Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Ultra Deep Sea: HTN #1
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 1:32:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Father and daughter emerged into a pristine white plain, unmarred by mortal hands. A thick blanket of snow covered the Ultra Deep Sea for several hundred meters. The corpses of Nihilego disappeared under tons of winter's gentle caress. In front of Regice, a pile of snow quivered at Tsubaki's words.

"ACHOO!" The snow pile collapsed in on itself, revealing the archaeologist underneath. Through chattering teeth and blue lips, the admin visibly shivered. His eye darted around. "I t-thought I w-was gonna d-d-die..."

Another pile erupted, revealing Shuwen. Howard's Stonjourner rose up from the thick blanket like an ancient sentinel. Regice stood above all, a colossal construct that scraped the top of the Ultra Deep Sea in its size and scope. The fleshy walls of the alien world stiffened, froze, and cracked.

Eternatus shivered.

"I-Is it over?" Howard squinted as he shook in fear. Cold. "G-good..."

When Tsubaki put forth her claim, the admin paled. What little frozen blood drained from his face, and he looked more like a specter than a human being. He remembered and his concept on trust. Trust. Trust. Trust.

He could not trust Tsubaki, but he could trust the person who raised her. His eye flicked to Navy, before flicking back to Tsubaki.

"Y-yeah. I'm from Team Rocket. There's your proof, I salvaged it myself. When my hands were frostbitten, shaking, and raw, I ripped Regice from that island. It is Rocket's now, and it is mine." Howard closed his eye thoughtfully for a moment, before looking up at the golem. This was the last time that he'd see it. "Though this is likely the end. Navy."

Howard turned to the sheriff. He held up his hand, and there was something missing.

"I've doomed us."

No Dynamax Band dangled from Howard's wrist.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 2:52:12 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
HOLY DIVER, YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOo LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA. OH WHAT'S BECOMING OF ME?

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

I-I…know…” Navy does not stir from where he lays, even as he ages again in real time. His eyes, bleeding from where shells were ripped, regard Regice. Just as the light fades from his eyes, he looks up and sees a beautiful star – one that all those mining operations down into the core missed. It is the last thing he sees before oblivion takes him once more.[break][break]
Hattori is at his side at once, checking for a pulse. Visible relief rolls across the frog’s face when he feels a heartbeat. Navy has been touched by the sea, just as Tsubaki has. Nihilego’s thousand-thousand needles dug into him as he rescued her. If he does not receive medical attention within a very short timespan, he will most certainly perish.[break][break]
A thought that spurs Hattori to wave frantically, trying to alert them to that fact. He little cares for Regice’s inevitable fall when his Lord could die, so far away from the one who could save him. Shuwen, for his part, simply puts a hand on Howard’s shoulder. A shake of his head tells him all there is to say: there’s nothing to be done.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 0:42:16 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu2"]
[attr="class","star1tsu2"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu2"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu2"]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]He... [break][break]

He knows?[break][break]

The girl blinks in disbelief. Then, slowly, she starts to piece it together: a well-kept secret, trust placed in one wholly undeserving...[break][break]

She and this man are one in the same. [break][break]

And like in life, they'll meet a common end, too. At least, if what he's said comes to pass. [break][break]

Tattered body flits from Navy's lifeless grasp, and Tsubaki turns up at the giant. It reminds her of a Darkest Day in a lost world, a world devoured by the Skeleton around them and the black Knight both. More times than she can count, she's glimpsed the form of something poisoned by the Skeleton's toxic dynergy, but it always takes her breath away.[break][break]

"Don't be such a fatalist!" She winces at the irony, that it's her of all people saying something like that. "... Doesn't matter how you've lived your life-- all that matters is that you want to live!"[break][break]

A star flickers above, strange hints of a congealed wish. She's seen it written in scarlet pages, crimson ink in blood. She knows what this is, and yet... the strange giant is reacting to it. Soon, the end he speaks will come to pass. They need to act, quick.[break][break]

"Tell me you wanna live, Howard! Cause I ain't goin' down like this, and I'm gonna need your help!"[break][break]

The shinobi behind her croaks in surprise, glancing up at the giant. Her father's limp form remains in his arms, his black skin cracking in the white cold. [break][break]

"Hattori! Shuwen! You too!"[break][break]

Whatever energy she has left she levies into a shout. It's thanks only to the tolerance she's built up, that she can manage that much. Had she not fallen into the Sea a year ago, she'd be as comatose as .[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Twobaki pep talks Howard -- she's seen the end of the world before, and this isn't it

[attr="class","star3tsu2"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu2"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu2"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu2 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu2]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 1:22:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
As Navy's successor protested, Howard held out a frost-tipped finger, silencing her.

"This Pokémon was built to fell a god. Or, at least, to keep Eternatus from destroying Hoenn." He does not use a nickname or pronoun. To give Eternatus such an air of authority was to ascend it even further into the realm of divinity. Howard was a historian. He did not mystify. He illuminated. "But..."

Its pattern beeped so far above, a distant constellation accompanied by Wishing Stars shining in the darkness. Its mechanical shrieks were low and baritone.

"...I've seen what happens without a Dynamax Band. It kills Pokémon. Eternatus's existence is toxic. Galar burned when Eternatus moved. When Regice reverts, it'll die." He let out a hollow laugh. Lifeless. The realization that the most valuable piece of history Howard ever owned was about to destroy itself. "Regice will-"

The massive Wishing Star burned with a scarlet fervor. The gem of a god. A core from which dreams were made manifest. In a simulated world, something like it had been the beating heart of Regirock.

⠁⠎⠉⠑⠝⠙. Regice reached for its heart. Its pattern blinked yellow and red as its arm reached up higher and higher in an attempt to grasp at the Wishing Star. To incorporate. To unify. To reunite. The six months that the golem had spent without a Power Spot had been a lonely one, and yet it was so close to unification.

Yet as it began to pry at the star, the Dynergy began to dissipate, just like it had with 's Rime in New Mauville.

"It's over. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Walsh is gonna kill me. Cillian, Elisabeth, and Theo are gonna murder me for this." Despite that, he could not look away as Regice's ice ended. Tsubaki, Navy's Pokemon, and Howard bore witness to the death of a defender. The golem began to shrink. "FUCK!"

The Dynamax ended. The Ultra Deep Sea stopped freezing.

Regice stood still, unmoving. Instead of collapsing or shattering, its pattern reignited as it turned on.

⠓⠑⠇⠇⠕. It looked from Howard to Tsubaki, recognizing the latent power of her Power Spot.

"What? You're not dead?" For an agonizing second, Howard expected Regice to kick the bucket and die. A second became two, then three, then ten. Regice still moved, perfectly functional. The admin remembered to breathe. "You're not dead! Navy, it's not--!"

The sheriff's body was slumped over, unconscious. Right. Howard had forgotten about that.

"Oh, right."

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 23:25:06 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]The Sea remains perfectly still, the winter preserving this moment in time. Angels are covered-over with a thick layer of ice. Even the Sea's beating heart doesn't seem to penetrate the silence. Nothing but the two trainers, Navy's pokemon, and the winter itself seem to be aware that time has ceased to have all meaning.[break][break]

Tsubaki's spirited desire to fell the giant is stayed by Howard's hand, and she turns to him. The giant looms overhead. They can slay it, if only he'd... [break][break]

So. That's what's over. Not this world, but... his life.[break][break]

Or so he says. [break][break]

"Nothing ever ends. It ain't over. You can defect, like Merlo and the others--"[break][break]

A smattering of curses cuts her off, but he must've heard the name.[break][break]

wanted to kill Walsh almost as much as her. Howard would be a powerful asset in that same fight, someone who's fighting cause they have no other option. Unlike her, some peon... if the leadership wanted him dead, he must be important. He'd be a useful asset.[break][break]

She's suddenly painfully aware he doesn't know her status, one of his former colleagues. Lucky, she thinks. Not trusting anyone paid off. Always does. She swallows painfully, ignoring the lump in her throat. Opens her mouth to speak, but...[break][break]

Suddenly the giant's form contracts, reduced to its familiar size. She almost expects a cracked husk, but the lights on its body flicker and it makes a metallic sound. Alive. Or at the very least, not dead. [break][break]

She stares at it with a dark look, wondering what the hell happened... silent scorn, for it remains alive. [break][break]

"... There's always an exit. Even with that pokemon, you can get out if you want it."[break][break]

She knows it's futile now. A man who had lost everything is easy to bend to your will. A man with something to lose, a man who's afraid of the worst coming to pass... he will never take a risk that upends everything he holds dear. Her words will fall on deaf ears. [break][break]

She furrows her brow, heated look in her eyes that threaten to melt the blue ice that makes up the golem's body. [break][break]

"Why isn't it dead?"[break][break]

There's a dangerous tone in her voice for all but a moment, and then it evaporates into thin air as she remembers herself. The girl who speaks next is abrasive, but in a way much more alike the Tsubaki that Howard is acquainted with. [break][break]

"You're the historian, aren't you? Or was that a lie as well?"[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Twobaki talkin'

[newclass=.petalbasetsu2]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu2]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu2 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu2]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu2] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/GQMBHaM.jpg), #000; background-blend-mode: lighten; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu2]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 8:45:41 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The joy of Regice's survival melted away as quickly as a summer snow as Tsubaki's voice dragged Howard back to reality.

Reality, that old bitch. Her kisses were dry and dusty and promised naught but despair and restriction. Yet reality and Howard were old friends, he was used to her beckoned call, as much as he hated to answer. Regice was alive, which defied every known law of Dynamax as a phenomenon. The history books could be rewritten. If he took this knowledge back to Rocket, someone would be able to do something with it!

Yet instead, he had to face Tsubaki. A less lovely motivation, but a necessary one. He couldn't lie to her. He could not lie to 's child.

He turned to face her.

"Not a lie," he told her. "I was a historian and archaeologist first. Those were my first two loves. My first memory was one of old pages and dusty relics, not of blood and battle."

Even his voice betrays cowardice and fear, a resignation to a fate they both know he cannot change. He is not a grunt, some nameless face known by few. He could not disappear and be stricken from the records of history like some historian's error. They both know that the admin would rather die than erase historical records.

It was cowardly, but it was cowardice with a cause.

Howard Slayte was not . Howard Slayte was not . He was something worse. A man with convictions, yet too blind to see that there had been an ending that resulted in his freedom. Every bad decision that had led him here was his own. There was nobody else to blame but himself.

Him and his passion.

"I don't know why it's not dead. I genuinely don't." Howard's voice was a whisper over the screaming cold. "But Navy... he's dying, Tsubaki. We need to get him out of here."

He took a step forward.

"I didn't hurt you in that submarine."

Another step.

"Or here."

Closer.

"But Navy cannot be allowed to die. He is needed. We need him. You need him." Where would Tsubaki be without her guiding hand. "I trusted Navy with my secret. He could've given me up, but he didn't."

He looked down at her.

"Now, you've inherited his will. Can I trust you?" His eye glittered with frost. "Can you trust me?"

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 3:47:38 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu2"]She allows the man his last words. An appeal, the justice her younger self never been allowed nor given to anyone. If had taught her one thing, it was that: not the rule of law and order, nor a rejection of it, but justice.[break][break]

"No. I can't trust you. You can't trust me, either, and you know it."[break][break]

She's not naive enough for that to work. She recognizes his talent, however. A younger, more idealistic version of herself may have fallen for that line. With just those words, it's obvious why he was entrusted that shard of ice to begin with. [break][break]

"But..."[break][break]

He makes a compelling case. [break][break]

She needs him alive to get out of this hell.[break][break]

"Navy. You help me save him, I won't do a thing to you. Give you my word."[break][break]

Not that that meant much. She'd lied to practically everyone in her life, the current Dewford Gym Leader included. What was one more lie atop the pile? Where would it end? [break][break]

Not here, at the very least. One lie of omission, and he was none the wiser as to her own past. [break][break]

Just as well. [break][break]

Some things in the past don't deserve to be preserved or uncovered, no matter how much this man may think otherwise. [break][break]

Across the frozen expanse, walls of flesh begin to split apart, glowing pink eyes dotting the vista as far as the eye can see. They glare accusingly at a giant who should by all rights have died, at his master who slays angels. At the girl who became one. The world seems to tremble beneath their feet, a slumbering god turning restlessly as it faces a bad dream.[break][break]

"Neither of us are makin' it outta here if we don't work together."[break][break]

She swallows, feeling the sensation of sharp daggers running all the way down her throat. Looking out at the Sea and all of Eternatus's angels, they appear as immaculate marble statues, some tribute or a passion play to the abyss itself. The beauty is hard to look at. She turns back to face the Rocket, Howard Slayte, instead. The ugliness she now sees inside him seems to steady her vertigo some. [break][break]

"Wonder who's idea it was. This cruel joke, I mean... givin' someone so obsessed with preserving things a buncha ice, watchin' it melt in his hands."[break][break]

Shuwen picks Tsubaki up with his free arm, carrying the past and future of Dewford with him as he nods Howard's way. An ancient king of the skies at his beck and call, Howard sends out his Aerodactyl and accompanies them into the frozen Sea.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ poggers

[/newclass]