awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 17:23:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The curlicues of smoke and the scent of vanilla helped calm him down.

He’d never felt so fucking stressed in his twenty-nine years of existence and Arceus, this entire thing was fraying his own nerves down to a thin, fine point. Even if he wanted to snap aggressively at the current goings-on (as that was what his general aura really screeched to the room at the moment) he kept mostly to himself.

He didn’t miss overhearing the catfight that broke out, and looked up in time to notice something anomalous happen when Cait had deliberately chosen to dump the glass of whatever the other Councilman had ordered at the newly-promoted member of the Elite Four.

Well, then, that was a revelation, he thought to himself as he took another drag from the instrument he was holding in his right hand and holding the ‘smoke’ in for as long as he could. His left hand was holding the folder by the edges, but he wasn’t going to touch it until all those questions that were bothering him were fucking answered.

Bless for bringing up a point regarding what a Legendary was capable of. At best they were finicky, to an extent; and some of those that are known to exist may not even hold the same opinion as their human representative!

Thankfully, ’s follow-up question had paved the way for the one he was trying to construct in his head. While it was a fucking battleground at the time, the moment the recently-appointed avatar of the fourth Tapu had somehow, somewhat, caught his own attention.

Taking a break from his stress reliever, he released the vanilla-flavored smoke he was holding in, letting it disperse for a few moments before finally, finally getting the courage to speak up and add on to the questions.

“Is this going to be made known to the general public, this—this initiative,” he began at last. “If so, what would happen to—to those who are known to be ‘avatars’ who wish to keep their anonymity for personal reasons, like safety as what Mr. Benoit brought up earlier?”

Okay, now that that was done…

He resumed his position back in the corner and took another puff. It was the only thing keeping him from adding fuel to the fire that was already raging inside the room.

He didn’t want to put the family in danger. He didn’t want to alienate everyone else who worked alongside him.

There was one more question he wanted to ask, however he would leave that for whoever else would think of bringing it up.

watches catfight go down, still vaping in a corner to keep himself as deadpan calm as possible, asks some questions and goes back to vaping. He needs it (to vape) to control himself from snapping at everyone in the room, because calm can only get one so far in this.

@tag

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 18:20:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"why are you bombing me with questions like i'm fairburne?" he instinctively blurts out defensively.

"anyways, that's not what i'm going for." he points out the same line found both in the invitation as well as the contract to . "i'm going for this."

An AVATAR is an individual who has been recognized by a significant Pokemon who possesses (1) bestowed powers from said Pokemon and/or (2) possesses or can summon said Pokemon.

"by definition, specifically the first point, i shouldn't even be here." he huffs a sigh. "if you know what powers are bestowed by me by those three, let me know. i already tried breathing fire or something too, by the way."

kyle stays on the topic concerning the aqua initiative and quietly hopes that the inquiry about his relationship with the legendary beasts isn't pushed further.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 18:59:15 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

“And what about the second point, Kyle?”

Much like earlier, Katherine carries no desire to start a fight or an argument. And yet, Kyle repeats some of Cait’s mistakes. He should know better than to use her name as if she wasn’t in the room.

“Possesses or can summon said pokemon,” she repeats one of the points in the contract for clarity’s sake. “If you know those three personally, then… Is it fair to assume that you can call upon them, or are we supposed to believe that all three of them stumbled upon you during the war and decided to lend their aid because you’re the dog whisperer?”

Humming for a moment, Kat mulls over her thoughts before continuing.

“I am ready to sign, . If you’re willing to add another condition.”

Her lips curl, forming a devilish smirk that befits the devil’s personal witch.

“Avatars who sign the initiative are under contract and legal obligation to report any findings and knowledge about other avatars, whether they're old, new, or even in hiding.” Rising from her seat, Katherine collected a pen— prepared to sign the document any moment now.

“Hiding crucial information from the League is something we’ve seen other Avatars do before, after all. Should this happen again, then I suppose we’ll have this contract to fall back on.”

can suck it, and so can and any other Avatar who deems themselves to be above the law.

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"] @ AQUA INITIATIVE

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 19:10:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yes, all three of them stumbled upon me during the war and decided to lend their aid because i'm the dog whisperer," he responds to with a straight face.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 1:18:07 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"pfft."

's response captured zenji by surprise. he couldn't help but snicker at the comment. immediately he would cover up said snicker with a cough. "i need to lay off the cigarettes," he lowly said to himself. pretending as though his attention had been toward a personal thing rather than them.

note: things are getting too spicy for the pepper.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 4:42:52 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

" , I move to vote on the addition of 's amendment, as per the unanimous vote clause in the contract." Zac said, raising his hand again. As the two of them were the only signees so far, any new amendments had to go through them before being added to the contract.
    Zac expected that most of the amendments would be voted for later, after everyone else had signed, but this was one worth nipping in the bud. 
    "I vote 'No'."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 4:46:03 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Oh man… Holy shit… It’s almost like the thing that Kim said would happen when this whole initiative shit was brought up was playing out right before them… Who could have expected it…

If Kim were to be vocal about his correctness, he would voice them along with hand gestures, something like…

Yea that. Something like that.

He would do this in clear view of the commissioner, and direct it mainly towards her.

But he has to keep up appearances in the face of this “very serious” situation. So instead, he sits with his arms cross, side eyeing the commissioner with a placid expression.

He silently hopes that his “i told you so” aura would be intercepted by the woman without need for the Gothorita to relay the message telepathically.

@shitshow

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 5:33:48 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

's decision to potentially enlist in aqua only awarded celebi's servant yet another reason to refuse the offer. she gently squeezes 's hand as she leans over, directing a whisper into the woman's ear. 

"are you thinking about signing?"

a part of her feared stormy would be swayed by their offer. but there was a spark hope in the reality that only one person had signed five years of their life away so far.

'five years... gods. i'd have to be insane to throw away that much time.'

"
what's the point of revealing the identity of an avatar who doesn't want to be exposed? if they aren't an immediate threat - and they express no interest in affiliating themselves with aqua - why surrender their personal information to the league?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 6:06:25 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

Aside from a brief roll of her eyes, Katherine pays no mind to Zac’s words. If such a condition will not be included, then she will simply have to pass on signing the contract. It’s not a matter of discussion.

Instead, her attention naturally shifts to , intent on answering her question.

“We are either all expected to play by the rules or none of us should. How are we to know that a rogue avatar, one whose identity is being kept secret from the League, isn’t an immediate threat? A ticking time bomb?” Despite their previous argument, she’s more than willing to have a civil conversation with her predecessor.

“I am not sure if I can agree that the privacy of some unknown avatar matters more than the lives they may put in danger.”

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"] @ AQUA INITIATIVE

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 8:19:33 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"'rules?'"

cait quirked a brow, her gaze flitting between katherine and the documentation within her grasp.

"
do you mean these rules?"

she gestured vaguely toward the woman, a look of contemplation pinching at her features.

"
are you saying that we either all sign or none of us bother signing at all? because if the latter were to occur the league will have no real authority over me nor anyone else in this room. and my potential as a 'ticking time bomb' will no longer be any of their business."

the woman raised her hands in mock surrender.

"
but obviously i'm no real threat. i'm just a pretty little housewife-to-be, after all. it shouldn't really matter if i decide to fall in line."

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 14:32:19 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

That's all it took? Zac thought, as Kat turned away. It was that easy to get her out of Aqua? 
    The last thing Zac wanted was to have to deal with that terrible woman, let alone the sheer insult of having a petty thief as one of the faces of Aqua.
    It had been an easy victory, and one that also served to kick back the ridiculous idea that they should be cataloging information about other Avatars.
    This wasn't some government mandated tag and bag for Avatars, it was an opt in team for those that wanted to defend Hoenn. To unite those with power against actual threats. Not to hunt down and bother people that just wanted privacy.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 20:51:53 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]
@assembly
[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

Following Dahlia's entrance, the bodyguard proceeded to follow her to her seat and stood beside her, staying a bit behinjd so he has easier access in case something happen. Considering most of the individuals involved, Balder had expected some conflicts, heated discussions were bound to happen...[break][break]

But not to the level of this joke. Was he in a zoo now? Why is it that every time that had to open her mouth, she had to spew venom and cause anger all around the room? Why was so aggressive towards her? Was that lady hiding something? Hard to say at this point, the Alolan man didn't hold all the cards in his hands.[break][break]

Kyle then proceeded to indicate he shouldn't be here, as he isn't a confirmed avatar. But Thomas started to indicate the presence of the legendary dogs during the war and how they had been around Kyle. Balder sighed and decided to intervene before things got worse. He advanced to stand beside Dahlia, putting his hands on the table as he scanned the room.[break][break]

"It is true that Mr. Lopez' status as an Avatar can be considered Dubious at best, but the presence of the 3 legendary dogs dot not necessarily mark him as such. Keep in mind that, recently, people have seen a rise in rare and legendary creatures and more trainers have gotten a hold of them."[break][break]

Balder took a slight pause, breathed and resumed. "However, Mr. Lopez, this does not mean that you do not deserve a place at this assembly. While it is hard to identify you as an Avatar as clearly as myself, for example, the simple fact that you are the Champion of this region and possess firepower on par with any Avatars is enough to warrant your presence here and consider you an avatar for the time being. Of course, Miss Goode might have a different reason for inviting you and making you sign, but I believe that is the gist of it. And if it is proved that you're not an Avatar, then this contract would become void."[break][break]

The man turned to look at the Commissioner. "Which is something I suggest we add. If, for any reasons, an Avatar were to lose his powers and/or his bond with the deity who chose him, the League should protect them for a time and cancel this contract, not forcing them into any future situations."[break][break]

After waiting for Dahlia to speak or give any explication or a nod, the Alolan bodyguard would move his gaze to Katherine. "Ms. Fairburne, the rules you are saying are non-existent. While I understand the idea you are submitting, our duty remain protecting Hoenn, not be snitches. Meaning we protect its people, which includes Avatars. If we were to actively hunt them, tell on them to the league, this would lead to more anger towards the League as a whole and create more enemies then it has already."[break][break]

"Plus, assuming this information is stored somewhere, or even released publicly, this would expose anyone to even more dangers. Keeping in mind that Team Rocket has returned, or never disappeared even, and any other potential enemies, it would be exposing these individuals to greater risks then staying unknown. Some avatars may not even be capable of battling, so we might even cause deaths with this idea."[break][break]

He had some ideas to suggest too, to compensate for shutting down this idea, but the man proceeded to remain silent after making his point known. He took a step back and resumed his bodyguard duty, waiting for the next event to happen or to get a report of something suspicious through his bluetooth earpiece.

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/cULmcMU.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 4:56:04 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

PLOT THREAD
LEAGUE-EXCLUSIVE EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/821162156309479454/THE_LEAGUE.mp3[/player][break][break]

ANSWERS

THE COMMISSIONER IS APPROACHED BY THE CHAMPION. As others discuss, she answers him quickly, but with a warm pace. "oh kyle," Dahlia taps her fingertip against her lip with the rhythm of thought, "that may be what you think, but it seems to be the contrary. something has bestowed you with a gift, according to our examinations. you may not know it, kyle, but you are."[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

's addendum is swiftly shot down in a vote. Yet, her proposed addition is noted— if not something that has already been performed in secret.[break][break][break]

"i believe knowing who is an avatar is indeed, important. considering the gravitas that comes with avatarship, it is only a matter of time until that facet of identity is revealed. additionally, would you all not agree that most avatarships are granted in a very public manner?"[break][break][break]

Dahlia crosses her arms, her long sleeves wrinkling at the elbows. A loose finger reaches the trackpad of her laptop in this posture. Before she navigates her cursor on the screen, she warns everyone to look away should they be sensitive of death.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

A few taps pulls up an image. a young man, encased in ice, can be seen. With more scrutiny, it is clear he is dead. Notes written around the scanned photograph suggest he was in the middle of casting an Avatar ability— and that his corpse featured burn injuries.[break][break][break]

"senri harada, the previous avatar of articuno, was found dead, during the second invasion of rocket. his body was discovered near verdanturf." Dahlia's eyes linger on the frozen victim before casting sadly toward the tabletop. "this is why we are concerned. if you don't know how to control your powers, if you lack the resources to cope with this sudden shift, is it not likely that avatars who are not known, will face a similar fate as harada?"[break][break][break]

With a heavy breath, she taps her laptop once more. Her nude nail tolls like a bell as it clacks against the pad. On the screen, the image zooms onto Senri Harada's terrified visage. "perhaps, this was a moment of foul play. whether we like it or not, an avatar is vulnerable the moment they are chosen. the public is right. who knows if our enemies will attempt to seek them for themselves?"[break][break][break]

She pulls her finger away from the trackpad so that she can rest her head in her palm. However, she is quick to relinquish herself of the lax pose. Wielding her pen, she scribbles notes on a spare sheet of paper.[break][break][break]

"it does not matter whether the anointment comes publicly or not. a countdown begins when the blessing is bestowed." Her eyes look to her own file, "we can not ignore the fact that this aqua initiative provides protection. not just from others— but from themselves. and so," she says to Elite Four , "prevention is key. we help them come to us first— before anyone else can. personal information will not be disclosed aside from your names. of course, it would not be amiss to say that the public already knows who you all are."[break][break][break]

Unfolding her arms, the Commissioner taps her pen on the contract.
[break][break][break]

"it's time for decisions— and a vote for the 5-year duration. as you all deliberate, i want to ask you all one question: do you truly know what you are?"
[break][break][break]

AMENDED CONTRACT / WAITING FOR VOTES

THE AQUA INTIATIVE CONTRACT

I. INTRODUCTION

This is a contractual agreement between all signed parties, THE HOENN LEAGUE (THE LEAGUE for short) and the AVATAR. A contractual party is taken to mean that group or individual, any being(s) alive or otherwise that the contractual party has dominion over, hereafter referred to in aggregate in this contract as each signed party or as AVATAR, meaning those who have signed below.[break][break]

An AVATAR is an individual who has been recognized by a significant Pokemon who possesses (1) bestowed powers from said Pokemon and/or (2) possesses or can summon said Pokemon.[break][break]

The aggregate of signed parties hereafter referred to as The Avatar Quality and Universal Action (AQUA) Initiative. All AVATARS signing this document are bound to its terms, regardless of the name used to sign this contract.[break][break]

The AQUA Initiative is a program designed to help AVATARS transition into their new lives as empowered individuals, while facilitating the development of their skills for the good of Hoenn. The AQUA Initiative will offer protection and insurance to these AVATARS who sign this contract for their services.[break][break]

II. PURPOSE & DURATION OF AGREEMENT

AVATAR is not currently represented by THE LEAGUE, but acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to consult with THE LEAGUE of their choice and enters into this Agreement freely and voluntarily. THE LEAGUE and AVATAR each acknowledge that they are entering into this contract of their own accord and without duress, coercion, or pressure of any kind; that they have fully disclosed to each other all information pertaining to their respective capabilities likely to influence their judgement herein; that they have given due consideration to such provisions and questions, and understand them clearly; that the arrangement embodied in this contract is in all respects acceptable to them, being consistent with their respective capabilities; and that accordingly they assent to all the provisions hereof.[break][break]

THE LEAGUE agrees to enter into this contract in order to provide resources and support to AVATARS, in exchange for their services for the good of the Hoenn region.[break][break]

It is hereby agreed that, in exchange for the powers and abilities offered to AVATAR herein after, AVATAR shall perform certain services for THE LEAGUE. Said services are more particularly described as follows:[break][break]
    i. THE LEAGUE may time to time, demand the summoning of AVATARS to protect Hoenn and its constituents from regional threats (e.g. Ultra Beasts, domestic terrorists, natural disasters, aggressive Pokémon, etc.). AVATARS may provide their services if they deem the situation to be appropriate according to their own judgement and within the legal grounds without the summoning of THE LEAGUE.[break]
    ii. THE LEAGUE agrees that it shall not demand the performance of services and/or tasks more than once per week, with the issuance of a new service and/or task by THE LEAGUE does not release AVATAR from their obligation to complete any previous, as yet uncompleted, services and/or tasks.[break][break]

Below, the duration of the contract has been outlined:[break][break]
a. The contract is in power until[break]
    i. the death of the AVATAR[break]
    ii. breach of agreement[break]
    iii. or mutual termination of the agreement.[break][break]

In case of breach of agreement, the contract is in power until the remedies detailed in Section IV. have been carried out in full.

III. BENEFITS

All AVATARS who sign this contract will be provided with a salary of ###, ### pokédollars paid bi-weekly, alongside government benefits and insurance:[break][break]

i. health insurance[break]
     - can include spouses and dependents who are not AVATARS.[break]
    ii. life insurance[break]
    iii. Pokémon insurance[break]
    iv. property damage liability insurance[break]
     - all damages incurred by use of AVATAR powers and/or their Pokemon in a legal fashion or while working for THE LEAGUE will be paid for by THE LEAGUE.[break]
    v. government pension plan.[break]
    vi. access to League publicists and stylists.[break]

IV. PENALTIES IMPOSED FOR VIOLATIONS AND BREACHES OF THIS CONTRACT

Upon THE LEAGUE's determination that AVATAR has violated any of the terms and/or conditions of this contract then AVATAR shall be liable to punitive terms as described herein.[break][break]

