she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 7:18:58 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

PLOT THREAD
LEAGUE-EXCLUSIVE EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/821162156309479454/THE_LEAGUE.mp3[/player][break][break]

SENON / DEPARTURES

DAHLIA PERUSES SUGGESTIONS BOTH PHYSICAL AND ASKED. While 's addendum is shot down by , the Commissioner signs off on 's tweaks. too, is offered some time to tweak due to his previous contract as Champion[break][break]

However, to , Dahlia declines. In particular, she suggests that the bodyguard contract be separate. The AQUA INITIATIVE is wholly separate, after all— and concern is raised over the request for access to confidential information and veto powers. The Commissioner believes inexperience in the political realm seeps through in her bodyguard's write up.[break][break]

She excuses — but stops , should he desire to leave with her.[break][break]

"mr. game, i would like to recognize your efforts as an upstanding ranger of the league." She opens the case. Two pokeballs, polished brilliantly, lay in a protective black foam insert. "if you accept, i would love for you to become a head ranger. in particular, one that parlays with kanto's rangers. although rocket has seized the region, fundamental infrastructure still exists. trade continues. we need an ambassador like you within the rangers to not only help domestically. but internationally." Her hands hover over two capsules:[break][break]

[break][break]

"these two pokemon were confiscated by the league from rockets leaving the region. the left pokeball holds a zeraora. the other holds a heatran." Smiling, she carefully shifts the suitcase closer. "regardless of your decision to accept the position or not, you are allowed to take one as gratitude for your service."[break][break]

must decide which pokemon he desires; he will be able to choose the moveset of his chosen Pokemon like a gachapon Pokemon.
[break][break]

SIGNATURES & THOSE WHO REMAIN

EVENTUALLY, those who have not signed or are not allowed to remain are dismissed. is diplomatically immune; however, his position as an AVATAR will allow him to partake in AQUA INITIATIVE work, should he desire. Nevertheless, the second half of the meeting is confidential— and so, he is thanked for his presence before dismissal.[break][break]

Those who have not posted about whether their character has signed are presumed to have signed. If your character has changed their mind or did not sign, you must know, and the signatures will be rectified.[break][break]

THOSE ALLOWED TO STAY: (should he accept head ranger position)
[break][break]

The Head Scientists and other high ranking scientists such as are asked to remain, for the second half does require their presence.[break][break]

SIGNED CONTRACT

THE AQUA INTIATIVE CONTRACT

I. INTRODUCTION

This is a contractual agreement between all signed parties, THE HOENN LEAGUE (THE LEAGUE for short) and the AVATAR. A contractual party is taken to mean that group or individual, any being(s) alive or otherwise that the contractual party has dominion over, hereafter referred to in aggregate in this contract as each signed party or as AVATAR, meaning those who have signed below.[break][break]

An AVATAR is an individual who has been recognized by a significant Pokemon who possesses (1) bestowed powers from said Pokemon and/or (2) possesses or can summon said Pokemon.[break][break]

The aggregate of signed parties hereafter referred to as The Avatar Quality and Universal Action (AQUA) Initiative. All AVATARS signing this document are bound to its terms, regardless of the name used to sign this contract.[break][break]

The AQUA Initiative is a program designed to help AVATARS transition into their new lives as empowered individuals, while facilitating the development of their skills for the good of Hoenn. The AQUA Initiative will offer protection and insurance to these AVATARS who sign this contract for their services.[break][break]

II. PURPOSE & DURATION OF AGREEMENT

AVATAR is not currently represented by THE LEAGUE, but acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to consult with THE LEAGUE of their choice and enters into this Agreement freely and voluntarily. THE LEAGUE and AVATAR each acknowledge that they are entering into this contract of their own accord and without duress, coercion, or pressure of any kind; that they have fully disclosed to each other all information pertaining to their respective capabilities likely to influence their judgement herein; that they have given due consideration to such provisions and questions, and understand them clearly; that the arrangement embodied in this contract is in all respects acceptable to them, being consistent with their respective capabilities; and that accordingly they assent to all the provisions hereof.[break][break]

THE LEAGUE agrees to enter into this contract in order to provide resources and support to AVATARS, in exchange for their services for the good of the Hoenn region.[break][break]

It is hereby agreed that, in exchange for the powers and abilities offered to AVATAR herein after, AVATAR shall perform certain services for THE LEAGUE. Said services are more particularly described as follows:[break][break]
    i. THE LEAGUE may time to time, demand the summoning of AVATARS to protect Hoenn and its constituents from regional threats (e.g. Ultra Beasts, domestic terrorists, natural disasters, aggressive Pokémon, etc.). AVATARS may provide their services if they deem the situation to be appropriate according to their own judgement and within the legal grounds without the summoning of THE LEAGUE.[break]
    ii. THE LEAGUE agrees that it shall not demand the performance of services and/or tasks more than once per week, with the issuance of a new service and/or task by THE LEAGUE does not release AVATAR from their obligation to complete any previous, as yet uncompleted, services and/or tasks.[break][break]

Below, the duration of the contract has been outlined:[break][break]
a. The contract is in power until[break]
    i. the death of the AVATAR[break]
    ii. breach of agreement[break]
    iii. or mutual termination of the agreement.[break][break]

In case of breach of agreement, the contract is in power until the remedies detailed in Section IV. have been carried out in full.

III. BENEFITS

All AVATARS who sign this contract will be provided with a salary of ###, ### pokédollars paid bi-weekly, alongside government benefits and insurance:[break][break]

i. health insurance[break]
     - can include spouses and dependents who are not AVATARS.[break]
    ii. life insurance[break]
    iii. Pokémon insurance[break]
    iv. property damage liability insurance[break]
     - all damages incurred by use of AVATAR powers and/or their Pokemon in a legal fashion or while working for THE LEAGUE will be paid for by THE LEAGUE.[break]
    v. government pension plan.[break]
    vi. access to League publicists and stylists.[break]

IV. PENALTIES IMPOSED FOR VIOLATIONS AND BREACHES OF THIS CONTRACT

Upon THE LEAGUE's determination that AVATAR has violated any of the terms and/or conditions of this contract then AVATAR shall be liable to punitive terms as described herein.[break][break]

Minor violations will incur a monetary fine that will be determined depending on the nature of the violation. However, if AVATAR commits a major violation of this contract, which includes actively working to subvert THE LEAGUE, collaborating with THE LEAGUE's enemies, seeking to be released from this contract except as expressly authorized herein, or otherwise subverting the purposes of this contract, then THE LEAGUE may exercise any or all of the following remedies:[break][break]

a. Immediate expulsion from the AQUA Initiative.[break]
    b. Revoke any granted benefits including pension.[break]
 c. Demand multiple services and/or tasks be completed, notwithstanding any other provision of this contract to the contrary.[break]
    d. Imprisonment.[break]
   e. Impose any other penalty THE LEAGUE deems fitting, so long as to do so would result in irony due to the nature of the AVATAR's violation.[break]

V. ADDENDUM

The following are changes to this document, that modify the terms for all signed parties, after such parties have signed. No addendum may be entered into this document before first being agreed upon by an unanimous vote of all signed parties. Any signed party may propose an addendum at any time, it will then be voted on at the earliest convenient time when all signed parties are present and in a sound and calm state of mind, as to cast a well considered vote.[break][break]

contracts will be renewed every five four years (should this motion pass).

VI. NAMES & SIGNATURES OF SIGNED PARTIES & WITNESSES

I hereby certify that I have read, understood, and agreed to all of the terms and conditions provided herein above and I expressly agree to be bound by each and every one of them. I understand that this contract cannot be revoked by me after signing, except as may be expressly provided for herein. I expressly acknowledge that I am entering into this contract freely and voluntarily, without duress or coercion of any kind.[break][break]

[break][break]

THE SECOND HALF

ONCE THE ROOM IS CLEARED, The Commissioner stands. In a solemn turn, she holds her hands together. Behind her, the heavy doors to the conference doors loom over the space like spires. Her Mr. Rime holds its position. For once, the cane does not move or tap to any beat.[break][break]

[break][break]

"before we move on, i would like to remind you all that the information presented during this part of the meeting is confidential. at least, for the time being." Her hand hovers over her laptop trackpad. "i regret to inform you all that our previous champion, BAILEY COOPER, is dead."[break][break][break]

With a tap of her fingers, the screen shifts to a scanned autopsy report:

AUTOPSY REPORT

NAME: BAILEY COOPER[break]
DOB: 15 AUGUST 1995[break]
DATE OF DEATH: 10 MARCH 2021[break]
DATE OF AUTOPSY: 13 MARCH 2021[break]
CAUSE OF DEATH: FATAL PRIMAL ENERGY INTOXICATION[break]
MANNER OF DEATH: NATURAL

The term "primal energy" is circled in red.
[break][break]

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS EXCLUSIVE EVENT introduces the "AQUA INTIATIVE," a program and task force that bands together the avatars of Hoenn. This thread will present your characters with a choice of joining the AQUA Initiative or not. Acceptance and declination will spell different possible plot points for your characters, so have fun with it![break][break][break]

There will be rewards for participating. If you would like your character to be present, but you do not feel as if you can post, please make a quick post saying that your character is present and whether they will sign the contract to join the Aqua Initiative.[break][break]

There are no deadlines to post yet; however, will publish moderator posts when appropriate!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 8:08:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Fuck.

Fernando feels a torrent of emotions all at once. From a glance, a genuine sadness plagues his face with a disease he cannot fix. Another friend lost to something he can neither predict nor prevent. He tries to hide it with his trademark scowl, covering the frown behind a sleight of hand, but the disbelief bleeds through.

He can still remember her promotion to Sergeant.

The two of them had skipped the ceremony early to go drink at some sleazy bar. Rascal’s, specifically. Just a night spent shooting shitty beers and shooting the shit while making disparaging remarks to the region as a whole. It’s his most vivid memory of her, spaced between several other chance encounters, and one that he embraces to hide his other emotions.

Fuck.

Fuck yes.

Hell fucking yeah.

Finally.

Bailey Cooper is fucking dead.

This is a cause of celebration—not because Fernando holds any ill will against her. Quite the opposite—he rather her alive than not. But this plays right into his cards. Wherein she lived a life of her own, a spitfire of independence, now she has no choice but to bend to his will.

Talia Bosch.

Three champions chaperoned straight into the pits of hell. Their only escape, their only recourse, is to listen to his beckoning. If this report is to believed, he’ll confirm it on his own, later, in private.

Kyle, the current Champion, may have refused his offer to work for Silph Co. but Fernando can make due.

Bailey Cooper is a suitable substitute.

AQUA INITIATIVE

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 8:17:47 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would continue to listen in silence as the meeting ran its course. All the while, he could only think of how he was going to break the news to . He had no plans to make his fellow Avatar of Yveltal sign on, or to out him to the League. He dreaded to see his reaction to the Initiative.

Speaking of outing Avatars, Thomas felt bad about having essentially outed to the room. Despite this, he knew that even if he remained silent on the issue, he was already exposed as an Avatar. Dahlia knew it, anyone who fought in Mauville knew it, despite his excuses. Still, he didn't like the fact that it came to that, and wanted to make it up to the Champion, somehow.

He would write up a note, and quietly pass it onto Kyle.

Training room.

The following news would catch the Elite Four member by surprise. Bailey Cooper had died too? This was the third former Champion to have fallen now. They lost both Tahlia Bosch and to the Megalopolan War. And now, Bailey Cooper had died of "Primal Energy Intoxication." Thomas remembered the effects that Groudon seemed to have on her body. The markings that she received since she came back.

If anything, it made him worried about what sort of effects Yveltal would have on him, and Adrian. Would they end up being turned to stone again, this time with no escape? Either dying in the process, this time for good, or suffocating in their shells? Would Yveltal leave them in a different state, with their life force being completely sucked out of them?

It only highlighted the importance to train with what powers he had, to fully discover what he was capable of.

In any case, it was clear that the revelation that Cooper died shook him. Despite not considering himself superstitious, he had to wonder if the Champion's seat was now cursed. Frankly, it made him worry for Kyle. Though given that two former Avatars were killed, it made him worry for those in the room. What if was suffering some sort of unknown health complication from Tapu Lele? Even if he wasn't exactly close to her, she was still an ally in the League, and a valuable mind at that.

tags: @tag
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 14:42:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her eyes follow those who take their leave, indifferent and merely observant. she pauses on for a moment, lips quirking into a small smile. she’ll find him later, perhaps.

and then, the second half begins and the previous question she had brings a clear answer.

with the report of bailey’s death, she is certain. avatar’s can truly be god’s cursed. her skin crawls at the thought and a phantom feeling of familiar scales sends her into the clutches of anxiety. for all the composure she’s fought to maintain, it crumbles beneath death and an awful understanding.

”is,” she is forced to stop when her voice trembles, shakes, breaks apart. she swallows and tries again. ”is there any indication in this report that corolates cause of death to the strain avatar powers can cause on the human body?” she’ll glance around the room for a moment before continuing, heaving out a soft sigh and fixing her eyes on the commissioner. ”or is it safe to assume this is what happens when the bond between legendary and avatar is broken?” she didn’t want to be the one to ask but fuck, is that what will become of her and any other avatars who lose their bond?

in the back of her mind, another question rises. is this the reason she’s here? not because she’s a scientist but because she’s a living example. her eyes dart back to the screen, to the death it holds, and she can’t fight back the shiver that follows. without much else to offer or ask, illeana falls silent once more, stewing in her own worries.

AQUA

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 15:53:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
It wasn’t her place to speak up any more. She had done her duty by witnessing the Avatars either deny, sign, or revise the contract. Still being new to her position (and Hoenn in general) she wasn’t familiar with most of the people in the room. She did her due diligence by recognizing the faces of the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Councilmen. Otherwise, she was clueless. But the doctor took mental notes. A list of meetings and interviews to schedule began to form in her head.

Eva settled against the wall as began the second half of the meeting. She had no idea what to expect or why her presence was necessarily wanted. Despite simply having an interest in the relationship between Avatar and Legendary, she had barely begun her research, so she didn’t have much to contribute.

Eva was quick to find out what she may be able to offer.

Bailey Cooper wasn’t a name she was familiar with. The way the atmosphere in the room changed, growing heavy and somber, told her she was of notable importance. Previous Champion? It all came back to her in an instant, the press conference and the mention of Groudon abandoning its Avatar. Was that Bailey Cooper?

The doctor’s eyes fixated on the autopsy report. Primal Energy Intoxication.

Eva’s eyes grew wide and she immediately stood up straight, slowly taking a few steps closer. The abbreviated autopsy report was frustrating to her. She wanted the whole thing.

What pathological effects did ‘Primal Energy Intoxication’ entail? Could she deduce what sort of clinical signs the person would show prior to it becoming fatal? Could she develop an antidote? Were there side effects experienced by the Legendary itself? Was this from separating from the Legendary or did the Legendary actually cause this?

The image of the previous Articuno avatar from a few minutes ago flashed into the forefront of her mind. This was her worst fear for these Avatars. Her eyes quickly scanned the somber room. She knew the side effects of having such power would not be benign. She said it earlier and she’d say it again and again, " What a terrible loss," She sighed with a small head shake. Despite not knowing the woman, Eva was sensitive to death. She had dedicated her life to preventing that, after all, “Commissioner Goode, may I have access to the full autopsy report? I feel I may be able to gather more information that would be helpful for my research and for the health and well-being of the Avatars,” There really wasn't a sesnitive way to ask that question. That would at least be a start to answering the plethora of questions that swam through her head. The doctor couldn’t do much with just a few simple words, but with more research she may be able to provide valuable information to those present.

@aquainitiative

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 16:15:22 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Bye Kay, see you in a bit~” He says in a fluttery tone, assuming she means to accept his offer just as Stormy had, the woman leaving in her own time.

Once the meeting had concluded, Kim remained seated, swiping a few berries and popping them into his mouth, enjoying the sweetness as he listened to Dahlia speaking of confidentiality- the death of Bailey reported soon after.

The sweetness he relished in was quickly replaced with the bitterness she had spoken, his palate tainted in that instance.

Unfortunate.

He states passively, mind racking with speculation.

If this was another source of propaganda for the advertisement of the aqua initiative it would be shown just as the previous installment of Senri Harada had been, to everyone present in the room at the time.

Kim could only take the revelation as fact, but would remain skeptic in any case, brows quirk in indifference; arms crossed over his chest as he leaned back in his chair in anticipation for Dahlia’s further explanation.

Why tell us this after the room’s been sifted?

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 20:03:21 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]now he needed to give his full attention to the room. considering the initiative was mainly for those bestowed with the power from a legendary. the second half of the meeting would start off with learning an unprecedented death. the recent champion wasn't even in her seat for no more than a month or three: .

it seemed those that served as champion had a knack for dying. why anyone would want the seat was beyond him. the title was starting to become no longer a joke, but more of a curse. and was next on the list.

the news didn't exactly unsettle compared to some of those. he had never met the woman, but heard of her courageous feats. for hoenn to lose another individual that was capable of earning their name was sad. should fall then hoenn, from here on out, was done for. zenji was determined to ensure that wouldn't happen, he quite liked it here. this was his home after all.

"if permitted, i'll help with said research on the matter when time allows it." zenji spoke, piggybacking off of . "the last thing we need is to lose another champion." if we lose another one it would be about time to start employing aid from those outside of the region at this point.

note: hi.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 2:05:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

After he’d done and away with the blasted piece of paper, Lars had made his way across the room to the open bar. The scowl was still set on his face, though, as he perused the options available.

Doubting that the bartender knew what a ‘Bramble’ was, he therefore settled for a lager instead, the final touches of vanilla-flavored vapor evaporating into nonexistence as he sat down at the bar and waited for his drink to be served.

Fucking hell, today was just a time and he needed something to relax himself further! Seeing as there was a blanket ban on him ‘smoking’.

He kept to himself most of the time while looking down the neck of the bottle of lager he was drinking—he was sure he was going to need a second, or maybe even a third, after this.

Lars looked up at the pronouncement for the redhead—and he wondered: was this going to be like, a way to sweep him under the rug, if ever he lost control?

Him, lose control? Hah.

Maybe it was a good thing his ‘deity’ had the qualities of being calm, staying calm—the literal dead calm. Blinking, he continued to work his way down through the bottle until it was empty, before sliding it back across the bar and getting a second bottle in exchange.

He still sat there at the bar, brows knitted at the next set of revelations being dropped one after another. Was there an end to this?

Hm.

Maybe he would need to seek someone out—they weren’t in this room anymore, but seeing as they’d been at this ‘avatar’ stuff for much longer, perhaps it was a good idea to do so.

…after this entire thing was done, of course.

he at the bar, he stayin' there for the time being, watching whatever else happens from there.

@tag

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 16:27:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his fingers presses the screen of his phone as he makes a short draft of additional conditions he'd add on his current contract with the league, sending it to 's phone afterwards alongside a promise to make a more formal one later.

amid the typing, he receives a piece of paper from . it earns a raise of a brow, turning to the elite four briefly with a tilt of his head, before resuming back to working on his contract.

and then the news about bailey's death comes up.

kyle tries to remain composed. he knew about the news beforehand, and had already started grieving for his friend. sentimentality was the main reason why he now holds the champion title he vehemently was opposed to when it was first offered to him.

he takes a deep breath as he sees no actual mourning in the room. he's thankful for 's reaction at the very least, but he finds it unsettling that almost everyone had not exhibited any appropriate emotion towards the news.

kyle supposed he can't judge them for it since he was the same. decorum needed to be maintained after all.

@tags
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
598 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2021 7:07:20 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

PLOT THREAD
LEAGUE-EXCLUSIVE EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/821162156309479454/THE_LEAGUE.mp3[/player][break][break]

PRIMAL ENERGY

EVENTUALLY, SENON MAKES HIS CHOICE. Afterward, the Commissioner dismisses him. His departure officially allows the latter half of the assembly to begin.[break][break]

"the origin of cooper's powers was particular, reyes."[break][break]

Dahlia says and glances toward , nodding to approve her request for access. Eventually, she would accept 's request too.[break][break]

"the previous champion's powers manifested thanks to an outpouring of primal energy, granted by groudon itself and," the autopsy report shifts to the image of a odd, multi-colored rock, "this particular crystal. we have a fragment of it here— and that is what i would like you three to investigate." She gestures to the head scientists and ; her hand movement is purposeful as if to say, yes, you are included too. "the main body of this crystal has since disappeared alongside groudon. we're attempting to track the creature as we speak, but the crystal was explained to have 'teleported' or 'shifted' by cooper."[break][break]

[break][break]

"similarly, the fragment we have in our possession seems to be able to shift in and out of existence. vanishing before reappearing in place." Hearing 's inquiry, she continues, a finger lifted as if to note his asking— and to request the slightest patience. "we believe that this primal energy can allow for the shifting of dimensions. preliminary tests using confiscated machines from the warfronts have revealed that this energy can create wormholes— but not to ultra space. we have no idea where."[break][break]

[break][break]

"the mural councilman silph found within meteor falls is not simply cave art. mossdeep space center has communicated to us the threat of an asteroid head toward our planet— but specifically, hoenn. among 2,000 currently known potentially hazardous asteroids, this asteroid, codenamed 99943 meteno, has not shown any signs of veering off course."[break][break]

[break][break]

"the public has not been informed of meteno yet, partially because we are holding out hope that it will drift away far enough to keep the impact event out of the realm of possibility. however, mossdeep has recommended we work out a prevention plan. should we be able to acquire enough primal energy, we may be able to warp the asteroid out of hoenn's way." A map of Hoenn appears on the screen with pinned, flashing markers. "primal energy has been detected in several locations, possibly left by groudon's retreat into the wilderness— or the crystal itself."[break][break]

Although it is not outright stated— the hunt is implied.

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS EXCLUSIVE EVENT introduces the "AQUA INTIATIVE," a program and task force that bands together the avatars of Hoenn. This thread will present your characters with a choice of joining the AQUA Initiative or not. Acceptance and declination will spell different possible plot points for your characters, so have fun with it![break][break][break]

still has time to make their decision— but they must post using liquid-time. There will be rewards for participating.[break][break]

There are no deadlines to post yet; however, will publish moderator posts when appropriate!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2021 16:35:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Though Thomas remained silent, his body language said it all. It was clear that the news of the ex-Champion's death had gotten to him. The only thing keeping him from pounding down on the table was his self-control. But after the talk was over, and after he let Kyle get some payback on him, he would be sure to pour one out for the fallen Champion. He was acquainted with her, having tested her in his Gym. His last memory of her was during the Battle of Mauville, where her Togekiss was injured after the Blacephalon exploded. Thomas managed to come in and give her Togekiss some much needed first aid, before it could be killed off.

And at the end of the battle, an attempt was made on her life.

The last encounter made Thomas question whether or not foul play was involved. If someone attempted to blow her up, then he couldn't rule out someone managing to somehow turn her Primal Energy against her. It was a wild guess, admittedly, but Thomas couldn't rule it out, not just yet.

Thomas payed close attention to what Dahlia had to say next. In particular, the part about the asteroid hurdling towards their world. 'One shitshow leads to another.', he thought to himself. The part about the public not being informed about the oncoming asteroid presented an ugly dilemma.

"Gonna be captain obvious here. Once people find out that there's an asteroid hurdling towards the planet, there will be mass panic. I suppose we're waiting til we have accumulated enough Primal Energy, or have some other ace in our sleeve? Of course, we wait too long, then a mole will send the info to Rocket for them to announce to the public themselves. Whatever we do, I'm positive that Rocket's gonna try to subvert our efforts for their own ends, perhaps attempt action of their own in order to take credit for averting this disaster. If their little presentation at the press conference is anything to go by.", he'd tell the group.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Rocket had an insider at the Space Center already feed them this intel.", he'd continue.

tags: @tag
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 2:34:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]huh... well, that's unexpected. she blinks, as if stunned by the inclusion. it takes a moment for the information to process, for the provided facts to be jotted down. primal energy, groudon, crystals, and meteors. god, as soon as she understands one point, another pops up out of left field.

her eyes slide to for a moment, head tilting as if asking permission. not to participate but to use the resources he has, to bleed silph co. dry of it's scientific department. curiously, she doesn't wait for an answer before shifting focus back to .

"does the crystal shift in response to the primal energy alone?" a finger rises to tap thoughtfully at pursed lips. "or is the molecular makeup unstable? i'd like to take a look any reports you have on the structure of its atoms before starting a hunt if possible." something about the connection baffles her, as if the lore doesn't quite match up to what she's read in worn books. the top of her to do list is not only pull out old tomes and pour herself into both those and the reports but also pick a certain councilman's brain about that mural...

she lets out a soft hum of consideration, plucking files of wormholes off dusty shelves in her mind and placing them at the forefront. the cause had been machines during the war and now, they're being used to study a crystal. ultra space is not the right destination, however, and that leaves her both curious and anxious. if not ultra space... then where?

groudon, crystal, dimensional travel. no matter which way she spins it, she's left puzzled and struggling to fill in the blanks.

"until we know where the crystal goes when it shifts out of this plane, it's safe to assume warping this meteor out of hoenn's path is out of the question." her eyes narrow, halfway between firm and matter-of-fact. while speaking, she pulls out her phone as if to snap a picture of the map for later use when it's time to begin the hunt. "last thing we need is to throw a meteor out of our path only to subject another region to it. if it were connected to ultra space, that'd be one thing but not knowing where it leads is trouble." her arms cross over her chest, then, and she glances toward and .

"where do you want to start?" it's already decided in her mind that she's going to end up at mossdeep to pluck what they know from their skulls before the question fully leaves her mouth but it's polite to ask. besides, they might find some use of her yet.

AQUA

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 9:36:58 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]momentarily, zenji's mind zoned out. the information given to the group brought up an old memory read within reports found deep within league's archives. it was only accessible to those donning authorization equal to that of a scientist or councilman. the constant mention of primal energy reminded him of the following reports that, too, held similar instances:

each of these instances were locations zenji chose to revisit. each location, some old and others recent, possessed light to strong readings based on the waveforms discovered that have slowly faded overtime. again, once asked by , he would look to the group, "recently councilman and i embarked on a assignment that involved the discovery of waveforms that possessed energies similar to ultra wormholes, but significantly different." the AUFWACHEN WAVEFORMS were what zenji chose to dub them as.

"i recently discovered some pretty interesting stuff regarding ultra beast, which made me curious." he'd look to , "i read old reports where 'primal energy' was involved, except we didn't know that it was considered primal energy until now. each of these events had some form of involvement in bringing about the power of primal energy into our world, or rather awakening this invisible source of power that may have existed before the birth of this region. so i did a bit of digging and revisited the locations of where these 'primal' instances occurred." each location zenji returned to involved him studying the reports for said location.

there were a few things that stood out for the professor. "this is only a theory, but a psychic-type pokemon may prove to be at a disadvantage. the waves emanated by these fragments may cause a distortion in their ability to produce the psychic energies a psychic-type pokemon needs for field purpose. meaning they may prove to be utterly useless in combat." but that didn't mean they were unusable, "those with the ability 'TELEPATHY' may be able to focus on the location of a specific fragment should we send a team to locate each one. there psychic moves may be distorted on execution, but they should have the innate ability to serve as a stronger indicator for the location of those fragments than a machine ever could. the closer we get the more a machine is bound to break or become confused by the energies emanating from multiple fragments, but a psychic-type? a far better metal detector, especially for something fading in and out of existence." even so, this was only a theory.

"a simple theory of course, hence why i'd like to go and hunt for a fragment or two instead. i will make it my mission to gather as many as i can and bring back the necessary amount needed." he'd look to with a half-smile, "i trust in and to take care of things while i'm away." she was a head scientist after all. three minds were better than two. "this primal energy sounds like it will be quite the reward worth hunting for."

note: i don't know what i wrote, let me just pretend that i'm smart and useful. it's 5AM, it may not make sense but fuck it. :hairywrists:

- zenji's goes on a spiel about primal energy and past reports.
- overall, he's decided to take to the field ( which he usually hates ) and wants to help find the fragments.
- made a suggestion, from what's happened in past events, to utilize psychic-type pokemon to a minimum due to the distortion of psychic-type moves being forced to go haywire. also thinks that they can be used, via the ability telepathy, to help hunt for fragments way better than a machine could.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 20:25:05 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
’s recognition of her request is met with a gentle nod of thanks from the doctor that was extended to her fellow Head Professor and as well. The more brains the merrier, that was her motto (well, one of many).

Dr. Morales finally takes a seat in one of the empty chairs at the end of the table as Dahlia continues with her presentation. This was already a lot to take in, and it seemed Dahlia was about to blast them with more startling information. Eva’ mind was already swimming with not only questions, but with a plethora of emotions. Imposter syndrome was creeping in as Dahlia’s gesture motioned towards herself and the two other scientists present. Green eyes flashed between the other two. A task like this would certainly be a team effort.

Rocks weren’t her specialty. Unless that rock was something like a Golem or Gigalith, her knowledge was . . . limited. Searching for the fragments or even understanding their energy wouldn’t be using her knowledge to the best of its abilities. On the contrary, understanding the effect the power had on the late Champion and the consequences of such power was something she could do.

All of this Ultra Space, anthropology, meteor stuff was way outside her wheelhouse but disturbing to hear, nonetheless. Her gaze shifted to as he spoke. Captain Obvious had a point. Really good point, “Yea, it’ll be press conference 2.0. I have no doubt Rocket will use this information if they’re privy to it,” you could sense the bitterness in her voice, the obvious disdain for the vermin that made up the organization, “We can’t give them more ammunition. Their little Kanto-stunt has already sowed seeds of doubt in the Hoenn people,”

Despite deeply enjoying field work, she was happy to leave the physics of understanding the crystal’s shards to . Still, she’d like to pick his brain before he tackled his mission of finding the shards. It seemed Zenji already had a strong understanding of this phenomenon. She’d help in any way she could, but he knew her limits when it came to expertise in the sciences. His experience with the energy might give her some clues for when she started reviewing the physiologic and pathologic effects of the energy.

“I don’t know how much help I’ll be when it comes to the physics of all this,” she admitted with a sigh, rubbing the back of her head. It was clear she was deep in thought, “It seems this is time sensitive,” it was an obvious undertone to Dahlia’s presentation that had yet to be verbally acknowledged. Divide and conquer perhaps? “How much time do we have?” her question was directed towards .

@aquainitiative

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 20:52:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] “…”

Fernando remains silent until each scientist speaks their piece. The spotlight falls on them, deservedly, considering how rare their talents are compared to the others present. Anyone can be a trainer but to show the discipline to endure years of education? There’s a reason he values them so highly.

Shay,” the quiet murmur of his Shaymin snaps his attention after ’s question.

It’s his turn.

Any follow-up on the meteor we found in Meteor Falls?” The comet dug up by General Smohke during the Three Day War was destroyed during their battle. From it, combatants such as were able to elevate their Pokemon to a higher degree. It almost seems reminiscent of the energies found on Mossdep. Almost.

That or the strange Pokemon that came out or word from General Smohke?

Fernando’s own trail on that Pokemon has long gone cold. Tracking it in the wake of the war was all but impossible considering more pressing matters. As for Smohke, last he hard she was being rehabilitated.

If Smohke is in stable condition I would love to discuss such matters with her myself. Our exchange was quite heated so I believe I have a bit of leverage on her due to some comments she made.

His eyes meet ’s in a fleeting glance but he passes no message between them. He’ll talk to her after.

AQUA INITIATIVE

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]