Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 1:18:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

BEE • BARNABY FINCH

ROCKET ADMIN • HNN BROADCAST JOURNALIST

to most, barnaby finch comes off as confident and mildly flamboyant. in his everyday persona [blonde wig] (UPDATE barnaby's avatar powers allow him to change superficial aspects of his appearance, including his hair color! no more wigs!) he tries to be as friendly and charming as possible. he's a television personality and journalist for hoenn news network, after all, and a positive public perception is crucial to the success of his career. despite his best efforts, however, barnaby's affluent and privileged upbringing can sometimes peek through his façade. he can be snobby, selfish, and vain.

in his ROCKET persona [natural black hair] as BEE, however, he is more subdued and direct. more business-minded, if you will.

PLOT HOOKS

feel free to post here or DM me (dove) on discord! ♡

STARDOM || barnaby has grand ambitions for his morning talk show, THE BEE'S KNEES, and for his journalistic pursuits in general. he's always looking for the next big story. politics, current events, popular media, etc. the topics he covers are purposefully broad. if you'd like to be interviewed for an article or be a guest on his show, barnaby's more than happy to meet with you!

CALAMITY: DOCUMENTED || the citizenry deserve to know the full scope of hoenn's next disaster! join barnaby and his trusty cameraman tomás as they document the odd happenings around the region. brave space-time distortions, cryptic ruins, seedy locales, and more!

M.A.G.M.A MINDED || after the revitalization of the M.A.G.M.A DIVISION, barnaby takes a vested interest in their goals and long-term projects. he wishes to integrate and establish himself as a leader within ROCKET and believes this initiative is a great way to showcase that. check out the M.A.G.M.A page and if you're interested in either training or research threads, hit me up!

FOR THE GLORY || born into an influential ROCKET family in kalos, barnaby grew up within the organization and is loyal to their cause. he routinely participates in their operations as BEE. if you're wanting a partner for a ROCKET-affiliated mission, look no further!

KALOS & GALAR || the son of a media conglomerate CEO and ROCKET admin, barnaby was born in lumiose city, kalos and lived there throughout his adolescence. he attended lumiose university where he obtained his undergraduate degree before relocating to the university of galar for his graduate studies. i'm open to past relationships from either of these regions - just let me know and we can discuss it!
close tab

played by

canaan

eri
he/him
june 17
viridian, kanto
bisexual
con man
grunt
i love you since this morning. not just for aesthetic.
awards
1 post
part of
TAG WITH @damiano
damiano eriani
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 3:52:24 GMT
damiano eriani Avatar

x

allo, allo. i've come to christen this lovely plotter like a fine ship and i meant to bring a champagne bottle but i ran out of the good stuff. however, i do have a six-pack and hope cracking open a cold one in your honor will suffice. cheers, to barnaby. he's super and so handsome.

tbh, i don't know where to begin so i'll just start somewhere. i have damiano on offer here. he's the classic not-so-classic conman that started robbing game corners in his youth b4 moving on and up to the real $$$$. he, like barnaby, follows the money.

both of them are in rocket, both see dollar signs instead of stars or maybe both, are similarly duplicitous and crafty, and keep their metaphorical cards close to their vest all the while relieving others of their own. i feel like they can both act the part very well. damiano's usual m.o. is more background thug, mr. behind-the-scenes, read the fine print kinda deal but i can see him developing an interest in barnaby's broadcasting career. maybe he picks up a part time gig to scope the place out and meets barnaby. like a meetcute but during office hours. lol

damiano would definitely be attracted to barnaby and his wallet. if barnaby is looking to spoil someone he'll sign his soul away with the ulterior motive of ultimately trying to divest him of his cash. he won't expect to be spoiled for free so in exchange he'll offer to launder barnaby's fortune in order to keep it safe (not from him) and also double the amount. he's just sweet enough to pull the wooloo fleece over most (discounting barnaby) but less slick than a used car salesman...so he's likeable. maybe fun rocket things, missions, a 5-star dinner and a show and perhaps a vacation or two will allow them to get to know one another and the skeletons in their respective closets can do lunch. have damiano's ppl call barnaby's ppl. or just hit me up here or on discord. i'm sorry for the novel.

p.s. i also have another rocket @alejo if you're interested. his single chapter takeaway is that he's essentially riff-raff from kalos. semi-known musician back home, one of these d-i-y, jack of all, master of none types. also likes affluence and follows it like a bloodhound. if you're looking for more threads centering on barnaby from a broadcast journalist angle alejo would be right up his alley to interview and maybe spoil if he sees fit. alejo wouldn't try to take his money at least not while it was being freely lavished upon him. it's a good deal - lavish one get one free.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 15:57:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

x

well hello there. welcome to my once-lonely plotter. come, stay awhile. and thank you for being the first guest~ you're in luck, because alcohol of all kinds are accepted here. cheers 🍻

before we get into plot stuff, i just wanted to say that damiano is a gorgeous boy. i'm excited to do something with him and barnaby! i also may have googled fate makes no mistakes and gone down the tumblr rabbit hole for a hot minute, and like, damn 👀

i love the office meetcute idea. that could be interesting, because damiano would get to know both "sides" of barnaby: the one he shows to the public, and his more hard-edged "true" self. there would also be a fun power dyanamic at play there if damiano is hired as a part-timer.

barnaby would find damiano's schemes kind of cute, actually. there's no way he would let him launder his money (barnaby's family already has plenty of shell companies and off-shore accounts), but he'd think damiano's efforts were endearing. he has pluck, ya know? barnaby likes that. i can definitely see fancy dinners and lavish vacations in their future. and hey, if they really seem to vibe together, maybe they can do some actual work for ROCKET.

i am also totally open to threading with @alejo ! i can see barnaby covering a "new, up-and-coming artists" type of story and he'd fit right in. btw fun fact, i used to read starfighter back in the day! so excited to see cain's image again. man, its been years since i've thought about that story. thanks for the nostalgia~

close tab

played by

canaan

eri
he/him
june 17
viridian, kanto
bisexual
con man
grunt
awards
1 post
part of
TAG WITH @damiano
damiano eriani
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 21:41:12 GMT
damiano eriani Avatar

x

nothing like breaking in a new plotter with a round of drinks on an endless tap. pls have barnaby pick up the tab. drinks on him. 🍻

an aside, but let me share in that sentiment and say howl is so classic and i rewatched hmc for the nth time. he is so perfect and gets me everytime like 👀. i am so looking forward to plotting/threading them and loving their potential dynamic thus far. the series is an interesting one and the art is just so pretty. i too have ventured down that rabbit hole and yes just damn is a perfect way to sum it up. finding gfx was a task in itself. easy to become lost in there.

damiano may not be as literally two-faced as barnaby with his two 'sides' but he can surely appreciate the effort it takes to keep up appearances as he employs the tactic himself. tbh, he'd be quite impressed with barnaby and enjoy becoming acquainted with both sides. likewise, damiano's façade might loosen a little as he relaxes in barnaby's company. both shady af but they know that and it works for them? lol

damiano usually goes for low profile gigs like electrician or lights & staging so he can move about at his leisure. he could also masquerade as an intern or something to that effect to make the meetcute more plausible. or maybe barnaby is feeling generous and promotes damiano to assistant or personal intern possibly thanks to one of his engineered schemes. we can work it out however or wing it. i am down for a power dynamic between them especially given the public vs. private/closed door premise. i love the idea of their intial meeting and they think the other is a plainclothes civilian or some mark they can make use of.

damiano would probably come with the recognition that barnaby might be wise to his schemes or have long shored up his accounts but it wouldn't stop him from trying. besides, he hears the perks are great and he could enjoy some time in the lap of luxury either way. if money laundering is off the table, he's sure there are other ways in which he can be of service. he could live with barnaby spoiling him and thinking his efforts though in vain were charming. damiano probably thinks barnaby is charming and cunning and seeing so plainly through his plans is rather inspiring. so is keeping him around despite the fact. if they vibe actual tr work might be good but damiano is having too much fun on his vacation.

alejo would appreciate the publicity. they could also do some rocket missions as well. maybe they don't recognize one another from an interview and then do a few missions together a time later. this goes on for a while before it finally dawns on them or the evidence falls into place and there's that 'aha' moment. they could even 'chat' about it pre/post interview. all that drama and good stuff. if you liked starfighter i recommend fate makes no mistakes. i'm here for all the old or obscure series. glad to have offered some nostaligia.~ i'm sorry for the novel again. i really love this. ♡

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2021 22:48:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

x

ditto, i'm loving all of this. so no need to apologize for the novel! you've got lots of neat ideas and i'm enjoying reading them~

if you're down, i say let's start with the office meetcute. damiano's right in that college intern age bracket, so maybe he's at HNN posing as a journalism intern? it would definitely make more sense for them to meet that way. barnaby sees damiano around the office, who of course catches barnaby's eye becausse duh, look at him. i like the idea of them not even knowing they're both ROCKETs until much later lol

i'm also up to doing a mission with alejo as well! there are some pretty fun-looking ones that are ROCKET only. do any of them catch your eye? i agree it'd be an interesting moment if they both realize (maybe during the interview), wait, THIS is the person i went on that mission with??

close tab

played by

canaan

eri
he/him
june 17
viridian, kanto
bisexual
con man
grunt
awards
1 post
part of
TAG WITH @damiano
damiano eriani
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 0:10:41 GMT
damiano eriani Avatar

x

likewise if you have any ideas or specific missions you want to do please lay them on me. i'm all ears.

i'm so down, office meetcute here we come. i agree with journalism intern being a good segue into meeting. damiano can multitask and be an errand boy as well - make copies, get coffee, eventually follow barnaby around at his beck and call. y'know the usual. similarly, damiano was probably scoping out hnn headquarters for an easy mark not initial intending to settle on barnaby but once he has him in his sights it's history. perhaps it's been a few weeks since he's been hired which gives them a chance to get acquainted from afar or with one-off conversations. did you mind setting up a thread?

i love the inverse relationship they seem to have with barnaby and damiano not knowing the other is rocket at first contrasted against alejo and him who know they are rocket but can't recognize one another outside office hours. lol for missions maybe the admin are corrupt or i've done nothing wrong or the poke-trafficking. any that strike your fancy?

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 1:03:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

x

aaaahhh i'm excited to get this going! i'm heading to bed in a little bit, so i'll start the barnaby x damiano thread tomorrow~!

for the alejo x barnaby mission, how about poké-trafficking? the bonus condition would be easy to meet for that sweet extra cash.

close tab

played by

canaan

eri
he/him
june 17
viridian, kanto
bisexual
con man
grunt
awards
1 post
part of
TAG WITH @damiano
damiano eriani
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 2:24:23 GMT
damiano eriani Avatar

x

ahhh, i am so looking forward to them! and can i just say i love the images in your reply like damn 👀 take your time, no rush and rest well.

poke-trafficking mission sounds great! always up for some extra pocket money. more $$$ to lavish with.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 0:52:03 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
HI CUTIE DOVE 💕
ILY AND I LOVE BARNABY AND I ALREADY SPAM U DMS ABOUT PLOTS SO U KNOW WHATS UP
you're amazing and lovely and I'm super glad you joined Hoenn, writing with you is ALWAYS a joy ;-; 💕
(also gimme that past interaction tho c:< HORSEYS)
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 2:06:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

x

ILY TOO 💕 PLS CONTINUE SPAMMING WITH PLOTS

you're gonna make me cry tho omg ;-; SO SWEET I CAN'T— ditto to all that x1000000 💕

(& yes horsey thread is on my list hehe >:3)

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 7:57:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

i saw the "maggie" tab and was like HOLD UP

we've only threaded together once so far, dove, but from my brief exposure to barnaby and also from some of his posts i've read, i can say he's a complex character with well-written layers that i cannot wait to see you explore and flesh out further!

i can help with some of that, of course, like what we're doing now :pes_devil:

keep going, dove! :muscle:
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 0:56:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

x

OOP i should probably delete that until i get a chance to bring her to hoenn! my bad 🙏

TYYYY for all the kind words omg ;-; i'll definitely be hitting you up for further plots in the future!

close tab

played by

Zeta

Ventis, Prince of Song
He/Him
November 6th
Fallarbor
Bisexual
Idol
Grunt
you sell yourself for a dream, they're never quite what they seem
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 12:24:16 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar

x

Now, I can't rightly ignore a reporter, especially one with grand ambitions.

Meet Klaus (aka Ventis, the prince of song, international music sensation), a man who has managed to achieve his own grand ambitions and kiiiiinda hates the result, not that he'll be saying anything about that while the cameras are rolling. Could make for a fun interview thread (or post-interview thread if you wanna see a bit more of the man behind the public persona).

I also imagine that he either shows up at the same kind of parties as Barnaby or goes to the kind of parties that Barnaby wants to go to, and he might be able to score himself an invite (and more threading potential!). Half the time, Klaus picks someone up to bring along to shindigs with the other well-to-dos just to see what people will do about it. So, yeah, could be they've met at a party or Barnaby's about to get an invite (because inviting someone from a media outlet sounds absolutely hilarious to him, especially if he's in the know and nobody else is).

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 1:35:56 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

x

um, yes to all of the above. i think any of those angles would be a fun jumping-off point for them!

i'm leaning more toward a post-interview thread, where they happen to run into each other at a party/media event. so there's recognition but also space to delve into more personal territory.

if you're looking to score more money/items/infamy, i think either of these missions could apply!

close tab

played by

Zeta

Ventis, Prince of Song
He/Him
November 6th
Fallarbor
Bisexual
Idol
Grunt
you sell yourself for a dream, they're never quite what they seem
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cartier
KLAUS CARTIER
barnaby's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 2:21:20 GMT
KLAUS CARTIER Avatar

x

I love the idea of a post-interview thread, it gives Barnaby a nice primer on what it's like to interact with Klaus's public persona, which makes a potential party thread extra fun. Can have them run into each other at the party, or there's the option of Klaus straight up inviting him on a random lark so that he can spend the night entertaining himself by helping to air the dirty laundry of the elites (this will probably happen either way). Not sure who is about to torpedo their marriage with an affair counts as Hoenn history, buuuuut I'm sure Barnaby can provide some relevant info (maybe point out someone whose family has typically been involved in some dodgy shit or big historical moments) and we could make it mission parameter adjacent enough. Get him to talk about something real for once! He honestly might appreciate it.

The star is born one could also work. Klaus might be willing to be used as a prop to help Barnaby gain more fame if the right incentive is provided. He's mostly motivated by self-interest buuuuut -shrugs- he can be motivated by other things. xD To be fair, if the party thread goes well, it might make for a nice jumping off point for this one.  Thoughts?

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights