1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
Jynx! (Knock on Wood) [AA]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 23:04:05 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
There was a light brown stain splashed against the tiles between his feet.

Were they his feet, actually? He felt light and floaty and staticky, like a balloon, and these feet were far too heavy to be his. Maybe they were weighted so he wouldn’t float up and up and into the ceiling fan. Like a balloon.

De-De helped a bit, even if the Delibird made his arm fall asleep where she was slumped snoring against it. He wanted to move it, but it had the same not-his feeling weighing it down as the rest of him, so he let it be.

Right. The stain.

It was tan-ish and fist-sized and probably used to be coffee. That was a thing with police, right? Coffee and donuts.

They’d never actually been in a police station before now, so all they had were tv and stereotypes. Ostensibly they were here to answer some questions about the party and the Unown, but the officer had left them and De-De at this bench about fifteen or twenty or thirty minutes ago with a body that didn’t feel like theirs and the coffee stain.

It looked a bit like a Psyduck.

Weren’t they supposed to give people some kind of blanket for stuff like this? The heavy kind, like their feet, that kept people from floating around after a bad thing happened, like a balloon. The only thing they had draped around them was the bright red jacket they’d brought with them, still smelling faintly of burnt fiber.

They would probably throw it out when they had a body again.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 23:23:05 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,adrianevent69]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
sweet dreams

[attr=class,lyric2]
are made of this...

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
...who am i to disagree?

[attr=class,bulk]"Alright, alright," Adrian reluctantly agrees with an officer as they step through the threshold of the Mossdeep Police Department, already feeling himself tensing up, being strong-armed into their questioning. After the night's events, it was obviously everyone's prerogative to figure out what exactly had happened.[break][break]

Adrian just wished it didn't have to be him answering questions while Rowan snuck out to get them some coffee. They should've been together right now, but Rowan didn't want to risk an incident. Someone should've reminded him Adrian was a walking disaster, but he decides to go along with it. What could go wrong?
[break][break]

The officer leaves him in the waiting room where he quickly seats himself in the only empty chair, next to a stranger no less. He drums his fingers and taps his toes impatiently, before recognizing the blazer and overall state of dress they're in.[break][break]

"So... you were at the soiree too, then?" Adrian isn't one to memorize the faces of strangers so easily, so the realization doesn't set in yet. It's just small talk between co-victims from Hoenn's latest tragedy, yeah... "...Didja have a good time?"[break][break]

His voice dripped with a cynical sarcasm—he thinks he's being funny.
tags [break]
notes
[attr=class,bottom-text]
KNOCK ON WOOD

MOSSDEEP CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT

[attr=class,adrianevent69credit]
template by punki

[newclass=.adrianevent69 .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .accentborder, .adrianevent69 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .accenttext, .adrianevent69 .bulk b, .adrianevent69 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/cqmqdf.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .lyric1, .adrianevent69 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .lyric1 div, .adrianevent69 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 25px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.adrianevent69 .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 23:06:42 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
The balloon popped.

A wave of vertigo washed over Locke as their mind stuffed itself back into their body like it'd been caught without pants, barely registering the person taking the seat beside them. The stranger thankfully didn’t bother with greetings or introductions, and they were grateful for the momentary silence while the past hour finally caught up with them. The other man ended it too quickly for their liking, but long enough for them to at least remember how to be a person again.

Locke scoffed, the first noise he’d made since coming here, and raised his head to give his benchmate a suitably exhausted look.

Oh.

Just his luck.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 3:51:51 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
sweet dreams

[attr=class,lyric2]
are made of this

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
...who am i to disagree?

[attr=class,bulk]Maybe he'd been too insensitive to their plight. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make light of it. Just thought I'd crack a joke..." Nothing about them screamed familiarity, but their silence was enough that he decided to take a peek under the hood. Shinigami eyes discerned nothing was wrong, they were just an ordinary human, and yet...[break][break]

...This one recognizes you... Adrian can't help but notice their reaction to him seems... delayed, almost like a deer in the headlights. He's still not sure how it is meant until he recollects Terrakion, Yamask... and a detail of League enforcers in the bowels of Mt. Pyre. Although he isn't sure how well they recognize him, it does pose a significant complication, especially in light of where they currently reside...[break][break]

"Say bud, you're looking kind of faint... You okay?" Bracing a hand against their shoulder, his grasp on them is less-than-gentle, proving a rough gesture.
tags [break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
KNOCK ON WOOD

template by punki

[newclass=.adrianevent69 .accentborder, .adrianevent69 .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .accenttext, .adrianevent69 .bulk b, .adrianevent69 .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/cqmqdf.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .lyric1, .adrianevent69 .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .lyric1 div, .adrianevent69 .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 25px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.adrianevent69 .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69 .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69credit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianevent69credit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 21:07:39 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Of course this would happen.

Of all the worlds and universes and multiverses of course this would be the one where he ends up alone in a room with a guy who’d already tried to kill him once. Adrenaline poured through Locke’s body, screaming and howling like cornered prey to run run run-

The arm slung around Locke felt like fangs against his throat.

“I-I’m-I don’t-Please.” Locke knew they should play dumb, at least until the officer returned-why was he taking so long-but exhaustion and fear weighed down their tongue. The words were trapped by every shaky breath, unable to leave, and all they could manage to choke out was a desperate plea.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 6:31:59 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
sweet dreams

[attr=class,lyric2]
are made of this

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
...who am i to disagree?

[attr=class,bulk]"I get the feeling I'm making you uncomfortable..." They seem disinclined to act out against him, at least as long as he doesn't press the issue too directly. His fingers begin digging against the fabric, not to pain them overly, but enough to convey a message. "But just so you know, I'm not here on any... funny business."[break][break]

Adrian looks around to confirm that they are in fact alone.[break][break]

"Just don't say or do anything that might make a scene... Think you can do that for me?" His eyes linger on them overly as he withdraws his grasp, his nails dragging against the nape of their neck momentarily, exacerbating their exhaustion, intensifying their malaise. "I'm just here to give them my statement."[break][break]

"So let's leave the past where it belongs and get tonight over with, hmm?"
tags [break]
"WOLF & LAMB" bingo prompt
[attr=class,bottom-text]
KNOCK ON WOOD

template by punki

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 19:48:57 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Uncomfortable didn’t even begin to describe how Locke felt right now.

A braver man would’ve spoken up. Shot back some line about “not letting him get away with this” or something. But it was hard to be brave with no one around and a Rocket member holding him within stabbing distance.

They nodded mutely, eyes fixed on the Psyduck-shaped coffee stain.

The cold shudder and sharp intake of breath as the other man’s nails ghosted across the back of their neck were enough to wake De-De. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she sat up and yawned, looking up at her trainer to see why he’d moved. For a second, Locke worried the Delibird might notice the situation and do something reckless in his defense. But she only cocked her head at the stranger and cooed, blissfully unaware.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 8:41:41 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
sweet dreams

[attr=class,lyric2]
are made of this

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
...who am i to disagree?

[attr=class,bulk]"Thank you." Adrian does not pursue the situation further, taking the opportunity to sink back into his chair and relax for once tonight. The smell of coffee and all of the paper-based office supplies filter through his nose as he takes a deep breath.[break][break]

Glad that's settled.
[break][break]

Just in time for the officer come to take their statements. His questions were as follows:[break][break]

What did the suspects look like?[break]
Did they say anything to you?
[break][break]

"I don't know, I didn't see 'em. Someone tackled me outta the way."[break][break]

"Not that I heard. I was preoccupied dealing with the Unown."[break][break]

Adrian did his best to answer truthfully without providing any actionable information.

tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
KNOCK ON WOOD

template by punki

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 23:28:32 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
The door opened. The other man left with the officer. Just like that, Locke was alone with his thoughts again, as though the last ten minutes had never happened. He pulled De-De closer to smother the sandpaper feeling spreading throughout his body.

It didn’t help.

The wait now was somehow both longer and shorter than the last, but eventually the officer returned and guided him to a cold and impersonal interrogation room.

”Did you see any of the suspects faces?”

“No sir.”

”Do you know why you might’ve been targeted?”

“No sir.”

”Have you experienced any other unusual events tonight?”

”…No sir.”

Ultimately, Locke’s questioning was laughably short for the time they’d spent here. They were dismissed from the room almost as quickly as they’d entered, and soon after were escorted out of the building and into the night. Or maybe it was morning by now.

They shuffled in place for a bit, trying to warm up and unsure where to go now. The ticket they’d won had included a room at the observatory, but they weren’t too inclined to check if that was still valid. Any motel cheap enough in the area was also probably booked for the meteor shower. The Pokémon Center was always an option, but they were likely busy and Locke, frankly, just wanted to be alone.

…Maybe they’d just wouldn’t sleep at all tonight.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 20:18:32 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
sweet dreams

[attr=class,lyric2]
are made of this

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
...who am i to disagree?

[attr=class,bulk]Adrian waits around to intercept them, though it may not have been necessary. The fact none of the officers went to immediately confront him seemed to suggest they knew no better. But even still, one liked to have their assurances.[break][break]

Approaching Locke outside, this time keeping his distance.
[break][break]

"Did you tell them about me...?" Tone dripped with vitriol; a poorly veiled threat. He would wait for an answer, or a shift in body language should it show.

tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
KNOCK ON WOOD

template by punki

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 14:38:33 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Locke jumped at the voice, whipping around to see the other man. He immediately regretted it, struck mute with fear again even with the extra distance between them. Something in his gut told him those handful of feet would mean very little if the Rocket were so inclined.

They realized belatedly that they’d just been asked a question and quickly shook their head in response, stepping back a little and searching for exits as they did. They should’ve. Coward.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 9:35:34 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
sweet dreams

[attr=class,lyric2]
are made of this

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]
...who am i to disagree?

[attr=class,bulk]Distrust and skepticism don't let him accept it easily, but he has them in a bit of a bind. After considering the fact he hasn't been subdued yet, he chooses to take them at their word. It's probably worth more than his is at this point. "...Thank you."[break][break]

That's all he mutters before turning away to leave, checking his back every couple blocks to make sure he isn't being followed before returning to where he belongs.[break][break]

Inadvertently, Locke leaves an impression on him that he won't soon forget.

tags
[attr=class,bottom-text]
KNOCK ON WOOD

template by punki

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 1:26:09 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
There were a few beats of horrible silence, where Locke was certain the Rocket wouldn’t believe him and god it would be just his luck to get stabbed outside of a police station of all places.

But the other man just turned away, thanked him, and walked off into the night like he hadn’t just threatened him not even forty minutes ago.

Locke stood there for a few moments, letting the electric hum of the street lamp above them fill the silence while they tried to piece this most recent interaction into their understanding of the world around them.

A soft coo came from their arms, and De-De looked up at them with bleary eyes. Slowly, they pulled out her Pokéball and returned the Delibird inside for a well-deserved rest.

They wouldn’t be getting any tonight.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 1:48:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: