6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[M][C/Navy] Piping Hot Pasta II
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 8:13:38 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It has been a long time since Josh had been to the Crimson Sun Restaurant and Bar. The premier Alto Maren restaurant in Lavaridge Town, he had invited to a private room in the rear. It wasn't cheap, but they had important things to discuss over some of the best pasta and pizza in the entire region. Plus, with business at the Gym picking up again thanks to the cooler weather, it was looking like he would be able to justify an expensive dinner to help with the person most responsible for the success of not only his Champion Assessment, but his bond with Swift.

The scintillating RAINBOW FEATHER reflecting sunlight shining through the room's sole open window, Josh put his phone away after checking one last time for urgent messages. "Thanks for coming; I know this is a trip for you. The last time I was here was with , about two years ago... when I first learned he was an Avatar. He was the first person I told that I wanted to be Raikou's Avatar. How... long it's been."

While he waited for their server to arrive and presumably take their drink order, Josh got down to business. "The fall of Petalburg and Captain 's disappearance is a huge loss for the League. The surviving Petalburg Rangers have put it on Rustboro Captain and I to take care of her Pokémon, but I'm not sure what to do. She's got dozens of them, and I don't think I have room for that many more at Mauville Gym."

{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,926 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 5:26:44 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
HOLY DIVER YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA, OH WHAT'S BECOMING OF ME?

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

It feels wrong to be normal. It feels wrong to dine upon fine food when there are people in Petalburg suffering. Navy’s eyes fix upon the rainbow feather, which holds all the beauty of endless pursuit. His own feather is staked through his hat, fixed there. It offers no special command of Entei or Suicune, but it was a gift from Kyle. That alone makes it a cherished thing.[break][break]
What stakes him in the present is the talk of the war. Though he is not a general, he sits forward with the attentiveness of a strategist thinking out his next move.[break][break]
Tap Andrea to help, if she’d be willin’. Shalin knows just about everybody, it feels like. They’re probably friends anyway. Maybe the Vaneau ranch could take care of ‘em. was and is a good soul. She suffers greatly, lost in the throes of terrible grief. Rocket will pay for what it did to Chomper.[break][break]
She’s a high value target like Henderson or Anderson were, back after the first battle.” It is an old memory he recalls, one from decades ago. Calendars would tell him that it was April of last year, but to him it feels more like twenty.[break][break]
They’ll keep her in their sub. We’re not at the point where Rocket’ll have big POW camps set up.Not yet he thinks. “Which means it’ll be hard gettin’ her out.”[break][break]
He chews thoughtfully over a piece of pizza, guilty all over again.[break][break]
Rocket’s going to expand, try and take Oldale and Rustboro. Only a matter of time before they try and take Mauville. You ready?

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 0:03:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Both feathers glistened with a prismatic light, Josh sitting up straight as he could have sworn he felt a rumbling sensation... like a cat purring. "What in the world...?" he mumbled to himself before addressing Navy's suggestion. "I forget that Andrea owns so much property. I'll give her a call and see if she's willing to take care of them. Shalin owns quite a few dragon Pokémon, so I'm sure they'll get along." Josh wasn't without his own suffering. His road to Champion Rank was filled with unimaginable hardship. His road to forging a bond with Swift, as artificial as the Raikou was, also had been laden with suffering. Even after the two had become of one mind, the poor lad was still tormented.

"To my knowledge, she doesn't have the blessing of a legendary Pokémon like you and I do. The only reason I can think for Rocket to target her specifically is her Sygna Suit. That thing is... extraordinary. Almost like she was a Flygon's or Venusaur's Avatar. The way she fights is unlike anything I've ever seen. I'd be scared to spar with her if she challenged me at my Gym." She had a great advantage, too. As fast as Josh's Pokémon were, they weren't outrunning sonic attacks. The fierce vibrations powered up by her suit were as indiscriminate as they were destructive, their high frequency able to reshape the earth itself when she tapped into her suit's full power. It was well beyond the sync Josh had with his Manectric and Pyroar.

"Their hidden sub..." Josh tilted his head down, shedding a tear for the adventurous Captain before the waiter got his attention. "Sorry about that. I'll have a lemonade to start, and can we get a half-order of garlic bread and a half-order of pizza bread, please?" With a nod, the two were left to their discussion. "I doubt that sub can be traced at all. We might have to consider a prisoner exchange. Might be worth bringing up at the next AQUA meeting," he suggested, Navy one of the few reliable ways Josh had to make sure his concerns didn't fall into the black hole that was the League's decision makers.

His head perked up at the mention of the war expanding toward Mauville. "If Hoenn can hold off until the end of my rehab in November, you better believe it. And even if not, Swift isn't the only legendary Pokémon I have at my beck and call. On top of that, Mauville Gym's got an entire army I can call on to defend the city. Mauville's already suffered enough. They will not suffer more under my watch."

{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,926 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 0:29:39 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

HOLY DIVER YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA, OH WHAT'S BECOMING OF ME?

She’s…” Navy’s voice trails off, an amused smile on his lips. “…a ranger captain, Josh.” Leave it to Josh to miss the forest for the trees. “They don’t grow captains on trees. She runs her station pretty good, from everything I hear.” And now, they’re missing her. Every town needs its defenders, and Hoenn is down one. His mind ventures down the same old roads again, trying to figure out how the events of the next half year will play out.[break][break]
We gave ‘em one hell of a bloody nose when Kyogre busted into Sootopolis.” Though the notion of using Kyogre, especially on such short notice, left a terrible taste in his mouth. Much could have gone wrong with their plan that didn’t. Much could have gone better. History will be the final arbiter when they are all long in their graves.[break][break]
Chances are, if we don’t stop ‘em at Rustboro and Oldale both, they’ll be marching on cities, soon. Proper ones. Mauville and Slateport.” He shudders at the thought of war once more coming to Slateport, where Rocket threw their opening salvo so long ago. Should that battle happen again, it will happen with every terrible force that has drawn the attention of the Dark Triad. Gods will walk the earth. Pokemon will evolve for a third time, grow large, and use unprecedented moves. Men will play at the power of higher forces with sygna suits.[break][break]
But this is about Mauville.[break][break]
If I were Rocket,” and he thinks he knows how thinks when he plays to win, “I’d be squirreling away stuff in New Mauville for when the inevitable happens. It’s real big and you can’t patrol the whole thing. Store munitions and anything else down there and no one would be able to find it ‘til it was too late. That aside, you got shelters ready for the civilians?

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 21:50:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Shalin had accomplished much in her long tenure as Rustboro's Captain. Her unique Sygna Suit had pioneered many advancements in the technology, letting wearers utilize powers incredibly similar to Avatars like . Josh was familiar with that level of bond, as well. "Her Sygna Suit has defined her for so long," he mused as their server returned with their drinks. "With Arc Suit technology being a thing now, I really looked forward to seeing what she could do with it. I've already decided what I'm doing with my own Sygna Suit, but I'm not physically ready for it yet."

Indeed, taking half of Sootopolis was a heavy blow to Rocket, making Ever Grande City safer than ever. With a mainland presence very close to Mauville, Josh had to be more vigilant than ever of Rocket attacks. "Petalburg's already too close to home. I feel bad for already. If Verdanturf falls, where am I gonna get high-quality leathers for my new Pokémon? I've added a bunch of new recruits of late, including a Heatran and Genesect. While they're a bit rough around the edges, they can put on some speed when their thrusters get hot. I've also come upon a Ditto for Pokémon I don't have that challengers bring to the Gym." He remembered the day a young challenger rolled up to the Gym with a Raticate. Gogo's first race was against that, and did Josh ever feel it afterward.

This would not be the first time Josh had been down to New Mauville for investigations; he remembered Rime giving their life to repel the Dynamaxed Toxtricity from beneath the Regi Ruins. "It might still be worth asking for a small Law Enforcement presence down there. Do some scouting and investigating." As far as an evacuation plan, he did have one. "Remember my Minor League Gym and the old Battle Arcade property on Route 111? Kyle's old Gym? We can evacuate some people there. It's not enough for everyone, but it's a start."

{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,926 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 5:53:05 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

The battle arcade’s a start.” Navy hastily agrees. “But we’re gonna need more than that. Dewford has some bunkers that helped out during the Three Days War. See if Mauville’s got something similar. Hell, for that matter, get up with the city planner. Try and find us some blueprints of New Mauville.” Someone built the place, and built it within the last century. There would be records. Mankind’s marvels are not idle things, not simply made. There will be something they can use, if they can only find it.[break][break]
We probably need more than a small presence in New Mauville. Regular patrols would be great. There’s an authentic power spot down there. We’ve seen what that means at the tomb, the desert ruins, and that island north of Dewford.” His expression turns grim. Navy’s food grows cold and only a poke from Hattori rouses him enough to take a bite. This war will not be won on an empty stomach.[break][break]
One of H- one of those Regis has a temple or somethin’ down there.” Even now, after everything he’s done, Navy does not betray . Not when mankind’s enemy laughs at them while they squabble among their own.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 20:51:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It would be trivial for Josh to get an audience with Mauville City's municipal leaders responsible for the political and urban development side. Josh worked most closely with the Ranger and Law Enforcement side of the metropolis. Gym Leader was a position that exposed him to enough politics as it was; he didn't want any more. "I'll do some legwork and see what I can find. If there's a part of New Mauville that we can safely evacuate to, we'll use it. I'm just worried that Rocket might beat us there and we could be marching them all to their deaths." For that would be a belly defenseless citizens, particularly the city's elderly population, would not walk out of. "I'll talk to Law Enforcement about sparing some units for New Mauville, too."

Josh noticed Navy seemed to be letting his half of the bread growing cold. He had already finished his half of the pizza bread, leaving two pieces of garlic bread to scoop up his dish's sauce when the main course arrived. "Not going to have any pizza bread?" he asked. "It's really good. Part of what keeps me coming back here despite the trip." Perhaps he was distracted by Josh's lukewarm response to the New Mauville situation, or by something eh didn't have the clearance to access.

Thankfully for , Navy's slipup went completely over Josh's head. "I know. I've already been down there," he answered. "It's where we learned that Dynamaxing without a Dynamax Band is lethal for a Pokémon. Rime, my Alolan Ninetales, gave up her life because of it." Perhaps soon, Navy would find out that Josh and Howard had already been down there together.

{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,926 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 8:42:18 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Something like that happened with me down in the Deep Sea. One of my Garchomp died.” A soft shiver runs down his spine. How narrowly he dodged a certain bullet. “Something happened. Don’t know what, but it did. When Silph went crazy down there and I fought Groudon, I dynamaxed Vortigern. This was before we had bands. Somehow, he didn’t die.” There’s probably some scientific explanation, but he’s not the man to find it.[break][break]
Either way, it doesn’t matter. Navy picks up his bread, eats it and sees what Josh means. It’s good food. Very good. Just now, he finds it hard to have an appetite, but he eats for appearances and to keep Hattori happy.[break][break]
Sorry ‘bout your loss, and that you had to be the one to pay the price for figuring that out. The League owes you a debt that it can never repay.” He’s said that a lot, to many people, and he’ll keep on repeating the words. “Sometime next year, I’m gonna organize another gym jam. Think it’s important you guys get to give you input, especially now the war’s kicked off.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 23:32:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
At the mention of losing one of his Garchomp, his mind went to Aslan. "And I'm sorry for your loss, too. No one deserves it. But such is the reality of war," Josh sighed. "Aslan, the leader of my pride, didn't survive the battle in Sootopolis." A well-placed HYDRO PUMP from 's Pokémon sent the Shiny lion tumbling into the sea that horrible day. "I've had a lot of my Pokémon die on me in the last year. But Aslan... this was the first one that really hurt. He was one of the Pokémon that I took to 's chamber. I couldn't have become a Champion without him. And now... he's gone. The coronation at my Gym went well, and now Kovu and Nala are the new king and queen." Though he couldn't sync with them, there were plenty of mysterious powers that the two Illumina lions had for Josh to realize. A trip to ' lab might be needed.

"And I tire of it," Josh added, taking the last piece of pizza bread when it became clear to him that the Elite Four was not as hungry as he was. "This year's already been rough. I've lost Dashie, my Galarian Rapidash... I would have lost Nala and Rani had you and Kyle not saved them... and now, both Aslan and Resheph, two Pokémon I've known for years, taken from me in the same day... I don't want to say it, but it's hard not to feel less moved every time. It's like the war's made me... used to loss. It hurts, Navy. It hurts to say it."

Their conversation would be interrupted by the server returning to take their main orders. "Think I'm gonna have your cheese tortellini alfredo," he decided. "I'd also like another lemonade, please." Once Navy placed his, if any, he would address the big revelation. "Thank you. Looking forward to it. You really are the people's Elite Four. It's hard for me to trust Matias and Greyson after what they've put me through."

Josh exhaled, thinking about his future. "I've also...given thought to applying again. For 's empty seat postwar. I've already made Mauville Racing Grounds profitable even without a League stipend."

{PC: 5}
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,926 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 4:31:23 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Though Navy places no order, his Greninja jumps up, pointing at different things on the menu. Many of them are dishes suited for Navy’s tastes. Others are his own. A shinobi has to eat.[break][break]
All this food is secondary to the real thrust of the discussion. Josh’s words rouse a hmm from the fighting master.[break][break]
What’s Greyson done to you? Silph I get.” Arceus knows Matias caused plenty of trouble before Kyle’s death made him stop and take stock of his own actions. “But Greyson?”[break][break]
There’s another issue he means to address first, one many would say he has no power to actualize. The Elite Four are not operating at full capacity. There must be four, if for no other reason than they look weak while the post is closed.[break][break]
That empty seat’s no good. I’ve got three candidates in mind for fillin’ it. You, and two others.” His word carries weight. The right word in Dahlia’s ear, and maybe he’ll have a new co-worker.[break][break]
Genny n’ Eddie., a ranger who performed admirably during the battles of Mossdeep and Sootopolis. She recovers in a hospital, forced to rest while the war marches on. “That girl’s hell in a fight from what I hear. Been training her. She’d make one hell of a good Elite Four or a wartime co-head ranger with Ollie.” It would be a smart pick. Rangers are the region’s ambassadors. There should be a real ranger on the Elite Four.[break][break]
Eddie’s been with me for over half a year now. Good guy. Terrakion took to him, and he’s raising Shuwen’s kid. He’s got a lot of potential, plus he’s a soldier.” Though hails from foreign Paldean shores, he has defended Hoenn as ardently as any son of this land’s soil.[break][break]
And I think you’d be real good for it, Josh. You’re a champion rank trainer and a ranger. Real good PR there. Only problem I’d have with it personally is that Mauville needs you. and you are the region’s two best gym leaders. Who would you tap to replace you?

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 21:26:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It's just... the way he treated me during the three times we battled up to and including the Champion Assessment," Josh recalled. "I get that he was trying to teach me, but he seemed overly harsh. Like deep down, that he regrets giving me the pass. Almost like... almost like speed isn't a valid strength in Pokémon combat. It was something Melody recognized. Kyle recognized. Hell, even Callan recognized." Were the sheriff astute, he may have been able to pick up on 's influence over him. Influence that had been lingering since Swift and Chi-Yu had battled. Influence that had been stoked at Sootopolis.

An ENVY that had penetrated to all but Josh's subconscious depths.

"It's like the upper echelons of the League are trying to call the legitimacy of my entire Champion Assessment into question," Josh frowned. "If it was just one person, I could more easily write it off. It's just harder to write off a shared sentiment like this." Self-doubt that Josh thought the Great One, Ho-oh, had incinerated him and purified him of had resurfaced, turning into ENVY at the whims of the Coveted.

That frown turned upside down when Navy said he was looking at Josh as a good candidate to fill the vacant seat. "You flatter me," the electric Knight replied. "But I think, given what's happened since Eris, that it's warranted. I will put in my application for the seat when it reopens." He listened to the arguments for his competition, and nodded in agreement with both. " has signed up for a rematch at Mauville Gym, too. I'll get to evaluate them there. I think she would make a better Head Ranger than Elite Four, though. Her skills, for what I've seen of them, are better apt to the field than pure combat."

Josh had given his successor some thought. Mauville Racing Grounds would stay as they were if he were to pass the torch down. They just would lose their official status as Gym, as well as the League stipend that came with them. By now, they were profitable even without League funding. He might have to take a pay cut, but he was sure the raise by being promoted would more than make up for it. "What about ?" he asked the Warrior. "He's got a good head on his shoulders, and he's talked to me about being a Gym Leader ever since we met. I've worked with him a lot, both on the Gym side and on the Ranger side. Have you worked with him much?"

{PC: 6}
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,926 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2024 5:16:25 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

You need to stop listenin’ to Penny so much.” She imbibes men with a poison that kills many. Navy has the poor fortune of having drunk from its draught at a young age. He envied his friends for their many adventures. He bore grudges against Rocket that blossomed into hate, stopped only from murder by fear of what might happen should he go all the way. His salvation was named Gabriel Navidson, his hope named . They gave him the strength to be better, and so he tries to give that same strength to others.[break][break]
She didn’t fight Ho-oh. I respect the shit out of Connors and Silph is the strongest trainer the League has. It ain’t their calls to make. You passed. I don’t need you beating yourself up when we have a war to win.” A short nod towards the waiters working other tables, each of them living a life as vibrant as Josh’s or Navy’s. “These people need you, man. They’ll still need you if you get the promotion.” [break][break]
And as for his successor…[break][break]
Never met that guy you’re talkin’ about. Stellar. If he’s who you want, he’s probably up to snuff. Think you should wait ‘til the war shakes out. You’re who Mauville needs right now, but if that’s the guy you wanna pass the torch on to, nobody’s gonna tell you no.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 0:34:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even more so. Were Josh to be promoted, Mauville wouldn't be his only purview. He would be responsible for saving lives throughout all of Hoenn. From Littleroot to Lilycove, Fallarbor to Pacifidlog, Ever Grande and beyond, it would all rest on his shoulders. "Matias I get because he let his Patron control him. I think he's a bit of an extremist, even if he's got Hoenn's best interests in mind as a whole. Greyson, like I said, I think was just a bit overly harsh on me. I haven't spent a ton of time with him outside the workplace. Maybe I'll invite him here one night if he likes Alto Maren." Perhaps there was just a misunderstanding between the two. They one day might see eye to eye.

"Penny, though... she doesn't make sense to me... and she's becoming increasingly hard to trust. I met with her to get her help with developing Swift's powers. He and Chi-Yu had quite the battle." Perhaps that was the smoking gun in the room. That the ruinous Pokémon had rekindled emotions Josh had though he long since discarded into the Great One's funeral pyre. "And I'm not leaving Mauville behind. I'll still keep Mauville Racing Grounds as a battle and racing facility. It just wouldn't be officially League affiliated anymore, were to select me."

At last, Josh's main course came: a big bowl full of large, round, cheese-filled noodles, drenched in white, creamy sauce. He stabbed it with his fork, letting it swirl around his mouth. "Decadent," he remarked. "They give you enough here for two, even three meals."

As he took a break to let some of his food settle, Josh asked the question that had been on his mind since going to Dewford with Keldeo. "How did you and Zacian get to be friends with one another, anyway? Cause I'd seen them before that. In the RKS Simulation."

{PC: 7}
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,926 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 5:19:55 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Not just in RKS.” It is not often the sheriff’s business to correct someone on their perspective, but he speaks on this matter because it is of dire consequence. “At the tomb, too. You were closer to her brother, but you must’ve seen her.” How different would his life be, had he been closer to the shield hero? In the grand scheme of this pageant, he would be the same. Navy would rouse. He would stand. He would fight.[break][break]
But what of his love for ? What of his loyalty to ? What of his two daughters and son? , Crystal, and Raphael were happy together. He would have never had any of them, had he fought alongside Zamazenta that day.[break][break]
It’s a long story. The short version’s we went on a journey together. We saw some stuff. Fought some people. Learned about ourselves.” His misty hand falls upon Hattori, rubbing the Greninja on the top of his head. Another Hattori died for him in that world, and he died a mighty death. To speak about that journey is to bare his soul in the most intimate way, and he finds it embarrassing.[break][break]
She’s not a god.” The admission is almost dangerous, even if it gives nothing away. There is power in mythology. Zaria, called Cyan by the Fairy King, was but a woman. The myth of Zacian, the hero she became, endured long after her sword turned to rust at Registeel’s side.[break][break]
Not like Ho-oh, or Palkia, or Rayquaza. Anyone, any Pokemon, can be like that, Josh.” Scientists might disagree, but they live in times where there are things beyond man’s understanding. To be a god is to be born great. To walk the warrior’s road is to climb to greatness.[break][break]
We went back to Galar. I got to ride Valkyrie again. Now there’s herds of her all over the region.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 0:11:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Her brother?" Josh asked. "Oh, you must mean the Pokémon that's with . Honestly, the last year's been such a blur. Between Galar, the Champion Assessment, and now, getting to live my dream... once my arm's at full capacity. And when that day comes, I'll make good on my claim as Hoenn's Master of Faster."

The duo would give new meaning to the phrase "ride the lightning".

He listened to 's origin story, resuming eye contact when he mentioned Zacian wasn't a god. "Neither is Swift," Josh nodded back. "After seeing at The Border, and as a result, learning that he's gone gone, I've come to grips with it. He's not a Pokémon. He's a memory of a Pokémon. But that doesn't matter. He's still as precious to me as the real thing would be. And he fights just like the real thing." To Josh, the monochrome tiger was as real as 's Suicune, 's Entei, and any other god he admired. Only this one was in perfect sync with Josh's subconscious. Every day he fought alongside the Raikou, he learned to control his inner self just a bit better.

And once both were in harmony, he would be able to go toe to toe with one of Rocket's Avatars. On equal footing.

"Vaklyrie?" Josh asked. "She wouldn't be a Spectrier, would she? You should meet Eriette sometime," he referred to his own. Before he could get any farther, their server came back to check on them, offering them cake and ice cream for dessert. "Not tonight," the Gym Leader politely declined. "Just one more lemonade refill and the check, please."

{PC: 8}
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven