Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
EXCURSION: SEASIDE CYCLING ROAD
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 1:59:48 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

This place was getting more crowded by the minute. And there was a lot going on. People were talking about a Meltan, was that the designation for the Pokemon found here? He had to wonder if it would be possible to catch one of these Meltan. Perhaps they could be raised to not wreak havoc? Possibly be useful to the Rangers? It was worth looking into. But eventually, Thomas would finally show up. Took the Elite Four member long enough. Now that he was a big deal, he had taken to be fashionably late. Typical. But at least he seemed to know what this Meltan was. More than Josh did, anyway. The League kept secrets like all hell, which was annoying.

Oh and one of the children was blind. That was a problem. Rotom-Dex or not, this Hideo really shouldn't be here. But then Thomas bribed him. Josh turned to stare at Thomas. As a parent, this just... God, this didn't seem right.

"Are you insane?" Josh whispered in a hiss to Thomas. "Fine, but watch the kid closely. I know these Meltan are small, but if they're eating metal, things falling and flying around can and will put the kid at risk. Not to mention the presence of you-know-what."

It seemed he would have to keep an eye on the boy. Though when Thomas pointed it out, he peered back to see a small, relatively harmless looking creature behind them. But looking harmless didn't always mean harmless. He stepped to where the kid could record with his Rotom from under his arm, but Josh protected the child from any harm. Meanwhile, the sparking from Lightning's cheeks seemed to be directed towards the approaching Meltan. The blonde kneeled down, making sure not to get in the way of Hideo's picture taking, but also still serving as a shield. "Hey there little buddy" he spoke softly. "It's dangerous here. You might need to find a snack elsewhere."

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,702 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 13:33:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
@hades, , , , , , [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
vibe[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
serenity

"Hey! Now my hair's all messy, Doug..." Though there's a hint of playful disappointment in her words, Eris is quick to pat down the loose strands, tidying her hair once more before carefully wearing her newsboy cap over. "What exactly does your job entail? Or is it top secret stuff?" Her smile is as plain as any other's, a mild curiosity brewing as she prods for the slimmest of details - Of course, they're probably here for the same reason that she and the others are but it's good to test how far the League are willing to loosen their tongues.
[break][break]
The rather snide voice of reigns her back in with a suppressed sigh, the girl turning to stick her tongue right out at him as Reiner slinks closer towards and . Though she remembers the briefing outline of this meeting - Obtain the crystal amongst the Meltan horde by any means - she senses that they won't quite succeed when outnumbered, especially by renowned leaders of the region. It doesn't help that she has to ignore too just for the sake of maintaining his cover, but complaining doesn't really lessen the weight of this task in the slightest.
[break][break]
"Awh, they're so cute!" Carefully hopping off Reiner's back, Eris holds no reservations about exploring the unknown, kneeling beside Josh and carefully observing how he attempts to defuse the situation. "Are they just here because they're hungry?" Simple questions beg for simple answers, her attention flicking to the Raichu nearby before turning back to the man next to her.
[break][break]
"Can I go see the Meltan too? I promise not to make any trouble! Extra swearsies!"
[break][break]
All she needs is that one chance to get closer to their objective.
[break]
[break][break]
Tl;dr - Eris tries to find out why the League are here[break]
She approaches Josh and the Meltan, only to ask if she can tag along to see the Meltan

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,409 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 17:11:39 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
There was another voice ( ), one Hideo didn’t recognize that addressed him by name. Sounded like he was one of Doug’s work buddies, and he made a request for Hideo to record everything here.

And...wow. Oh wow. Hideo hadn’t intended to come here to make money, but he could definitely use some; that Rotomdex was expensive. He didn’t even think to ask how much was being offered or to try negotiating the price. He also didn’t realize that recording himself playing hookie from his mentor wasn’t a good idea. The offer was enough to buy his help. “Oh, uh, sure! I can do that!

He turned to his Rotomdex. “You can do that, right?

I guess, yeah.

Whew, good. And now that he was (un)officially hired to do a job, he had the perfect counter for when tried to get him to leave. “Sorry Doug, but I’m here on League business!

He couldn’t bask in the smugness of one-upping Doug for long, though; he was soon warned of a second Meltan approaching him from behind. But before it could get too close (not that it was going to - it was a slow one), Hideo heard someone approach and intercept it. His first assumption was that it was either Doug or the man that hired him, but the moment the guy spoke, he realized it was someone else entirely. He just assumed it was another person working with Doug.

So now that he was no longer flanked, Hideo had some room to do his job. His Rotomdex took some video footage of the Meltan intercepted. It was curious about this new arrival, looking at the new man, but it seemed more intent on getting to Hideo.

But once it saw Hideo put his phone and cane away in his pockets - mainly the latter - the little Meltan moaned in disappointment, slumping down. Meanwhile, the other Meltan was still observing his Aggron, poking at Aaron’s tough body with its small, gelatinous hand. Though it wouldn’t be very obvious, it was trying (and failing) to pry off the “metal”.

Before Hideo could investigate either further, there was another voice - and he was much more familiar with that one. “Eris?!” he asked, bewildered, “You’re here too? I didn’t know the League needed so much manpower for this!” He was still unaware of the people here who weren’t exactly working with the League - as far as he knew, everyone here other than him was under Doug’s leadership.

Maybe was getting mentored by Doug.

So...what’re you guys here for anyways? You trying to find out what the Meltan are doing here?” It was the only thing he could think of, but that still wouldn’t explain why Doug brought so many people here.

Summary
- Hideo accepts 's offer
- The two Meltans are blocked off from approaching Hideo.  The one is blocking off is saddened when Hideo puts his cane away, while the other is trying (and failing) to pull off a piece of his Aggron's metallic body.
- Hideo tries to find out why so many people are here by asking and

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 19:21:00 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

THIS IS THE DAWN OF WAR, WE'RE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR
[break]
I'D FALL UPON MY SWORD - BEFORE I CALL OFF THIS WAR
[break]
[attr="class","wrightsearlo"]

'What can I say we work with a bunch of crazies,' is the last thing he whispers back to Hades before the act is up and set. Most may find him the black kettle calling them crazies, but he's been around long enough. They were all a bunch of shits, its what made it all so fun. [break][break]

"Can't believe I do what I can to set up a nice little fieldtrip and not only do they give me a newbie, but now people hear are claiming it dangerous," Wright comments almost as if her were offended by the way life rolled him such an unlucky. Oh the tragedy, he gives a laugh with everything though. "And I know you're a kid and all but you're also a Gym Leader, not very nice to tell a guy he's doing his job wrong," 'Taizo' is going to lean in close to to whisper as he gives a playful slap on the other's chest, "especially on his first day, have some class"[break][break]

Though the Gym Leader's presence is all but forgotten though when the sight of the Melmetal catch his attention. And since there were kids being allowed through to take a look Taizo is just going to silently excuse himself because omg these things were so cute. A true marvel of science and just what could be made. "Fascinating!" he can't help but exclaim seeing how nervous a few had become at his presence. He wonders just which is the one they're looking for though. [break][break]

He does take off his watch though, the steel he made it from was definitely high quality, he would know he's tasted it himself. The offered watch seems to attract them and he offers it to one of them. His smile widening as the scientist watches it fest. The rocket had made sure to put a little something extra that by his calculations shouldn't be able to be digestible by these things systems. Right now he needs to let it sit for a bit.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wrightsearlo1"] @hades | | [break]
| | |
[break][break]

[break]+ Tells he needs to be nicer to people on their first day on the job.
[break]+ With the other seeming to get distracted by the kids passing by he's gonna do so too to see the pretty little Meltan.
[break]+ Wright feeds one of the Meltan a watch of his that may or may not have a little something extra for later.

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#415d74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#415d74;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 1:17:56 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"If I had a Rotom of my own, I wouldn't even be doing this. I hate it too, but this is the best way we can document our actions here.", he'd whisper back to Josh.

