he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Follies of Youth [EVENT]
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 15:23:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
As Hideo casually played with the weird metal, he raised an eyebrow at ’s explanation. “Well...yeah? They’re people, so eating people makes them cannibals, right?” As far as Hideo knew, they were just some weird cult. He had no idea they were actually aliens; nobody told him that much. “Guess that means they may be somewhere around here though. So we gotta be careful.

His attention was once again taken by and ’s discussion about ’s picture, which was one of the Tapu. A little bit of envy reached his heart as he wished he could’ve stuck around to fight it too - maybe even get a chance to be its avatar. “Well, if it’s with Zac, then either he ain’t the culprit - or Zac’s been through here. But I think someone would’ve known if Zac-

He paused as he groped through the air. He’d still been tossing that metal around and catching it as he spoke - until it didn’t come back down. He’d assumed it dropped onto the ground quietly, until Doug whistled - and advised caution. “Fiiiiine,” Hideo said, though it was more of a sigh than speaking; he’d wanted to take that home with him, even if he hadn’t thought through how he’d carry it.

As for ’s warning, Hideo just shrugged. “We just gotta stay on guard. I’m sure all of us together can take down whatever did all this.” Helped that he was confident in the strength of his team, and in the people here he knew.

Once Andy’s Rotom had found a set of tracks, Hideo approached, letting Rocky once again look for a scent. Once he felt Rocky’s tail brush against his leg, he knew it was good. “Rocky’s got something!” Hideo said, patting his Lycanroc on the back. “Alright, Rocky, lead the way!

So even once the tracks became too difficult to read, Rocky could lead the way, his nose glowing as his Odor Sleuth guided him along.

Hideo would likely be the first person to notice the...unfortunate scent lingering through the air. “Ugh...this reeks,” he said, cringing as the scent became stronger and stronger. “Smells like spoiled meat.” It was the only comparison he could think of; he’d never smelled a dead body before.

By the time they got close to the source, it had gotten so bad that he had to pinch his nose shut. Which kept his nausea from getting too rough. Judging by Andy’s reaction, it wasn’t a pretty sight. “What...what is it?” he asked - though he wasn’t sure if he really wanted to know what made such an awful smell.

What he could tell was that Rocky was walking away from it - and blocking him from getting any closer.

Rocky catches the scent and helps lead everyone.
Hideo soon catches it too - and doesn't like it.
Rocky is preventing Hideo from getting too close to the pile.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 18:42:31 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rolling-contain"]
[attr="class","rolling-header"]
[attr="class","rolling-team"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]The fresher set of footprints revealed that it was from the same pokemon, and Ruby simply began to scratch her head in thought. What Pokemon had mismatched feet? None that she could have immediately thought of, and it seemed the Rotom Pokedex couldn't think of anything either. This was getting weirder and weirder, that much was for sure. She'd snap a photo of the footprints before continuing on with the rest of the group, there was something... familiar about this. [break][break]

As the terrain changed, Ruby became a lot more careful where she placed her feet. Her two psychic pokemon by her side floated and could hold her or someone else to safety if need be, but there was no reason to risk falling into one of the fissures around here. At least, not if they could help it. [break][break]

And then the smell came, the pungent reek of death was all too familiar. There had been many bodies after the battle during Meteor Falls had come to an end, and she had spent even more time among them trying to ensure anyone who had a chance of living actually survived. It was almost uncomfortable how it smelled, just even worse than the war. As soon as they approached and found the source of the scent, Ruby stared in silent horror. [break][break]

"T-they..." She gulped, turning to look at . The poor blind boy, having no idea what they stumbled across. Her attention then turned to and , the other two youngest members of their group. There was, unfortunately, no saving their noses from this hell, but that didn't mean she had to let these kids suffer the traumatic sight any longer. Suddenly standing up straight, Ruby spoke out loud in as confident a tone as she could. "Alright, everyone back up. Now. This is too much."[break][break]

She was intending for her Pokemon to assist in her gently pushing people back, but they seemed only further on edge, staring in a general direction. Something was out there, something that had slain countless megalopolans, something that was actively going out of its way to fight.[break][break]

The realization hit her like a brick wall. The mismatched footprints, the 'rocks', the Megalopolan corpses. She knew what they were up against. [break][break]

She had never known the proper name for the pokemon, but she had witnessed it many times. Their helmets shattered during the war as they turned on their trainers because of the Megalopolans, fighting to kill. The only thing she really knew about them was they were exceptionally good at fighting Ultra Beasts. Her friend Annie had one during New Years'...[break][break]

Oh god, .[break][break]

The secondary revelation hit her even harder and Ruby genuinely looked unstable on her feet for a second. had been an incredibly talented trainer for her age, almost certainly even more than herself. Her pokemon had slain her, presumably when the others also unfortunately temporarily turned during the war. She had already mourned for her friend, but it hit her just as hard all over again.[break][break]

She loved that Pokemon, as much as any girl could have. Ruby had no way of knowing if it was the same Pokemon or not, but somewhere in her heart, she was sure of it. She had never seen the specific Pokemon in the wild before, and there was only one she knew was unaccounted for. "Frankie," Ruby whispered quietly, the name of 's Pokemon coming back to her. What a terrible fate, forced to slay the trainer who loved you, no wonder so many Megalopolans lay dead. That poor boy...[break][break]

Literally sensing Ruby's distress, Whisper shifted a tentacle arm over towards their trainer, placing it around their shoulder in a replica of a hug. With a quiet sigh, Ruby spoke up again. "I-I'm, I'm not sure, but I think I know what caused this. If I'm right, he has mismatched feet and a large frill on the back of his head. I don't know the name of the Pokemon type, but I know what it's capable of."[break][break]

"And we should be very cautious, if it's been fighting, it's been fighting things just as dangerous as it. My pokemon sense something, I'm going to follow... And leave this specific place for the officers to handle. There's nothing for us to do here. I'm not going to force you guys to join me after a sight like this, but I can't leave not knowing. This is personal. I think it's... hurting."
[break][break]
[attr="class","rolling-divide"]
[break]

notes Ruby presumes the pokemon they are on the trails of is Frankie, 's old Type:Null.

[break]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#B8D9EC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 18:59:07 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

It was a try, at least.

“Alright, alright, I know when the hell I’m outnumbered,” he said as he held his hands up before looking over to where Luxu and his Croconaw were now idling, both Pokémon sniffing the air.

They lingered at their present location for a few more moments before moving forward—this time the terrain becoming outright dangerous in places.

Shit, someone could slip and fall if they’re not fuckin’ careful! He thought as he then began to use his arms to keep his balance as he cut a path through the rocky terrain; his Pokémon following behind him.

He then recalled the Croconaw as it was having some trouble climbing with its pudgy arms; although Luxu still remained out on the field—her being agile and knowledgeable of scaling rocks proved to be a boon for the Salazzle.

It didn’t take long for the noxious stench to hit him in the face, literally.

Even his Salazzle was making a face the further onwards they trekked, before some of the other Pokémon began reacting strangely and began leading the others away from it.

However, Arashi had smelled something like this before… and it was too familiar to him, making him zone out for a few moments as he recalled what it reminded him of.

His Salazzle hissed and spat at the rocks ahead of her, before turning around and attempting to guide the pink-haired young woman back () and away from what she’d scented.

If anyone would notice, Arashi had zoned out, because in his ears, in the back of his mind—he could hear the screaming. The crackling of flames hotter than anything else.

The putrid scent of burned—

“Luxu?” he said, breathing out the moment he caught sight of the Salazzle staring at him with concern in her gaze.

“…I don’t know,” he muttered a few moments later.

One of them had compared the stench to that of rotten meat, and truth be told he wasn’t far away from the truth. He then moved over and attempted to pull back as well, helping out the younger boy’s Pokémon in the process.

“It’s—nothing you should worry about too much,” he white lied through his teeth.

Yikes.

• Salazzle is idle.
• Arashi spaced out for a bit there. The stench of death reminded him of something that happened to him back in Enju, hence why he spaced out for a bit.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 19:02:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He should have put a stop to everything the moment the foul, familiar stench reached his nose.

One hand fell over 's shoulder, the other extending to block ' path, his expression darkening as he peered into the corpse filled pool below.

"Nothing good." He said simply, not bothering with following up 's words. He knew Hideo would see through any poor lie, in these circumstances. Vagueness was better.

He dragged his gaze away from the well to .

"This ain't no place for kids." He said bluntly, gesturing to both Hideo and Eris with his neck before nodding at 's words. "Yeah. We gotta go back. Now."

If the sheer sheer quantity of corpses alone was not alarming enough, the fact that there were Megalopolans among them certainly did not help.

None of these had been consumed as meals; they had been killed, and promptly brought here. Like a Serial Killer's dumping grounds.

Pokemon or whatever it was, he didn't care if it was bloody rare; he wasn't willing to put any life but his own at risk for a sweet catch.

Unfortunately, Ruby's good sense, much like Doug's didn't seem to extend towards her own safety.

"Absolutely not." Doug barked immediately after, brow falling low.

Her description alone was plenty to jog his memory of the military reports of the 3 day War. He was beginning to get a somewhat flimsy idea of what she spoke of.

Letting anyone go alone seemed like a terrible idea.

"I'm one of 'em Officers." Doug said bluntly, reaching into his jacket to produce his league ID. "And even if I weren't, I can't just knowingly let anyone chase after one of those monsters, or anything else that could do all this. This ain't a fight anyone should pick alone, even the Saint o' Slateport."

himself could have been here and Doug would still have suggested to at least bring somebody else along.

Which created a problem.

He was fairly sure he wouldn't be convincing Ruby to come back with them. But he could not in good conscience leave her alone. He could not send Hideo and Eris back home alone either, however.

So it seemed like they weren't going anywhere after all.

The youth grasped the bridge of his nose, teeth biting hard onto his cheek.

"Everyone." He said, grasping the rest of his net balls. If they were gonna do this stupid ass thing... might as well do it as tactically sound as possible. "All battle-ready pokemon, out.

And there were very few tactics as effective as simply vastly outnumbering the enemy.

As his Orbeetle came out of his ball, Doug met his gaze, nodding sharply.

"Garo, Radar. Now." He said. A six miles radius radar would serve them well- at the very least, it would prevent any further surprises.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 20:26:13 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
, , , , , [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
o h[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
SMOL GANG

What are you getting yourself into? What exactly does it mean when her senses heighten at the possibility of danger lurking in their surroundings, a breath hitched in her throat as she presses her back against Reiner's side. And yet, nothing about this has screamed loud enough to warrant a full on fight or flight response. In fact, she's still a little hopeful that their outing can be turned into a memory to be kept forever.
[break][break]
But Death is smelled before it is even seen, of rotting flesh and blackened bones, melting sinews that hang limp from the skeleton as maggots inch and crawl throughout the corpse. Though weak, the stench hits her like a truck, her skin turning paler with every second that passes as she clutches tighter onto Reiner's fur. Her feet feel like they aren't her own, her movements growing jerkier with every step and eventually forcing the Luxray to pick her up and place her on his back just to ensure that they can keep up with the group.
[break][break]
Let's stop. Let's not go any further. The pleas are stuck tight in her throat, an unnatural silence falling over her as she averts her gaze to the ground. But it's almost as if she who has defied the wishes of Death is drawn to its very presence, a parasite desperately squirming and digging deep into the burrows of her heart as shortened breaths lead to a coughing fit. And yet, the body's instinct to help her breathe only makes it worse, the stench of a melting soup sinking deep into her consciousness.
[break][break]
It's better to know what you're dealing with than letting the imagination run wild.
[break][break]
Despite 's instructions and 's interference, Reiner is light on his feet, quick to brush away their warnings even as he winces at the action of pushing forward itself. And the duo, however short of a time allowed, manage to snatch a glimpse of what exactly waits for them - A garden of gradual decay sunken into the ground, unidentifiable and unfamiliar creatures drowning within the sludge as the memories begin to surge.
[break][break]
"Oh." She breathes.
[break][break]
Then, she retches. A clear sign for Reiner to drag her back to the others without another moment of hesitation. And he knows exactly what it is that she seeks with those unsteady hands, that unfocused gaze that sees everything but registers nothing in her presence - is the first to be approached, the Luxray gently brushing past his torso as he lets out a shaky growl. Eris is no better off, unmistakably pale and struggling to breathe as her eyes begin to shimmer with a torrent of emotions.
[break][break]
There are no words spoken, only trembling hands reaching to grasp at his sleeves as she buries her face into his clothes.
[break][break]
No one's waiting for you, it whispers. There's no one left.
[break][break]
Bodies strewn over an open field, limbs forcefully ripped off as half the torso is buried in a deep trench... Voices calling out to her, begging for her to find them help whilst flesh drips off their bony fingertips...
[break][break]
No part of her is here to listen to the command of readying themselves for battle, no part of her wants to be here any longer. If anything, she just wants to hear 's voice again.
[break]
[break]
Tl;dr -[break]
Eris and Reiner get a peek at the death pool[break]

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 0:10:20 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
''Quite the contrary.'' He said from under his sleeve, countermanding both Doug and Arashi's obfuscating answers to . ''Something's been doing the gods' work.'' While he had no doubt their quarry was dangerous, their seemingly shared hatred of megalopolans was a big plus in his book. And hadn't he seen Giratina originally at the tail end of the Mauville conflict?
[break][break]
Perhaps it too had no love for them, a prospect that made his love for it all the more.
[break][break]
Doug's demand to leave immediately bounced impotently off of his back like rain against stone. He was close. Andy couldn't abandon the hunt now. There was something here, and in his mind there were few possibilities beyond the ghost lord he sought. Before he can argue however, surprisingly had a desire to continue, a crusade of her own.
[break][break]
Unmoving, despite the pleas, he didn't even turn as he listened to her spiel, chocolate eyes studying the collection of fallen enemies, a lovely garden save for the unfortunate pokemon. He didn't recognize the name she spoke, nor the description. Buzzer listened with keen interest, eager to learn more about an unknown pokemon.
[break][break]
The Galarian didn't want to believe it. What she described was nothing like the Giratina he had seen. While interesting on its own, it wasn't what he was looking for. The potential reality of the situation ignited a slow burning rage that his stubbornness easily gorged itself on. No protest would divert him from his path now, even if it led to oblivion.
[break][break]
''Saint of Slateport, eh?'' His pointless query came after 's predictable argument to bail out now. ''I'm with you all the way, lass.'' Rather it was from those words, or through his own reasoning, the sole League representative came around to the idea of the pursuit. Turning, his arm-covered face likely hid his smile.
[break][break]
Granted it disappeared at the sight of 's vomiting.
[break][break]
''At least if we keep moving we won't have to smell this bloody trash anymore.'' Free hand fishing one pokeball, then the next, a dhelmise came to tower over the group before a centiskorch joined it. His gengar trailed like white smoke from his shadow before he came to exist with the other two. He was eager to pit them against their potential wrathful, murderous pokemon.
[break][break]
Were it not Giratina, of course.
[break][break]
At 's command, Garo's radar would confirm what 's pokemon likely already knew. Something lurked within the cave at the top of the hill. It was an obvious lair among the rest of the terrain, and plenty of footprints, bloody and otherwise led towards it. It wouldn't take an expert gumshoe to figure it out.
[break][break]
''Ladies, gentlemen, undead spirits, shall we?'' There was an unnerving calm about him as he led the way to the cave. He was thirteen. He was immortal. ''Master Blackadder, Andy, this course of action is ill-advised.'' Just as any other objection, it did little to deter him. Even Incandescent and Skylar's uneasy stares at the collection of corpses couldn't.
[break][break]
''So is your bitching. Now help Inca light the way.'' Climbing with some shaky footing due to the blood slicked mud and loose gravel, Andy reached the mouth of the rocky entrance and peered into the darkness. What lurked in this abyss? ''Inca, Buzz, up front.'' Marching forward, the centiskorch and hovering pokedex up front, and gengar and dhelmise in the back, only the thinnest tinge of doubt and fear chilled him.
[break][break]
The light cast quickly revealed stalagmites hanging from the cave's ceiling, many broken and laying upon the cave floor. Adding to the occasional tangle of shattered stone, the fissures within the cave floor led deep into the earth, the light cast from the pokemon only revealing a threatening darkness. Any who fell within likely stood a great chance of perishing.
[break][break]
''Mind your footing. Treacherous as fuck in here.'' A growing rhythmic noise that punctuated their collective footsteps grew and become the unmistakable echo of a breaths within. Andy's spine tingled. Something was here. But was it who he sought? Giratina? Is this your lair you sneaky cunt? The intrigue overpowered his fear.
[break][break]
It drove him forward.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

, , , ,

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

[attr="class","silpc-pkmn-img"]

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/R6QKXKQ.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 14:35:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

For how little thinks of the League and presumably its military, it was only the cumulation of both military discipline and strategy that kept Doug from reaching over and slapping the shorter youth upside the head.

He really didn't have it in him to deal with that kind of talk at this moment.

"Moving on." He practically hissed, rather close to becoming the drill sergeant his soldiers knew he could be, even as he gently tried to lead away from the... everything with both and Rocky.

He didn't really have time to issue further orders, however. At that moment, retched, making the youth flinch.

For whatever reason, her Luxray deemed him the one person to deal with it- which honestly, was another thing entirely from trying to keep Hideo away.

Doug didn't have good coping mechanisms for himself; how was he supposed help someone else?

As Eris grabbed at his shirt with shaky hands and a wheeze breaths however, he realized it didn't matter. He dropped onto a crouch before her, wrapping his arms around her waist before gently picking her up and off the floor.

Eleven years old was a bit on the old side to be carried around by your parents- but Doug had youth and strength both, and willingness to help.

"I've gotcha..." He muttered lowly to her, hugging her close to him; the words came to him like distant memories. Someone had said them to him before, perhaps many times. "I've gotcha."

This little get out was turning out into exactly the opposite of what they had all hoped. Well... almost all of them.

Andy was a little too excited and eager for it to all be coincidental.

Garo glanced at him and nodded towards the caverns over the hill, and with Andy already marching forth and determined to see things through, Doug knew there wasn't much he could do without antagonizing them both.

And he couldn't just leave them alone.

So he would do his best to keep them all alive.

"Keep one pokemon next to you. Have the rest form up in front of us in an arrow formation, please." Doug said; going into military jargon and specific tactics and formations would just confuse those without the knowledge. Best to keep it simple. "Flying pokemon, above us."

His Scizor, Ultra, for his part, took place between Hideo and Doug, trusting Garo to command him to defend before anything got too close.

Asura the Ledian part into the arrow formation, cracking all four of his knuckles with uncharacteristic seriousness, teeth grit behind his maw as he glared up at the hill.

And Glasgow the Dustox flew above them, making an effort to keep his scales to himself for now.

Garo stood behind the arrow formation proper, eyes gleaming.

There was no point in covering their behind for now; if there was any danger coming from behind, Garo would have detected it. As things were now, it was best to concentrate their forces.

Instructions given, he walked forth, Eris in his arms, making an attempt to make the trip gentle and steady for her while still muttering gentle words.

As Andy was keen to point out, the cavern was treacherous, with dangerous stalagmites and stalactites growing out from both floor and ceiling, and massive craigs and fissures running through the floors. The darkness did not help matters either.

"Garo." Doug said suddenly, to which the pokemon suddenly connected with every person and pokemon properly. "Keep us alerted."

They all got something akin to a nod in the back of their minds- as well as warnings for many of the obstacles within their vicinity.

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 19:42:40 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

The downside of witnessing—well, more like getting hit with a wall of stench—was the fact that Arashi had literally spaced out.

Maybe nobody had noticed because his Salazzle was quick to move and throw their attention off from him.

Inside his mind, however, the images were starting to form, unbidden, yet again.

He barely registered the fact that one of their youngest had thrown up at the stench of the dead…bodies. He didn’t want to know how many were there, fact of the matter was that he could hear the crackling, snapping noise once more in his head, getting louder and louder—

And then, the screaming started again.

It wasn’t Arashi who was screaming out loud, though.

It was the result of the stench of death bringing him back to Enju, to where he used to live with his family, to where his younger siblings had gotten caught in the flames—

Where he’d been valiantly shoved out of the way by Kazuko, only for the younger boy to get crushed by a collapsing wooden beam. Of how he’d been hauled out, only for him to go back inside and attempt to rescue Demiyah, sister, what the fuck was happening—why weren’t you moving from underneath that flaming rubble, had you already given up?!

Not until he felt something literally bump into him did the mental scenes unfolding in his mind come to an unceremonious stop.

“A—alright,” he said quietly, summoning the rest of his team—well, the rest that wasn’t his Croconaw at least.

Out came the Golurk and the Decidueye—the dual-type deciding to perch near the spot where he would normally ride whenever Arashi would fly around on the Golurk.

“S-Stay at the back, keep an eye out,” he continued, regaining his composure as the Salazzle stayed near him.

He followed them into the yawning darkness of the cave—because what else was there?

• Arashi spaced out again, the smell is too much for him to take.
cue the fucking PTSD
• Arashi is jarred out of the private reverie when everyone else starts moving.
• Golurk and Decidueye join Salazzle on the field!
• Golurk and Decidueye take up the rear guard, while Salazzle stays with Arashi.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 22:46:24 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Though he didn't want to think about it, his attempts to push away the thoughts only made him think harder about it. And though nobody outright said it, Hideo had been fairly experienced reading between the lines of what people said.

and tried to avoid saying it, but their physical and verbal attempts to move him away told him everything. And even if they'd chosen silence, 's speech spelled it out for him. He knew exactly what he was smelling, even as he pinched his nose as hard as he could pinch.

He did not resist as Rocky, Arashi, and Doug moved him away. He wanted to get away from those Pokemon bodies as soon as possible - as far as he was aware, they were only Pokemon bodies.

Which was why he was all the more disgusted when celebrated it. Like those Pokemon deserved to get slaughtered and thrown in a ditch. "What the fuck, Andy?" he muttered - likely only to be heard by Arashi and Doug. He meant to be louder, but he was still struggling to not vomit.

A battle it sounded like lost. Hideo didn't have the spare energy to comfort her. He just wanted to get away from all this.

He didn't even think to argue with Doug's orders. Hideo had to put his cane away for a moment as he took out his Ribombee first, the little pink bug fluttering in the air for all if a second before covering his nose and looking back to what was making such an awful smell. His lazy eyes opened wide as he saw the source. "Pinky, could you...please just make this smell less awful."

Pinky nodded, dusting everyone with a light spray of pollen. His Aromatherapy would be like trying to use an air freshener - it wouldn't get rid of the stench of rot, but it would make it somewhat more bearable and alleviate some of his trainer's nausea - and hopefully Eris's as well.

Hideo then let his Aggron and Ambipom out in quick succession. Aaron didn't react to the stench, but Pom had to cover her nose immediately with her arms.

Hideo could speak a little better, though he couldn't talk for long. "Rocky, I'll have Pom...stick with me. You and...Aaron go up front, ok?" His Lycanroc looked up at him, then at Pom, who took a hold of Hideo's free hand with one of her tails.

Rocky and Aaron both advanced forward, though everyone else would see that Rocky was walking halfway between the much-larger Pokemon and their mutual trainer. Pinky, who Hideo forgot to order, simply took a spot on Hideo's head, dusting the boy's hair with more pollen and using that as a makeshift barrier from the stench. "And Pom...let me know when we're far enough that the smell is...gone."

It wouldn't be until they were at the cave that Pom would follow through with that request, pulling away the hand Hideo had been using to plug his nose up to that point. His nose was red from the force he'd used, but that hardly mattered.  He could still smell it, even a little bit - though that was just in his head.

It took a grand total of one second and hearing Andy's voice echo for Hideo to realize where they were. Hideo retrieved his cane once more, re-extending it. "We should be careful, but Rocky's really good at moving through places like these," he said, immediately surveying the area around him.

It was funny that he might've been one of the people in the group best equipped to traverse a dark cave; Rocky was exceptional at removing debris, and his own tapping cane would help him notice anything Andy's lights didn't immediately reveal.

And anything too big, his Aggron could just move out of the way. Or crush under his heavy, metal feet.

Hideo's Ribombee uses Aromatherapy to try and make the smell somewhat bearable.
Hideo's Ribombee and Ambipom stay with him.  His Aggron takes point, while his Lycanroc is staying relatively close to his trainer (despite Hideo's order).
Hideo and his Lycanroc (and his Aggron) help make traversal through the cave safer.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 15:38:19 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
, , , , [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
o h[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
through the looking glass

You know the pain has sunken deep in when you begin to see things that aren't even there, hear things that other's can't seem to and drown in a multitude of senses that you simply beg for them to shut up.
[break][break]
For Eris, she's lost in her own hell, stuck back in the fiery wastelands even as the fabric she clutches onto remind her that she's nowhere near. A second, she's listening to the screams of crazed men as they sharpen their broken knifes. A blink and she's breathing in a vaguely familiar yet hard to place, sweet scent, one that reminds her of a past long forgotten but also grounds her partially in reality.
[break][break]
There is comfort found in the gentle swaying steps of , the tiniest of whimpers forcefully silenced as she reminds herself of how much trouble she's already caused. Or at least, tries to with whatever shred of logic she still possesses.
[break][break]
Seeing as to how his ward is out of commission, Reiner begins to act on his own, emitting a glow of his own as electricity ripples through his fur. Whilst Inca and Buzz are busy leading the way ahead, he chooses to remain close to the back, shedding light over as many surfaces as he can possible manage. His gaze is focused but seem oh so distant. Perhaps, from the instinctive usage of his x-ray vision to scan the cave for any imminent threats that lurk in unseen corners.
[break][break]
Whatever it is that wishes to find, it had better be worth the unease that had gripped the rest of the kids.
[break]
[break][break]
Tl;dr -[break]
Reiner's adding to the light fiesta as best as he can while Eris is somehow still dissociating

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 4:48:59 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rolling-contain"]
[attr="class","rolling-header"]
[attr="class","rolling-team"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Ruby had been expecting many reactions, although 's reaction was not one of them. She had suspicions he was an official with the League since the beginning of the journey, and him dropping her title so obviously meant he knew exactly who she was as well. He seemed so against this idea of hers, and yet he tossed out all his pokemon in the end, ready for battle. She would argue in response, ask him to get everyone to safety, but only if she suspected it would work. There was no separating everyone now, it seemed. They were all in it together, for better or for worse.[break][break]

Everyone else seemed to be handling it in their own unique ways. seemed to actually be losing herself, and Ruby felt nothing but pure sorrow and hurt for the young girl. She was too young to witness the horrors of war, too. He was blind, but the smell she imagined wasn't anything that would be forgotten easily. And then, 's reaction did nothing but infuriate her. Doing the gods' work? Just how old was he to imagine countless death of anyone was acceptable? She bet a few of those Megalopolans probably thought endless human corpses were doing their own gods' work too. [break][break]

Ruby had to take a deep breath to try and calm herself down. It would be all too easy to just force the group to turn around, remove her support and encourage everyone to leave, including her. She didn't want the child's selfish support, he only wanted another weapon. And yet... she couldn't leave without knowing Frankie's fate. Her heart yearned to comfort the soul of the poor pokemon, regardless of what had occurred. Was it really worth it? Honestly, she didn't know.[break][break]

She was thankful seemed so organized as he was, taking command. Heavens knew she wouldn't be the one yelling out commands, anyways. Looking over at Grace, the Gardevoir simply nodded as it contacts Amor up above. The Shadow Togekiss quickly flew down above the group. A visible, aggressive expression on its face as it readied itself for combat.[break][break]

As they walked, Ruby sent out her last pokemon. Darling the Indeedee wasn't the most offensive pokemon, but her support could only prove beneficial. Perhaps, in more ways than one. There was a young girl struggling, and this babysitter would do what she could. Trusting in her pokemon, Ruby pressed forwards, attempting to take near the lead as Darling walked back over towards being carried by , her arms open already. She might be small, but she was visibly making the offer for her to carry open, should it be desired. He might need his arms in the danger up ahead and she was stronger than she appeared.[break][break]

As they walked into the mouth of a cave, carefully stepping forwards, Ruby quietly commanded her pokemon. "Whisper, Calm Mind, get ready to defend. Grace, use Future Sight, steer us towards safety." Whisper's own eyes would close for a second, and so would Grace's as they both followed their trainer's command. [break][break]

Eventually, breathing could be heard in an echo and Ruby froze in her tracks. She so badly wanted to call out Frankie's name, but... was it even Frankie? Would he even recognize that name anymore? Whatever the case was, Amor the Togekiss was actively attempting to sense for Ultra Beasts with its aura abilities, visibly ready for conflict. Perhaps, almost a bit too eager.

[break][break]
[attr="class","rolling-divide"]
[break]

notes Shadow Togekiss flies down close to the group and attempts to sense UBs and UB shadow pokemon. Hatterene uses Calm Mind. Gardevoir uses Future Sight, in an attempt to predict the future. Indeedee seeks to calm the heart of a precious child.

[break]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#B8D9EC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,007 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 4:55:43 GMT
shiv Avatar

FOLLIES OF YOUTH

YOUTH LEGENDARY POKEMON HUNT!!1!

AS LIGHT IS SHONE INTO THE FESTERING CAVE thanks to Eris' Luxray, more and more of the horror comes into view. Viscera smothers and stains stone so much that its original hue can not be discerned. The stench of rot is made easier to bear thanks to an AROMATHERAPY. While and 's Pokemon advance cautiously with their trainers, the glowing light of 's Centiskorch provides warmth against the chilling sights.

A FUTURE SIGHT offers a very vague, very dark vision of the future. At least one possibility at least. The Gardevoir can hear screams. Feel and smell spilled blood. Further darkness.

Suddenly, 's Orbeetle alerts the group of something ahead. 's Togekiss too, detects something— but it is different than an Ultra Beast, or similar to one at least; however, there is some similarity... The Luxray's light is reflected ever so briefly by something in the dark. Gems, was it? A shard of glass? No, two canine eyes.

And as the group comes to swift realization of the danger in, they all realize that their hunt has been "successful." From the abyss, a legendary Pokemon stained red lashes out. Its helmet, chipped and caked in human rust, glows as it roars. is right. For she realizes it is Frankie, the Type: Null.

Still frenzied by Jules Cotillard's machine, the creature attacks relentlessly. TRI ATTACKS are whipped from the crest of its head, striking anything it hits with impossible ferocity. But its moves are calculated. It attempts to hunt the weakest looking or youngest human— doing all it can to separate it from the rest.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 18:29:27 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
The pleasant scent of aromatherapy makes their gory spelunking experience a little odd, but the Galarian was thankful for it all the same. The peering intrusion of telepathy was more unwelcome, a sensation he hadn't well felt since Mauville.
[break][break]
While not an outright mind probe, it was a discomfort that dampened his determination, a determination he hoped would trickle to the others through that same link. As a powerful presence sets their detective abilities alight, it only causes Andy's pace to quicken.
[break][break]
When the glowing gaze of their prey strikes out from the darkness, he halts.
[break][break]
You're not Giratina...! As it rises from the darkness, the gravity of reality sets it, and what a totem of gore and rage it is. had been right on her theory about what they had stumbled over. Frustration overpowered his fear, likely all betrayed to his compatriots, linked as they were. Foiled again! Given the grim visage revealed by their light, one didn't need to be a psychic type to see what was coming.
[break][break]
''Master Blackadder, Andy-'' A poof of smoke emitted from the centiskorch's smokescreen choked the area around the life of the search party as the pokemon forcefully ushered his ward out of the way of the monster's initial blitzkrieg. ''Gah!'' The hard stones of the cave floor provided little cushion.
[break][break]
''Skylar, discourage this fuck!'' A confusing array of colors and sounds engulfed the head of the group as the smoke intermingled with the glowing form of the centiskotch and the misty presence of the gengar, reflecting the light from other party pokemon besides. The deafening crash of a steel worker enhanced anchor shot likely drown out much else.
[break][break]
Blasting through the cave, the anchor cleaving through stone on the end of its chain and hopefully torpedoing into the side of their aggressor. The assault left stalagmites tumbling from the ceiling, dirt and dust to fill the air, the light emitted by the group glistening off the minerals flakes that wafted through the air. Struggling to his feet, Andy attempted to pierce the visual quagmire in vain.
[break][break]
Shit! Maybe anchor shot's a bad idea in here...
[break][break]
-centiskorch uses smokescreen + physical encouragement on andy
[break]
-dhelmise uses anchor shot on the type:null, empowered by steel worker
[break]
-the cave is damaged regardless of a hit

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

, , , ,

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/R6QKXKQ.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 14:03:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo wasn’t sure how long they’d been walking through the cave; it was hard to keep track of time when you wanted the past hour as far away as possible. It was long enough that the scent of corpses was completely gone from his senses - though he wasn’t sure if it would ever leave his memories. He kept moving forward, tapping along the cold rock, keeping his footing as his Ambipom guided him along.

But this stillness couldn’t last. Hideo’s Ambipom stopped him as his Lycanroc and Aggron readied themselves. That roar announced they’d found something, whether they wanted to or not.

And almost immediately, Hideo found himself pushed to the ground, courtesy of his Ambipom. He could feel the beam of fire whiz by. There was no doubt that beam was meant to hit him. It wasn’t the first time a Pokemon ever tried to attack him directly, but he knew the few that did were particularly bloodthirsty. Probably the one that left that pile…

It was best that his Pokemon were trained to be more independent, to focus on keeping Hideo safe first. Pom helped Hideo get back up, but immediately pulled him around to avoid more attacks.

While most of his Pokemon didn’t immediately realize it, Rocky was able to catch on to how these attacks were being aimed; he could see Hideo steadily being separated from the others. Whether it was deliberate or not, Rocky had to put a stop to it asap. He went with the most direction action: charging straight at the Type:Null, his body glowing with an Accelerock.

Meanwhile, Hideo’s Aggron focused more on the defense, not wanting his trainer to be at risk of getting picked off by another Tri-attack. He took advantage of some of the stalagmites ’s Dhelmise knocked down, lifting them up with a Rock Tomb and tossing them back. They’d form some cover for Hideo and anyone else near him, to keep them from being struck by any other projectiles.

The moment the rocks landed, Pom was on it, guiding Hideo behind them.

Hideo starts getting separated from the group by the Type:Null's attacks, and is disoriented.
Hideo's Lycanroc is charging at the Type:Null via Accelerock
Hideo's Aggron creates some cover for Hideo (and anyone near him) via a Rock Tomb
Hideo's Ambipom is helping guide him around and into cover

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 18:02:53 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
was going through a lot, and Doug didn't want her to think he was giving up on her, even for a second. Both and her Indeedee recieved a gentle shake of the head in reply, though he did gesture for both to stick close if possible.

A good idea, as it turned out. The deeper they go into the caverns, the more vile their surroundings become, threatening to make vile rise to his throat.

There's the gore of war he's acquainted with, and then there's the savagery that covers every surface of these caverns in viscera. Were it not for the danger that lurk within it, darkness alone would have been preferable to awareness of the ugly reality.

Then the monster responsible for all made itself known.

It was just as Ruby had assumed. The first time Doug had seen such a creature, it had been on a blurry picture on the papers. The second time he had seen it, it was on a far clearer war photograph, within one of the many reports of the Three Day War.

His grip on Eris grew more firm as they all faced this mankiller, his brow furrowing tensely. This was not a job for a bunch of kids. His best judgement said they should've called the League; they were here alone for no reason other than peer pressure.

But that something he could think about later.

Its attacks are wild and ferocious, but Doug had ordered them to make a bloody formation for a reason. From above, Glasgow swoops down and casts a barrier before the children, Protecting them from harm.

The monster is nothing if not stubborn however, attacking in such manner that threatens to pull them all apart. It's attacks are focused however, in a certain way.

One that prickles at Doug's fury, when he realizes has somehow managed to slip out of formation.

"Maintain formation! Begin moving towards Hideo!" Ordered Doug at the entire group, snarling at the creature before them.

A mental order was issued; Ultra was to stay alert within Hideo's reach, eyes on their prey. Should it attempt to capitalize, he was to intercept- as brutally as needed.

Asura was to join the offensive.

"Everyone! Target its helmet!" Ordered Doug, the reports of the war still fresh in his mind.

Ultra moved to protect Hideo and Pom, standing directly between them and the monster's possible line of sight, while Asura zoomed across the room at mach speed, popping onto the monster's flank as Rocky appeared on the other side, all 4 iron fists launching at sonic speed towards the metal box.

-Doug keeps hold of Eris, suggests Ruby and Indeedee stick close.
-Glasgow the Dustox uses Protect to shield the group from the initial onslaught.
-Orders everyone to maintain formation while moving towards Hideo.
-Tells everyone to target the helmet box.
-Orders Ultra the Scizor to serve as a bulwark towards Hideo.
-Orders Asura the Ledian to use Mach Punch on the monster's head-box.