she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 4:54:42 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

PLOT THREAD
LEAGUE-EXCLUSIVE EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/821162156309479454/THE_LEAGUE.mp3[/player][break][break]

SUMMONS TO EVER GRANDE

IN THE COMING DAYS letters are delivered privately to several individuals. Some are given these letters in person in official capacities. Others may simply receive them in the mail, sealed tight with confidentiality marked in black ink, thanks to hardworking deliverymen such as .[break][break][break]

Those embedded within the League's official apparatus—like Head Scientists and —receive no such document. Instead, they are invited personally by the Commissioner's secretaries; on their online agendas, the meeting colors in a day's afternoon: the League's bright yellow color shines brightly requesting a RSVP. The day prioritizes that meeting. Schedules are expected to be cleared for it. The conference room is cleaned. Carpets are vacuumed. Catering is ordered— and includes vegan options.[break][break][break]

DEAR XX,

YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND THE AQUA INITIATIVE SYMPOSIUM AT THE HOENN LEAGUE IN EVER GRANDE CITY ON MARCH 15TH, 2021 AT 11:00AM.[break][break]

The League has identified you as an AVATAR, an individual who has been recognized by a significant Pokemon who possesses (1) bestowed powers from said Pokemon and (2) possesses or can summon said Pokemon. The AQUA Initiative is designed to act as a support and training program for AVATARS. This program will facilitate the development of new skills, while offering resources and community support among those who share this particular blessing.[break][break]

More information about this initiative will be given at the symposium alongside an opportunity to gain membership for this exclusive circle.[break][break]

Sincerely,[break]
[break][break][break][break][break]
Dahlia Goode[break]
Commissioner of the Hoenn League[break][break]

WARNING: Failure to obey this Summons is an offence punishable by a fine or imprisonment, or both.

RECIPIENTS OF THIS LETTER:

ARRIVAL AT THE HOENN LEAGUE

UPON ARRIVAL, a League Official immediately guides you to the elevators. Using an ID CARD to gain access to the special lift, you and your guide ascend to the 18TH FLOOR, dubbed the DRAGON FLOOR.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

You are all led to a vast conference room. This sleek space features wide window walls that face the rest of Ever Grande City and the surrounding ocean. In the center, a large circular conference table features a generous charcuterie. A well-furbished bar featuring bottomless drinks can be accessed to the side. When you arrive, the guide tells you that Commissioner will come shortly.[break][break][break]

For now, you must wait until everyone else arrives.

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS EXCLUSIVE EVENT INTRODUCES THE "AQUA INTIATIVE," a program and task force that bands together the avatars of Hoenn. This thread will present your characters with a choice of joining the AQUA Initiative or not. Acceptance and declination will spell different possible plot points for your characters, so have fun with it![break][break][break]

The meeting will not begin until arrives. Feel free to make a post with your character entering and seeing who else has been invited (unless they are the first ones here).[break][break][break]

There will be rewards for participating. If you would like your character to be present, but you do not feel as if you can post, please make a quick post saying that your character is present and whether or not they will sign the contract to join the Aqua Initiative.[break][break]

There are no deadlines to post yet; however, will publish moderator posts when appropriate.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 5:21:45 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she had received the letter from an outwardly friendly dragonite, the creature bearing the insignia of the league's official postal service. the woman had accepted the delivery without complaint, bidding the beast a polite farewell prior to reentering the comfy confines of her isolated cabin.

'i expected this. even after i quit.'

cait had pointedly ignored the letter until had taken note of it, the woman requesting that he open it on her behalf. she feared she'd damage it otherwise, her hands and the entirety of her form trembling ever so slightly with a bewildering combination of outrage and trepidation. 

"
i'll go. it's not like i have much of a choice."

her voice was terribly soft and barely heard as she leaned against him.

- - - 

cait had dressed in formal business attire for the pre-arranged meeting, bringing out the wardrobe she had frequently worn whenever she had briefed  on mauville's progress a year or two prior. when her identity was verified and she was allowed entry, the civilian found that a rather spacious conference room awaited both her and her fellow avatars. 

her expression betrayed little as she was temporarily left to her own devices, the avatar offering the drink selection a curious once over. she requested a single glass of water, appearing slightly relieved as she took tentative sips of the thoroughly chilled liquid. cait quietly claimed one of the seats at the bar, nursing her drink and keeping her gaze averted as she did so. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 5:30:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Regret.

Resentment.

Rage.

An earnest R is branded onto the heart of what used to be the League’s biggest proponent. Make no mistake, this was never done under the ideals held by the organization but upholding their structure brings order. Fernando’s gains, as selfish as they are, are founded on such order. A king is nothing without his kingdom.

A castle of glass must be rebuilt and reforged.

And until this day, until the magnum opus of a new era, he believed he could chisel such a land under the official banner of the rule of law. There are exceptions, sure, himself included, but the crux has always been to hold society stable.

What he foresees is not a world that will prosper into his endgame.

What he sees is an Clamperl pried open, against its will, exposed to the point that he must steal from it before someone else does in his stead.

And so Fernando sits, undisturbed, punctual well beyond their appointed meeting time, eyes closed until the fated time ushers in the first of discussions.

AQUA INITIATIVE

tldr:

- has been in the conference room as one of the early arrivals.
- sitting in his seat, eyes closed.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 6:15:51 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He fell in line easily enough. It was a simple decision that he would attend this meeting.

He knew it would only be a matter of time before the higher-ups called out for him. He couldn't say it was a moment he'd been waiting for, only that it was something he patiently anticipated.

Of course when he made the empty gamble with himself that one day the League itself would ask for him to meet with other V.I.P.s he bet it would have been in concern of the Rangers and Hoenn's environment.

This AQUA initiative had nothing to do with him.

Still, he needed to be kept in the loop externally for the sake of the rangers and internally for the sake of home.

Any informational edge he could gain to benefit Kanto, he would take.

Beyond either of those things Cait had been asked to come and rudely enough it was with the implication of imprisonment for refusal. That wasn't something he could live down. He'd offered to come in her place but Cait was an accomplished hero and champion of the League. If not their official titled Champion, she was certified nonetheless and arrived before anyone to see this through.

She arrived with him at her side.

It wasn't his way to crowd her space in this unfamiliar setting. In any other circumstances where she was vetted and he was neophyte he would have given her space to conduct herself accordingly.

Yet, only he was aware of sensitive her consideration was to troubling news. His concern for her outweighed his concern for others' perception of her. If she had one of her migraines he wanted to be there for her.

He took a seat next to her ready to hear what this was all about.

● tags: @aquai,
● notes:

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 6:18:40 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim had sat himself at the bar before the meeting had begun, the man having made unreasonable demands to a bartender that had no intention of following them. But, considering the fact that they had been stuck with the blabbering of Kim, pure grit displayed- or annoyance more like- in order to get what he wanted, the bartender was forced to comply to the councilman’s wishes.

And what exactly was it that he had wished for? It was a simple strawberry daiquiri, the only reason it had been denied being a lack of ingredients, a problem Kim was quick to solve with a quick teleport to and from a nearby corner store.

Finally content with having his way, Kim turned to see the two familiar faces that had made their way into the conference room, the first which had been there as long as he had and the second- 10 times more pleasant than the first- taking a seat nearby.

Hey Kay, was poppin’ my girl?

Kim says as he turns to her, bare chest exposed through the tropical blazer that hung open.

Water? Sure you don’t want a daiquiri?

He asks as the bartender places his in front of him, Kim promptly taking a sip from the chilled beverage.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 6:51:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her small paw moved to settle over sénon's much larger one, the woman appreciative of his presence. it served as a soothing balm which greatly calmed her frayed nerves, the woman silent beneath the warmth of his gaze. a childish urge to return home came upon her as she looked at him for a moment, but she effectively smothered such a desire - remembering herself. 

"..."

cait executed one of her breathing exercises, having taken up the practice following the infrequent migraines that had struck in recent memory. she inhaled - held it - and released it.

'relax. relax. think of the forest and the spirits housed within.'  

"
...?"

she had been taken off-guard by kim's presence, brought out of her subtle exercise as he radiated with vibrant energy and bright colors. a startled laugh escaped her at the mere sight of him, the woman's mood abruptly uplifted as her form briefly shook with amusement. 

"
you know i can't drink, kim. i take a few sips and end up a mess immediately after."

cait refrained from mentioning how she was, the emotions she felt at present a complicated swirl that threatened to knock her asunder. 

"
oh, um -

she shot a glance at sénon, her gaze soon flitting between the men as she managed a broad smile.

"
kim, this is sénon - he's my fiancé. sénon, this is councilman kim - he's a very good friend of mine."

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 8:54:59 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]it wasn't hard to reach out to zenji considering he was now located in ever grande city mainly. when he received the invitation he wanted to deny it. when learning that it was personally made by the commissioner herself? he became more interested, especially after reading what the meeting entailed.

zenji decided to attend. one reason was due to the fascination of what the outcome would be. were people okay with becoming lapdogs and what would happen should one refuse? was this plan made by , the commissioner, herself? or maybe it was , it seemed like an idea he would suggest. either way, it took a lot to get the reserved scientist excited; a very rare occasion.

there was no way he could say no.

upon entering the venue. zenji's right ear had a cigarette stick atop of it. placing his lab coat on a coatrack, he would head over to where resided. a quick pat on the shoulder would signify a greeting. he'd take a seat beside the individual, asking, "everything alright, councilman silph?"

note: hi.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 9:03:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah.

Fernando doesn’t open his eyes. He can hear the shuffle well enough behind the darkness of his eyelids. If anything, keeping them closed long enough gives him the illusion of heightened senses. It makes him want to guess who’s touching him well before Zenji really says anything.

Considering he hears Kim, as if he could ever not hear Kim, his only other solid guess is a very lonely or an uncharacteristically forward . Given how recent Zenji falls into the League infrastructure the guess eludes him until he recognizes his voice.

Jabami.

Tolerable. Out of those that will be present, and even those not, Zenji has done little to irk Fernando during his tenure. He’ll allow it.

It’s been a while.” The cordial friendliness in his tone dies with a sharp flat when he actually answers his question. “I’m doing just pecha.

tldr:

- sarcastically replies that he's just peachy.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 9:32:25 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]i'm doing just pecha.

zenji had no idea what seemed to be irking the councilman. to say such a statement for a man with his reputation could only mean something about this did not entail a pleasant outcome. he was a tad bit worried about this meeting. how chaotic would it get should people disapprove of being used as lapdogs for the league?

zenji was still an outsider so he had little opinion over the matter or care. if granted he was ready to give his input if necessary. for now zenji just had to wait for the meeting to get started. simultaneously, while doing so, he'd converse with the councilman himself. "is that so?" he questioned, "that doesn't sound like a man who's vert pecha." pulling out a carton of black cigarettes, zenji would offer one, "wanna bum a cigarette off of me to get you through this?"

zenji shook the box.

"they're djarum bl∆ck, best brand out there." zenji would try to tempt the councilman. whether he took it or not mattered little to him, "got any theories on how this meeting will turnout?"

note: hi, .

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 9:43:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It’s the sweet sound of paper tubes against a paper box that finally coerce Fernando to open his eyes. He blinks, lucidly almost, as if he’s in disbelief that someone could read him so well. Not the Pecha shit—that much was obvious—but the offer for one last moment of solace as the clock ticks down on the other’s arrivals.

Jabami, I don’t say this often. When making impactful decisions, I weigh upon them heavily, and even when they’re the right call I still doubt my decision making well after I commit to them.

Despite his wealth, Fernando’s taste is dogshit at best. Whatever quality Zenji’s particular choice has gets lost upon the Silph, plagued with the inability to distinguish the finer details on what makes an experience truly an experience. Still, he accepts the carton with half a smile, plucking one between his index finger and thumb.

The gap ’s legacy leaves behind had always worried me to no end. Beyond his brilliance, Lucas never really received any sympathy for his contributions outside of academia and science. At least from what I’ve seen and know, as limited as that may be. But I have faith in you and your Institution.

All he needs is a light. Fernando lets it dangle between his fingers, untouched, waiting.

Regardless of what happens, the League should be grateful they have you.

tldr:

- confides in zenji: was always worried no one appreciated .
- has faith that zenji and the evo institute.
- waiting for zenji to light the cig.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,079 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 13:46:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the invitation comes unexpectedly. a surprise, one that leaves her puzzled. no longer a head scientist, no longer an avatar. essentially a ghost of what once was yet still included.

she arrives if only to satisfy her own curiosity.

the room is already filling with people. she recognizes faces, small smiles being offered.

a vacant chair becomes her new home at the table. a little off to the side, as if she can hide in a room with the best in the region. impossible, really, but she'll try. her attention drifts to for a moment, head dipping in acknowledgement. a smile is offered to his companion, , and then her eyes leave in favor of watching the door.

AQUA

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 14:10:31 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Does he imagine the tension as he enters the League's cheerfully lit conference room, all wide windows and colorful catering? Is it his own trepidation that blankets the scene, or is this venture as cursed as had assumed from the start?

He spots his fellow councilmen immediately, deep brown eyes finding in the company of and one of Orion's fellow Rangers, . Silph converses with a man Orion knows in official capacity only (), and Orion's anxieties decide against interrupting.

He takes a seat nearby but alone, instead, and runs through a mental list of those he's known to have been invited. Would any of them fail to show?
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 16:56:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle wears the most casual attire in the room in protest: a plain shirt with a single poochyena print in the middle, cargo shorts, and sneakers. he holds a game console on his hand as he makes his way to the seat nearest the door.

he finds no reason for him to be included in the roster, clearly remembering that he had not only openly denied tapu koko's offer to be an avatar, but also made it clear to some people that he wouldn't want to be an avatar of something unless he has no choice.

to be bundled with avatars just did not make sense in his perspective.

he boots up a game and reclines all the way back on his seat, playing the game without any regard to the surroundings. any annoyance of his free time being taken away from him is hidden underneath a more chill demeanor.

maybe once dahlia appears then he'd clear this up with her.

@tags
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 17:19:18 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
We’ll make it a virgin then.

It’s a matter of fact statement, but one he does not intend to act upon without her blessing.

Instead he bites his tongue, allowing her to speak further on and introduce her friend, Kim’s face lighting up splendidly at her words.

Ooooooo, my little Kay is growing up so fast. Eeeeurg, you’re giving my beautiflies.

Kim struggled to maintain his composure, the councilman taking a sip and settling himself down before coming to a stand and outreaching his hand to the man.

I’m sure you already know of me but it’d be rude not to introduce myself formally. Kim Cole-Essam of league infamy.

The surname had come natural to him, but considering he had only been Cole upon their previous meeting, Kim looks to Cait apologetically.

I’m sorry for not inviting you to the wedding Kay, but we straight up did not have one. We went to a courthouse and had it legally done. Najwa isn’t exactly a people person and I didn’t want her to be uncomfortable during such a stressful time.

It was in the midst of invasion bubblings afterall. That with the added effect of Kim being as busy as he was, it was impossible to hold a proper arrangement during the time of chaos.

Hopefully the two of you don’t decide to have your wedding during times as hectic as this.” He smiles warmly, begetting thoughts of the invasions unending.

|
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,734 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 17:24:16 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva had barely settled into her lab when the meeting popped up on her calendar. For anyone else, it may have been an inconvenience. But Dr. Morales was thrilled to be invited. Although the last minute invitation took some schedule shuffling, she was able to make it work.

Since witnessing ’s rise to avatarship at the Festival, Eva had been hounded with curiosity. Diving into the literature was her first act of inquiry. To meet all the avatars in person? That was something she couldn’t miss.

The doctor was still skeptical, at best. She’d witnessed first hand the destruction and the beauty that these unique power could bring. Is so much power healthy for an individual? Not just physically, but mentally? This was her biggest concern. A close second was her lack of understanding. Legendaries just didn’t dish out powers for fun. They were still pokemon, perhaps more mentally advanced than ‘normal’ pokemon, but pokemon nonetheless which meant there was an instinctive aspect to it. To her, this implied they all had an underlying intention for bestowing these powers onto mere humans. What was the motivation? What did they want? Were the avatars not sharing their respective god's intentions?

These were questions she wanted answers to.

Emerald eyes scanned the crowd quickly. The doctor stood out in her ceil blue scrubs, her blonde hair a mess on her head. As always, a bright smile lit up her face. The newest addition to The League hierarchy was here to learn, and she was ready for it.

tl;dr: Eva is here to learn. Let’s do this. Feel free to interact with her as needed!