Thomas would tap John on the shoulder, to whisper to him. "Keep everyone else here. I need to check this out alone."

Thomas would venture off into the junkyard quietly, while everyone else was occupied with each other. The Elite 4 looked over his shoulder, making sure he wasn't being followed. Truth be told, he didn't trust most of the other elements of the group. Not the employee, not the kids or the chaperone. The only people he genuinely trusted were Josh and John. Though the fact that John knew Hideo was of some reassurance.

He'd be sure to ask for a raw copy of the footage the Rotom-dex captured during the mission.

Thomas would creep around the junkyard. The deeper he got into it, the more Meltan he noticed. The presence of the eye-patch wearing human didn't seem to deter the creatures. And from the looks of it, they seemed to be rather harmless. Content with eating away at the excess scrap. Some of them were even playing with one another. Frankly, it was an adorable sight to behold.

That was when Thomas spotted one Meltan holding something familiar. It looked like the piece of Quartz from the League Meeting.

Now, how would he grab it?

tags: @hades
notes: -Thomas sneaks off to explore the scrapyard
-Thomas observes the Meltan being playful and peaceful
-Thomas finds the Meltan holding the Quartz

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 13:19:16 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
glitch was bored. being on his best behavior meant that he had to be quiet a lot of the time because his mouth definitely couldn't be trusted. so of course, being quiet meant that he began to wander around a bit. so of course he didn't hear a word anyone said or what anyone was doing. plus him wandering around meant that he wasn't going to be tempted to say something that would give him away as rocket. but when he saw some shimmery metal goo on the ground wiggling with a little... metal head... he wondered if that was what they were looking for. lifting it up he giggled a little as it wiggled in his hands and carried it back over to the group. "it feels weird, is this what we're looking for?" he wiggled it more in his hands while holding the meltan up in the air.

@hades , , , , ,

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 17:50:50 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"Then he's your responsibility" the Ranger growled back. But nope, off Thomas went, deciding to take point and ignore the potential consequences of his actions. Looks like taking care of the kids was his responsibility now. Fine, he was the parent. Of course it would fall to him. So Thomas went on ahead while Josh handled the Meltan in front of him. The girl would walk over, asking about the Meltan. "Most likely, yes. This area is clearly a huge food supply for the Meltan" he brought up, though shook his head when she asked her next question. "No, stand back. With what little information there is, there's a clear possibility of danger here. We wouldn't have been sent here otherwise. Do not get any closer than a few feet apart from them" he spoke with the same gentle but firm tone he used with his own kids.

Why were these kids here? It was certainly suspicious. Had they gotten lost on some kind of field trip? He probably should ask... Hideo meanwhile seemed to know the other child. And seemed to insinuate she was involved with the League. Something that he doubted. "Why are you two here, anyway?" Josh then decided to ask. "This isn't where children typically go. Are your parents or instructors around?"

He watched as the Meltan's interest in Hideo waned as he put away his cane. Lightning's cheeks continued to spark as he approached the Meltan who was trying to pull at Aggron with a curious look. Hideo asked what they were doing here as well. Fair enough, really.

"Information on Meltan is fairly scarce with how newly discovered they are. With so many appearing here at once, we wanted to make sure it was just to eat, and that people aren't at risk. We're just here to observe for a little while, without disturbing them too much if possible."

He looked to some of the participants with a light glare, who were testing the Meltan a little too much. "If possible. But they're adults and if they get shocked, it's on them."

While there was an additional objective, this wasn't a lie. And it was an objective with no real harm in disclosing.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 19:33:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Calling him a child, the rocket scientist would eventually come to realize, had only made their jobs harder, the gym leaders expression flattening into a blank stare.

"My apologies." Cpt. Douglas suddenly said, nodding at @hades before turning his gaze back to . "I did not intend any offense. The facts remain that the Cycling Road is beyond Infinity Industries' jurisdiction, however. Even if it weren't, we've no clue how dangerous Meltan might be, and the area itself is a hazard due to excessive metal wastes. Surely you can see that it's not safe for a child to be here? I implore you to postpone your field trip to a safer date."

What with the man seemingly being a teacher and what not, it seemed reasonable to expect him to prioritize ' health over whatever she was intended to learn here.

It was Cpt. Douglas' first time seeing a single-student field trip, but he could question that later. Right now, getting everyone away from the little metallic blobs was more important. Specially , since apparently he had chosen today to be the one time he was going to act his bloody age.

"Hideo." He said softly, trying to appeal to the boy's better judgement. "The help is appreciated, but you don't need to be in the danger zone for your Rotom to do the job, do you?"

He sent a thankful look as the man set down to look after the two kids, glad someone was being reasonable here. Much as he admired , he did not approve of recruiting Hideo to assist in this matter.

His gaze shifted away from the man and to next. His eyes popped wide open as the pink haired gym leader approached, Meltan in hand.

"Not... quite." He said after a moment, sighing slowly. "Please return the Meltan to where you found it. Carefully."

There were a few things he would be recommending commissioner make mandatory training, after this. Discipline was one of them.
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 18:56:29 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
leaguers had no sense of adventure. that was clear whenever one of them told him to just put the meltan back where he found it. what if he wanted to keep it? what if he wanted it to be his new best friend? it felt like pudding and kind of smelled like pennies. but that was fine. he thought it was cute. "i mean, it's so small how dan- oop?" as he held up the meltan he felt another one push against his leg. "hello?" and then another one. and then another one. "hmmm... i don't have enough hands to hold you all." but the meltan were much less interested in being held and much more interested in surrounding glitch. "i think they're making me their leader!" but that definitely... was not what was happening.

@hades , , , , ,

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,409 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 19:44:03 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
When asked why he was here, Hideo was ready to give the obvious answer - that there were Pokemon here and he was a trainer - until Josh asked where his parents/guardian were. Hideo lightly clenched the side of his sweater; were it just this guy, Hideo could try to pass it off as him living nearby or him getting diverted off the cycling path, or he was just a trainer traveling the land...but knew where he lived. That wasn’t going to fly.

Quick, change the subject. Fortunately, Josh provided one for him pretty quickly.

Makes sense,” Hideo said, shrugging. The League people coming here just to observe was reasonable. That actually wasn’t much different than what Hideo was here for, even if he intended to take one home. Chances were they’d do the same - Meltan’s were rare, and no doubt they’d want one (or more) to observe more closely. Or just to keep. Even if they weren’t supposed to disrupt the Meltans, catching a few couldn’t cause much of an issue, right?

His Rotomdex chimed in too, to help draw attention away from Hideo for a moment.

“Ooh, this one wants a piece of your Aggron,” it said, floating in front of Hideo’s Aggron and getting full video of the Meltan still failing to pry off a piece, “Literally.  You think it’d think before trying to tear something off a Pokemon a over dozen times its size.

Hideo sighed - more distracted by Doug trying to get him to leave again. Hideo didn’t even face Doug as he spoke. “Thanks for that, Nosey. And Doug: I’ll be fine. I’m sticking with my Aggron, and if they can’t even pull something off him, I don’t think any of them’ll get to me.” Appealing to his safety wasn’t going to get anywhere - not when he had one of his toughest Pokemon out and was surrounded by friendlies.

Yeah, real talk, Hideo’d have a better chance of hurting Aaron than this gray jelloshot. Doubt they’d eat him either, unless his bones are made of metal or somethin-

Nosey had looked up, taking notice of the small horde currently surrounding . “Oh wow that’s a lotta them. Might wanna turn your attention there, before your friend there gets crushed under all them, eh Dougy?” It waved one of its little hands, hoping Doug would get the hint.

I’ll stay here if you really want, Doug,” Hideo added, “But I’m staying with my Rotomdex. Got it?” Slowly, he walked around his Aggron, closer to the Meltan - but his Aggron blocked him from getting too close. Carefully, he took out a Pokeball, trying to pinpoint exactly where the Meltan was.

Summary
- Hideo completely dodges 's question.
- Hideo blows off 's concern.  His Rotomdex notices the horde surrounding and tries to direct Doug towards them.  Said Rotomdex is currently filming Glitch.
- Hideo gets ready to try and catch the Meltan bugging his Aggron.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 20:20:30 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Truth be told, Thomas felt terrible about leaving the kid with them. But the delicate nature of the information in his possession made him do this. Ideally, he would've conducted this mission alone. But given the nature of the assignment, that wasn't a possibility. All he could hope was that he'd be able to grab the Quartz, before any of the others could.

Upon spotting the Meltan, Thomas activated a body camera he had on him. This was not only to document what he was doing, but to document the Meltan itself. This was a rare opportunity to study the rare species. Even if he didn't manage to catch one, at least he could have footage of the creature to take with him.

The first thing Thomas would do with the Meltan was take a large hunk of metal, and approach the Meltan. He would offer the metallic blob the piece of metal, as a peace offering. The Meltan, noticing the human, walked over to greet him, eager to take the large scrap off his hands. Thomas crouched down to the Meltan's level, offering out the hunk.

The Meltan eagerly grabbed up the large piece of metal, breaking it down and absorbing it into itself. "You like that, little one?", Thomas asked the Meltan gently. The Meltan hopped up and down cheerfully. Thomas would pull another nearby piece of scrap down for the Meltan to feast upon. Once again, the Meltan would begin to feast on the scrap happily.

Thomas would take out a rubber ball from his bag, and begin to gently pass it towards the Meltan, rolling it on the ground. The Meltan, seeing the ball, would attempt to kick it back to Thomas. The push wasn't very powerful, and the ball would take time to come back to Thomas. But Thomas would remain patient, waiting for the ball, before stopping it, and passing it back. This would continue on, in an attempt to get closer to the Meltan.

Suddenly, the Meltan began to act erratically. The Elite Four member found himself backing away in surprise, attempting to give the creature some room. That was when the other Meltan in the area also began to go crazy. The Meltan would begin to quickly congregate towards the Meltan that Thomas was playing with only moments ago. Their mass would begin to fuse into the Quartz Holder, the small blobs beginning to accumulate into a much larger blob.

The resulting fusion created one large creature of metal slime. What was once a small Pokemon suddenly became a Pokemon that towered over the Kalosian. The Melmetal, in its erratic state, would immediately take a swing at the trainer. Thanks to his training, Thomas was able to duck under the metal arm in time. The lug nut fist of the beast would smash into a hill of scrap, causing it to fall over.

Thomas was barely able to run out of there, before it could fall on him. The resulting barrier between him and the Melmetal would distract the creature long enough for the cyclops to escape.

Thomas would run up to where he came from, as fast as he could. "Find cover!", Thomas called out to the others. "The Meltan have fused! And the fusion is pissed!"

On the other side of the scrap avalanche, the Melmetal would feast on the scrap. It was then that the Quartz that was now in its torso took on a brilliant glow. The already lumbering behemoth would grow larger, its form changing due to exposure from the Primal Energy. And with its new form, it would march towards the humans.

tags: @hades
notes: The Meltan fuse into Melmetal. Melmetal Mega Evolves from the Primal Energy exposure

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,702 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 3:28:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
@hades, , , , , , [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
vibe[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
serenity

Recordings were never a good thing, especially considering the nature of her involvement in this area. Should she so much as do something that doesn't quite help the League, she could be pinning an arrest warrant straight to her name. Of course, she can always play off the occasional opposition as a 'child's slip up'... but there's only so many chances she gets.
[break][break]
So for now, the best course of action is to remain naive, excitement bubbling in her actions as she leans in close to .
[break][break]
"I'm technically not on League business, I'm here because I wanted to get some information on this place for my school project. But the Meltan are really cute and I wanted to see them..." Her reasoning is rather quiet, saved for the two kids amongst the group of antsy adults. "Meltan also don't usually appear in crowded areas like this without reason. So I figured there was something interesting going on!"
[break][break]
Though he remains quiet about it, Eris doesn't miss the way that parts from the group, his disappearance sparking the smallest of interest in her mind. Had he found something already? Perhaps, they were much closer to their target than intended. But her chances of following suit are dashed with the way that keeps a close eye on them, even warning her to keep a distance from the Meltan for fear of them getting injured.
[break][break]
It doesn't help that Reiner agrees with the sentiment, his teeth tugging upon the straps of her backpack whenever a Meltan so much as looks in their direction. For a moment, he even considers if Hideo may need some assistance, moving just a little closer to the boy so as to keep within reach should danger truly arise.
[break][break]
"Well... he's supposed to be my chaperone on this fieldtrip but... I think he's distracted." Ignorance breeds a form of contempt for Eris, a finger lazily pointing at as she sways from one foot to another. "Reiner's been doing a better job than he has." However, her snark doesn't last for long, her attention quickly drawn to the crashing of metal down in the scrapyards.
[break][break]
Something's coming, she figures. And the suspicion is proven right with the rushed return of the pirate man, adrenaline coursing through her veins as she makes her plans. Carefully observing the approaching behemoth, Eris notices the odd crystal upon its back - The quartz that she's been briefed about...
[break][break]
"Come on." Tugging on Hideo's sleeve, she finds herself attempting to pull him out of the way and towards . "Dangerous Melmetal means safety first, fighting later."
[break]
[break][break]
Tl;dr - Eris explains her presence off as getting information for a school project[break]
As soon as Mega Melmetal appears, she pulls towards to be safe

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 20:40:50 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

THIS IS THE DAWN OF WAR, WE'RE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR
[break]
I'D FALL UPON MY SWORD - BEFORE I CALL OFF THIS WAR
[break]

"Considering Infinity Industries has is the one doing the construction, and this spare scrap metal is all from them I'd say it very much falls under their jurisdiction this why we were able to set up this little field trip to begin with, besides what better learning experience for kids is there if there isn't a little danger?" clearly he was a teacher off his rack, but Wright was firm believer in life being an amazing teacher if given the chance. [break][break]

He would've long since been gone before the GYM Leader could question him further because there was an unknown here with Meltan and his curiosity as a scientist out weighted anything else in this world. So ' comment about him being distracted and her pokemon doing a much better job than him he had no offense to. After he gave the first Meltan the snack of his watch a few others would come to him and he would give them all small scraps of metal with something made of plastic made inside with a fun little trick. A trick he wouldn't be able to do anything with right away as someone called out something and a looming shadow overtakes the area. [break][break]

Blue eyes look up and he can't help but just stare at the giant Meltan. No, this was clearly not a mega evolution of the Meltan it has evolved into something new and it. is. Glorious. Wright pulls out a pokeblall and tosses out one of his pokemon that has actually been trained by someone other than him. [break][break]

The Blaziken seems ready for battle the moment its out, "Do what it is you do," is his only order and while it seems intimidated by the sheer size of this thing they know they must fight. With it the Blaziken jumps high into the air before delivering a BLAZE KICK at it, for now testing the waters to see what works and what doesn't Despite it's strength it doesn't seemed to phased though as the Melmetal swipes their long arms all Yuan could do is duck to avoid being hit. [break][break]

Oh this was going to be fun to analyze.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wrightsearlo1"] @hades | | [break]
| | |
[break][break]

[break]+ Completely dismisses @bugcatchdoug's concern of safety
[break]+ Taizo Young is not a very good teacher
[break]+ Feeds more devices to the meltan
[break]+ Basically drools over the way they combined and Megaevolve.
[break]+ Blaziken attempts to strike with BLAZE KICK
[break]+ Wright narrowly avoids an attack.

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#415d74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#415d74;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,409 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 19:24:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It was hard to notice over all the commotion, but Hideo was able to pinpoint the Meltan muttering its name as it continued its fruitless attempts at prying off some food. “Weird place to go for a school project,” Hideo said, to what told him. This area was just a bike path and the dump below it. Must’ve been one of those more ambitious school projects. “But you are right about interesting stuff going on!

He pulled his arm back, aiming his throw right for the little Meltan…

Only to be interrupted by someone shouting a good distance away. It took Hideo a moment to recognize the voice - the man that offered him payment to record everything - and to process what he said - a warning. “...they what?” Hideo asked, still poised to toss the ball at the Meltan.

Aaron, who’d been patient this whole time, looked back to see the Melmetal approaching them. While he’d been putting up with this little snotball fail to pull a piece off of him, he didn’t have the time for that anymore. He plucked the little Meltan off his foot and tossed it aside, the little Pokemon squealing through the air, but otherwise landing unharmed. Once it regained its footing(did it have feet?), it rushed to the Melmetal and fused with it.

No catch for Hideo.

Hideo grumbled, his rare catch lost. But before he could argue with his Aggron, Eris had grabbed his sleeve, gently leading him away. “Alright, alright,” he said, offering no resistance. He knew well enough to not approach a massive wild Pokemon, even with one of his own to keep him protected. “Nosey, I think they’ll want you to tape that.

The Rotomdex hovered close to the group, following Hideo as he was pulled back. “Yeah. I, uh, I got a zoom-in for this, so I’ll stick with you guys.

Good.” He looked towards his Aggron. “Aaron, go help fight that big Melmetal. But be careful, alright?” He got an affirmative grunt from his Pokemon, who finally cracked a smile.

His Aggron turned to approach the Melmetal, his body hardening in anticipation...though he was going to take a moment to actually reach it. Tough as he may be, he was not the fastest Pokemon around.

Summary
- The Meltan with his Aggron is thrown away.  The Meltan goes to fuse into the Melmetal.
- Hideo is lead away by towards .  His Rotomdex follows (and is now taping the Melmetal).
- His Aggron toughens himself with Iron Defense as he starts to approach the Melmetal.

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 22:49:24 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me."

Any annoyance he felt at the kids dodging his questions would fall to the wayside as a much bigger problem would present itself. One moment he had been grabbing a scrap from the pile to offer to the Meltan before him to test their reactions, the next... Well... All of a sudden the Meltan began to go crazy. He didn't understand why, but they then ran towards Thomas. He could only watch as the Meltan began to push together, merging into some kind of metallic monstrosity. A Pokemon that Josh had never seen before, or even heard of.

Thomas called to take cover, and Josh would try to herd the kids to cover. In that time, it transformed once again, and Josh could feel the energies radiating from it, recognizing it for what it was. Mega Evolution energy. That was bad. Very bad. Someone called it "Melmetal". Metal, huh? Perhaps that meant...

"Fawkes, let's go!" Josh called out as he brought out his Charizard. Lightning climbed on Fawkes' back, before the Charizard took to the air. Josh didn't hesitate. He knew full well that they couldn't hesitate. He held out his arm to reveal a Keystone attached to his glove. Activating it, the Charizard up above began to transform as well.

Fawkes loosed a roar as it changed into Mega Charizard X. "I'll cover your Aggron, you stay in cover" Josh instructed to the kids as he rose and moved so as not to direct the Melmetal towards Hideo. "Flare Blitz! Volt Tackle!" Josh called to his team. Fire and electricity began to work as one, creating a unique looking spectacle of a missile headed straight towards Melmetal. Just as Fawkes was about to hit with Flare Blitz, Lightning leaped off its back and dove downwards with Volt Tackle.

@tag

- Josh instructs the kids to stay in cover
- Josh sends out Charizard (Fawkes)
- Fawkes Mega Evolves into Mega Charizard X
- Fawkes uses Flare Blitz
- Raichu (Lightning) uses Volt Tackle