6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 3:39:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's approval couldn't have come sooner. His doctor had approved him to ride underwater and on the surface with a limited number of Pokémon. Several had to remain on the bench, to his dismay. He would have free reign (or was it free rein?) soon enough; if all went according to play, he would be able to ride in the water unrestricted and in the air with restrictions by September, his cat Pokémon at full gallop by October, and no restrictions at all come November. November was the month he truly looked forward to... the day he could sit astride Swift and ask the Beast to floor it as he once did with .

With 's help, the League had been able to locate a cache of Mega Stones located deep within the hull of Sea Mauville. Josh and had even been authorized to keep one of the stones as a reward for completing their duty. Seated atop his Kingdra, Keiga, he was ready to dive. In front of them, Illumina the Lanturn's headlight shined bright, making sure they could see in what would certainly be pitch-black waters at the lower levels. "I'm excited to see what's down there," Josh made small talk with Razz as they prepared for the descent. "Low key hoping that there's some Charizardite down there." He turned his head toward the Lanturn. "Hey, Illumina, mind finding us the most efficient way down?" With a splash, the electric fish descended in a big splash that may have gotten both Rangers wet prematurely.

04. Direct a pokemon to scout ahead for reconnaissance.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Keiga         Kingdra        Good
Illumina      Lanturn        Good

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 3:51:19 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"] [break]

[break]
[attr="class","leprosearlo"]

Mega Stones...[break][break]

A large collection that he didn't think such a thing could be found yet information claimed that there was some. Maybe the Terra Crystals that had formed underneath and were effecting the place and unlocked areas that couldn't have been located before. Unlike the other he was in the water already as indigo was circling around the two rangers with Salem riding on top of him. Razz planning on using the hero pokemon and holding onto their dorsal fin when they travel underwater. [break][break]

"Underwater can be nice, I know I used to enjoy diving back home," he comments thinking back to sootopolis and his place at the beach. Though he decides to not mention it while lantern scouts ahead Razz looks up to check on his Noibat who was scouting the area to make sure it was safe for them to go down and that there were no threats within the area. [break][break]

"If they're full on megastones and not just shards, heck could even be keystones we find down there," he muses not to be a downer but more to lower expectations in case it wasn't as excited as the scienist made it out to be.

[break][break]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ WATER Ops
[break]+ 14. Ensure the area is safe from remaining threats.

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#4E94C5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo a]color:#84c5d0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#4E94C5;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 21:49:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Sick ride you've got there!" Josh complimented the Captain. It was hard to tell that long ago, they didn't get along. Josh not only tolerated the Slateport Captain, but seemed to be getting along with him. "Must be one well-trained Palafin to dive this deep. Ecco, my own Palafin, can't handle being too far below the surface. He's been helping with other aspects of the operation."

The notion of Key Stones being down there didn't surprise him. "Given that this was supposed to be a delivery for the war effort, I wouldn't be surprised if there were Key Stones down here, too," the Champion replied. This many Mega Stones didn't exist in nature in one place. Not unless they were all the same kind. It had to be a lost shipment.

Illumina surfaced and communicated the way to Razz's and Josh's Pokémon. It seemed straightforward, but nothing was ever easy for Rangers, was it? He crossed his fingers before giving Razz the rundown. "Illumina's found a way inside the ship. It's at the very bottom of the sea bed, and we might need supplemental lighting in case my Lanturn has to rest. Once we're inside, we scour the place and retrieve as much as we can." He was more excited to get his hands on a new Mega Stone. As hard as he had worked before, this would be child's play compared to what he had to go through to get his Pidgeotite, Absolite, and Sharpedonite.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 4:11:04 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"Yeah Indigo likes to do a lot of training so him and Duke have been tied for number two," while Royal would be his number one amongst his water pokemon. Partly because he wouldn't accept anything else, and then there was the fact that unlike the other two Royal exceled in battle as well. Though as if to prove his trainer's point Indigo uses FLIP TURN to go back into the pokeball just to allow itself out now transformed to his full power. [break][break]

He nods at the information given before he calls out his illumina pokemon Poly, her body radiating light naturally to help with lighting below. "No worries we have the extra light covered don't we," he lifts his hand to pet the Milotic before she dives down. After Indigo would move himself for Razz to grab hold of their dorsal fin, "Lead the way," he orders as he equips his goggle and mask to breath underwater and even returns salem for their own safety.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ WATER Ops
[break]+

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#4E94C5;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 1:06:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh whistled when Razz brought Indigo into and out of his Poké Ball. "I knew they could transform like that, but this is my first time seeing it happen in person," the Champion admitted. "Ecco doesn't do that when I bring him back to his Poké Ball. He must be built differently." Was it an understanding that the Palafin was more appreciated in his fish-like form instead of his human-like form? It was something even Josh didn't fully understand.

As the Illumina Milotic gleamed bright as a star, Josh having to shield his eyes briefly while they adjusted to her luminosity, he complimented the Head Ranger. "You've got a lot of strong Pokémon. I've got a couple of Crystablooms floating around from last Halloween. I might make some Pokémon of mine Illumina. Maybe one of my Pyroar." Little was he aware that such a transformation would render the lion incompatible with his Sygna Suit.

Putting on his aquatic gear as well, Josh and Keiga dove, Illumina helping light the way alongside the serpentine water-type. While it would take some time for them to safely sink to where the ship was, it would not take him long after that to point out their makeshift entrance in the hull, leading them to the engine room. Getting to where the Mega Stones were stored might be more work than he thought...

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 8:19:09 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"Are you sure it's Palafin and not a Finizen?" razz can't help but question knowing that the difference between the two is very minimal and it has confused others before. So maybe it was confusing the other ranger as well? Just a thought and while Razz would like to just take the compliment there is an annoyed twitch in his eye when the other brings up a Pyroar. Old trauma forcing him to react negatively even to their very mention and he hates himself for it. He takes a deep breath, tries to remind himself that Josh wasn't stationed at his station, and doesn't know his ban. [break][break]

Its fine...[break]
Its fine...... [break]
its... fine..... [break][break]

He tells himself, thankful that they were finally underwater. The pathways seemed simple enough at first, especially with Poly's light helping them see their way through but the destruction that was part of the sinking ship was hindering them. Thankfully Indigo liked to show off as he handed off their trainer to Poly before aiding in clearing the way to make a safer path inside with his strength.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ WATER Ops
[break]+ 32. Clear debris or other obstacles to create safe pathways.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 21:29:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"No, Ecco's definitely evolved," Josh assured Razz. "The red insignia on his underside gives it away." Perhaps, the way the Gym Leader had trained the water-type, he didn't need his Hero form to be at his strongest. That he could use a form of Jet Punch involving his snout instead of his Hero form's fists was the only indicator he had confirming that theory. What a mysterious Pokémon.

The submerged engine room was creepy, fan blades and criss-crossing axles at permanent rest. The fuel tank, thankfully, was unharmed. If that ruptured, cleaning up that mess was going to be hazardous and tedious work.

Keiga expelled DRAGON BREATH to melt the hinges on a door leading to the ship's corridors. While narrow, they were more than wide enough for the Gym Leader to stay atop his narrow-bodied Kingdra. On the opposite side of the bottom level was the cargo bay, its internal door having been twisted in the impact. Would recovering the Mega Stones be simpler than Josh thought?

39. Use a pokemon to carefully burn through certain obstacles.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 3:22:44 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Razz follows along with the other, for the most part allowing Polly to lead the way as her bodies natural light making things easy to see. It seems like the collaborative efforts of the rangers and civilians thus far had helped. Thankfully Josh's Kingdra gets them thorugh the door simple enough though when it comes to the twisted hinges that leads to the cargo bay Indigo decides to show off his strength as he JET PUNCHES the door open. [break][break]

The captain is quick to follow suit and the stones are there, many seemed to have broken out of their creates due to the pressure of the sea or probably them having stumbled over before everything started to sink. Thankfully Indigo was strong enough to take a crate back up with him on his own but Razz does swim over to Josh to hand him a net to hold as much as the ranger felt he could to bring up. [break][break]

Eventually Razz would fill one for himself before filling another for Poly to grab as much as they could before he would make his attempt to swim back up.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ WATER Ops
[break]+ 43. Force open a locked or barricaded door to access a critical area.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 20:50:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Razz's Pokémon seemed to be better at doing the heavy lifting, leaving the Champion with cleaning up the scattered stones. Taking the net, he began to fill it with Mega Stones. It was quite the staggering reserve, able to outfit a small army of trainers with Mega Accessories and bestow upon them tide-turning power. Among them were a marble of CHARIZARDITE X and one of CHARIZARDITE Y. He made sure to keep those to the top of the net, intending to ask Head Ranger if he could take them as compensation for his services in lieu of a paycheck.

Though there were still a few stones down there, the two had managed to excavate almost all of them. Surfacing with his Kingdra and Illumina Lanturn, the sunlight was almost as bright as the electric fish. "Awesome. Excellent work, Captain!" He reached toward Razz to offer a high five, looking for a more secure place to empty his net of Mega Stones into. He didn't forget about the two he wanted to keep, taking them off the top and simply holding onto them. "Think the Head Ranger will let me buy a couple of them off the League? I've been searching for some for my Charizard for a while with no luck."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 21:59:31 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Razz is quick to spit out the mouth piece once they were finally up at surface level again. The young man already missing the feel of fresh air in his lungs rather than the artificial kind. "You as well," he compliments back simply as the other's mood seemed to have perked up at their success. [Break][break]

Though at the hand he can't help but give it an awkward stare at first. While he had no animosity toward the other, he didn't feel openly close to the other yet where his interactions weren't still filled with social awkwardness on his own end. least Salem seems to sense it enough to come out of his pokeball and high five the other ranger for him before landing on his trainer's head. [Break][break]

The captain nearly pushed back under the water due to the cat's sudden weight but least with his service pokemon there he felt less awkward. [Break][break]

"Just take them," razz tells him when asking about the two mega stones. "I'm the captain in charge here, and I say it's okay, anyone gives you grief about it you can send them my way," he offers as if it's no big deal, before swimming toward the ship to properly organize their hull before returning it to the league.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ WATER Ops
[break]+ 43. Force open a locked or barricaded door to access a critical area.

[googlefont=Oswald]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 3:24:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was completely floored that he got his way. "...Long as you say it's okay! It'll make Ares happy, that's for sure," the Elite smiled as Salem returned the high five. "Seems Salem's excited we wrapped this one up, too!" Ares would be more than happy; he would be ecstatic to be able to Mega Evolve and finally become a true dragon... even if was only for a short burst. Josh, on the other hand, was more excited for the supreme speed the Charizardite Y bestoeed upon Ares. Once his left arm's strength had fully returned, he would experience that speed for himself. He couldn't wait!

With their cargo secured, it was only a matter of time before Ranger transporters would come on the scene and take the recovered Mega Stones to Dewford, where they would be prepared for shipping back to the Pokémon League. "Thanks for all the help today, Razz. The bigwigs will be really happy when they see this."

Once the separate team had arrived to haul the Mega Stones back, Josh and Razz would also be able to go their own ways, whether it was to another job or to a nice shower.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[WOPS] Josh and Razz #1
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 2:12:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(BONUS)
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB