3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 15:07:24 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva smiles, nodding her head with enthusiasm, “That’s the first place I plan on going,” she promises, but never does. Not even to say goodbye before she leaves Kanto. She doesn’t see any of this ending soon, but she’s hopeful.

She sips, fending off the guilt she feels for leaving and not being with them during such difficult times, “Yeah, I miss them a lot,” she admits with a sigh, taking another quick sip, seeking the numbness it can provide.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 15:11:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the only thing he can be is hopeful; to believe that they have a chance at winning the war. doing anything but would mean conceding, which to someone like matias, means death.

he sets the glass down against the counter, then turns to give her his full attention.

"tell me about them."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 15:44:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She surprised by his next question. Well, demand really. Not many take the effort to legitimately get to know her, “Ok, um,” she shifts in her seat, sipping before continuing, “Big family, me and 5 older brothers, they’re all . . . off doing whatever it is they’re doing,” they were quite the diverse group of individuals, “My mom died shortly after I was born so they all basically raised me. Along with my dad but he’s always been real busy keeping the ranch running,” they were still close though, family was always something they prioritized, “They’re all so different but . . . to same,” If that makes any sense. She’s not quite sure what else there is to tell. She turns the question back at him, curious, “Tell me about yours.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 16:09:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias nods at every interval, showing genuine interest that for him comes as a surprise. he'll ponder on it later; for now, he focuses on her.

"it sounds like you're all really close."

which explains why she misses them so much; he's starting to understand now.

when the same is asked of him, he pauses, using the lull to find words.

"they adopted a whole bunch of us after fernando left. i guess they hoped one of us would fill the void he left. surprisingly, none of us could."

his finger taps against the rim of the glass, calling for another brief silence.

"i'm the oldest of those who were adopted. there are four others, though we're not really that close."

he offers a shrug, relatively indifferent.

"it was hard even before i left."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 16:36:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

“Yeah, we are,” and she loves it that way. Somewhere buried beneath the trauma the war causes there’s a desire to build that, as unrealistic as it may be.

Eva returns the favor, listening intently as he speaks. It comes naturally for her. She loves people and learning their stories. There’s always something to learn and demonstrates the diversity of life. She isn’t sure exactly who Fernando is, but she’s smart enough to gather it is probably their son. A big family too, although adopted, but familial ties could be made, nonetheless, “That sounds like some big shoes to fill for a child,” she remarks in regards to him having to fill a void. His previous comment made more sense now – not living up to expectations, “Unfair, really,” she admits, although probably not her place, “How long have you been an officer?” she asks, changing the subject before she oversteps her boundaries.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 16:51:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]he laughs at her words, agreeing.

"tell me about it."

it was unfair — still is, but it doesn't bother him as much anymore. or at least that's what he tells himself. the thought simmers in the back of his mind but he looks to drown it with another swig of his drink, downing the rest.

he gestures for another.

"since i was sixteen, i think. it's been a while."

he's lost count.

"and yourself? wait. i don't even know how old you are."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 17:32:01 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva continues to nurse her whiskey with small sips, not trying to keep pace with him. She’s much smaller, after all, “Sixteen, that’s when I left home too,” for different reasons, obviously, “That’s a long time to be an officer,” and so young to be thrown into such hostility. She smiles at his revelation, a hint of mischief visible at the corners. She looks younger than she is, people always say so, “I’m 26, you?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 17:38:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"shit. i would've never guessed."

he chuckles almost in disbelief. she looks younger than she is, somehow able to retain her youthfulness despite the events that have plagued them. he's the opposite; worn through the years, he looks hardened and aged.

"twenty...four this year, i think."

the barkeep returns with his refill.

"so twenty-three now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 18:06:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She sips her whiskey, obviously amused with his surprised reaction, “Good genes I guess,” she shrugs her shoulders. She certainly wasn’t complaining. The only time she gets annoyed is when people tell her she doesn’t look “old enough” to be a doctor. Her mother was youthful, very much like her. From what her brothers told her, she was a near spitting image in personality and looks. Oran berry doesn’t fall far from the tree, apparently.

“You think?” she found it funny when people couldn’t remember their age, “So I’m older and wiser,” she teases with a smile.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 18:17:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i stopped celebrating my birthdays a while ago, so i've kinda lost count."

it's sad in a way but he doesn't see it that way. what good is there to celebrate in a time of war? he lives to fight and that's about it.

her tease makes him chuckle.

"not too sure about wiser..."

he reaches for his glass.

"but then again, you were wise enough to agree to come with me tonight."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 18:27:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
In a way, she understands that. It is hard to be selfish in the world they live in right now. There’s too much to do,and finding happiness when there is so much suffering seems inappropriate. Even taking the time to grab a drink to gain some sense of normalcy didn’t last too long. This wouldn’t last long. Eva grins, raising a playful brow, “What makes this a wise decision?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 18:36:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]if this wouldn't last long then they'd best make the most out of it.

he meets her grin with one of his own.

"are you enjoying yourself?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 18:52:31 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
She sips, pretending to think about it although she already knows the answer, “Yes,” another sip and motion towards him, “Are you?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,131 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 19:00:58 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i am."

not missing a beat, he follows it with:

"but the night's not over. i'm sure there's more...fun to be had."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
gratitude
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 19:27:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
The implication is there. She entertains it for a moment with smile and a bigger sip of whiskey, finally finishing her second drink. The glass slides towards the back of the bar. The dutiful bartender take sit for a refill, “I’m sure we can find some trouble to get into.”