POSTED ON May 1, 2021 22:26:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]EXCURSION:[break]SEASIDE CYCLING ROAD

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

DEADLINE: MAY 31ST, 11:59AM PST
LEAGUE EXCURSION

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/591796723928662048/828167652362027058/explorelegend.mp3[/player]
[break][break]

EXPOSITION

THE SEASIDE CYCLING ROAD has seen much activity within the region. Battles and war have threatened its constitution time and time again. Thankfully, thanks to the efforts of local Mauville workers, the path is a sturdy testament to Hoenn's resilience.

REPORT A

MAX # OF PARTICIPANTS:[break]3 ROCKETS, 3-4 LEAGUE.

Due to the aftermath of THE ULTRA BEAST WAR and due to 's Infinity Industries' recent acquisition of NEW MAUVILLE, reconstruction and construction efforts have resulted in metal scrap being left in temporary junkyards or as accidental litter.[break][break]

Witnesses have found MELTAN congregating on and underneath the Cycling Road, attracted by the metal scraps. Furthermore, a specific report has come in, suggesting that one of the Meltan has been seeing playing with a curious quartz that matches the League's description of a primal energy rock.[break][break]

OBJECTIVES

• 🌋 At least 1 AVATAR power must be used.
  • 🌋 must reference RAICORP in some way.
  • 🌋 must receive 1 headpat by the end of the thread.
  • 🌋 must find a creative way to hide their identity as a Mossdeep Gym Leader OR as a member of Team Rocket.
  • 🌋 and can procure a chunk (or biosample) from the fallen Melmetal for their respective factions.
  • At least 1 of your Pokemon must mega evolve involuntarily due to the excess primal energy in the area.
  • Use MACH BIKES and ACRO BIKES in creative ways for combat at least once.
  • Use at least one of the VENDING MACHINES on either side of the cycling road in a creative way for combat.
  • At least 1 trainer must be seriously injured.
  • At least 1 Pokemon must be seriously injured.
  • The Meltan must combine together to form a Melmetal— which will accidentally mega evolve due to the primal energies.
  • The Melmetal must be "killed."
  • The League will secure the quartz by the end.
  • End the thread on the 5th page (if you can!).
[break]

Objectives marked by the 🌋 are special objectives unlocked by the presence of particular characters.[break][break][break][break]

REWARDS:

GUIDELINES

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. To ensure these events run smoothly, you must communicate with your thread partners and are able to keep up with them. Please let your partners know if you will be busy, lose interest, or find yourself unable to post.[break][break]

• Always exercise courtesy, maturity and patience.
  • To receive FULL REWARDS, you must check off every single objective. Feel free to keep track in post notes.
  • There is NO POSTING ORDER that you need to maintain; however, be respectful and allow characters to contribute.
  • Offer openings or opportunities for other characters. These events are not one-man shows.
  • Decide upon a reasonable time for posting in your group; if a thread partner is unable to engage well enough, skip or replace them.
  • Since these threads will often feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • A TL;DR (too long; didn't read) with your posts is not mandatory, but helpful.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
EXCURSION: SEASIDE CYCLING ROAD
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 23:01:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"This is unnaceptable." Cpt. Douglas said sternly as he stared at the mess, arms folded behind his back. Mauville was his jurisdiction; he wouldn't let its most famous, recently rebuilt landmark look like a bloody junkyard.

The underpass of the cycling road was filthy with scrap metal and litter; one of the few things the Captain didn't approve of regarding Infinity Industries' handling of the construction efforts. It seemed a stern talk regarding proper handling of wastes would need to be had with the project manager... No, best to try and speak directly with CEO , since he was so directly involved in the project. He would hopefully see things fixed as soon as possible.

Enough of that; it was a secondary problem in the face of the witness reports that had been handed to them. A rare species of pokemon had been sighted in mass quantities underneath the Cycling Road; it was just begging for Rockets to come in looking.

Given that the quartz the league was searching for had been sighted as well... Needless to say, they couldn't delay any further.

The league made an effort to be discreet in its operations, sending teams of extremely few, hopefully capable operatives to handle things without disrupting the public or alerting Rockets much; a meaningless effort, given how all encounters to date had gone.

At the very least, his companions were trustworthy.

"At least." The youth said with a small smile, before glancing at his Orbeetle and nodding sharply. The pokemon met his gaze and nodded right back, eyes beginning to light up with a blue glow.

That sorted out, the young soldier glanced over his shoulder, turning his gaze to his companions.

"Ready?"

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 23:17:03 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
once again he was working with leaguers and pretending to not be a rocket associate. once again he was just going to do what came natural and lie his ass off about everything. it was the easiest way to get through all of this stuff anyways. the last time he'd done this nonsense it had been absolute chaos, he didn't expect this time to be any better. his legs were still in pain from sharpedo skin crashing against them. but he could get over that. if nothing else it was an excuse for him to not be as up and at it as he was the last time he was asked to hang out with a bunch of league members. he really needed to stop hanging out with league members. but saying no would be suspicious. after all he had responsibilities now as a gym leader.

he'd given some pretty strict requests that if any of his rocket buddies did show up that none of them bothered to hold back against him. not when it was crucial that it kind of stayed a secret that he was a member of the opposite side. he'd be booted out of his gym leader position so fast if they gave it away. and then he would be absolutely pissed off. and who knew what would happen when he got pissed off. but for now he was a cheerful bundle of joy as he smiled at . "so what are we looking for exactly?" that wasn't a ruse. he actually wasn't sure what they were doing out here really. but as long as it didn't involve sharpedo or noivern he was fine with that.

"i heard there was a cute pokemon involved, right?"
or something like that. he'd only skimmed the email and he really just wanted to have a good time and see what information he could dig up for rocket from all of this.

@hades , , , , ,

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,407 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 1:04:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Ah, what a wonderful day to walk around, have fun, and ditch your mediocre mentor to investigate a rumor about a rare Pokemon congregating under the bike pass. Even if Hideo never learned how to ride a bike (his attempts in the past left him frustrated, bruised, and/or bleeding), it still had his interest.

He wandered into the area, guided by his ever-reliable shiny Aggron. And by “guide”, it meant the Aggron walked ahead of him and cleared a path by just pushing everything out of the way or into the ground, while Hideo held on to his tail. Most Pokemon knew not to mess with an Aggron, nor whatever one was protecting.

The few that didn’t, quickly learned why.

Once he heard the sound of a 360-kilogram over-2-meter-tall steel Pokemon stomping on metal, he knew he was getting close. Still, Hideo had his cane out, tapping away to make sure he didn't step on anything too hard.

I’m not liking this place, Hideo.” Who spoke? His yellow Rotomdex, of course; courtesy of the Rotom he had possessing it. It floated by his side, nervously observing the area around them. “They say Meltans live around here. The internet says they eat metal. All metal. Like our big friend here - and me!

Nobody’s eating Aaron,” Hideo flatly stated, “And if that were true, they’d only eat the Pokedex you’re in.  You'll be fine.” He thought having a Rotomdex would be a life-changer; he saved up a lot of money for it. But this one seemed like kind of a weenie. It felt like he had to help it more than it was helping him. “Now come on Nosey, let’s find some Meltan. All I need is one.

The Rotom moaned, but followed along.

Summary
- Hideo enters the scene, away from everyone else. Currently unaware of anyone else here.
- He's following behind his Aggron
- His Rotom(dex) is flying by his side and whinging

close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 8:38:12 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

THIS IS THE DAWN OF WAR, WE'RE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR
[break]
I'D FALL UPON MY SWORD - BEFORE I CALL OFF THIS WAR
[break]
[attr="class","wrightsearlo"]

This whole Infinite Energy business had the Rocket Scientist excited. Though it seems word was getting around about a similar energy that the the League was after thanks to little worms that found their way through the cracks. Its what brought him here today as one Taizo Young. While he's already heard ahead of time that one of their own was already going to be there, him and the other two were a bit more on their own. Thankfully they had two great minds to think of how to do things. Thanks to Rocket's connections securing an ID for one of them was easy. There would have been two, but apparently babysitting was on the list of things to do. [break][break]

Honestly the people in charge of these bunch of crazies. He didn't get them sometimes. [break][break]