Minor violations will incur a monetary fine that will be determined depending on the nature of the violation. However, if AVATAR commits a major violation of this contract, which includes actively working to subvert THE LEAGUE, collaborating with THE LEAGUE's enemies, seeking to be released from this contract except as expressly authorized herein, or otherwise subverting the purposes of this contract, then THE LEAGUE may exercise any or all of the following remedies:[break][break]

a. Immediate expulsion from the AQUA Initiative.[break]
    b. Revoke any granted benefits including pension.[break]
 c. Demand multiple services and/or tasks be completed, notwithstanding any other provision of this contract to the contrary.[break]
    d. Imprisonment.[break]
   e. Impose any other penalty THE LEAGUE deems fitting, so long as to do so would result in irony due to the nature of the AVATAR's violation.[break]

V. ADDENDUM

The following are changes to this document, that modify the terms for all signed parties, after such parties have signed. No addendum may be entered into this document before first being agreed upon by an unanimous vote of all signed parties. Any signed party may propose an addendum at any time, it will then be voted on at the earliest convenient time when all signed parties are present and in a sound and calm state of mind, as to cast a well considered vote.[break][break]

contracts will be renewed every five years (should this motion pass).

VI. NAMES & SIGNATURES OF SIGNED PARTIES & WITNESSES

I hereby certify that I have read, understood, and agreed to all of the terms and conditions provided herein above and I expressly agree to be bound by each and every one of them. I understand that this contract cannot be revoked by me after signing, except as may be expressly provided for herein. I expressly acknowledge that I am entering into this contract freely and voluntarily, without duress or coercion of any kind.[break][break]

/

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS EXCLUSIVE EVENT introduces the "AQUA INTIATIVE," a program and task force that bands together the avatars of Hoenn. This thread will present your characters with a choice of joining the AQUA Initiative or not. Acceptance and declination will spell different possible plot points for your characters, so have fun with it![break][break][break]

Before the next mod post, your characters must decide to sign the contract or not. Those who are "witnesses" (elite four, scientists, esteemed trainers and rangers, etc.) can also sign.[break][break][break]

There will be rewards for participating. If you would like your character to be present, but you do not feel as if you can post, please make a quick post saying that your character is present and whether they will sign the contract to join the Aqua Initiative.[break][break]

There are no deadlines to post yet; however, will publish moderator posts when appropriate. There is a high chance will try to post by tomorrow evening though!

OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN INVITED:[break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 5:26:27 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would remain silent as the meeting continued. He had to wonder if had reported to the League that Kyle possessed the Aura of an Avatar. And for that matter, did he expose the others who were in service to Yveltal at the time? Even when he confessed that he was acting in service to Yveltal to her, he did not name the other names. As foolish as it might've been, he was no rat, and he would do his best to protect the others.

Thomas, being no stranger to death, kept his eyes glued to the screen. Despite his experience, he felt his heart drop upon seeing the frozen corpse of Senri. Possibly the first Avatar, and one of the last people he worked with as a member of the International Police, before the infamous rescue mission. To see that he died, so close to his home at that, was heartbreaking. He had his own questions about how his former brother in arms died. Perhaps he could look into it himself, look into some of the specific injuries he suffered, if they kept data on that.

In any case, he was going to find a way to help the Avatars, and the League, in his own way.

"Of course. And I must confess, when the AQUA Initiative was in its infancy, came to us, as one of the companies to potentially back it up. And though I had my reservations, I'm fully prepared to assist the League however I can. Benoit Armaments is willing to provide any equipment, training, or otherwise, that could assist Avatars, and the League. Of course, in the process of doing so, we'd be collecting data on the Avatars we train, or otherwise assist.", he'd tell Dahlia.

"Said data would go towards optimizing our services towards individual Avatars, as well as broader studies on the relationship between Legendary and Avatar."

If there were no objections to the collection of data, Thomas would sign as a witness.

tags: @tag
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 6:00:41 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Having barely recovered from 's crushing hug, Orion watches with sympathy as several people jump on 's question. Secondhand anxiety keeps the councilman quiet.

Having witnessed Ramsay's signature, Orion waits until lays down the line.

"I understand the trepidation some of you might have, but I'd like to remind you all that the League wants the best for its citizens, its Avatars."

With that, he clicks his pen and signs neatly next to the others.