saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:02:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it's a relatively short walk from the camp to a local cerulean bar. their options for that area are limited; they could take the ardous trek across city to more famous spots but he doubts they have the time for that. or the patience.

"drink of choice?"

the question's asked as they settle into the bar.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:09:31 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
They head in the direction of the bar she expects them to visit. It’s a frequent haunt of the off duty officers that work in the camp for all the obvious reasons. There are plenty of faces she recognizes when they enter. She nods to a few, finding it hard and rude to ignore their acknowledgment, “Whiskey, neat,” she answer easily. She’s a simple girl, nothing fancy, fruity, or out of the ordinary would catch her eye. She settles beside him, “You?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:15:45 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]a simple wave of his hand gestures the barkeep over who had overheard eva's choice. he adds on with his:

"vodka on the rocks."

once the barkeep leaves, he tilts his head to look at her, offering a shrug.

"but whiskey's good, too."

he saw a few familiar faces, too; most of them he had just met earlier in the day.

"i take it you've been here before."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:25:47 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Hm, not what she was expecting but, then again, she wasn’t quite sure what to expect from him, “Vodka’s alright,” she admits. She’d much rather have a dark liquor. She’s partial to strong, smokey whiskeys full of robust flavors. Vodka could be so . . . plain. She sighs, taking a quick glance around before their simple drinks are set before them, “Yeah, it’s really the only place to come,” she gives the familiar bartender a nod of thanks and takes her drink in her hand, lifting it towards Matias in a gesture to cheers, “Here’s to . . .” she thinks for a moment, mind coming up blank, “I don’t know, what should we cheers to?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:29:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]vodka's simple. it lacks substance, flavor, and all the nuance that sets a darker liquor like whiskey apart. but its simplicity is what he finds charming.

he takes his drink, raising it to meet hers with a chuckle.

"to surviving."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:51:01 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
“To surviving,” she agrees, smiling as she taps her glass gently against his before taking a sip. She smacks her lips together, savoring the flavors that wash over her tongue before the burn. She shifts her body slightly to face him, “So, Matias, where are you from?” simple questions to start out. Although, that is a loaded question in times like these.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 5:58:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the clear liquor slides down his throat easy, familiar in the taste and burn it brings. it feels good, it feels warm, and it isn't until he places the glass back down and gestures for another round that he realizes she hadn't downed hers.

"bad habit."

he chuckles.

"saffron, for the most part. you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 6:17:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She watches him down the drink with ease. There’s amusement in her laugh. He’s not the first officer she’s had drinks with. It seemed to be a bad habit spread across the company. She isn’t too different. She responds by letting the last of her dark liquor slide down her throat. The glass waits for the bartender, “For the most part?” she questions, tilting her head, “That sounds like a story,” but she doesn’t pry for more information, “Just outside Pallet Town. Grew up on a little pokemon ranch,” she elaborates a bit, reminiscing with a smile, “Family?” the next sensitive topic she prods at.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 6:38:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]for the most part — his head dips, acknowledging but no other words escape him. maybe later once alcohol starts to loosen his lips.

at the mention of a little ranch on pallet, he smiles.

"that sounds cute."

peaceful, more like. something he's never had.

the barkeep returns with their refills, sliding two new glasses over to them. he reaches for his, humming in thought.

"the silphs adopted me when i was about ten. they're alive and well."

unbeknownst to him, rocket's eyes have long set on silph hq in saffron. he raises the glass, sips this time.

"don't know what happened to my birth parents."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 6:54:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She laughs with a shrug, “I don’t know about cute,” She consider how it may seem that way, though, “Working on the ranch all day and fighting off 5 obnoxious brothers was never really that cute,” more like rough, but fun. She enjoyed having a big family. They were all very close.

The name catches her attention as she brings her refreshed drink to her lips, “Silphs? Like . . . the Silph, Silphs?” she should have made the connection earlier. The answer is obvious, he doesn’t need to confirm it. She sips, nodding, “That must have been quite the upbringing,” she clarifies, “I couldn’t imagine living in such a big city,” Nature was her playground, she didn’t imagine there was much nature in Saffron.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 7:10:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"that's them."

the silph silphs makes him laugh. he tenses, too, but it's more involuntary than anything. family has always been difficult to talk about — he loves them, he appreciates the life he's able to live because of them, but it ends there.

"i think you'll find it quite suffocating compared to a ranch."

another sip.

"it was suffocating for me, too, but in a different way."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 7:20:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
“Hm,” she nods, agreeing with his assessment, but also shrugs, “Suffocating yes, but maybe exciting. I imagine there was always something to do,” Eva’s childhood was built on having to be creative. Fallen trees as castles, rocks as the motts surrounding them, sticks as swords. That sort of thing, “Wanted to get out of there, huh?” despite how much she loved Pallet Town, she always had an itch to get out and adventure. She regrets leaving so soon now after, well . . . everything. Home would never be the same.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 9:57:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"it's overrated."

his words are blunt but honest. he sees no reason to lie, at least not to the person who saved his life. but there's more to it than that; he just hasn't realized.

"could never live up to expectations, so why try?"

depending on how familiar she is with the silphs, he leaves enough for her to pick up on. after a momentary pause, he asks:

"what happened to the ranch?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 14:39:14 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She believes him, it probably is overrated living in the city. To Eva it’s just a new adventure, which sounds exciting. Although she doesn’t keep up on all the drama of Kanto’s important people, she knows enough to have an idea of what it might have been like to be a Silph. All business. She wasn’t normally one to assume but prying seemed inappropriate. Living up to expectations is something she can’t relate to. Her father had zero expectations. He is proud of what she’s accomplished. Well, at least she hopes he is.

She leans against the bar top with one hand while keeping the other firmly grounded around the whiskey. Her face turns thoughtful, “It’s pretty far off the beaten path, I’m sure it’s fine,” that’s what she told herself, “I honestly haven’t been home since all this started. Too dangerous, you know?” She missed it terribly, but is still hopeful she’d get back soon when all this is over. She never would.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 14:45:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]he wishes he could relate to the feeling of wanting to visit home. ever since he left, he's never had that want to return. the silphs in saffron are fine without him, or at least that's what he tells himself.

it's easier this way. less painful.

"you should visit once this is all over."

he takes another sip, almost reaching the bottom of the glass.

"i'm sure they must miss you."

[attr="class","noodles"]