Some rearranging had to be done, a 2nd badge was secured as a just in case for both Wright and Umbra to play workers while the kid could be part of 'bring your daughter/niece to work' day. Though who knows what would happen, him playing teacher who hired the worker would work as a covered as they searched the area and played around the steel rubble as they searched for what they were looking for. "So either of you think we'll actually encounter the newish pokemon? I personally can't wait," Wright comments as for the time being he knows it is just the three of them. Flying around them Zippy was in a camera he had searching from above what they may need.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wrightsearlo1"] @hades | | [break]
| | |
[break][break]

[break]+ Wright is currently disguised as a just in case measure. Current alias: Taizo Young
[break]+ Zippy is currently in a video camera searching from above for the readings they're searching for.

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#415d74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#415d74;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 10:42:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Situated beside the other two Rockets, Atticus stood with a slight slouch, his hands shoved deep into his uniform's pockets. His typically white hair had been replaced with that of a shaggy black wig, and his piercing blue eyes had dulled to pale yellowish color. Today he was the perfect Infinity industry worker.

"I hope so." Hades' reply was quick and sharp - like an dart hitting the center of a target board. For him, Rocket's efforts were irrelevant. Whether they reached their ultimate goal or not didn't concern him and his personal plans, and so, he was here for one reason and one reason only: to feed into his own insatiable hunger for excitement. And he was determined to solely commit to this cause.

"So, Wrighty, you've been with Rocket for a while now, right? Quick question. Why the kid?" There was a tinge of harshness towards the end, as he was gesturing towards the small girl with less than kind eyes. To think a child would be allowed on this mission...it really showed the organization's priorities. Or lack thereof them.

- Chilling with and
- lookin' like a snacc w black hair and yellow eyes
- here for the fun

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,695 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 12:50:50 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
@hades, , , , , , [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
vibe[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
serenity

Perhaps, you should be resting right now. That cold, piercing gaze of the Luxray is not something to be trifled with, a low growl rumbling in his throat as he cautiously pads onwards. His grip on his charge is firm, his tail carefully wrapped around her torso with just enough strength to ensure she won't run off. It's all done with good reason when the circumstances are considered - After having almost been killed by Lugia in a messy turn of events, one would have prayed for her to sit still and allow herself to recuperate.
[break][break]
But what is Eris without a little danger or risk? She scatters in the face of mundanity, ready to throw a fit at the next person who has the unfortunate duty of telling her no. In fact, her position in this excursion is one that she had fought tooth and nail for, insistent on having a second chance to go beyond the walls of the Rocket base if only to gain a little more experience than being wiped out from the get go.
[break][break]
"At least I'm not here just for fun, mister." She recognises the gaze that both her partners give her, a tiny scowl suppressed by the need to quip back. "Before you start worrying about why I'm here, worry about keeping your cover in front of them." Her words come with a subtle tilt of her head to the crowd up ahead, her attention drawn to two particular faces as she urges Reiner forward.
[break][break]
"Doug! What are you doing here?" Her smile is as wide as the wave she provides, dark thoughts pushed to the back of her mind as she settles with greetings for now. "And is that... Hideo over there?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 15:35:39 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Cute? Wouldn't know, I've never seen one. Meltans have begun gathering enmasse in this location, due to the accumulation of New Mauville's metal wastes." He said to , frowning as he turned his eyes at the amassed scrap. "Unfortunately, we are not here to ensure Infinity Industries cleans up this mess asap; we are simply here to assist Mr. Benoit on his mission."

Information pertaining the Quartz was only for the ears of those within AQUA.

had a special assignment, Cpt. Douglas knew that much, but as to what exactly it was... well, he could only put his faith on the man and listen to his orders. They were there as members of the League's bureau, not whatever other things they had going on- on that front, he outranked them all.

He would have asked the man for their instructions then, but something else caught his eye. Someones, rather.

His gaze almost narrowed at the unknowns; all reports on excursions such as this one had mentions of Rocket Interference.

But of course, such thoughts fled his mind when his gaze fully registered the tiny silhouette leading the pack.

"Eris?" He said, his serious expression softening into a curious look. He glanced over to his own group. "Give me a second, please."

Walking ahead to meet the other group, the youth eyed kept his gaze on Eris, grinning as he reached her. He knelt down in front of her, holding out his fist as he had before.

"'Ello, Eris! Me? I'm on the job! But what about you? This place ain't safe, you know?" He said, gently reaching over to ruffle her hair. "Dangerous pokemon are all over the place due to the metal wastes. It's best if ya go back home, eh? I promise ya I'll have this all cleaned up soon!"

His gaze shifted above her to the two men with her... and he noticed the Infinity Industry uniforms. At that point, the youth's gaze solidified sharply into a frown.

"Just who I wanted to see." He said, slowly standing up to his full height. He glared imperiously at the two men. He gestured to the mass of scrap amassed on the underpass of the Cycling Road. "Is this mess how Infinity Industries handles wastes? Mauville's most famous landmark looks like a junkyard!"

He didn't quite know why Eris was wandering around with Infinity Industry workers, but he could get to that later.

If he could focus on it anyway.

"Hideo?" He said after a moment, glancing over at Eris with an incredulous expression- before looking over in the direction she was looking at.

That was, indeed, .

He felt like he would have an aneurysm.

He flicked his shitty flip phone open, before calling the youth, blank faced.

As soon as he picked it up...

"Ey, short stuff. What'cha doing in my work place?" He asked dryly. "I can see ya, by the way."

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 5:01:43 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Some sort of rare creature. a Pokemon the League assumed, was causing a bit of trouble. And not just one, a lot of them at that. This "Meltan" as they called it were not constantly seen, which was a strange thing considering their numbers. But Josh's old Trainer spirit came out as he immediately volunteered for the expedition. If this was a Pokemon that he had never seen before and may never get a chance to see again, he just HAD to see it for himself!

When he arrived, the first thing he notices was that there was scrap metal everywhere. Just, everywhere. This place was a dump. Sure, it was the centerpiece of reconstruction efforts, but someone was going to trip over the damned things. If his mother saw anything related to RaiCorp looking like this, she would explode worse than an Electrode. And nobody wanted to see that. Still, he had to wonder. This strange rock that the Meltan apparently had. Was it something they found in all this mess? Whatever it was though, the League seemed to want it.

The group arrived one by one. A man in uniform, someone with a lot of hair, a man who's appearance gave him the creeps, a man with a slouch, and others including Thomas and... Did he see literal children here? Considering these were rare Pokemon they were dealing with, this didn't seem like the best place for kids to be.

"I haven't seen a Meltan before myself. But I read the reports a d the vague descriptions they were able to get. Hopefully we'll recognize them on sight" Josh brought up when the Captain spoke up. Josh let him do the talking after that, as he discussed with the uniforms as well as with the children. He was just here to assist Thomas with his assignment, and to do whatever else the League decided they wanted them to do.

Where were the Meltan, by the way? Were they hiding? Nearby, the cheeks on Josh's Raichu Lightning began to spark...

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 19:54:49 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he didn't even know what kind of pokemon that is but if it was eating metal he didn't want it near a lot of his pokemon to be honest. that would be a lot of work explaining also why a weird little pokemon had managed to eat a hole in the sub. again. but the first time definitely wasn't his fault considering he didn't have anything to do with a genesect. but that was another story for another time. he didn't realized they would be bringing children along though. he vaguely recognized eris when they were hanging around but he really hoped that the rest of the rockets remembered that if they saw him then they didn't know him, unless it was as a gym leader. he couldn't afford to have his cover blown.

"is that a child? is that two children?" he wasn't sure what was going on. all he really knew was that someone was going off on someone in an ugly uniform for not keeping this place clean. "i thought we were here to do something else, not yell at these guys?" it was confusing but he didn't really care either. flipping his bag open he made sure that his pokeballs were secure if something did start to happen. "did your raichu find something?" since it was sparking up he wondered if it had finally found one of those weird metal things they were looking for. or maybe this was just a wild zangoose chase.

@hades , , , , ,

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,407 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 22:03:05 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
*pipipipi!* The little group stopped at that beeping noise. Hideo knew what it was immediately, but his two Pokemon were less familiar, the Aggron immediately looking back while the Rotom(dex) hid behind its trainer. “Oh Arceus what is that?!” the Rotom asked.

Doug.

Huh. Weird. “Calm down. It’s just my phone.” Why would be calling him now? As far as Hideo knew, wasn’t Doug busy with work today?

Well, no reason to keep him waiting. Hideo let go of Aaron’s tail, taking out his phone and tapping on the screen, accepting the call and moving his phone up to his ear - his Rotom flew right next to his phone to eavesdrop. And the moment he did that, Doug was talking...and he knew he was there. Hideo was quick to come up with an excuse; “Oh, didn’t know you were here too! My mentor brought me-

I can see ya, by the way.

Dammit. Doug could probably see there was no mentor nearby.

Hideo sighed; he was already caught in a lie. Trying another was too risky. “...I’m looking for a Meltan to catch. I heard they were here, and my mentor just happened to bring me to the area, so I came here.

Oh, I think I see him!” his Rotom said, having spotted Doug in the distance - and the Rotom waved towards him. “I see someone on an old phone looking over here! And there’s a lot of people with him!...why do they need so many people?

Hideo covered the receiver real quickly. “I dunno!” Back to his call. “I’ll...I’ll head back right after I get a Meltan! I’m sure it won’t take long; I hear there’s a lot of them here.

Oh how true that was; right after he said that, he could hear Aaron move in front of him. Though Hideo wasn’t aware of it yet, a curious Meltan had approached them. It paused the moment Aaron was right in front of it, staring it down, though the little Meltan was more curious than terrified, looking over the steel behemoth.

And while the three of them were distracted?

There was another Meltan, this one slowly approaching Hideo from behind. It was also curious, but its attention was towards the boy instead.

Summary
- Hideo answers 's phone call
- A Meltan approaches Hideo, but is blocked off by his Aggron...
- But there's a 2nd Meltan approaching Hideo from behind.  It doesn't seem hostile/aggressive yet

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 18:15:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Having to keep a secret from hurt. Though he was no stranger to keeping secrets from others, and omitting the truth when necessary, he didn't like putting others in danger for it. But the information he held onto was only known to those in the AQUA Initiation. Though he had no doubts that there were Rocket spies involved that forwarded the information to them.

"On one hand, I'm inclined to say that this could work out, as from what we know, Meltan subsist off of metals, similar to the Aron family. As long as we keep them from eating Cycling Road itself, they can sort out the scrapyard underneath. Of course, that's assuming that they don't start eating at the bridge before they're done with all that scrap.", Thomas interjected.

The problem was, of course, the Quartz that they had access to. They had to get their hands on the Quartz, before Rocket could potentially get their hands on it. And who knew how the Meltan would be affected by the Quartz?

In any case, the presence of children did not make the Elite Four member happy. Especially since the boy seemed to be blind, given the fact that he had a walking stick. But the fact that the boy had a Rotom-dex was helpful. Perhaps it was something he could try to leverage.

"Hideo, right?", Thomas asked, overhearing John refer to him by that name. "We're on League business. Would you do us a favor, and have your Rotom record what's going on? I'd be happy to pay you for your service, of course.", he'd ask the boy.

Of course, being who he was, the pay would be generous, especially if his Rotom was able to get good footage.

Thomas took notice to the two blob-like creatures with heads like hex nuts. These were the Meltan they were searching for. Frankly, they were rather adorable up close, and seemed to be rather harmless.

"Hideo, there's one behind you. Though it doesn't seem like it's gonna hurt you. Just watch your step.", Thomas told the blind boy calmly.

Given that their food source was metal, he figured more would be under the path. After all, the practical scrapyard would be a banquet to a group of them, right?

"Captain, I'm going to investigate the underpass. Would you rather accompany me, or would you prefer to stay here?", he whispered to the Gym Leader.

tags: @hades
notes: Asks Hideo if his Rotom can record on their behalf
Alerts Hideo to the Meltan behind him
Whispers to John that he plans to investigate the underpass
close tab

played by

King

Doc
he/him
forty-two
August 22
Dewford City
pansexual
engineer
Grunt
32 height
32 height
awards
75 posts
Yuan Wright DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wright
Yuan Wright
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 8:55:49 GMT
Yuan Wright Avatar
[nospaces]

THIS IS THE DAWN OF WAR, WE'RE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR
[break]
I'D FALL UPON MY SWORD - BEFORE I CALL OFF THIS WAR
[break]

"Codenames Smith"[break][break]

Yuan lightly shoves the other when his name was used, thankfully it was only the three of them for the time being. He chuckles a bit at the spunk little Eris gives back at the question of her being there. Though he is none to happy that there was already a group of people there. So much of being able to speak freely. Thankfully there was still some distance between them and the group as Eris seemed to run up to those she knew. "Apparently the new underbosses like to play mommy and daddy," he jokes, "But its not like the old guys didn't like child soldiers, easier to beat in the loyalty," Wright shrugs clearly his voice meant for his partner and his partner alone before he tunes into the group. Great they knew their brat.... [break][break]

Wright walked up some friendly smile on his face, "Now now Ms Halla we're already causing Percy enough trouble showing us around for the field trip lets not get in the Gym Leader's way too," the 'teacher' pretends to scold. Though its obvious that he doesn't mind too much, kids were going to be kids is the mentality his cover choose to believe even if he himself felt it a pain. The white hair man gives the young man a laugh as he seems to be blaming them for Infinity Industries' choices. "Oh don't give Mr. Smith too much flack for that I don't think it's his job for the clean up in these parts anyways." Yuan begins the excuse he'll allow Hades to think up more for himself. [break][break]

"My my so famous names here," well save the blond and the other kid, but the two gym leaders and the elite four member? Hard to miss, "Something big going on?"

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wrightsearlo1"] @hades | | [break]
| | |
[break][break]

[break]+ Just some carefree interaction for now as he studies the people around them

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#415d74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#415d74;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wrightsearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 9:06:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The bratty comeback from the girl scout fell to deaf ears. There was a strict '18+' lock on Atticus' attention span-- fail to hit that requirement and be prepared to be ignored. "Apologies, apologies," He offered a teasing bow. Then, with cold eyes, his gaze briefly bounced back to before returning to Wright. "What a waste. There are much faster methods in instilling loyalty."

Their conversation was swiftly curtailed by the appearance of several unfamiliar individuals. League people, probably. There was no confirming it though. Noticing Wright's path towards this group, Atticus took note to follow close behind, using the time to adjust his well-fitted mask. By the time they approached the group, he was well prepared for the immediate barking he was met with. "Uhhhh..." The look of sheer incompetency rested upon his face. Arms wrapped up, smile tightened across his face, the man mimicked that of a fearful teenager working their first job. "Uh, yes! He's correct. I-I just guide people around..." For the most part, his gaze remained glued to the floor, avoiding all eye contact with @doug. "Sorry for the confusion...!"

Atticus allowed the wave of conversation to take over as he silently stood alongside the group. As he waited, curiosity would occasionally beckon for him to peer up from his awkward position and steal a glimpse of the elite trainers in front of them. And, when he did, well...it became a daunting task to smother any hints of laughter.

- Pretending to be a dumb tour guide
- sneaks some peeks at u league boys

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 12:38:41 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Doug turned his gaze away from the two men and towards .

"I'll be staying here, Mr. Benoit." He said, sighing. He really wished they could just set up a bloody barricade. The League could be so inefficient at times. He turned his attention to . "Ya can go with him if ya like. I'll keep the civilians out of trouble."

With that said, he turned his gaze towards the men, their reasoning making him scowl.

"If it ain't his job then I'm afraid he's no business here. The Cycling Road ain't part of the Factory." He said bluntly, brow furrowed into a scowl. Normally, he would assume they were simply visitors to the Cycling Pass... But they were fully uniformed, had shown their badges and were talking about work.

Clearly, they were on the clock. So why the heck were they here? And had they brought along the intern or something? He had half the bad mood to tell the man to look him in the goddamn eye.

"I'm afraid that ain't your business either. If ya ain't here to clean up the mess, I'mma have to ask ya to just turn back. It's dangerous at the moment." He said, before his head snapped back over towards , raising his voice so the boy could here. "That goes for you too, Hideo!"

He turned his gaze back at the two men, eye critical. Really, why in the world were they here?

"You ain't ditching work just to sate yer curiosity, are ya?" He asked dryly. It was none of his business how Infinity Industries handled its employees, but he was a bit put off; He had no idea why was around these men.