cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 6:12:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

'do you truly know what you are?'

the inquiry reverberated within the confines of her mind, briefly startling the green-haired woman into silence. had occasionally referred to her as a 'demi-goddess' due to the power which thrummed through her veins, her gifts altering her on a physical level.

'but i'm human,' she thought, stubbornly. 'we're all still human. right?'

she resisted the urge to nervously lick her lips as she mulled over this. cait reluctantly released 's hand, fearing she'd end up squeezing it too tightly. her gaze clung onto the image of the corpse that had once been articuno's chosen, the woman hoping he had taken his rightful place within arceus's kingdom. 

"
when i was learning how to utilize my gifts..." she began. "... celebi guided me to the point of competency. the gods are perfectly capable of instructing their chosen - as long as those who are selected take care to heed their advice."

"
how can anyone else be expected to teach me how to effectively and safely wield my unique set of powers? some avatars can take flight - or allow anything to phase through them. i wouldn't be able to advise nor . such knowledge is cultivated through their bond - not by outside sources, miss goode."

"
additionally, what protection can you offer? i've taken to living in moderate isolation. unless we are all forcibly moved to a more secure location, we'd be exposed to dangers regardless of the decision we make at this meeting. quite a few of us travel frequently, taking on missions for the league - meaning rocket can very easily take advantage in those moments of vulnerability.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 13:35:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]dahlia hits a point most don’t want to indulge.

do avatars know what they truly are? does anyone?

are they a god’s chosen or a god’s cursed? it’s unsettling to mull over, the nature of powers beyond their comprehension still seemingly a mystery. those close to their legendary pokemon might understand the bond more clearly. she glances toward , a finger beginning to tap at the contract. he had helped her work through her own avatarship once upon a time. if anyone in this room knew the answer to the question at hand, it was him. and yet, she doesn’t expect an answer. her eyes flitter away, roaming the room, studying faces.

more signatures come from witnesses now. the contract stares up at her with beady ink eyes. sign me, sign me. fuck, does it even matter? to the avatars, it does. she’s no longer in that category. her pen is plucked up, a messy scrawl thrown on the line, and nothing more. the pen falls and she stays silent.

AQUA

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 15:20:06 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It seemed Dahlia was pushing for a vote on the five year amendment.

But even five years was too much. If he were an avatar he would accept noting less than the freedom to maneuver in and out of the league's assembly at will. "The contract's duration would be removed outright, along with the requirement for mutual termination of the agreement. At any moment of any day those who have signed will be free to null the contract. At any moment of any day, someone who reaps the benefits might have their contract, and their benefits revoked."

"Like a marriage; both sides agree to the union but only one side needs to want out to void the whole thing." Most wouldn't catch the irony of Sénon Game suggesting the structure of a marriage contract as a good thing in any context.

"Both sides free to maintain or cease association with the other in accordance with their own best interests in that moment." If the League and the Avatars needed each other and were truly working towards the same goals, they didn't need to be handcuffed to one another with binding litigation. "Keeps everyone on their toes. It also assures siding together because both sides want to, not because they're legally obligated."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 16:44:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle finally scoffs.

"flattery doesn't work for me, balder. i want facts, not sentiments. i was threatened to come here else i face fine or imprisonment." he makes his voice firm. "besides, if we're talking about 'firepower', i can give you names of people who brought more destruction during the three-day war than me."

quickly, he turns back to .

"what examinations? shouldn't be i aware of those being conducted on me? miss goode, that's a vague explanation at best. can you give me a better, more concrete reason?"

he gives himself time to calm down, taking a deep breath with a sigh.

"what differentiates me from then?" he points out, flashing a glance at , taking his point as consideration to appeal his case. "reports say he also summoned phione... phioney? however it's pronounced. multiple of them. point is, if he's not here, then why should i?"

he only really read the name of the pokemon and hasn't heard anyone pronounce it in front of him.

@tags
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 16:51:56 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

PLOT THREAD
LEAGUE-EXCLUSIVE EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/821162156309479454/THE_LEAGUE.mp3[/player][break][break]

RESPONSES

DAHLIA SEEKS TO CINCH HER CONVERSATION WITH KYLE. She places her hand against her chest. "it wasn't anything conducted or ordained by me, actually. when lucas lane was head scientist, he curiously possessed the ability to identify avatars with his vision alone. after the pre-war summit, he told me that you housed a blessing of your own. possessed no such ability, save for the ability to fall unconscious."[break][break][break]

As speaks, Dahlia faces her with full attention. Regardless of accusations, little chips her countenance. "if the gods are truly able to teach their avatars, then how do we explain senri harada's fate?" Dahlia asks plainly before navigating away from the image. Now, the screen shows the insignia of the league: a pokeball embedded within a dramatic bolt. "not everyone has the luxury or privilege of having had gym leader or officer experience before they're an avatar, sergeant alfric. thankfully, powers have analogs. for example, flight and piloting. plant growth and botany. furthermore, it is clear that not all pokemon communicate in the same fashion- or communicate at all for that matter. poor lopez here doesn't even know what he can do." She smiles, despite the disparaging marks lobbed at her from before. Still, she finds herself seeking her Stoutland for comfort discretely below the table. Fingers tangle with soft Stoutland furs in the pauses between words. "i'm glad you have a wonderful bond with celebi, sergeant. i truly am. not everyone is as lucky as you."[break][break][break]

"as for protection, you would have access to our protective services and be briefed by intelligence at any sign of risk. however, i love your idea of residency. surely, we can procure a building dedicated to this intiative, which can also provide housing if not temporary security."[break][break][break]

Lastly, Dahlia rolls around 's suggestion in her head like a pearl. The orb stops, thrown out with the shaking of her head.[break][break][break]

"the lack of a duration and requirement of mutual termination can be easily abused, game. that's why such clauses exist in law. let's say i were an avatar that did not want to participate in the initiative. however, i wanted to treat myself for one glorious weekend. i could simply sign the contract, use all of my health benefits on massage therapy and then leave without anyone being able to lift a finger." The Commissioner ponders penciling in a massage for herself after this storm of a summit. "four years. not five."[break][break][break]

Dahlia thanks , and for signing. Eventually, her Mr. Rime would retrieve their contracts for copying.[break][break][break]

"head ranger !" The Commissioner rubs her temples, voice raised but firm like a school teacher apprehending a child. "are you smoking in our conference room? please put that vape away this instant and focus on the task at hand." Her laptop bag still remains anchored to the floor. She turns to , blonde curl falling loose against her cheek. "that reminds me, game, whether you are in agreeance or not, i do have another item to discuss with you."[break][break][break]

AMENDED CONTRACT / WAITING FOR VOTES

THE AQUA INTIATIVE CONTRACT

I. INTRODUCTION

This is a contractual agreement between all signed parties, THE HOENN LEAGUE (THE LEAGUE for short) and the AVATAR. A contractual party is taken to mean that group or individual, any being(s) alive or otherwise that the contractual party has dominion over, hereafter referred to in aggregate in this contract as each signed party or as AVATAR, meaning those who have signed below.[break][break]

An AVATAR is an individual who has been recognized by a significant Pokemon who possesses (1) bestowed powers from said Pokemon and/or (2) possesses or can summon said Pokemon.[break][break]

The aggregate of signed parties hereafter referred to as The Avatar Quality and Universal Action (AQUA) Initiative. All AVATARS signing this document are bound to its terms, regardless of the name used to sign this contract.[break][break]

The AQUA Initiative is a program designed to help AVATARS transition into their new lives as empowered individuals, while facilitating the development of their skills for the good of Hoenn. The AQUA Initiative will offer protection and insurance to these AVATARS who sign this contract for their services.[break][break]

II. PURPOSE & DURATION OF AGREEMENT

AVATAR is not currently represented by THE LEAGUE, but acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to consult with THE LEAGUE of their choice and enters into this Agreement freely and voluntarily. THE LEAGUE and AVATAR each acknowledge that they are entering into this contract of their own accord and without duress, coercion, or pressure of any kind; that they have fully disclosed to each other all information pertaining to their respective capabilities likely to influence their judgement herein; that they have given due consideration to such provisions and questions, and understand them clearly; that the arrangement embodied in this contract is in all respects acceptable to them, being consistent with their respective capabilities; and that accordingly they assent to all the provisions hereof.[break][break]

THE LEAGUE agrees to enter into this contract in order to provide resources and support to AVATARS, in exchange for their services for the good of the Hoenn region.[break][break]

It is hereby agreed that, in exchange for the powers and abilities offered to AVATAR herein after, AVATAR shall perform certain services for THE LEAGUE. Said services are more particularly described as follows:[break][break]
    i. THE LEAGUE may time to time, demand the summoning of AVATARS to protect Hoenn and its constituents from regional threats (e.g. Ultra Beasts, domestic terrorists, natural disasters, aggressive Pokémon, etc.). AVATARS may provide their services if they deem the situation to be appropriate according to their own judgement and within the legal grounds without the summoning of THE LEAGUE.[break]
    ii. THE LEAGUE agrees that it shall not demand the performance of services and/or tasks more than once per week, with the issuance of a new service and/or task by THE LEAGUE does not release AVATAR from their obligation to complete any previous, as yet uncompleted, services and/or tasks.[break][break]

Below, the duration of the contract has been outlined:[break][break]
a. The contract is in power until[break]
    i. the death of the AVATAR[break]
    ii. breach of agreement[break]
    iii. or mutual termination of the agreement.[break][break]

In case of breach of agreement, the contract is in power until the remedies detailed in Section IV. have been carried out in full.

III. BENEFITS

All AVATARS who sign this contract will be provided with a salary of ###, ### pokédollars paid bi-weekly, alongside government benefits and insurance:[break][break]

i. health insurance[break]
     - can include spouses and dependents who are not AVATARS.[break]
    ii. life insurance[break]
    iii. Pokémon insurance[break]
    iv. property damage liability insurance[break]
     - all damages incurred by use of AVATAR powers and/or their Pokemon in a legal fashion or while working for THE LEAGUE will be paid for by THE LEAGUE.[break]
    v. government pension plan.[break]
    vi. access to League publicists and stylists.[break]

IV. PENALTIES IMPOSED FOR VIOLATIONS AND BREACHES OF THIS CONTRACT

Upon THE LEAGUE's determination that AVATAR has violated any of the terms and/or conditions of this contract then AVATAR shall be liable to punitive terms as described herein.[break][break]

Minor violations will incur a monetary fine that will be determined depending on the nature of the violation. However, if AVATAR commits a major violation of this contract, which includes actively working to subvert THE LEAGUE, collaborating with THE LEAGUE's enemies, seeking to be released from this contract except as expressly authorized herein, or otherwise subverting the purposes of this contract, then THE LEAGUE may exercise any or all of the following remedies:[break][break]

a. Immediate expulsion from the AQUA Initiative.[break]
    b. Revoke any granted benefits including pension.[break]
 c. Demand multiple services and/or tasks be completed, notwithstanding any other provision of this contract to the contrary.[break]
    d. Imprisonment.[break]
   e. Impose any other penalty THE LEAGUE deems fitting, so long as to do so would result in irony due to the nature of the AVATAR's violation.[break]

V. ADDENDUM

The following are changes to this document, that modify the terms for all signed parties, after such parties have signed. No addendum may be entered into this document before first being agreed upon by an unanimous vote of all signed parties. Any signed party may propose an addendum at any time, it will then be voted on at the earliest convenient time when all signed parties are present and in a sound and calm state of mind, as to cast a well considered vote.[break][break]

contracts will be renewed every five four years (should this motion pass).

VI. NAMES & SIGNATURES OF SIGNED PARTIES & WITNESSES

I hereby certify that I have read, understood, and agreed to all of the terms and conditions provided herein above and I expressly agree to be bound by each and every one of them. I understand that this contract cannot be revoked by me after signing, except as may be expressly provided for herein. I expressly acknowledge that I am entering into this contract freely and voluntarily, without duress or coercion of any kind.[break][break]

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS EXCLUSIVE EVENT introduces the "AQUA INTIATIVE," a program and task force that bands together the avatars of Hoenn. This thread will present your characters with a choice of joining the AQUA Initiative or not. Acceptance and declination will spell different possible plot points for your characters, so have fun with it![break][break][break]

Before the next mod post, your characters must decide to sign the contract or not. Those who are "witnesses" (elite four, scientists, esteemed trainers and rangers, etc.) can also sign.[break][break][break]

There will be rewards for participating. If you would like your character to be present, but you do not feel as if you can post, please make a quick post saying that your character is present and whether they will sign the contract to join the Aqua Initiative.[break][break]

There are no deadlines to post yet; however, will publish moderator posts when appropriate. There is a high chance will try to post by tomorrow evening though!

OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN INVITED:[break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 17:52:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Her brow peaked at ’s casual mention of Pallet Town as if it was her nickname or something. There was no anger or poison in the words – they were quite matter of fact. But Eva could read between the lines. It was dismissive, disrespectful. She understood his frustration, being from Cinnabar and all, but it only meant he should understand better than anyone. Her lips parted to say something but then the events of the conference seemed to happen so quickly.

Eventually she found her eyes fixated on an image of a man, frozen, dead. Although, objectively, the implications of his death were unknown, the possibility that it could have stemmed from his Avatar powers is exactly what Eva was afraid of since she saw Tapu Bulu consume in an unbridled amount of energy.

Humans weren’t meant to wield such power, physically and emotionally. Such abilities will not come without consequences to both the human and pokemon involved. When Eva took her oath as a doctor, she dedicated herself to the preservation of life, advancement of science, and relief of suffering. She practiced her medicine with dignity and sound morals. Eva's contract to her values was a lifelong bond, one she took seriously, “I’m afraid these abilities do not come without consequences,” she voiced her fears, tearing her eyes from the image of the man on the screen, “And if those consequences come to fruition, I will be there for you – contractual obligation or not,” she wanted that to be clear – she was a safe space, free of judgement or obligation, somewhere they could turn if they chose to not sign the contract. With ’s amendment being shot down so quickly, there was no obligation for her to break doctor-patient confidentiality. The heavy pen clicked in her hand and moved towards the paper, “I will sign as a witness,” ink stained the contract with the doctor’s name.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 18:17:55 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

it genuinely irked her that people were in agreement with the contract, but she remained silent on that particular issue. everyone here had the right to dictate their own fates, regardless of  what her personal opinions  were on the matter, 

"'miss alfric'," she corrected. "
i'm no longer an officer nor am i a ranger. i've taken on the mantle of a civilian, miss goode, in hopes that i'd be omitted from this particular summit."

cait accepted dahlia's thorough unraveling of her criticisms and assumptions, the woman merely inclining her head lightly as she mulled over her failed argument before simply rolling with the punches.

"
and what are the consequences of not signing the contract? it really doesn't help that nothing here personally aligns with my interests. within the four of five years mandated i have every intention of settling down and starting a family. i also want to pursue a career in politics. i doubt i'll have a sufficient amount of time to drop everything and 'play hero.'

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 18:53:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
dahlia was patronizing him. kyle would like to play the same game as she is playing.

"how did you clear the validity of the said ability?" he asks , taking away all the spite from his tone.

he comes back to his seat, bringing the contract along with him. on his way, he grabs a piece of donut and chews on it on his way back.

"okay, i'll come clean. my avatar ability is to figure out who's an avatar or not as well," he mentions lazily as he slumps back to his seat, where his switch was waiting.

@tags
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 22:46:45 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
an aqua assembly

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Cait's hand tugs out from her own and it seems to wake her up. Before, it was as if she were in a trance. Her eyes continued to skim over the contract, over and over and over again in an attempt to make sense of it. But the fact that no one else steps up from the group of avatars to sign on the dotted line - and the insistence that we needed to choose helps rouse her from her slumber.[break][break]

Stormy rises to her feet with a deep breath.[break][break]

"I won't sign today, commissioner Goode. I'm requesting a week-long period to think it over and read this thoroughly. Rushing into a yes or no without giving it the time this decision deserves isn't something I'm comfortable with."[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 23:18:19 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"You're very patient commissioner and you seem to remain positive and steadfast in the face of push-back and challenge." Leaning back into his chair the ranger removed an arm from around Cait, crossing them over his chest as if holding something in.

He focused on Dahlia like looking at a piece of art he couldn't quite figure out. "-but you don't trust your own people to do the right thing." The contract alone was proof of that.

Whoever that Senri was he died because people die, no matter how powerful or how not. If him death meant all the avatars needed their hands held by this AQUA on how to develop their "abilities" then what was going to happen when an avatar died under AQUA's development?

Would the whole thing be disbanded; doubtful.

"I think the league has more than enough resources to let anyone who wants to abuse the contract in their favor one time and out themselves, do so." He made his points, he didn't have enough of a dog in this fight to keep barking about it.

Maybe in another dimension he'd sign, but in this one? He knew what he would do regarding AQUA if he ever found himself blessed by the gods.

At her mention of having another piece of business to discuss with him he was unsettled in his seat. There was only one thing she could want after being so dismissive of his idea of a duration-less AQUA contract he wasn't sure he wanted to speak on that one thing at this time.

He crossed his arms tighter with the slightest frown hoping it wasn't what he was sure it was. ". . . ."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 23:40:44 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

PLOT THREAD
LEAGUE-EXCLUSIVE EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/821162156309479454/THE_LEAGUE.mp3[/player][break][break]

MORE RESPONSES

ANXIETY ACCOMPANIES FORGETFULNESS. The Commissioner is understanding of that. Repetition is important, for clarity's sake.[break][break]

"there are no consequences, miss alfric." Dahlia says, matching the tilt of 's head. "your years of service have been recognized and that recognition will continue in a quieter way. however, the door is always open to you, should you feel the inclination."[break][break]

As signs, The Commissioner thanks her with from the inkwell of gratitude she holds.[break][break]

"with trust, lopez." To , Dahlia speaks bright and firm: "for that reason, i won't question the validity of your ability."[break][break]

Seeing rise, The Commissioner calls upon to open the door for the Moltres Avatar. Her Mr. Rime moves as well to clean any crumb from the charcuterie from the carpet.[break][break]

"perfectly acceptable; you are dismissed. i will ask you to now leave the room," Dahlia asks. "i'll be waiting for your response by the 22nd."[break][break]

MUST POST IN THIS THREAD WITH HER DECISION BY MARCH 27TH, 12AM PST (ICLY, the 22ND OF MARCH)
[break][break]

As tacks on the plaque of distrust, The Commissioner scrapes at it with knowledge.[break][break]

"a contract is not a symbol of distrust. in fact, contracts, in the world of law, are meant to build trust." The Commissioner says; again, the heart of academia pulses with the dust of tome and tuition. "i am not about to lecture you on the systems of court here, but a contract limits liability, creates certainty and allows you to navigate the law with peace of mind. with no contract, the league could easily abuse us and vice-versa."[break][break]

If she could throw a book, she would; however, she finds herself unwittingly concerned about Hoenn's literacy rate. From below the table, she hoists out a small suitcase from her laptop bag. She sets it in on the table so that can see.[break][break]

AMENDED CONTRACT / WAITING FOR VOTES

THE AQUA INTIATIVE CONTRACT

I. INTRODUCTION

This is a contractual agreement between all signed parties, THE HOENN LEAGUE (THE LEAGUE for short) and the AVATAR. A contractual party is taken to mean that group or individual, any being(s) alive or otherwise that the contractual party has dominion over, hereafter referred to in aggregate in this contract as each signed party or as AVATAR, meaning those who have signed below.[break][break]

An AVATAR is an individual who has been recognized by a significant Pokemon who possesses (1) bestowed powers from said Pokemon and/or (2) possesses or can summon said Pokemon.[break][break]

The aggregate of signed parties hereafter referred to as The Avatar Quality and Universal Action (AQUA) Initiative. All AVATARS signing this document are bound to its terms, regardless of the name used to sign this contract.[break][break]

The AQUA Initiative is a program designed to help AVATARS transition into their new lives as empowered individuals, while facilitating the development of their skills for the good of Hoenn. The AQUA Initiative will offer protection and insurance to these AVATARS who sign this contract for their services.[break][break]

II. PURPOSE & DURATION OF AGREEMENT

AVATAR is not currently represented by THE LEAGUE, but acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to consult with THE LEAGUE of their choice and enters into this Agreement freely and voluntarily. THE LEAGUE and AVATAR each acknowledge that they are entering into this contract of their own accord and without duress, coercion, or pressure of any kind; that they have fully disclosed to each other all information pertaining to their respective capabilities likely to influence their judgement herein; that they have given due consideration to such provisions and questions, and understand them clearly; that the arrangement embodied in this contract is in all respects acceptable to them, being consistent with their respective capabilities; and that accordingly they assent to all the provisions hereof.[break][break]

THE LEAGUE agrees to enter into this contract in order to provide resources and support to AVATARS, in exchange for their services for the good of the Hoenn region.[break][break]

It is hereby agreed that, in exchange for the powers and abilities offered to AVATAR herein after, AVATAR shall perform certain services for THE LEAGUE. Said services are more particularly described as follows:[break][break]
    i. THE LEAGUE may time to time, demand the summoning of AVATARS to protect Hoenn and its constituents from regional threats (e.g. Ultra Beasts, domestic terrorists, natural disasters, aggressive Pokémon, etc.). AVATARS may provide their services if they deem the situation to be appropriate according to their own judgement and within the legal grounds without the summoning of THE LEAGUE.[break]
    ii. THE LEAGUE agrees that it shall not demand the performance of services and/or tasks more than once per week, with the issuance of a new service and/or task by THE LEAGUE does not release AVATAR from their obligation to complete any previous, as yet uncompleted, services and/or tasks.[break][break]

Below, the duration of the contract has been outlined:[break][break]
a. The contract is in power until[break]
    i. the death of the AVATAR[break]
    ii. breach of agreement[break]
    iii. or mutual termination of the agreement.[break][break]

In case of breach of agreement, the contract is in power until the remedies detailed in Section IV. have been carried out in full.

III. BENEFITS

All AVATARS who sign this contract will be provided with a salary of ###, ### pokédollars paid bi-weekly, alongside government benefits and insurance:[break][break]

i. health insurance[break]
     - can include spouses and dependents who are not AVATARS.[break]
    ii. life insurance[break]
    iii. Pokémon insurance[break]
    iv. property damage liability insurance[break]
     - all damages incurred by use of AVATAR powers and/or their Pokemon in a legal fashion or while working for THE LEAGUE will be paid for by THE LEAGUE.[break]
    v. government pension plan.[break]
    vi. access to League publicists and stylists.[break]

IV. PENALTIES IMPOSED FOR VIOLATIONS AND BREACHES OF THIS CONTRACT

Upon THE LEAGUE's determination that AVATAR has violated any of the terms and/or conditions of this contract then AVATAR shall be liable to punitive terms as described herein.[break][break]

Minor violations will incur a monetary fine that will be determined depending on the nature of the violation. However, if AVATAR commits a major violation of this contract, which includes actively working to subvert THE LEAGUE, collaborating with THE LEAGUE's enemies, seeking to be released from this contract except as expressly authorized herein, or otherwise subverting the purposes of this contract, then THE LEAGUE may exercise any or all of the following remedies:[break][break]

a. Immediate expulsion from the AQUA Initiative.[break]
    b. Revoke any granted benefits including pension.[break]
 c. Demand multiple services and/or tasks be completed, notwithstanding any other provision of this contract to the contrary.[break]
    d. Imprisonment.[break]
   e. Impose any other penalty THE LEAGUE deems fitting, so long as to do so would result in irony due to the nature of the AVATAR's violation.[break]

V. ADDENDUM

The following are changes to this document, that modify the terms for all signed parties, after such parties have signed. No addendum may be entered into this document before first being agreed upon by an unanimous vote of all signed parties. Any signed party may propose an addendum at any time, it will then be voted on at the earliest convenient time when all signed parties are present and in a sound and calm state of mind, as to cast a well considered vote.[break][break]

contracts will be renewed every five four years (should this motion pass).

VI. NAMES & SIGNATURES OF SIGNED PARTIES & WITNESSES

I hereby certify that I have read, understood, and agreed to all of the terms and conditions provided herein above and I expressly agree to be bound by each and every one of them. I understand that this contract cannot be revoked by me after signing, except as may be expressly provided for herein. I expressly acknowledge that I am entering into this contract freely and voluntarily, without duress or coercion of any kind.[break][break]

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS EXCLUSIVE EVENT introduces the "AQUA INTIATIVE," a program and task force that bands together the avatars of Hoenn. This thread will present your characters with a choice of joining the AQUA Initiative or not. Acceptance and declination will spell different possible plot points for your characters, so have fun with it![break][break][break]

Before the next mod post, your characters must decide to sign the contract or not. Those who are "witnesses" (elite four, scientists, esteemed trainers and rangers, etc.) can also sign.[break][break][break]

There will be rewards for participating. If you would like your character to be present, but you do not feel as if you can post, please make a quick post saying that your character is present and whether they will sign the contract to join the Aqua Initiative.[break][break]

There are no deadlines to post yet; however, will publish moderator posts when appropriate. There is a high chance will try to post by tomorrow evening though!

OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN INVITED:[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 0:37:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Tch.

The fact Fernando of all people has to come to the Commissioner’s aid is both disgusting and disheartening. He still despises her for putting him up to this—for putting them all through these notions—but accepts it as a necessary evil. What concerns him more isn’t so much the conditions written on paper but what comes after. He can taste it on his tongue, unfamiliar with the flavor, but knowing what ingredient lie half-baked between the words and commitments.

Then you think wrong, Game. The League is not made out of money. I understand ’s budgeting may have spoiled certain rangers but the rest of us are not so fortunate.

He says this as he scratches out the entirety of the BENEFITS section of his on contract. Some obligations go beyond being paid.

All of you should make your decision in accordance with your self interest at heart.

A silent buzz rings from Fernando’s pocket. He pauses his sentence, mid-stroke, to place his cellphone on the table beside his contract. A quick glance at the notification brings a small smile to his face and he continues with his contract.

If where he’s making the amendments is a telling of his progress, it appears he’s almost done.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 1:37:13 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"[...]AVATARS may provide their services if they deem the situation to be appropriate according to their own judgement and within the legal grounds without the summoning of THE LEAGUE.[...]"
    'May'? 'If they deem it appropriate'? This had to be one of the most lenient contracts I've ever seen. Zac thought,m scratching his beard as he looked over the section again.
    The fact that the decision to participate was left up to the Avatars was a powerful tool for both the signees and the League. If the League called for something unjust or outrageous, the Avatars could decline to help. Likewise, if Avatars abused the system and decided to sit out every time they were needed, they could be removed. 
    " 's got a great point, , and changing five years to four doesn't fix the contract being lopsided." Zac had no problems with a long contract. Five years or four, it didn't make any difference when he was already going to be doing everything he could to protect Hoenn. 
    "I propose 's amendment again, but with the added clause that once signed an Avatar must remain in Aqua for three months. Call it a trial period, if you will." Zac looked between the two. It wasn't an ideal solution, but a good compromise should make everyone dissatisfied. "Like any relationship, you've gotta give the other side a chance to show their true colors, ay?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 1:37:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There was so much uncertainty hanging in the room, it was almost edible should one stick out their tongue and sample the air.

The scowl never left his face, though, as he squinted (he was tempted to outright glare) at the Commissioner—it wasn’t even harmful smoke.

“It’s not actual smoke, it’s vapor,” he began, the scowl still on his features. “I need this to relax my nerves.”

All the same, the same scowl never left as he begrudgingly turned off the instrument he was holding and hid it in the pocket of his jacket. Fuck, he wanted to torch something so bad, but the remnants of the vanilla-flavored vapor still hung around him, so there was that.

The remaining curlicues of smoke were hesitantly released as he turned his attention to the—holy fucking shit.

And I guess there’s my answer, he thought as a grim look darkened his features for a few moments. He finally knew the fate of the one who came before him. And it was nasty.

Unlike , who had a benevolent—well, okay. Unlike her, who had a deity that guided her through what he surmised were the early stages, his own was—more… how was he going to put this? Finicky.

Yes, ‘finicky’ was the word he was looking for. Adding onto that, the only other instance his own had spoken to him was during that one sojourn across time, and it was to chastise him for losing his shit.

Can’t blame me for losing my head as we were warped into outer fucking space, or at least an approximation of it, though! he continued to himself, relishing the remnants of the vanilla-scented vapor as long as possible. There was still also the matter of his missing boyfriend to consider, but that was something he would stress over another time.

This contract was taking the forefront and really stressing him out, so to speak.

He was tempted to answer in ’s direction regarding his friend but chose not to—instead, he kept his eyes on everyone else in the room. Most of the witnesses had already (at this point) scrawled down their signatures, but what if it was a trap—

What if some of them, among their number, also became Avatars down the road? He flashed a knowing look for a few brief seconds before turning away, not wishing to communicate so openly.

I find it strange that out of the witnesses, one was a previous Avatar but still invited over to sign, he pondered quietly. I wonder what’s up with that… he continued to muse, eyes still darting around the room.

It wasn’t until then he realized something… there was something else that was gaping wide open. If there were witnesses invited over, but there were also other Gym Leaders who weren’t around to witness this—

Was this just for Avatars? Why weren’t the other Gym Leaders, who are also part of the League as a whole, present to witness this as well? Or were they not important in the higher scale of things…

Was this really encompassing all of the League? Or was there something else he wasn’t explicitly seeing, that was just out of his reach, hidden in the blanket of very obvious things that nobody had pointed out yet?

Today was apparently a day full of self-doubt.

He only looked up when had spoken, and to be honest, taking the same path she had was quite tempting. The pressure to make a snap decision, under duress? That wasn’t good for anyone in this room; at least anyone who was singled out as an Avatar to say the least.

Lars looked over at and wondered if this day was going to end with just one signatory to this madness. Right then and there, he realized that there were a few things he had to consider—

His younger cousins and .

The rest of the Rangers, who he considered more than just work mates and associates at this point. The ‘family’ that took place of his own biological shattered mess of a ‘family’.

His younger sister, who he had to bury without so much of a ceremony out at Mount Pyre. His younger brother, wherever he was now. Who knew if the youngest was still alive? There had been no contact ever since he’d left home all those years ago.

And pray tell, where had gone off to, without a single word?

The scowl was still on his face, however if he was to protect the second family that had taken the place of his own… he would be joking himself if he wasn’t playing advocate at this point.

Choosing to ignore ’s statement about the Rangers (as he was fucking done with everyone ragging on them just because they were ill-funded among other things he didn’t want to discuss as that wasn’t the point of all this shit) he took a deep breath.

The last of the vanilla-scented vapor left him as he exhaled, willing himself not to snap in front of everyone—as it was one of his own shortcomings.

He wondered what all the other Rangers would think of him after this.

The scowl was still on his face as he reached for a pen, and shook it to make sure the ink wasn’t stuck. He sincerely hoped that this shit wasn’t going to backfire. He fucking wished that everything would just… melt away.

He had reservations. So many reservations.

What would he be without the Rangers if he left? A rogue?

His eyes continued to dart around the room for a few more seconds before he finally opened the folder he was holding in his left hand.

His features were still locked in that distrust, but even so. He hoped on a lot of things that whatever else deities were watching him from who-knew-where that this was the right thing to do.

A messy scrawl of chicken shit, but still distinguishable as his own name.

It felt like the Devil’s contract once he was done putting his name down on that blasted line.

laurence michael anderson.

so much internal conflict, so. fucking. much.

@tag
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2021 2:16:46 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Dahlia's words reminded him of why he'd gone out of his way to avoid the League's hire-ups.

's chiming-in only reinforced that sentiment. Even the slightest implication that the rangers were over paid or unfairly waged made him dismissive of every topic in question. Lars practicing his fetal position in the corner up until just now didn't do much to sway him.

Given how much he hated politics and how little he cared for the law compared to his own sense of morality there was a real chance he didn't know what the hell he was talking about here in this room.

He wasn't infallible.

In fact, his failures were the only reason he'd come to this region in the first place.

He didn't fight for Hoenn because he loved Hoenn, he fought because Kanto was lost and if he didn't fight something his rage and grief and guilt would consume him.

He walked the fiery path to Mt. Chimney once a week to temper the fire inside him with a bigger flame and because volcanoes reminded him of home. He didn't really give a damn about this region the way natives like Cait and did.

He wouldn't suffer if Hoenn bled; only if Rocket was the reason it bled.

The world was so much bigger than just this place. Even in his limited travels he knew chefs were treated like rockstars in Kalos; he was almost itching to go back to Lumiose City.

With a deep breath and a millisecond of meditation he remembered how low the personal stakes were for him in this matter. He didn't need the League, or Hoenn; they needed him.

He'd already ceased amending his copy of the contract folding it up to destroy his edited variant on his own terms, he returned to a position of crossed arms.

Beyond waiting on the signing (or not) of the remaining avatars in the room, as a witness his capacity here had all but concluded. "Why am I, here?"

● tags: , ,
● notes: