awards
2,630 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
it's HOT and it's READY (cats)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 22:42:37 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,adrianevent]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
one way

[attr=class,lyric2]
or another

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
i'm gonna find you, i'mm gonna get you

[attr=class,bulk]What do I look like, a fountain machine? But there was a cook book and a snappy cat on his back, so he looked it up: Apparently they had everything they needed to make an all natural Bouncy Brionne Soda. Hawlucha used BOUNCE to shake up some water and other materials to carbonate it, while a Marill mixed BUBBLE and BUBBLE BEAM to help make the carbonation smoother. Chansey pitched in with SING, creating a symphony that resonating with the bouncing and rattling of the canister, helping to keep it all from fizzing up and exploding when it was poured.[break][break]

Chocolate cake was, well... a cake walk compared to the soda. PSYCHIC from Starmie helped to assisted the pokemon whose hands weren't suited to the manual labor, while a Hatterene's MAGIC POWDER and a Ribombee's POLLEN PUFF were added to the basic cake mix to add some extra flare. This was all orchestrated by an Oranguru that had been told to INSTRUCT them while Adrian went out for a smoke break.[break][break]

I hope everything turns out okay...

tags [break]

BOUNCY BRIONNE SODA[break]
Bounce, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Sing[break]
[break]

RIBOMBEE CHOCOLATE CAKE[break]
Psychic, Magic Powder, Pollen Puff, Instruct[break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]
CATS V. DOGS COOK-OFF

BARISTACATS #12 [CLOSING]

[attr=class,adrianeventcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.adrianevent .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .accentborder, .adrianevent .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .accenttext, .adrianevent .bulk b, .adrianevent .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/ST6s3J.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1, .adrianevent .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1 div, .adrianevent .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.adrianevent .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 22:48:01 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
It took a moment for her gaze to lift back towards the redhead again. She hadn’t let many people meet Delta just yet. The five-year old had only been in Hoenn for roughly a week. Sagira had come ahead on her own to get a feel for the region and its state. It was a dangerous place—but anywhere seemed better than Kanto.

Sénon wasn’t just anybody. 

“My kid. Whenever you want to.”

A steel spatula slid underneath and turned the burgers, juice dropping with a hiss.

ORDER #12

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 22:49:48 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"People seem to be paying premium for these specialties, so I don't think String will be stingy." And even if he had been, they could always beat the payday out of him like Senon mentioned. "I think he's just glad to have the help, otherwise business wouldn't be booming." The amount of food they'd made was a lot, at least for a kitchen staff this size. Or maybe Derek's thoughts were a misconception of what this line of work at this level was like. Maybe they had it easy on the closing shift...

Gliding past them and trying not to eavesdrop on the conversation, Derek gave some thought to the curiosity as well, but ultimately continued prepping the next batch and tidying up the messy fridge.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
I picked the stitches, now I can't stop bleeding
awards
2,630 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 22:58:22 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,adrianevent]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
one way

[attr=class,lyric2]
or another

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]For starters, the latte would require some boiled water; WHIRLPOOL and LAVA PLUME came together nicely to create the perfect, frothing base for the heated beverage. An Arbok SWALLOWED some of the extra concoction for taste, while his Porygon TRACED an image onto its surface. I hate these novelty drinks...[break][break]

The next dish was a hearty meal he would like to replicated back home. A Spinda DIZZY PUNCHES some raw burger to tenderize it and form patties while an Exeggcutor's BARRAGE provides eggs for Adrian to cook. In order to cook it all fast enough, Adrian conjures up a Drifloon to exploit its FLARE BOOST, helping to sear some flavor into the burger and to bring the rice to a boil.

tags
[break]

FURRET ROASTED TEA LATTE[break]
Whirlpool, Lava Plume, Swallow, Trace[break]
[break]

SNORLAX LOCO MOCO[break]
Dizzy Punch, Barrage, Flare Boost[break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]
CATS V. DOGS COOK-OFF

BARISTACATS #13 [CLOSING]

template by punki

[newclass=.adrianevent .accentborder, .adrianevent .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .accenttext, .adrianevent .bulk b, .adrianevent .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/ST6s3J.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1, .adrianevent .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1 div, .adrianevent .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 23:09:04 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Derek was probably right, none of them worked the register to see the prices but all these meals were pretty high-brow.

He was taken aback to find that Sagira had given birth at some point in the last decade or so. He was expecting to hear about a husband or wife, not so much a kid.

Sagira never struck him as the type to lay down roots with a guy who wouldn't be around. Maybe she was married now and the significant other didn't believe in rings.

There was a multimedia mogul couple who got matching tattoos on their ring fingers instead of rings. It wasn't unheard of. But also, it wasn't his business, best not to pry.

"Okay, I'll hold you to that."
Knowing she had a kid opened up a lot of questions about history they hadn't had the chance to bridge.

More than anything else now he wanted to know who the father was.

That was a conversation for their ears only and so while Malcolm and Hoffman tended the orders that remained he helped Sagira by dressing the buns and chopping the lettuce tomatoes onions.

"-Who named her Delta?" He liked it. "Rho" was one he might use one day.

● tags: , ,

● notes: Baristacats, Closing shift

ORDER #13

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 0:08:00 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
That looks really good. Derek can't help his eyes from lingering at the Snorlax Loco Moco, or the Furrest Roaste Tea Latte for that matter. While Adrian and his pokemon finish, he wipes where they left off so that they could start anew. The sound of something at the back door catches his attention, but Derek pays it no mind as he continues his cleaning duties. Probably just a wild dog or cat looking for scraps...

