awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
it's HOT and it's READY (cats)
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 8:04:56 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Dressing the icy treats with blue and yellow candies that resembled swablu, Derek offers them up as finished before returning to cleaning alongside Adrian. Swift work is made of the many messes they've made, and though that was mostly what he'd been doing the whole time? He had no qualms with it. Observing their pokemon put on a show as they worked wonders in the kitchen was an appreciated change of pace.

Derek only wished he could've been more helpful, but even that thought quickly passed by when he began watching them prepare for the next order.

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
the whispers in the trees are getting near
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 15:10:53 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

The orders seemed to be slowing down, and Strings gave the mewing command to begin closing. Still with Toxel in tow, Sage moved out of the way for Adrian to begin his dishes. She’d kept up with them well enough. Time for something else.

Reaching to her belt behind an apron, she released a Castform to float along beside her. “Hose it down,” she instructed. A focused HYDRO PUMP followed her finger at food-soiled areas, shifting some wheeled equipment out of the way as they went. “Watch your feet!”

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 19:17:11 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

With a yawn that came from nowhere Sénon began to stretch while Adrian handled the order.

Sagira was cleaning and babysitting and Hoffman was cleaning also. Strings wouldn't have to do much of anything but put up the 'CLOSED' sign.

ORDER #9

Stepping away for a moment he left Amparos in Adrian's stead its PLUS needed for something. Wandering off for a moment the Head Ranger was in need of a discreet bush and after, some hand sanitizer.

● tags: , ,

● notes: Baristacats, Closing shift

ORDER #9

SNEASEL BURGER not started!
PIKACHU FRUIT FLAN not started!

POPPIN' PACHIRISU FLOAT INcomplete!
PLUS (ABILITY)

Ice Scales (Ability) needed!
Minus (Ability) needed!

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 19:42:42 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Scrubbing surfaces with a brisk pace, Derek narrowly avoided what Sagira's Castform sent rolling. Letting out a sigh of relief for his toes and/or shin, he pulled out some degreaser to ensure a deep clean around the countertops he was charged with. It hadn't made a lot of sense to begin cleaning when they still had orders, but hopefully Strings did this with something in mind?

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
I picked the stitches, now I can't stop bleeding
awards
2,630 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 20:09:49 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,adrianevent]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
one way

[attr=class,lyric2]
or another

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
i'm gonna find you, i'mm gonna get you

[attr=class,bulk]Closing time the night before had been somewhat unusual, though he tried not to let it get to him as they prepared to push through another closing shift.[break][break]

The boss pins the latest note to the string and Adrian rips it off, looking at the order: Alright... Let's see, he muses while preparing the necessary tools and pokemon: A Grovyle provides greens with a LEAF STORM while a Dusclops cooks and tenderizes a burger with consecutive FIRE PUNCHES. It all comes together in time to be placed between two buns before being set on a plate.[break][break]

Appletun and Flapple sit on the counter before Adrian, while a Farfetch'd whacked them with its leek: The violence coerced one to release a GRAV APPLE, while the other watched and snickered. Farfetch'd would then be able to CUT the apple into chunks before applying a few good whacks to the fatter of the two, forcing it to secrete its APPLE ACID reflexively, which could then be applied to the dessert.
tags ()[break]

SNEASEL BURGER[break]
Leaf Storm, Fire Punch[break]
[break]
POPPIN' PACHIRISU FLOAT[break]
Plus (Slowe), Minus, Ice Scales[break]
[break]
PIKACHU FRUIT FLAN[break]
Grav Apple, Apple Acid, Cut[break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]
CATS V. DOGS COOK-OFF

BARISTACATS #9 [CLOSING]

[attr=class,adrianeventcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.adrianevent .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .accentborder, .adrianevent .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .accenttext, .adrianevent .bulk b, .adrianevent .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/ST6s3J.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1, .adrianevent .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1 div, .adrianevent .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.adrianevent .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 21:27:22 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar

Sagira watched for a moment as the Dusclops pounded the burger, cooking it simultaneously. The smell wafted outward more and more with each flaming impact, and made her stomach growl.

Waving and pointing a couple of quick times to send the Castform off to clean by itself, she then stepped away. A phone was plucked out of her back pocket and thumbs texted a sitter. Short and sweet.
delta eat yet?

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,630 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 21:37:33 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,adrianevent]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
one way

[attr=class,lyric2]
or another

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]Farfetch'd SLAMS the pizza dough to flatten it, while a Spinda's TEETERING DANCE helps it to keep the dough spinning, achieving that extra thin, extra crispy crust that perfect for a pizza. After applying the marina, Chansey FLINGS some cheese, some extra cheese, and even a few extra toppings. It just needs to be cooked, which Adrian leaves to Senon, their impromptu head chef.[break][break]

The rest is up to him: A Thievul's PARTING SHOT adds the secret ingredient for their Pancham Fried Rice, while a Rolycoly's STEAM ENGINE fuels the fires of their rice cooker, bringing it to a violent boil.
tags [break]

CHEESY ROWLET PIZZA[break]
Teeter Dance, Slam, Fling, Ember[break]
[break]
PLAYFUL PANCHAM FRIED RICE[break]
Parting Shot, Steam Engine[break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]
CATS V. DOGS COOK-OFF

BARISTACATS #10 [CLOSING]

template by punki

[newclass=.adrianevent .accentborder, .adrianevent .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .accenttext, .adrianevent .bulk b, .adrianevent .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/ST6s3J.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1, .adrianevent .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .lyric1 div, .adrianevent .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianeventcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 21:44:00 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Moving to clean the stovetop now that the counters were clean, albeit only until the pizza dough and other food was flattened and prepped atop it's surface, Derek applied much more degreaser this time as it was utterly filthy.

Messy, messy, messy. It was all he could manage to think as he applied as much elbow grease as possible before checking on the next order. Looking for the ingredients, he set them aside for the others to take once they were ready. Kitchens were busy work.

| ORDER #10
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 21:53:45 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

The sun had set but the orders weren't slowing down any. Seemingly the others had it all in had. Sagira kept the place spotless Adrian did the lions share of the cooking and and Hoffman lended backup on whatever of those two fronts where he was needed.

ORDER #10

Ampharos returned with a note from Adrian and before long Sénon returned from the wilds with clean hands and a little EMBER-spitter by his side.

Probably his most powerful charmander yet, she hadn't earned a name yet.

Still she made short work of the pizza; bringing the cheese to a luring bubble and the crust to a browned crisp.

ORDER #10

CHEESY ROWLET PIZZA complete!
Teeter Dance, Slam, Fling, Ember

PLAYFUL PANCHAM FRIED RICE complete!
Parting Shot, Steam Engine (ABILITY)

close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 21:58:49 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
The answer came back quick—too quick. This particular sitter was young; still in school, and always on her phone, scrolling, scrolling… It might’ve been fine for a different child, but Delta was somewhat of an abnormal case.

She pocketed her own device and returned to her Castform. “Thanks for your help.” The weather pokemon was returned and secured at her belt again, before she washed hands, slipped on gloves, and went for a fridge. She’d keep out of the way skillfully while preparing a quick meal to split later with her daughter.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,630 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 22:10:22 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,adrianevent]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
one way

[attr=class,lyric2]
or another

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]Pancakes. Got it. A Starmie helped to FLIP and TURN them before they got too burnt, meanwhile an Impidimp pressed them FLATTER with a spatula to keep them from getting obnoxiously puffy. It also seared the picture of an Eevee onto the pancakes, which was part of the novelty. Decidueye exploited its U-TURN when an errant pancake got flip turned too far away from the stove, and the HELPING HAND of a Hitmonchan assisted in getting them onto plates with adequate sums of syrup and butter.[break][break]

The waffles were a different story. Hawlucha jumped down from the cupboards with a FLYING PRESS that slammed the waffle iron closed. When they were finished, Greedent couldn't help but want to STUFF CHEEKS, stealing away some of the tasty dish for itself, meanwhile Adrian's favored ursine companion, a Teddiursa with a strange red hat and blue jacket, was sent to HONEY GATHER when their syrup supply had run low.[break][break]

tags [break]

EEVEE PANCAKE[break]
Flip Turn, Flatter, U-Turn, Helping Hand[break]
[break]

COMBEE WAFFLES[break]
Flying Press, Stuff Cheeks, Honey Gather[break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]
CATS V. DOGS COOK-OFF

BARISTACATS #11 [CLOSING]

template by punki

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 22:16:35 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Another reprieve from the kitchen gave him enough time to hear Sagira ending a phone call. "Good news I hope?" Glove-less he relieved her of her toxel-watch. Leaving himself a couple of minutes to coddle the baby himself before recalling her to her ball.

Meanwhile ignoring the frying and mixing he heard from the kitchen.

ORDER #11

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 22:22:50 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Wish I had some rollerblades to skate around on like one of those retro places." Derek mentions, practically skating around without wheels as he touches up where the others left off. That was to say, cleaning up after them. At least their pokemon were pretty disciplined, not allowing too much of a mess to be made in the kitchen. String would definitely have something to say if they left the place worse than when they came.

| ORDER #11
close tab

played by

mad

sage
she/her
twenty-eight
march 14th
pewter city, kanto
demisexual
retired soldier
ex lieutenant
52 height
52 height
awards
363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 22:28:24 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
She met eyes with Sénon as he called over, before placing the cold patties in her hands on the hot grill with an audible sizzle. Aromatic smoke rose, making her hungrier.

“Yeah.” There was a brief pause as amber eyes fell to the two cooking burgers. It then occurred to her that she hadn’t told him, yet. “Delta’s here in Hoenn with me now. She hasn’t eaten yet.” Neither had she.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 22:35:54 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Another reprieve from the kitchen gave him enough time to hear Sagira ending a phone call. "I usually work kitchens for free here and there but given the business he saw today I'm sure old Strings here will be making it well worth our time."

Strings only seemed to cock his head in confusion at the idea of paying the lot of them. Or maybe Strings was confused about something else. "I'll pry my payday from his head if he doesn't." Joking of course, he body language said as much.

The meowth came near and Sénon doubled down on his bold claims with a "pspspsps".

The more interesting news was that "Delta" was hungry and Sagira needed to feed her "-Who is Delta, when do I get to meet her? . . .him?"

ORDER #12

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP