1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 20:25:56 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
It was time.

Thanks to 's suggestion, Summer had sent and different copies of the Shrek movies from a boxset that she had bought. Why?

Well, because it'd be funny. What other reason was there besides getting drunk on wine and watching stupid movies with these two men she had come to call her friends?

An arrangement had been made to board Mars's yacht, where Summer had been previously making candies with him. That, too, had been quite the disaster. But, nevertheless, she enjoyed her time with the admin. She boarded, a staff member tugging her belongings behind her as she walked to meet the man greeting her and Barnaby soon enough.

"I'm glad you seemed to enjoy your flowers and gift from me enough to arrange this little party, Mr. del Mar," Summer teased as she approached, a wicked smirk on her face.

"I only hope Mr. Finch enjoyed his gift too?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2022 4:36:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Luxury is the hallmark of the vessel upon which they stand, everything about it speaking of sophistication, comfort, and fun. Furniture of alabaster white adorns the deck, and within, near the cabin that Mars calls his own, there’s a sectional right in front of an unnecessarily large flat screen – a place to watch movies and do much else when the weather doesn’t call for spending time out on the deck.
[break][break]
It’s there where Mars sits all too leisurely, a chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc in hand.
[break][break]
”How could I not, when you two seem to be so fond of my yacht.” He smiles with ease, with that confident smile of his. And, it’s a chuckle that soon follows this.
[break][break]
”Can’t believe you’re actually getting us to watch these, though. Now sit, have a drink.”
[break][break]
A nearby steward approaches, offering refreshments of all kinds

[attr="class","marswttag"] &

[attr="class","marswtpokes"]

[newclass=.marswt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 6:10:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Enjoy is a bit strong, Summer. The roses were lovely, though, thank you." He responded lightly, placing a friendly kiss on her cheek. "We'll see how I feel after the movie."

Barnaby gave a polite peck to the owner of the vessel as well, although he took the briefest of seconds to whisper, low enough that Summer wouldn't hear, "It's good to be back aboard."

With a little teasing smirk he'd pull back, following the pair to Mars' entertainment quarters. As they rounded the corner and the sectional and flatscreen came into view, Barnaby inwardly smiled; fond memories of the room sprang to mind, although he kept his thoughts to himself.

"I'll have a rum sour, thank you." The stewardess promptly prepared his drink - a more tropical cocktail given their location - and, with it in hand, he too reclined into the cushions of the couch.

It was some distance away from , leaving room for Summer to sit between them if she felt so inclined.
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 2:34:40 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer waved her hand away at the person carrying her things, approaching the couch where sat and taking a seat beside him. Offered refreshments, she requested a sweet wine, her glass offered shortly after.

made her smirk crack wider on her face, though she hummed as he pressed a quick kiss to both of their cheeks.

"I feel like you're not going to remember much of the movie, Barnaby," she warned, sipping innocently from her glass.

Of course, Summer didn't come here to watch a series of children's movies. She came here for gossip, fun, drinks, and much more. Though that was made clear in their conversation as they scheduled this meeting. The movies?

It was all a prank. Perhaps part of her grand scheme to get this idea planted in their heads.

"Mars, what did you do to the spare chocolate we didn't eat? I was wondering... did we have enough to give to our dear friend?"

Of course she meant the ones that they didn't burn and weren't a complete mess.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 4:12:55 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Words whispered to his ear by none other than earn the journalist an ever so slight smirk on Mars’ part, eyes of amber meeting cobalt ones in a way that almost seems to say ”It’s good to have you back.”
[break][break]
And that it is indeed, but Mars doesn’t dwell on the fond memories that also rise in his mind with this very thought, instead simply swirling his glass of wine while allowing his guests to get comfortable.
[break][break]
A sip is almost interrupted by ’s question, for he has to stop himself from laughing when realising her intentions. Cool as a cucumber, nonchalant as ever, Mars smiles just as he had before, his answer probably being exactly what Summer had intended it to be.
[break][break]
”Oh, we probably still have some of those. Could you check for us?” His own question is, of course, asked to the steward who soon leaves to do as much, the concern in the latter’s expression being hidden by his quick departure.
[break][break]
”Barnaby, bet you didn’t know Summer is quite the pâtissier, hm?”
[break][break]
She’s not. The chocolates probably weren’t thrown out the kitchen's window out of concern over potentially poisoning some poor unsuspecting pokémon.

[newclass=.marswt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 2:18:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Ever a lover of social drinking - as would know by now after their drunken fun in Petalburg Woods - Barnaby took a generous sip of his drink before responding.

"Really?" He asked in a bluntly incredulous tone. "Summer, how could you keep this from me? Come on, then, let's taste these chocolates."

, showing even the slightest hint of domestic inclination? It was a shock, to be sure. Unfortunately for Barnaby, what came as even more of a shock was the big reveal of these homemade sweets.

An apologetic stewardess brought them out on a porcelain plate. She hesitated for a moment, looking to her employer for confirmation, before slowly placing them on the coffee table in front of Barnaby.

"... Oh. These look..." A not-so subtle glance was thrown Mars' way, with an expression that screamed 'you've got to be fucking kidding me'. Half-melted and re-hardened, partially burnt, with an unusual color for... what were these supposed to be again, chocolates?

Barnaby looked from one friend to the other, candidly suspicious. "... you're fucking with me, right?"

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 22:36:13 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
To say that was quite the overstatement of the year. Summer let a bowl burn on the stove, after all. She knew Mars was playing some sort of game, and she couldn't help but be enticed to see what reaction would be pulled from Barnaby.

"Mars, too. I wasn't the only one working in the kitchen. He helped with these."

Two could play at that game.

The stewardess brought the leftover chocolates, and Barnaby was offered them. Summer waited for his reaction, but she frowned. Of course, she was no professional, but...

"What? Surely you don't think that they look awful?"

He wouldn't completely insult her to her face like that, would he?
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 3:30:42 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Mars knows the chocolates look awful.
[break][break]
He may have a hubris that’s impossible to deny, ego that borders on some kind of god complex or something, but Mars can acknowledge the fact that the chocolates he and tried to make while incredibly drunk look like shit. Almost to the point that he would claim he would never offer such a thing to even his worst enemy, and yet here they are, offering said burnt chocolates to someone he cherishes.
[break][break]
So, the concerned look of disbelief gives him is met with a smile, calm as ever, and if only for a second, his gaze meets that of Summer.
[break][break]
”Summer dear, I’m sure Barnaby would never. I bet he must be really looking forward to trying something we put so much effort into making, no?”
[break][break]
At the question, he looks at the journalist once more, holding his gaze while wondering if Barnaby would fall for it or not.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 1:15:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
What to do in a situation like this, where Barnaby was the obvious butt of the joke?

He could deny them their laughter outright by simply refusing the chocolates - but that would be no fun. He could talk his way out of the situation and steer their conversation elsewhere - a good workaround. Or, he could simply dive in head-first and bear the consequences later.

Despite his better judgement, he chose the latter route.

"Fine, fine. You two worked so hard, how can I refuse the fruits of your labor?"

His expression still extremely skeptical, Barnaby gingerly picked up one of the sweets, slowly turning it in his fingers to inspect the severity of it's... perversion. It looked awful. A taste would tell the true story, though.

A small bite, followed by an immediate grimace. Hesitant chewing, then stopping after a few moments... without swallowing.

"Effscue me—" Barnaby mumbled, covering his mouth as he spoke, and rose from the couch. He hurried to where he remembered the guest restroom being, surely leaving his two companions rolling in their seats.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 15:57:55 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
For Summer, it was difficult to tell if this really was a joke or not. She hardly remembered making this chocolates. She was near blackout drunk when she and Mars were in the kitchen, burning a bowl on a stove and scraping bits out of the melting plastic.

So, as she watched him take one and eat it, she couldn't help but smile.

Before Barnaby's visceral reaction showed.

"Oh, Arceus. You think he's actually getting sick?" she murmured, glancing back at Mars.

For a moment, while it was actually sort of funny to see him react in such a way - because it was Barnaby, prim and proper - she was concerned that maybe they poisoned them. Had they put anything inedible in there?

"I don't remember what's in there... is there plastic in this...?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 3:15:48 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

It had been fun at first, for the 0.5 seconds before Barnaby looked utterly disgusted.
[break][break]
Yeah, sure, Mars had expected a reaction like that, but he also hadn’t expected it to be this bad. How awful can these chocolates be? Surely, burnt or not, chocolate is still chocolate, no? Obviously, Mars has never had bad chocolate in his life, and he definitely hadn’t tried these ones.
[break][break]
”Mm… I don’t think there is? I don’t remember us putting plastic in there…” Had the bowl been plastic and melted into the chocolates? Honestly, he had been too drunk to remember the exact details now, but the thought is concerning enough. ”I’ll go check on him…”
[break][break]
With that said, Mars stands, walking towards the restroom where he expects to find a sickly .
[break][break]
Gently, he knows on the door twice, his tone being both quiet and calm.
[break][break]
”Barnaby?”

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 2:28:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
As approached the bathroom door, he’d hear the sound of running water interrupted by the dulled tone of splashing on porcelain and the clearing of Barnaby’s throat. Although the admin couldn’t see it, given the context it could be surmised that Barnaby was washing his mouth of the ‘chocolates’ he’d been gifted.

After a moment a squeak of the faucet announced his departure from the bathroom. The door was opened, revealing a slightly pale-faced .

"Martín." Pausing in the doorway, he spoke more sharply than he'd usually do with his friend, although an acutely perceptive person might be able to catch the undertone of mischief there as well.

"Are you trying to poison me? If you find my company so detestable you can just tell me so without scheming an assassination attempt."

Was Barnaby honestly so put off by the dreadful chocolates? It was true that they had been positively horrible, but enough that he would take a tone with ?

Not quite. In truth, he was simply fishing for placating compliments to stroke his ever-hungry ego. Typical for such a vain person.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 9:56:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

It’s cute. Barnaby may sound positively indignant and he may even have every right to be, but while listening to his friend go on and on about how much he must hate him to dare try and poison him, Mars can’t help but smirk. It’s playful, confident, perhaps even arrogant and smug, and it’s while leaning against the doorframe that he holds Barnaby’s gaze and listens.
[break][break]
Only Barnaby is done with his whining it’s that he gives his response, although it may not be exactly what his friend hopes for:
[break][break]
Trésor, it was just a chocolate.” The use of the pet name that is so very personal to them is purposeful, as is the way he leans in closer – close enough to whisper his next words. ”Surely you wouldn’t die just because you ate something you didn’t like, no? I’d expect more from you... Maybe I’ll make it up to you later if you’re good.”
[break][break]
A kiss is gently placed at Barnaby’s cheek once those words are spoken, and with that and one final look, he stops away, his next words being spoken loud enough for Summer to overhear them
[break][break]
”Now, come on, dear Summer is waiting for us.”

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 6:15:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He was cute, wasn't he? And Barnaby knew it.

Given this confidence, seeing his whining elicit such a reaction from was wholly gratifying. The admin didn't shower him in apologies or assuage him with compliments; no, he scolded him.

Which was even better.

"I'm not in the habit of swallowing things I don't like, no..." Barnaby arched an eyebrow and mirrored Mars' playful smirk, knowing the innuendo was quite obvious.

"Alright..." He continued in a more placating tone, blushing the lightest pink as his friend's lips grazed his cheek. "I'll be on my best behavior."

There was a catch, though.

"But." Just before Mars would pull away, Barnaby lifted a hand and pressed it to the small of the other man's back, holding him in place momentarily. "I get to decide how you make it up to me."

With that said, he released and followed him back out into the lounge area where Summer awaited their return.

"My apologies, Summer..." Said in a not-so apologetic voice, although his expression was pleasant nonetheless. "Now, where were we? Are we actually going to watch the ogre movie?"

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
yacht tour [m]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 23:11:08 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer sat on the couch, lounging back with her beverage in hand as it seemed the retching sound ceased. There was soft murmuring, perhaps a chuckle or two. Where the two men threatening to have fun without her?

That wouldn't do. She was about to stand up and investigate when they returned.

"You don't sound apologetic, though I accept the apology," she said with a small smirk on her lips, waving her glass to mix her drink.

"What, you don't want to watch what our dear little friend recommended us? Well..."

Summer sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes, as she tilted her head back before looking at them almost knowingly.

"I suppose I have another idea of what the three of us could do..."