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 11:03:33 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Another change of gloves, and she was reaching for a single slice of cheese to place over one of the nearly cooked burgers. She shrugged at Derek. “I don’t mind paying if I need to.” But, leaving with a meal seemed to be more common than not in kitchens--at least the ones she'd been in.

The scent of espresso drifted over her shoulder, and she figured the time she’d spent breaking down the machine had been frivolous. However, a small turn in that direction found that it was a pokémon this time.

Without questioning, she grabbed a different spatula and removed the burgers, one cheese, one without, from the grill and into a paper-lined box with Sénon’s set-up. “That’s fine.” She cast a brief glance at him again. As with the time in the cave, there was a hint of sadness lingering behind a small smile. “I did.”

Heat was reduced, and she turned to deliver both spatulas to the dish wells.

ORDER #13

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
I picked the stitches, now I can't stop bleeding
awards
2,630 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 19:07:03 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,adrianevent]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
one way

[attr=class,lyric2]
or another

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]They were tidying up when suddenly, Strings bailed to the back, scratching at a door he'd never bothered checking behind. "Uh, Strings, you good?" No response. "Strings?" Still nothing. He decides to approach. "Pspsps," he begins, and then suddenly a body falls out from behind the door once it opens. "Fuck!" Adrian would've bailed, except it turned out they were alive, but their aura? Wrecked. And that lavender miasma?[break][break]

Wretched and wholly unnatural. It gave him the heebie-jeebies.
[break][break]

"Senon, Sagira, Derek; help me with this shit," he cries out before shouldering the man and helping him take a seat. I hope he's not contagious. Eventually he'd seated, and he explains his... "injury". Strings seems attached to him, and well, he's their boss, so...[break][break]

He does what comes naturally. A Slowking's STRANGE MEDICINE is the base of his wet mix, but a Pyukumuku was required to PURIFY it. Oranguru applies some hocus-pocus using the power of its TRICK ROOM, which isn't originally in the recipe, but the man they're helping says it will help him slow the spread of infection or whatever. Makes sense, I guess. But that made it seem like he'd been wounded by a pokemon or something, the way Adrian figured it.[break][break]

He mixes the dry mix into the wet solution while a Gardevoir and a Hatterene assist, using HEAL BELL and HEALER respectively to further improve the custard's medical applications. Once it sets, he passes the ordeal off to someone else and returns to the stranger's side. "So... what really happened there, bub?" He expected some honesty.
tags , , [break]

SYLVEON CUSTARD SLICE[break]
Trick Room, Heal Bell, Purify, Healer, Neutralizing Gas, Curious Medicine[break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]
CATS V. DOGS COOK-OFF

BARISTACATS #14 [CLOSING]

template by punki

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 19:13:36 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Strings scratching at the backdoor of the pop-up stall lead to his trainer, head chef coming to give his thanks and eventually relieve them for the night before heading over to the doghouse across the street.

Of course they had to help his sickly frame back onto his feet and then to a place to rest.

Before he went he shared a decedent recipe with the others to fill his gut, satisfy his sweet tooth and heal whatever is was that ailed him.

He'd been roughed up plenty in his life and he'd never seen an "injury" like that.

what the even is this? Shadow Chef?!?!

The Head Ranger squinted only in the slightest at the purple 'spoot' of air coming from his joints, before turning his attention back to his crew.

"Turns out sharing a kitchen with the four of you meant I didn't have to do a damn thing." After Sagira had her dinner all ready and he'd helped Hoffman put away the cleaning supplies he watched Malcolm put together this custard cake concoction.

"Maybe you trade in that pen and microphone for a chef's knife and a rubber scraper." He wouldn't do it, no truly tortured artist ever switched their mediums.

"Hoffman, you have an assignment in Fortree in a couple days, I'll see you there." He'd send the documentation in the morning. Right now he just wanted to shower and knockout in front of a tv. "Let's go Officer Mosse, you can give me police escort back home."

● tags: , ,

● notes: Baristacats, Closing shift

ORDER #14

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 20:17:09 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
Tools fell into soapy water with a clatter, and were left there when a man stumbled out of a storage room at the back of the stall. He was clearly hurt, but that wasn’t the most startling detail—it was that his shoulder seemed to be spewing some sort of fog. She’d never seen anything like it before, and for a moment, all she did was stare.

Then, Adrian was taking action, and it spurred her to do the same.

“Are you alright?”

She met the man’s side, ready to assist in any way that she could while his medicinal order was completed. Her eyes continued to shift back towards his ‘wound’ in parts curiosity and horror. Hoenn had been full of surprises so far.

Once all was complete and they were ready to go, she found her boxes and then looked over at Senon, scrunching eyebrows at him. He knew she wasn’t a cop, right?

“Oh, okay. Let’s go.”

Not only was Sagira without police vehicle, but she was without a means of personal transportation altogether. Buses, trains, feet, and the occasional taxi worked just fine.

ORDER #14
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 20:21:03 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Derek couldn't help but grumble while the others got to do anything remotely fun, all while he got stuck finishing the mess, and watching the custard while it was heated. But then he thought better of it: That wound is definitely contagious or something. They could all catch their deaths while he slaved away over the stove for all he cared.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing