Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
The House on Phantom Lane [M]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 3:57:48 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

barnaby once again found himself working in SLATEPORT's asshole. he detested the neighborhoods on the outskirts of the city: they were filthy, ugly, and riddled with degenerates. sure, he was currently one of those degenerates, but at least tonight he was attempting to do some good on this side of town. he, and a lucky tagalong, were assigned to clear out a newly acquired ROCKET property. oh, and the assigning officer made sure to tell them that some... weird shit... happened to the last crew that went in there. fun.[break][break]

soon the pair arrived at their destination. before the ROCKETs stood the remains of a great brownstone. the dilapidated building was a holdout from a bygone era; while the structures surrounding it were mainly industrial in nature, this was a once-loved home. the façade was all crumbling brick and slinking vines, spanning up the entirety of the four-story property. many of the windows were cracked or outright shattered, with tattered curtains billowing out of them. or, at least, barnaby thought the movement he had seen out of the corner of his eye was flapping curtains. a second glance informed him otherwise - there was nothing there... odd.[break][break]

"alright, let's get the pleasantries out of the way before we head into this hellhole." barnaby flashed a self-assured smile toward his current partner-in-crime. "i didn't get the chance to properly introduce myself back at headquarters. i go by BEE. what should i call you?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#6bc0e9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:6px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:45px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2021 16:52:00 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Izzy spent way too much of his time in Slateport feeling like an outsider - everyone else who hung around seemed to have so much of their life together, all that money, all those friends; all the things that come with living in a big hustling, bustling city. It was always more welcoming to be here in the outskirts of the city, where all the grime and filth mingled - he felt more at home. Reminded him of old backalleys back in Castelia where he could chill in peace. As much as he hated doing business for the team so close to his home, if it was going to be anywhere, it might as well be here.[break][break]

Good memories aside, though, this place looked like shit. Like, crumbling, falling down, not even good enough for squatters kind of shit. Someone lived here once, though, and... presumably something did now, if the mission report was anything to go by. He took a breath. It was just a simple clear-out job. Myszko could get some biting out of his system, Izzy could get paid, all easy and uncomplicated.[break][break]

Izzy pulled his collar up a little higher and his hat down a little further - he hated the idea of ever being recognised at a gig like this - and met his partner's eyes. Some fancy pretty boy, the kind who smiles like sunlight. Izzy didn't smile back. "Bee. Right. Uh, I'm Izzy. You ready to... y'know... head in? And do... the thing?" Ah, conversation - Izzy had never excelled at it.

[attr="class","rigidtag"]

[attr="class","rigidnotes"]

notes.

<3

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #c2ecf2; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #c2ecf2; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7a6578; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #9c9c9c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #c2ecf2; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7a6578; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7a6578; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7a6578; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2021 1:21:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

his eyes met izzy's and lingered there for just a moment longer than what might have made his companion comfortable. he could hide behind his hat all he wanted, but barnaby recognized a cute face when he saw one. well, cute in a gruff sort of way, he supposed. "yes, let's do the thing. i'll take the lead." the older man replied airily, smirking.[break][break]

quickly, barnaby tightened the elastic band holding his black hair in place before releasing his LIEPARD from its poké ball. it was time. he strode forward with confidence, taking each crumbling stairstep with ease until he reached the weathered front door. a large knocker in the shape of a roaring lion's head was centered on the door itself. the handle was made of heavy brass with an elongated, ornate keyhole. barnaby retrieved the key from his pocket and attempted to open the door... but the key stuck. it didn't even so much as turn a millimeter in the keyhole. barnaby looked over his shoulder and remarked to izzy, "strange. this is the key i was given by the underboss."[break][break]

then, a knock. hollow sounding but deafening amidst the night's silence.[break][break]

barnaby slowly turned back to see the knocker's handle hovering... before dropping again. knock, knock, knock. moments passed and he tried turning the key again. nothing. fine. the ROCKET reached for the handle and mimicked: knock, knock, knock.[break][break]

the door creaked open ever so slowly...
[break][break]

+ izzy's adorable omggg[break]
mission: paranormal activity

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:6px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:45px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2021 2:58:54 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

"That's-- yeah, you..." Ugh. Staring at him like that... too intense and too long, it made Izzy's cheeks redden - he thanked Arceus that it was darker out to cover that up somewhat, at least. Made him feel like a kid, too - this guy surely could only be a couple years older than him, but still, the confidence aged him. Or maybe the self-consciousness de-aged Izzy. Either way - he unclipped his Salandit's pokeball from his bag and released the feral little lizard out onto the floor, where Myszko promptly climbed up and around Izzy's shoulders as he so often did. He cleared his throat, centred himself. "...go ahead"[break][break]

The older guy moved ahead to unlock the door with the conviction of a man who acted like unlocking doors was his life's work, except the key jammed in place. "Y'don't think he... gave the wrong key?" Impossible, obviously - as if the underboss would fuck up like that, but what else would be the reason? Except for, y'know, the spooky door knocking itself, which was also a thing that could happen, apparently. "The fuck..." He whispered, half to himself, half out loud; not on-purpose. He didn't spook easily, but... shit was weird. [break][break]

When the door swung open, like an invitation... Izzy couldn't help but feel his hands go a little colder beneath their gloves. Obviously whatever lived here now was... welcoming them in, or maybe daring them to enter? This time it was him who instigated the eye contact, taking a step forward and staring up into Bee's eyes. "...Guess we're going in, then, huh?". Myszko hissed in quiet agreement on his shoulder, his tail flicking against the fabric of Izzy's jacket. "And... try not to get possessed?" Said as deadpan as they come, but there was a smile there, just almost.

notes.

ahhh thank you ;-;

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #c2ecf2; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #c2ecf2; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7a6578; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #c2ecf2; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7a6578; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7a6578; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7a6578; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2021 1:25:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

barnaby met izzy's gaze, his smug confidence beginning to falter a bit. the self-opening door had definitely rattled him, but the ROCKET tried his best to maintain composure. "yep, we're going in. stay close and don't get separated from me." that's when all the fucked up shit happens in horror movies. dumbasses isolate themselves.[break][break]

his attention snapped back to the other man after hearing his... joke? it was hard to tell, but barnaby smirked nonetheless. maybe the guy wasn't as detached as he seemed. "if i do get possessed, i have full confidence in you to kill whatever demon-spawn has its hold on me." a wink accompanied his affirmation before barnaby took the plunge and entered the brownstone.[break][break]

it was dark as pitch and eerily quiet. a futile flick of a nearby light switch proved useless. sighing, barnaby fished a flashlight from his backpack and turned it on. let there be light. or, a conical zone of light that barely seemed to illuminate the space. he could at least recognize that they were currently in a foyer area; in front of them stood a grand, rotting staircase that curved up to all three of the building's upper floors; to the left was a formal sitting room and to the right was what appeared to be a dining room, though there was no table. any furniture that remained was covered in moth-eaten sheets.[break][break]

as barnaby moved the flashlight around, continuing to inspect the area immediately within the entrance of the home, he stopped at one of the walls closest to the entry door. ringed in light was an alarming message, written in what looked like blood.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2021 1:36:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: pumpkaboo can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 0:19:45 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Stay close and don't get separated seemed like fair enough advice, though the inner grumpy teenager that had never quite left Izzy's mind kind of wanted to fuck off and be alone just to spite him. Rebelling against authority wasn't really something you could act on once you'd joined Team Rocket, however. No matter how much he missed it sometimes, it wasn't worth getting stabbed in the back - literally - by some admin later on for defying orders.[break][break]

"Ugh." was all he managed to muster at the wink - he would've said something snappy and trite, but didn't want to risk his voice quavering like a verbal blush, so instead gave a quick nod and followed the taller man into the house. It was dark, it was silent; even the old boards and slats of the building barely creaked. The place was big and grand in it's time, and now that it had fallen from grace it only seemed eerily uninviting, like some great maw.[break][break]

When he saw the message scrawled along the wall, he couldn't help but feel his breath hitch a little.
"...Is'at blood?" He hiss-whispered at his partner, then looked around the entrance. Everything outside of the torch's light was almost too dark to see, but there was a sensation there; like eyes at the back of his head, like something moving closer... and then, the faintest sound of something tiny and hard hitting the floor.[break][break]

As Izzy bent down to take a look, he picked up the two little items, passing one to his partner. Rare candies. As he rolled the wrapped candy between his index finger and thumb, he squinted. "...Are we being pranked? Or are the demons here just real generous?"

notes.

🎃

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2021 0:04:49 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

tentatively, barnaby collected the candy from the floor. he rolled it between his thumb and index finger a few times, feeling for any abnormalities. was this a trick or a genuine peace offering? it doesn't matter either way. the ghostly inhabitants of the building needed to be evicted and that was exactly what he intended to do. "keep focused, izzy." barnaby hiss-whispered back. "they know why we're here. let's get this done before they start throwing more dangerous things at us."[break][break]

something suddenly caught the ROCKET's eye. a shadow lingered at the very edge of the light emitted from his torch, somehow darker than the surrounding blackness. and yet, when barnaby tried to illuminate it, it moved just out of reach. "celeste... attaque." without hesitation the LIEPARD pounced, dark energy accumulating around her paws before she struck the shadow with a vicious NIGHT SLASH. her attack proved successful. a PUMPKABOO rolled into the light, yellow eyes dull and glazed over, before disintegrating into nothingness. "one down." barnaby declared, smiling over at the younger man beside him.[break][break]

"where to next? left or right?" he waved the flashlight to indicate either direction - left to the formal living area, right to the dining room.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2021 22:12:08 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Throwing more dangerous things? It was a fair point. First stray rare candies, then what? Crockery, old candlesticks? Knives? Izzy liked his skin and clothing not full of holes, thank you very much.[break][break]

He almost jumped when his partner’s Liepard leapt - quite literally - into action, taking out the poor Pumpkaboo that disappeared not long after. Myszko scrabbled down from his shoulder, sniffing interestedly at the area where the little pumpkin pokemon had fell. He sniffed again, then, and before even looking back, rushed off in the direction of the dining room.[break][break]

”Ah - Myszko! Don’t just… run off” Too little too late, and the little lizard’s tail disappeared in the darkness behind the great door, just a little ajar. He could just feel Bee and the Liepard judging him - no control over such a small little pokemon? Ugh. Why couldn’t the fucker ever do what he was told?! ”...He’s probably just, y’know… caught it’s… smell. Or something. Right it is, huh?” Spoken with the confidence of someone who was pretending their dumb pet was, indeed, very smart.[break][break]

He pocketed the rare candy he’d been holding and gently took the torch from Bee. “Here, let me go first - you make sure nothing’s following us in, yeah?”. Seemed only fair that he should go first, considering it was his moron lizard that was potentially leading them into a deathtrap.[break][break]

notes.

🎃

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 22:28:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"bonne, celeste. excellent execution." the violet cat purred as she returned to her trainer. in typical feline fashion, she pressed up against barnaby affectionately and circled him a few times before sitting at his feet. meanwhile, izzy's own pokémon was doing something... - oh crap! suddenly, the diminutive lizard scuddled off into the next room.[break][break]

"it's smell? do ghosts even HAVE a scent?" barnaby questioned in a tone laced with agitation. not anger, just slight annoyance, and maybe a little fear. i say to stick together and five seconds later someone makes a run for it. just then the flashlight was yanked from his hand and barnaby was... definitely not amused by this turn of events.[break][break]

"merde..." he hissed before launching himself after izzy. like hell was he going to be left alone in the dark. celeste followed obediently after him, her claws extended and at the ready to unleash another NIGHT SLASH when needed.

[break][break]

+   can't wait to see what myszko finds 👀[break]
mission: paranormal activity

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 1:20:03 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Following Myszko into the following room, Izzy would have never admitted that he was honestly pretty fucking terrified - dashing into the darkness with just a torch and nothing else? Izzy couldn't fight a ghost! If you were getting mauled by a Pyroar or something, you could at least give it a smack in the nose before it burnt you to a crisp![break][break]

The dining room was huge - huger than Izzy expected, and he had already expected it to be pretty expansive. Huge, it was, but mostly peculiar - candlesticks were still lit and the wax strong and high, like they'd only just been lit. The great dining table was laid with food, a veritable feast of the world's most delicious foods - a pile of delicate Kalosian macarons, bowls of Yakisoba from Johto, even a plate of burgers that looked like they came from a delicious, sleazy Unovan diner.[break][break]

And there, right in the middle of it all, a delightful little tink, tink sound coming from his teeth bouncing off of something hard, laid the nasty mite himself. "Myszko, you asshole, put that shit down, it's ghost food, not yours!"[break][break]

Except... with closer inspection, the little Salandit wasn't chewing on food. And he also wasn't alone - beside him floated a sobbing young YAMASK, watching Myszko chew upon it's prized golden mask like last night's leftovers.

notes.

i'm sure mummy cofagrigus is fine with this monkas

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 0:37:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

It didn't take long for Barnaby to catch up to Izzy and his slippery little SALANDIT. Inspecting the scene before him, the ROCKET saw a verifiable FEAST laid out along the antique dining table. It was a grand affair, offering delicacies from countries across the world. The food almost glistened in the candlelight and, God help him, Barnaby felt a nagging urge to have just one bite. Those sweet macarons were singing his name, alluring and supple like an enchanting siren. Just one bite... he took a step forward. [break][break]

Then, a small pain on his forearm. Enough to snap him back to reality. Barnaby looked down to see his arm in Celeste's maw; she held him gently, but firmly. "Chère... thank you." The LIEPARD gave a little head shake for good measure before releasing her trainer.[break][break]

The sound of unbridled munching and the wails of a distressed Pokémon drew Barnaby's gaze back toward the table. It was a foreboding scene because... damn it, he knew what would happen next. Sure enough, only seconds passed before the sound of YAMASK's sobs and cries for help lured in its ghostly protectors.[break][break]

Not one, but two Pokémon emerged from the shadows. As if separating from the wall itself a CONFAGRIGUS, accompanied by an equally terrifying RUNERIGUS, soon hovered before the two ROCKETs. Only the antique table separated the ghosts from the intruders. Exhibiting alarming speed, the CONFAGRIGUS struck first at Myszko using a SHADOW CLAW imbued with dark energy. The RUNERIGUS, on the other hand, turned its attention to the human closest to its wailing child.[break][break]

"Fuck! Izzy, watch out!" Acting basically on instinct, Barnaby grabbed his companion's elbow and pulled him out of harm's way. Simultaneously, Celeste leapt forward so that she was between the ghostly attacker and the two men.

[break][break]

+  sorry for the wait! ;-; i wasn't feeling well the past week or so and am just now getting my strength back[break]
mission: paranormal activity[break]
bingo prompt 1/4

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 23:56:42 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Izzy had been expecting the Cofagrigus, but the Runerigus was a little extra drama that they definitely did not need. Admittedly, it wasn't too surprising, consider how fucking weird this place felt, that there would be two powerful ghost types here.[break][break]

Everything seemed to happen all at once - Bee's Liepard jumped into action just as fast as Myszko did, though the main difference being that the Liepard was protecting the two rockets, and the Salandit was scuttling under the table to protect itself. Ahh, Myszko. Never change.[break][break]

Izzy felt a hand on him and a pull, hard, all-but stumbling into his taller partner and then steadying himself against his chest for just a brief second.[break]
"Shit- uh- thanks" [break][break]

Ignoring Myszko's entire existence - that motherfucker rarely allowed himself to be put in a ball even in a situation like this - Izzy unclipped a different pokéball and let out Sen, the little DUSKULL.[break][break]

"Sen- stop them from doing that shit" He called, and the little ghost listened and squared up with the much larger pokémon as if it were nothing. With a bright, shining blink of his single red eye, Sen left the COFAGRIGUS unable to claw at them again, with the help of a quick DISABLE.[break][break]

They had been tasked with cleaning this place out, after all, which meant... the Yamask's parents had to be taken out.[break][break]

notes.

no worries dove ;-; <3

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2021 2:08:01 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

It may have only been a brief second, but the feeling of Izzy leaning into his chest stirred something in Barnaby. Hmm. He'd have to address that feeling later.[break][break]

For now, shit was going down. The YAMASK, having recovered its golden mask, was now cowering in the corner behind its parents. Parents who were, quite rightly, extremely pissed. Everything in the dining room that wasn't nailed down had begun whizzing around the space, poltergeist style. The flames of the candles, now airborne, were alternating in intensity - dim one second, burning bright another. It made for a spooky show.[break][break]

The RUNERIGUS, angered by the intruders and this turn of events, smacked a nearby chair. The blunt force sent it flying across the room. Wood met wall and the chair basically exploded on impact.[break][break]

"Screw this." Barnaby muttered under his breath before reaching for another Poké Ball - this time belonging to his DELPHOX, Delphine. [break][break]

"Celeste, Delphine - now!" The pair didn't hesitate; the fox Pokémon began her assault with a devastating SHADOW BALL directed at the RUNERIGUS. The outraged ghost wailed in pain, but its cry was cut short; Celeste cut him off with a well-placed NIGHT SLASH. With its last ounce of strength it extended one of its spectral hands toward the YAMASK... before fading away.

[break][break]

+  👀[break]
mission: paranormal activity[break]
bingo prompt 2/4

close tab

played by

evan

izzy
he/him
october 1st
castelia city, unova
gay
mechanic
grunt
grumpy
do not perceive me
50 height
50 height
co było, nie wróci
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izydor
Izydor Baranowski
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 0:16:51 GMT
Izydor Baranowski Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

If Izzy had been actually aware of the fact that he'd ended up face-first in Bee's chest, he would've been a blushing mess - he'd never been good with any physical contact, let alone something like that. He always died inside when getting looked at too hard, so actually making contact was a whole league of it's own. Luckily, he was having a near-death experience to distract himself from all that.[break][break]

By the time he'd collected himself, the Runerigus was beginning to fade - the work of Bee's quick thinking at bringing out another pokémon to help. The COFAGRIGUS, unable to claw like it wanted to, hissed and began to clasp it's hands together, forming a SHADOW BALL between it's wispy palms; and Izzy only noticed until it was already launching at the lone Duskull.[break][break]

"Fuck - hit it back!"[break][break]

Sen already knew what to do. It took the Shadow Ball as a direct hit, getting slammed back into the wall like a Seel-slapped beach ball. Izzy called out to the little ghost, ready to throw it's pokéball and zap it back into safety, but Sen used the last of his energy to launch a PAYBACK. While Sen hit the floor and fainted, the COFAGRIGUS took the full brunt of the super effective, full-force attack.[break][break]

Not even left with enough power to turn back to it's child that cowered in the corner, the Cofagrigus lost it's power in one fell swoop, and faded away.[break][break]

Izzy sighed and ran a hand through his hair, pushing his fringe from his face. He threw Sen's ball his way, taking the injured ghost-type back into safety.[break][break]

Was it guilt that caused him to dig for an empty ball and throw it at the terrified YAMASK? Or was it just part of clearing out the place? Maybe a little bit of both. It was still basically a baby, after all, and Izzy felt a little more awkward about killing it than he did with it's parents.[break][break]

"...We can probably just stick it in the market or something." He shrugged, met eyes with Bee. "Do you think that's everything?" He takes a quick glance around the empty room, only to realise just a few seconds after... the empty room? Where did...[break][break]

"...All the food's gone."