smile that utterly betrays her, and finally lands on forced displeasure. She drops the body instinctively. Her mind does not care for this reality; it does not care for the political game she has spent countless days agonizing over. It cares for him, and unfortunately, reality dictates that if Montgomery insists on stopping her, he has to be put down. [break][break]

She cannot access the dream realm without Rocket's aid. She cannot have Rocket's aid while allowing a Leaguer to continue to foil her. [break][break]

It's not the right move, but she must play things coy, to have one final taste of their game before it is over. "Oh, was I loitering, Deputy?" She regrets it immediately. [break][break]

The tone isn't quite right. It isn't light enough. The moment isn't light enough. War is a wet blanket, after all. And it is one that extinguishes the illusory flames of her civilian persona. She has no choice but to render him unconscious and hope he cannot remember her part in this Rocket invasion. She should have asked for an opportunity to explain, but her opening gambit is chosen. And it carries none of the sweet reward of their usual song and dance.[break][break]

TAGS [break]

NOTES – Ameena drops the body of the officer she was dragging and regrets what she says immediately.[break][break]
50 MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties.[break]
50 MP have your character make a regrettable decision.[break]
[ incorporate the tension of identity in your thread ]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 23:36:23 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Her words are sharp, like the bullet in his side when had come to his aid against the Rocket grunt he'd encountered alone in the woods. Even though he had bled from the metal piercing his side, this seemed to hurt him more.

Montgomery understood now. "Dr. Abadi" wasn't just some CEO who figured she could get away with everything with a whisper to a lawyer and a few Poke dollars under the table. "Dr. Abadi" was a member of Hoenn's team Rocket.

So, he wondered, did she know that he'd left Unova's team Rocket? Is that why she'd seemed so interested in him and pulling him back beneath the surface of the crime and bloodshed he'd desperately ran from?

"Cut the shit. This ain't some 'harmless crime' you can just walk away from," Montgomery spat, feeling the hairs on his neck rise like hackles. "But ya know that, don'tcha? Yet you still work with them. What does Rocket have that makes ya feel special?"

He was a ticking time bomb, about to explode just like his CLAYDOL had the last time he'd seen her. One move, and...

Boom.

He'd never regretted leaving Rocket more than this moment. Montgomery pulled his pistol from where it rested on his hip, pointing it at Ameena.

"Stand down. Or I will kill you."

- after Ameena's revelation of being a part of team Rocket, Montgomery orders her to stand down at gun point less she wish to die
MP TRACKER:
- 50 MP have an antagonistic exchange of dialogue between your character and another writer's character or NPC
- 50 MP have your character make a regrettable decision
TOTAL: 220 MP
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 23:58:01 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

He cements it: there are no games to be played today. [break][break]

Which means its all business, and she's always been cutthroat in that realm. "You said you knew what it was like to be a criminal. Why would you do it? Why does anyone? Because I stand to gain from it. Rocket has resources and scientists that can accomplish what I need to." It's as simple as that, really. She doesn't care for the war - she's already had her fill for one lifetime - and she doesn't care for their politics. [break][break]

She should remove the mask, but she can't bring herself to do it yet. He knows her, but if she takes it off, she seals his fate. She commits to killing him. [break][break]

And despite this reality commanding it to be so, he hasn't shot her yet. She can talk her way out of it. [break][break]

"I am not your enemy. Look: I could have killed these men. I could have let you burn in that warehouse in Dewford. I think you know I am not some rotten, evil, sociopathic fuck. I need you to trust that I am minimizing the damage here." She gestures to the bodies, unconscious but breathing, at her feet. She gestures to Musharna, who is not built for combat so much as stalling and sleeping. "I could have killed you over those Yamask." [break][break]

It has nothing to do with special. And, she thinks, he won't kill her. "I think you hesitate because you know that about me. That I have not caused unnecessary harm."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – Ameena stands down?[break][break]
50 MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties.[break]
50 MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread).[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 0:18:26 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery stared Ameena down, listening to her list how she could have taken him down before, left him to die, or done otherwise heinous crimes to prove her innocence. Yet, he didn't reply.

Because, in some twisted way, she was right.

He could've burned alive in the fire, and he was sure she was experienced enough to take him out the first time they'd met when he'd been called to check on the situation with the GALARIAN YAMASKS. His fellow officers were still alive, as were there Pokemon. Truly, it seemed her only crime was collaborating with Rocket.

His jaw was set firmly as he stared her down the barrel of his pistol, doubt wavering in his mind. He hoped it didn't reflect on his face. Montgomery knew she could take his weakness and flip it on him in an instant.

I fucking hate team Rocket.

Montgomery had never felt such scathing anger build inside him. Without hesitation, he fired.

Because he knew that if he waited any longer, he wouldn't be able to fight her.

- Montgomery feels growing self doubt and a growing anger to Rocket. He shoots Ameena's shoulder in a last attempt effort to stay on target: protect the League
MP TRACKER:
- 50 MP have your character self-doubt or cast doubt on another's confidence/allegiances/beliefs, etc
- 50 MP have your character experience great fear, hatred, envy, or have a grudge worsen
TOTAL: 330 MP
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 0:54:14 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Regardless of what the most stoic, cynical, self-reliant people had to say, everyone had trust. There was that of the social contract and humanity, like trusting people to not sit on their Rotom phones in a movie theater or that a doctor that hates you will still operate to save your life. Then, there was that more cosmic, logical trust, like that the sun will rise in the morning or water will freeze when it gets cold. And, it was trust - Hoenn's anomalies and disasters proved even the law of Nature could be broken. [break][break]

And like she trusted a dream to come to her every night as it had since she could remember, she trusted Montgomery to not shoot her. So when the bullet pierced her right shoulder, she felt the full-body numbness of surprise overtake her as it forced her to the ground. [break][break]

Adrenaline, tried and true, coursed through her. She was back on her feet like a good soldier. Before clutching her wound, she made sure to pull her mask completely off. In retrospect, taking it off in the beginning might have been the move, to double down on her own humanity by letting him see her earnest expression as she had tried to appeal to his logic. But there was no turning back time: a lesson she learned again and again and again. [break][break]

He stuck to his guns and chose the law and order (and principles) he had committed to when offered a chance to try again, to turn away from his criminal lifestyle, and that was fine. She would have to commit to her own strengths. "If you wish to make an enemy of me," she said through gritted teeth, holding tight on her shoulder to slow the hot pulse of blood. "be thankful for my mercy in correcting you quickly."

Musharna used Maladaptive Mania, filling the world with a DREAMY TERRAIN. How well could he fight half-asleep and with his dreams lain bare?

TAGS [break]

NOTES – Ameena learns a lesson. [break]
Musharna used Z-Move: MALADAPTIVE MANIA musharna's dream mist spreads throughout the area and creates a DREAMY TERRAIN. those caught in this terrain and stuck between sleep and wakefulness, and that that they dream of manifests in semi-visible hallucinations in the mist for all to see.[break][break]
50 MP have an antagonistic exchange of dialogue between your character and another writer's character or NPC.[break]
50 MP have your character directly or indirectly spotlight another writer's character's strengths. (His discipline and ideals)[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 1:45:06 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"You either lock 'n load," Montgomery began, clicking his next shot into place.

After all, he never missed.

"Or ya dig yer own grave."

He steadied his hand, his breathing. It was like the world was in slow motion, if only for a moment. There was nothing to disrupt the two of them, as they stared each other down across their battlefield. It was a fight to see who'd pull quicker: Ameena's MUSHARNA or Montgomery's next shot.

Before his finger could press even a bit of weight onto the trigger, an energy he'd only felt in sleep consumed his body. While he remained standing, keeping his position maintained, a mist surrounded the area, consuming them both and dulling his senses. His mind's eye grew heavy.

Somewhere, he chuckled.

"Not bad, Ameena. You always thought several steps ahead."

When his mind's eye awoke, he was standing in the mist. There was a sense of calm around him. No Pokemon to be seen, no guards, no weapons. Even Montgomery was dressed down casually.

And in front of him, it was:

"Well... you look gorgeous."

- Montgomery enters a dreamscape from Ameena's Maladaptive Mania, entering a sense of calm and peace
MP TRACKER:
- 50 MP have your character directly or indirectly spotlight another writer's character's strengths (always thinking ahead, determination)
- 50 MP have your character experience great pride, joy, relief, or have confidence grow
TOTAL: 440 MP
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 2:04:04 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

He doesn't know what he's getting into with her. She hasn't shown her cards in any of their previous exchanges, but. She hasn't seen him stand on his threats to enforce law and order until now, until the bullet. So, she believes him when he cocks the gun. But Musharna is fast acting, and even with all the anger she feels at the loss of a potential ally, she finds herself soothed by his chuckling as the dreamy terrain takes ahold of him. [break][break]

What she sees should be a relief. [break][break]

She burns with envy instead. That should be her reality right now, but it isn't. And she doesn't have the resources, the skill, the fucking knowledge to make any of it happen. A decade of dream research and nothing to show for it. Nothing really. She made more leaps and bounds in her research in the last three months under Rocket tutelage than in that decade and goddamn it, why can't Montgomery understand that she needs this? She needs access to the dream realm like she needs oxygen. [break][break]

Heavy, hesitant footsteps have her moving away from the unconscious bodies at her feet and to his side. She doesn't reach for the gun - the effort would pull her hand from her wound, and she wants to play with this for a moment longer before she worsens her blood loss to finish him. She stands behind him, watching his gun pointed at nothing, watching his face perceive what isn't truly there. She's never activated the terrain before, doesn't know how long she has or how much he can perceive this reality. [break][break]

Still, she leans in, tucked beside his shoulder. There's no need to be so formal with a dying man. She swallows the anger and envy and asks the Montgomery before her, the one she won't see again until she has learned to roam the dream realm for an alternate reality with him: "Why can't you have what you want? Why can't you have this?" [break][break]

Why can't I?

TAGS [break]

NOTES – Ameena feels anything but calm and peace. [break]
The battlefield is surrounded by a DREAMY TERRAIN.[break][break]
50 MP have your character experience great fear, hatred, envy, or have a grudge worsen.[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 2:30:38 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]For a moment, as Ameena approached his dream-state, Montgomery wondered if she'd attempt to shift the tide of their now bloody exchange. His physical person was helpless to her ability. He stood still, closing his eyes and breathing as he waited.

He only felt her shift, leaning against him. The breath he'd been holding released from his lungs, and he urged himself not to lean into her touch.

But this was just a dream. Here, he wasn't Deputy James, nor was he apart of the League. He wasn't even Montgomery. He was-

"They've taken everything from me. I can't slip into their hands again," Stetson admitted. "Not when I've tried so hard to clean my hands of the blood that's soiled 'em."

He turned his head, finally looking down at her.

"Not even for you. I'm sorry."

- Montgomery/Stetson reveals why he cannot rejoin Rocket: atonement for his past deeds
MP TRACKER:
- 50 MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties
TOTAL: 500 MP
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 2:42:51 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She isn't an unreasonable woman. She understands it is unreasonable to feel resentful over his protectiveness of civilians. But he fears spilling their blood yet readily took hers. While she isn't unreasonable, she is unfair. Her life is more than any of theirs to him. It has to be. His is worth more than any of theirs to her. The only other person she would feel this reserved about hurting, the only other unplanned weakness, is . [break][break]

She feels relief that he even bothers to justify himself. That he is considering it. And she has seen what he wants because of Musharna. She knows she is in his dreams. This dream of hers is possible. [break][break]

"So spill no blood," she urges in his ear, her hand moving from her bleeding shoulder towards his gun. She reaches for his hand slowly, telegraphing so clearly and nonthreateningly despite the fact the lack of pressure on her wound is exacerbating her blood loss, limiting her capacity to fight in the war, costing her her place in Rocket if she fails to be valuable, and all for him, all for the opportunity of having him here in this reality. And he doesn't get it... but she can help him understand. [break][break]

"I would never ask you to kill," she says as her bloodied hand crawls towards his to take the gun. "I can have Rocket protect you. You will be valuable to me and that will be enough for them. I can help you help people. Is that not enough?" Is the law more valuable than goodness? Can he not, ultimately, achieve more good by being a vigilante, by helping people recklessly instead of only when the law permits?

TAGS [break]

NOTES – Ameena negotiates. [break]
The battlefield is surrounded by a DREAMY TERRAIN.[break][break]
50 MP have your character experience great pride, joy, relief, or have confidence grow.[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 3:08:00 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Ameena's offer was tempting. Stetson was inclined to agree with her. She made everything sound perfect, that it was sugar-coated and sweet as honey. And he was a little COMBEE, trying to find his way back to the VESPIQUEN.

He didn't stop her as she moved his physical body, his dream-self watching her move his joints gently so that his gun was no longer aiming where she'd been standing. However, there was one thing he wouldn't allow happen:

No one took his pistol.

"Ameena..." Stetson breathed.

The mist dissipated. Montgomery snapped back into reality, moving his hand quickly out of reach before she had a chance to take away his weapon. But, instead of pointing it at her again, he placed it back in its holster.

The dream was over. It was never to be. And it was a sacrifice he'd have to make for himself... and for Ameena.

"Let's do this the old fashion way."

Out came his SKARMORY, joined with his CLEFABLE. "Take 'em down."

The iron bird screeched a horrid METAL SOUND, while the pink creature countered it with a pleasant SING-song voice to drop their guards.

- Stetson, tempted by her offer, manages to break free of Musharna's Z-move. Montgomery challenges Ameena to a 2v2 battle
- Skarmory used Metal Sound, Clefable used Sing
MP TRACKER:
- 50 MP showcase your own character's strength(s) meaningfully (determination in ideals)
- 50 MP have your character make a sacrifice of some kind
TOTAL: 610 MP
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
795 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 3:27:35 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

He moved sharply. She jerked away from immediately, which could have ended poorly for her, but he holstered his firearm instead of maneuvering to shoot her at close range. She released Magearna from her pokeball, then returned her arm to her shoulder as she regained some distance from him. She had sacrificed enough time and enough blood for him for one day. If there was anything worth saving, it would have to come to light at the end of the fight, and it would likely be preserved through force. [break][break]

She flinched at the metal sound, her ears ringing painfully. Magearna used lock-on on his Clefable to align her combat systems with the recognition software that registered Clefable. She would have to survive long enough to strike, but attacking the target of her lock would make dodging impossible - sniping, just as Ameena spent her military career doing. [break][break]

Musharna moved uneasily, unused to the impact of sleep-causing moves being used on herself, but she still launched hypnosis at the angry Skarmony despite herself becoming sluggish. [break][break]

Ameena couldn't have risked pulling out Gardevoir, despite the pokemon's healing pulse being the most useful of her whole team's moveset right now. The Gardevoir had a weird hold over her when it mega evolved, and she wasn't strong enough right now to keep it from doing so. Instead, she made herself useful by taking off her jacket - gracelessly, given the pain - and holding it against her shoulder. "What can they give you that I cannot? You want a medal? You want glory?"[break][break]

She didn't think those things of him, but she couldn't keep herself from prodding for an answer. Was there an angle she hadn't considered? An offering she hadn't provided? She had to face this reality but even as the logical conclusion stood before her, she wasn't sure she could stop trying until it was herself holding her gun to him.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – Ameena fights back. [break]
Magearna uses lock-on on Clefable. Musharna uses hypnosis on Skarmony. Musharna is growing tired...[break][break]
50 MP have your character be injured by another's pokemon directly or indirectly.[break]
50 MP have your character make a sacrifice of some kind.[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
251 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 14:04:09 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]The HYPNOSIS affected his SKARMORY, but not for long due to MUSHARNA'S fatigue. The Z-move must have zapped the pink Pokemon of its energy, leaving it as an open target. When his eyes opened again, the bird's gaze locked onto the psychic-type. Sleep would become a nuisance if not handled ahead of time.

He didn't have to fly high, the BRAVE BIRD swooping down and striking the MUSHARNA to knock it out. The impact made him screech in pain, but it was worth it to eliminate one problem.

That's why CLEFABLE was here, at least for the moment. Spreading her arms, she scattered LIFE DEW onto the field to aid in SKARMORY'S health while the MAGEARNA was charging.

"Swap out!" he called, pulling back his vulnerable fairy-type in order to put in his more destructive CLAYDOL to tank MAGNEARNA'S attack.

Ameena cursed him, asking him why, why, why? Why couldn't he switch? And Montgomery had to become a SKARMORY himself, putting up an IRON DEFENSE around his heart and soul to ignore her pleas and the dream of "what if" or "what could have been." He would put his own SPIKES on their metaphoric battlefield, distancing him from Ameena and injuring her at any attempt to get closer.

And, if she tried, maybe he'd take her down with his own BRAVE BIRD, tucking in his own metal wings and diving down to destroy them both.

"Quit yappin'! It's not gonna happen, Ameena. Not now, not ever. Just give up!" he shouted, his hat having blown off his head from the impact of his bird's attack earlier. His hair was wild, adding to an almost insane look.

"Stop hurtin' us both, now!"

- Skarmory knocks out Musharna with Brave Bird. Clefable heals Skarmory with Life Dew and swaps out for Claydol.
- Montgomery tells Ameena to give up and begs her to stop hurting them both.
TRACKER:
- 50 MP have your character's Pokemon symbolize or represent in some way, the condition of your character
- 25 MP for knocking out another Pokemon in your prelude thread
TOTAL: 695 MP
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP