2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 2:14:05 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
So. After the situation earlier, it seemed that and himself had planted their carrots right next to one another.

Now, this wasn't some big deal. Not one worth staying overnight in a cavern for. If anything, Razz was probably one of the most trustworthy people Chu-e had met so far, which was pretty funny; between the two of them, Chu-e was the shady one. But. The carrots were growing so fast!

It seemed like he had blinked and suddenly they were half grown! At this rate, they would be done before morning. And Chu-e was really up for just leaving his perfectly good, if not fucking weird, carrots out here, so it looked like he was going to be staying most of the night.

And Razz was too, bless him. Chu-e made him stay in the cave by himself for a bit so he could go pick them up some stuff from Mossadeep and his house. They weren't really ready to spend hours, after dark, in an icy cavern after all.

"I have food!" He half yelled, holding up the takeout boxes in triumph. "Hope you like fish! I got sushi." Four whole boxes of it, since he didn't know what Razz liked. Also a bag of bottled juices were hanging off his wrist; his Machamp was with him now, some blankets and a battery powered radio, along with a few other smaller supplies, in her arms.

The Skitty, which Chu-e had left behind as an act of goodwill to show he would return, instantly sat up from where they had been curled up together, starting to meow and surround their trainer to beg for food.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 5:41:34 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

The ranger can't help but wonder why he's agreed to this. Especially with his paranoia being so high, but funily enough he found himself saying yes to the man who has now abandoned him with his cats. Though with the carrot seemingly sprouting much faster than anticipated, and Razz very curiously wanting to be here for whatever may happen he may as well. Not like he was going to get proper sleep tonight anyways, he hasn't all month. Though being around the group of cats was somewhat relaxing. [break][break]

So for fun he brought out another of his cats, probably his biggest, yet youngest kitten. So as he waited for the other to come back Razz decided to play with the others. Litten, Nylon, and one or two of the skitties were in a little sleeping pile of their own while Salem seemed to be playing tag with another. While Razz himself had the attention of his Zeraora and the rest of the Skitty was playing with a lazer pointer at the end of his pen for the group to have fun with. [break][break]

Though play time didn't last forever as he showed up with sushi in toe. "Yeah they're alright, thank you," he nods as his own cats and Nylon seemed to gather round hoping for food as well. "So what do you think is so special about these carrots?" he can't help but question trying to keep his mind off other topics going on in hoenn.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Mission: Slumber Party

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 6:01:41 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The gaggle of Skitty were all having a wonderful time, which was cute, but after they descended on him for food it was hard to walk. He ended up having to do that thing where he would gently put his foot under their tummy and use that as leverage to lift and move them out of the way. It only worked a little. He sighed. "Muse?" The Machamp sighed, herself, at her name, but placed the supplies down closer to - then started to dig in one of the bags. A special platter was brought out with some type of extra fancy fish based cat food... the real expensive shit. Chu-e clearly knew how to spoil his pokemon. Luckily, he had the foresight to bring extra, which meant that the Litten, Salem, and even Razz's other big cat could have plenty. He even got the Whimsicott a special type of food from home, which he fed to his own Whimsicott to keep his cotton soft and lustrous.

"No idea!" Handing the containers down to Razz, he waited for the other to take them before spreading out one of the blankets on the cold cave floor for them. It had a Luvdisc print. "I just thought it would be fun to do. Worst comes to worst, I just feed mine to my Rapidash and Mudsdale." Once he was settled and the pokemon fed, even Muse helping herself to some food from one of the bags, he popped open one of the containers to reveal a Dragoniar Roll with all the fixings. "What do you thinks so special about them?"
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 7:52:38 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't amused by the way the skitty gathered around their trainer. Basically blocking the way he walked, it actually got a small smile out of him. His pokemon were definitely excited about the food as it was very different from what Razz usually got as he was still trying to save for a new place. He takes the containers and opens up the food for the pokemon and does what he can to ensure they're all fed before he even touches the sushi the other got for them. "What do you all say," he questions his pokemon who seemed to be already digging in. So several of them were giving thanks with full mouths. [break][break]

"Thanks again," he offers once more as he does take a piece of sushi for himself as the other dropped the other things he brought. Part of him wondered if the radio was a little much. "Well they're foreign and grow in cold apparently so there is that, but honestly I don't expect much its just another thing to waste time with, and they were free so...." he shrugs as he shoves another sushi into his mouth.

[break][break]

+ [break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 15:59:24 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e crammed another piece of sushi in his mouth as he listened to . He nodded along, understanding where the other was coming from. "When I was looking online, they said you could grow them at like, cemeteries and something else would happen, but nothing ever specified what. I didn't think plants did that? Like, turn into something new depending on where you grow it?" He paused to think it over.

"My mom and my brother's friend's mom, they both had these uh... these bushes with flowers on them. I can't remember what they're called." Chu-e was talking about Hydrangia bushes, even if he didn't know it. "And they came from the same place, were the same plant, but ours was blue and hers was pink. And it had to do with like... something in the soil? So maybe something like that? But, like, they were still the same plant, just a different color...." He mused over it for a moment longer before shrugging.

"Well, either way, it's wild they're growing so fast. I feel like this isn't normal, either."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 4:25:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"I mean it makes sense, especially if you think of pokemon like how most Ponyta are fire type, but in Galar they have adapted to the environment to be a Fairy Typing," he talks about it as he tries to think of it to be more in a scientific manor like his father always taught him. Part of him wished he had another one now so he could plant in near a cemetery to see what that could be like. "I think it says something about a seed that requires the soil of where people have burried their dead for," he can't help but ponder on as he looks at the small plant that would be a 'carrot' and wonders a bit if it was even safe to do so now. [break][break]

"Sounds like your mother had nice friends, can't really help you on the flower though I don't know much about them," he compliments, quickly stopping himself from wondering what his family would've been like if they were more normal. Though those were nothing but 'what ifs' of situations that would never be true. So there was no point in pondering about it all. [break][break]

In between bites of sushi he does breath into his hands for an attempt for extra warmth. "Honestly at this point is anything in Hoenn really normal? Last summer I got this little guy from lightning that struck a volcano so... yeah..." he mentions as he lightly scratches Whis behind the ear as they still munch on their food.

[break][break]

+ [break]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 6:58:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Either dead bodies or dead soil. You're right... maybe we shouldn't eat these if we grow them." Chu-e also glanced down at the plants again before he put his container down, leaning over to dig through the bags. Another blanket was pulled out, this one covered in a pink flowers pattern, which he tossed around 's shoulders. Then a third blanket was tugged free, paw print pattern, and wrapped it around himself.

"Do you think weird stuff happens in other Regions like it does here?" His voice was curious, seriously asking the question. "Growing up in Sinnoh, then like... even when I was in Kanto. Nothing like what happens here happens there. In Kalos, almost all I could do was watch TV in the hospital. I swear, Hoenn was on the news for some type of wild thing every day."
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 9:53:27 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"I'm almost starting to second guess our choice of planting here," he can't help but comment because he didn't even think of the whole dead land thing. Though Nylon did mention it would be hard it shouldn't be impossible here. What if this seed was cursed hence why it was free from the festival guy. It would be his luck. [break][break]

At the serious question though he does ponder on it for a good bit, all to mostly realize he wasn't too sure. "I... don't know? Maybe? I think I've mentioned the whole sheltered upbringing right? So most stuff I knew of was definitely through a lenses. Though I know a lot of trouble happened in Kanto because of Rocket. But who knows each region has its own sets of legends, or maybe when Rocket attacked Hoenn a few years ago it caused a domino effect that's still falling," he give his honest thoughts of course blaming rocket because of many things. [break][break]

Though he recalls the time back in October as his vision of the past came to him. He'd call if a hoax if he didn't get a pokemon from it, but ponders about the first vision of the giant Regirock and wonders if that was the catalyst. Razz gives thanks for the blanket as things were getting colder, slightly annoyed yet semi grateful to the Litten who did give them a fire for warmth in the cold cave.

[break][break]

+ [break]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 16:36:16 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"See, that's always one thing was strange to me." Glancing into the fire, Chu-e chewed on his lower lip as he contemplated how to put what he was feeling into words. "So.... Kanto happened. And that seems real high stakes. So why didn't the Legends intervene then? It seemed like... a better time to do so, than just waiting till a new Region. Something about all of it... doesn't make much sense."

But, then again, Chu-e wasn't one of the old Gods and had no idea what they were thinking or why. It just seemed like that if they were going to step in, that doing it while the conflict was still at it's head somewhere else would have been a better choice. Unless they hadn't thought Rocket could do it to start with? Curious...

"Why do you think they even choose people? What is it they're even looking for?" Questions that couldn't know the answers to but he asked anyway, just to get them in the air.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 20:42:10 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz couldn't help but check his phone for the time as while they did just eat dinner it honestly felt like it was way to late, or maybe he was just tired, to be discussing this kind of thing. Ah well whatever to get off another topic that has been plaguing his dreams. He thinks it over for a bit silent for the most part outside a hum of thought at first. [break][break]

His thoughts linger back to the fever dream from october and recalling Team Rocket's involvement, and what looked to be a corrupted Ho-oh. "Maybe because it was a war between humans and everyday pokemon back then? I heard a few years ago how legends got caught in the cross fire of things and so maybe things have become more personal for them? Or like..." how does he put this, "Some legends have been known to help humans and now that they've realized oh yeah these people are god damn idiots they need the help," he shrugs at this though as obviously he can't read the mind of the avatars and their pokemon. [break][break]

Honestly it was a weird thought on the whole avatar thing.

[break][break]

+ [break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 3:04:04 GMT
shiv Avatar

CONGRATULATIONS!

REAP YOUR HARVEST!

YOUR HARVEST COMES EARLY. returning to this cold cave gifts you with more than just goosebumps. where the seeds were planted are iceroot carrots: chilled root vegetables with a cool blue flesh.

it comes as a surprise that these seeds have actually grown into something. despite their hardy nature, is such a place like this appropriate for the growing of produce? nevertheless, hoenn's land is fertile. perhaps, it is due to the tapu bulu's reawakening— or something else, like an aged bioenergy attempting to course through once dormant veins.

as you pluck the carrots, you can't help but feel like you're being watched.

to move on to the next step, you must create one more thread in SHOAL CAVE. you can participate with another character, should you so desire. once you (and your partner, if you have one) have posted, please post in MODERATION REQUESTS. afterward, will post what you must do.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ice your pants
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 3:04:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: