2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 6:13:30 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The wisps of the fire cracked as the night wore on. He was full from sushi and at some point most of the Skitty had moved to lay on or around him, leeching in as much body heat as they provided themselves. Even in an icy cave it was comfortable enough, making Chu-e want to use his eyes and go to sleep.

So he did. And Chu-e had no idea how long he slept. While it was not deep, his sleep never was, it was the prickling feeling of being watched that finally made him crack his eyes back open. He sighed and rubbed them, glancing over at the carrots to see....

"Razz!" Sitting up, and displacing a Skitty, Chu-e leaned over to gently jostle before he grabbed one of the weird carrots and pulled it up- fully grown and ready to harvest. It looked like Razz's carrots were done, too. It didn't look that appetizing, all blue and weird, but he did feel a bit proud to have coaxed it to grow at all.

That only left....

"Now what?" They were just carrots.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 7:39:54 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

The night was like man other nights before this: sleepless. His mind still haunted over the announcement of early this month, and even more so with the next to him. Even though he’s seen the scars left over from Rocket having experimented or whatever on the other he doesn’t know for sure if he’s trustworthy. The young man has too much paranoia and while his pokemon allowed him some comfort to the point he is sure he blackout a few times rather than slept it wasn’t enough. Eventually the sun was up and Chu-e was yelling out his name. [break][break]

”hmmm?” Razz seemed confused with how tired he seemed to be by the announcement. He rubbed his one good eye for a minute as if he was seeing things with the odd blue carrot, Razz attempts to move which seems to bother both his Zeraora and Meowstic but he ignored their grumbles as he goes sober to the carrot Nylon planted and pulled it out himself. As he did so Whis’ ears seemed to perk up as the cat looked around as if sensing something their human instincts couldn’t pick up. [break][break]

”Well it definitely dosn’t feel like something you could simple eat,” he does put his hand to it and it feels almost as hard as the ice walls while being just as cold, ”Maybe it’s meant to lure certain ice pokemon?” he offers as he looks to the other to see what he thought.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 7:01:45 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

UPON RETURNING TO SHOAL CAVE, the same unnerving feeling of being watched returns. in this frigid underground, your hard footsteps clack against ice and echo across valleys of frozen blue. however, you two instinctively hush yourselves. two horse-like pokemon neigh in the distance. masks of ice surround pupilless eyes. from their hooves, intense cold air wafts.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

however, the horses seem to notice you two. they advance close. the clopping of hooves echo too, orchestrating an endless percussion of icy beats. suddenly, the earth freezes even more so. an additional layer of ice grows outward and higher with immense speed. before you can blink, an icy ramp forms right before you— and the horses slide across the ice in a flash to greet you from their elevated stations.

GLASTRIER ASKS FOR:

OFFER THE WILD HORSE WHAT THEY SEEK

write a post that has your trainer offering the carrot to the glastrier and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the carrot, the horse will promptly flash away.

should your trainer come the next day, they will find the glastrier in shoal cave once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the glastrier wants (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the glastrier.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 7:10:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It seemed that 's question was answered for them. With the trotting of hooves and forming of ice, soon two very strange looking horses were in their faces- and seemed to be after their carrots.

Well.

They looked kind of gross anyway....

Lifting up the weird carrot for the horse to inspect, he is both unsurprised and pleased when the weird pokemon sniffs it and takes it from his hand. It's almost delicate. Chu-e doesn't try to touch or pet it otherwise, allowing the horse to back away with it's new prize. With a toss of it's head it turns and darts off, quick, and is gone as if it had never been there before.

Only when it seems that Razz had done much the same, Chu-e turns to the other and speaks.

"Well. That was weird. See you tomorrow?" Chu-e certainly knew he would be back. He wondered if Razz would be too.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 19:28:22 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Seeing the way his Zeraora’s ears twitched already had the ranger more on edge than the already feeling like something was watching them. That may have been from the paranoia of not really sleeping that night. Though it seems like his paranoia is justified for once as an echoing cry was heard through the caves. Training has him taking up a defensive position has the air around them felt colder. Once noticed, Razz does put one hand in front of his pokemon as he rather not have this become a battle, especially of something that is such an unknown. [break][break]

Razz could feel the frost build up on his jacket as it unleashed a harmless blast of chill coming close before it created itself a platform to stand on. Not that the large horse needed it. Maybe egotistic? It was an interesting sight to see really. ”Umm... hi there...” he nervously greets at first unsure of what to do before Salem taps his arm to get his attention to the cold carrot in his hand and Razz then lifts it up to offer it. For a moment Razz pondered about if it would left him do more than just offer it the carrot, but it seems in a flash it was gone. “Interesting” he can’t help but comment before Chu-e’s voice gets his attention. ”Yeah... tomorrow”[break][break]

With that Razz does com back the next day out of curiosity, with his mind more focused on the horse rather than problems going on he does return a bit more rested. Curious about seeing the horse once more. Something tells him he’s really gonna be sick of the cold this week.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 8:15:33 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT DAY, you see the horses again. they stroke the ice solid ground with their hooves, seemingly hungry.

♥ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

when they see you again, they seem hesitant. without the iceroot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, they approach still, sensing your benevolent motives.

GLASTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that has your trainer offering any two week berry to the glastrier and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the berry, the horse will promptly flash away.

you do not need to have the berry grow in your garden. you can simply purchase it from the SITE SHOP.

should your trainer come the next day, they will find the glastrier in shoal cave once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the glastrier wants (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the glastrier.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 8:55:23 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
One more day, one more time to see the weird horses. Chu-e had come back hoping to see the weird pokemon again... and he was rewarded for it. They seemed more timid since those carrots were gone but still approached. Good. Maybe someday he could channel his inner Horse Girl to get one of them to eat a sugar cube from his palm. Someday.

Today, he didn't really have much. But he was picking up the supplies that he had left behind, figuring they would be okay, and had a few spare berries. Figuring 'why not?', he offered the berry to the horse pokemon. It ate it! Which was great, but it still seemed too timid to pet or try to touch. It was gone in a blink after it took his treat.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 9:53:50 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Seems like coming back the next day for a chance of seeing the mysterious pokemon was a good thing. After having seen in the first time he has asked a few more experianced Rangers about taming horse pokemon and things like that. A few seeming surprised as he wasn't really the type to ask them for help. Especially when one famous horse was a fire pokemon so asking about it seemed weird to them. Honestly for a moment it made him regret asking. [break][break]

In the end one recommended berries, so it seems like Nylon was saving his butt once more. First having helped with the carrot and now giving him the Tamato Berry. Honestly he wasn't sure it was going to work, but as he spilt up with Choi after seeing him there as well he ended up with the horse once more. This time seeming a tad less trusting, his guess was because the carrot, but he did what he could to not seeming intimidating. In the end he offered up his hand with the berry in it and once more a chill went down his spine as everything felt colder with it just approaching. [break][break]

Too bad he didn't have his boss' tolerance to cold as the beast took the berry from his hand. Razz tried to look through the ice mask to see if they enjoyed it. Though in a flash of ice cold air they vanished once again. His shoulder's slumped in some dissapointment but this was twice now. Surely it'll come again tomorrow?

[break][break]
+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 9:26:53 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT DAY, you see the horses again. they stroke the ice solid ground with their hooves. the ice on their bodies seems to have grown thicker. more severe like unruly hair.

♥ ♥ ♡ ♡ ♡

when they see you again, they seem hesitant. without the iceroot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, they approach still, sensing your benevolent motives.

GLASTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that has your trainer's pokemon using the move, CHIP AWAY, to help groom (or sculpt) the glastrier's icy protrusions and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the berry, the horse will promptly flash away.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 23:19:28 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Another day has gone by and the Ranger finds himself once again coming back to see the mysterious horses that have come after the carrots him and had planted. He used last night to see if anything popped up about any sort of ice horse. He found one Galarian legend about it but it’s details were vague as best. Nor did it seem to match the timidness of the ones before them seemed to have. When Razz tried to approach this time it was hesitant and the Ranger was quick to stop. Having done his job long enough to recognize an unsure pokemon and he would rather get closer than not. [break][break]

”They look thicker,” he softly comments about the ice before whatever this pokemon was, he was going to find a name for it tonight god damn it, decided it was okay to come close. He gives it a soft smile at it’s decision, ”looks like you could use some aide?” he questions a bit though a huff seems to be his only answer. Razz takes out a pokeball which seems to make them go on edge. ”It’s not for you, but I can help.. if you let me,” he offers as he doesn’t bring out his pokemon just yet. It isn’t until the proud horse seems to give a cold huff of air of acceptance where he brings out his Heracross. [break][break]

The fighting bug looks excited, pondering if the ice horse will be his opponent for the day, but the ranger is quick to put them down as they want help rather than a fight. Booooo, and for a bit it doesn’t look like they want to help as it crosses it’s arms in a pout. Though as it pouts he does wonder if they help now and later joins them.... they could be a sparing partner later. ”Slate?” Razz calls his pokemon again to get them out of their own head. With the thought of a later battle in mind Slate finally agrees helping out the horse with CHIP AWAY to help with the extra ice building up. [break][break]

Though Slate is very dissapointed that after helping the ice pokemon that it desires to flash away! How dare! Especially after it helped them, Razz just chuckles at the reaction, ”Maybe next time.” With that he returns the beetle to his pokeball before leaving to try a bit more research and hopefully get a name this time around.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 23:41:42 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
It was... another day! But Chu-e found he was starting to enjoy these little daily visits out to Shoal cave. Having something to do besides bully the grunts into doing his bidding or read reports was nice. It also gave him a reason to stretch his legs. Finding the time and motivation to attempt and stay a little fit had been getting harder and harder.

Today, it seemed the horses had gotten... thicker. Overgrown? Well, regardless, it looked like had the right idea to try and help them with the ice. It couldn't have been very comfortable for the pokemon. A pokeball was plucked from his hip, a shiny Nidoking appearing from the ball. The Nidoking looked ready for a tussle, but Chu-e shook his head and pointed to the weird horse.

Unlike Razz, he was less interested in what it was. Just that it looked cool (hah).

"Do what Heracross did and Chip Away, okay? But be careful!" The Nidoking huffed and but stomped over the skiddish horse. The attack was over quickly, a thick chunk of the ice being removed with the force. While it wasn't perfect, looking kind of like a bad haircut, it must have done the job. As, like before, the horse was gone in a flash.

"These two are are fun." He spoke aloud, briefly, to Razz as he called back his Nidoking.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 8:30:32 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT DAY, you see the horses— but they seem different in appearance from afar. getting close, you see that they've become quite dirty. perhaps, it's all that flashing back and forth in the cave that has caused their beautiful equine forms to be marred by mud.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡

when they see you again, they seem hesitant. without the iceroot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, they approach still, sensing your benevolent motives. they must be cleaned. perhaps, there is a pokemon that is an expert at tidying things (and pokemon) up...

GLASTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that uses ONE MINCCINO and a Pokemon using the move, SOAK, to help clean the dirty glastrier. of course, the water may freeze, so work fast! after, post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been cleaned, the horse will promptly flash away.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 23:50:28 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"So a did a bit more research on this thing, trying to find what I could about some ice legends and such. I think I found the name of it, Glastrier apparently not much else it's known though," Razz ends up greeting Chu-e with information that he has been looking up for hours. He never really classified himself as a 'nerd' per say as that was more his father's thing. Though it might be something he picked up from the man as much as he still resented the bastard. Though he found this whole thing as a good enough distraction that he was semi become used to the idea of meeting up with the ex-rocket Beast on a semi daily routine now. Not that they spent very long together so who knows what that was doing to his mental state. [break][break]

As they went deeper into the cave to encounter the horses once more all to seen them dirty, part of him wondered if it was because they were moving around more than normal because of them. "Think you have something to soak up them with?" Razz questions as he brings out his Minccino from it's pokeball. For a minute he has them sit back to see if the horses would even let them help. Though after they seem to approve Razz ask the chinchilla for help in cleaning up the fur that isn't under the ice. [break][break]

While the horses are large, the Minccino is quick to make work. Especially after it's fail first attempt seeing the water turn to ice on the fur. Though it was amusing to see the small rat trying to scold said horses for doing so while trying to help. Because RUDE! After the cleaning of both horses finishes and they flash away again the Minccino seems to start cursing up a storm because they just cleaned them damn it!

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 0:21:00 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Oh? That's cool. I wonder why they're here all of the sudden. Maybe it was the carrots? Tapu Bulu? Eh, weird shit always happens in Hoenn anyway. No use in thinking too hard about it." He shrugged it off and watched 's pokemon start to clean off the two fussy horses. At the request, and seeing how the Mincinno was struggling, Chu-e took out a pokeball and called out a Marill.

The mouse pokemon clapped his paws and bounced around a bit, doing a silly little dance. This one was pretty young and Chu-e didn't use him very much other than to keep company around his house. It was a good thing he brought the pokemon with him today.

"Alright, you heard him! Use Soak!" The marill nodded at the order and sprayed the two horse pokemon with a big gush of water, doing as the move implied and soaking them. At least the Mincinno would have an easier time of it, now! Sadly, when the normal type was done the horses once again vanished. "Hmm... maybe they'll stick around someday."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
I will ca-root for you
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 8:50:49 GMT
shiv Avatar

SHOAL CAVE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT DAY, you see the horses. they do not seem hesitant at all this time. instead, they appear to be waiting for you two closer to the entrance this time, as if they were in tune with your rhythms. your schedule. in each of their mouths, a narrow strap of ice dangles and emanates chilly air.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡

should you take these reins, they are immensely cold to the touch. one wonders if frostbite would crawl up their palms— for the chill is painful against human skin. even worse, it penetrates past any fabric. they beckon you to mount their backs, pristine and well-groomed thanks to both of your efforts. with a snort, they bring you two to a different shoal chamber. here, a vast field filled with fences of ice, bridges and more appears before you: an equine agility course.

they raise their front legs and neigh. cold air rushes from their hooves. they dash into the course, and you must hang on for dear life, even if the icy reins cut into your trembling hands.

TAME THE HORSE

REIN THEM IN!

WITH EVERY POST, make a ROLL. collectively, you two must hit or surpass a total of 125 to successfully hang on to the glastriers; furthermore, the horses are examining your ability to ride them!

will post the conclusion to this encounter after you have posted in MODERATION REQUESTS.