[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
THE MOVE YAWN MUST HIT & INFLICT[break]THE DROWSY STATUS ON ALL OF YOUR PKMN.[break][break]
PREVENT YOUR PKMN FROM FALLING ASLEEP[break] ON THE SECOND TURN OF YAWN.
[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND ARE USHERED TO THE THIRD FLOOR. Here, a man and his Torkoal await you all. Oddly enough, this room seems hotter and more humid than the rest. All around on stands, pedestals, canvases and antiquities, Fire-type Pokemon are depicted. Slugma. Blaziken. Heatran. Moltres. The man welcomes everyone with a warm voice:[break][break]

"welcome to the third floor. i am farhan, the regent of the kindlers." He pats his Torkoal's shell and ushers him toward the field. "if you've come this far, you may be tired. however, scaling mt. chimney by foot is a harrowing ordeal. one must be alert at all times— for our volcano is an unpredictable, living force. endure a YAWN from my torkoal- but do not succumb to its effects."[break][break]

There is no inscription written in this room. However, paintings and carvings of a Moltres being birthed from Mt. Chimney's molten crater can be seen.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 7:05:53 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Alright, Mara — Misty Terrain!" The Popplio ushered out from it's pokeball is happy to oblige, the many pokemon on their side of the field witnessing a pink vapor filling up their side of the room. The effects of the yawn, though having made their pokemon drowsy, does not go so far as to force them all asleep in the coming moments.

Meanwhile, Derek takes a good look at the depictions of Moltres along the wall. And what looked like Mt. Chimney...? Thankfully it didn't seem to denote that the event would be accompanied by an eruption. That would mean a lot of work for the rangers.

tl;dr
- rawst berry goes unused
- popplio uses misty terrain
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 3:34:54 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
Derek seemed to have them covered when it came to this challenge, which was good enough for Rowan, he wasn’t about to look a gift Mudsdale in the mouth. He’d send out his Azurill, whose presence wasn’t consequential but he assumed she might enjoy the fresh air and open space for a few minutes.

The YAWN took hold and before Azurill had a chance to fall asleep, MISTY TERRAIN began to affect the Pokémon, keeping them awake.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 16:00:31 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","spice"]
[attr="class","spicew"]

Another challenge cleared, and with style too. Serena made sure to give Horus plenty of compliments and pets which he embraced proudly with his chest puffed out. She was glad things seemed to work out so well and she managed to get some information through her little test with Horus as well so that was also a win for her. Hopefully this mega evolution could come in handy in the future. [break][break]

After all, she had grudges to maintain and revenge to execute. She'd never forget her real mission for gearing and bulking up her team. [break][break]

The next area had her thinking she might need to switch out her pokémon, but before she could do so Horus was hit with a YAWN that made him drowsy. Luckily Derek, shown to be the ever reliable surprise on their team, was quick on his feet with a MISTY TERRAIN. Pink mist surrounded their side and would prevent their pokémon from fall asleep. Thus allowing them to clear the objective. [break][break]

Serena whistled as she shoved her hands in her pockets. "Nice one." she said with a smirk and nod in Derek's direction.

[attr="class","spicetag"], ,

[attr="class","spicenotes"]

notes.

[break][break]

Serena's in her 'streamer' disguise. [break][break]
Rawst Berry goes unused.

[attr="class","spicepokes"]

[newclass=.spice] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spice b] color: #e97317; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice a] text-decoration: none; color: #e97317; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #e97317; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice i] color: #e97317; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #e97317; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spicetag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spicetag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spicenotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spicenotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #e97317; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spicenotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #e97317; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spicew] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spice span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spicepokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #e97317; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spicepokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 1:35:55 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Their next challenge was a good deal more...challenging. They were apparently meant to prevent the drowsy effect of a Yawn, rather than the sleep itself. Oscar remembered a time during a siege in Slateport where a Misty Terrain prevented all sorts of ailments. It was notable because Oscar and his team were disguised as women--which makes sense in context I swear.

Oscar sent out his Grimmsnarl, Darkside, to bring forth the terrain; however his teammate Derek beat him to the punch. Oscar sighed as he looked to Darkside and shrugged, "I guess just hang out or whatever." Darkside huffed, folding his arms as he waited to be withdrawn after the challenge was complete. While they waited, Oscar took a moment to observe the Moltres mural. This was the second time Moltres was reference in this teashop, which he supposed made sense since its avatar disappeared rather recently.

The design of the mural itself reminded him of the mural of Zapdos he had in his office. It was a magnificent image, displaying the full power of the legendary birds--a power Oscar longed for. He pushed such thoughts from his mind. Flights of fancy could wait until after this little tea gauntlet.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,457 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 4:16:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]ANCIENT RESPITE

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
SELECT OR DO NOT SELECT A HELD ITEM[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU ASCEND TO THE NEXT FLOOR. There, a blond man strolls in with his serving cart. A Slurpuff dressed in similar chef's attire hops along too, its tongue lazily tipped over its bottom lip.[break][break]

"you made it this far? not like it's a big accomplishment. feel free to pick from the cart. trade out an item for another or relinquish them entirely. be my guest." He rubs his stiff shoulder, the hand dangling from that painful joint licked by his Pokémon.[break][break]

Should you have encountered him before, he feigns ignorance. He does not answer questions. Simply, he waits for you all to finish before directing you to the next floor. However, there is no rush. You may chat amongst yourselves as you and your Pokémon take rest.[break][break]

Like before, around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"For my own beloved is now gone from me,[break]
departed to a place I cannot reach.[break]
My old companions have left me behind,[break]
their faces faded into spaces seen by no eye."

SELECT ONE HELD ITEM:[break]
[break]

HELD ITEMS

A NEW MECHANIC FOR THIS EVENT

IN THIS ITERATION of the "tower challenge" style of events, held items have made an appearance. Your character can only HOLD 1 HELD ITEM AT A TIME. They may utilize the held item at any time on any of their Pokemon.[break][break]

Occasionally, there will be opportunities to switch the held item with another in between rounds. You do not need to select a held item nor use one.

TIP: if there are characters or pokemon left who have yet to act, but have not participated in the completion of a challenge, feel free to have them knock out the opposing pokemon.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information about trading rules and more.
  • On this floor, have your characters converse with each other. You may post MULTIPLE times.
  • You are allowed to select ONE HELD ITEM from the list above. You may also opt out of choosing a held item. If you already possess a held item, you must trade it for another.

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 16:53:34 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As they reached the next room, the team would be met by a rather rude attendant. He looked vaguely familiar, but Oscar could not place where he had seen him before. His puzzlement was brief, as he concluded that he rather not recall such an off-putting man. 

Oscar approached the cart, mocking the attendant as he grabbed the Protective Pads. "OoOoOh, not like it's an AccomPlishMent. Your ability to breathe through that cloud of pompousness is an accomplishment, jerk-ass." Oscar walked away, grumbling as he swallowed back a cough.

How far had they gotten? Were they half way or just getting started? Only time would make it clear, though Oscar already seemed fatigued by their journey thus far. Then again, that was not exactly hard for the sickly CEO these days.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 5:33:05 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Petting the Popplio in his arms as they scaled the tower further, a familiar individual appeared. Bringing with them gifts for the future challenges, Derek quickly swaps his rawst berry for protective pads.

Flashing a half-amused smirk at Oscar's remark, Derek can't help but quietly remember where he's seen the man. Or where he believed to have seen them, at least. Considering that he seems to be the one who gave them the mysterious device, though...this was all beginning to feel kinda sus.

"You guys getting any weird feelings about this place yet, or is it just me?" The inscriptions, the culmination of all these clans and now the mysterious chef. If it weren't for the story-time on the floor, it might feel normal, but as things stood? Derek was waiting to read some crazy ending, like a Romeo and Juliet, or something even worse than that.

tl;dr
- traded in rawst berry for protective pads
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 6:04:54 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","spice"]
[attr="class","spicew"]

Another floor another challenge except this time it was in choosing another held item. Serena frowned as she looked at what the cart had on display. She was torn between the protective pads and the focus sash but after seeing the rest of her team gravitate towards the protective pads she did the same. Nothing wrong in being unified. [break][break]

"Hmmm, other than the creepy scriptures?" Serena asked in response to Derek's question, as she scratched her cheek with her nail. "Well, I guess this place does have an odd feeling. But that could be nerves due to the challenge as well." she muttered the last bit a touch softer. There was always anxiety of the unknown in situations like these. [break][break]

"Ah well, we've been doing well so far right? We just need to keep it up. Go Team Misfits!" Serena said with a smile as she cheered on her team.

[attr="class","spicetag"], ,

[attr="class","spicenotes"]

notes.

[break][break]

Serena's in her 'streamer' disguise. [break][break]
Rawst Berry traded for Protective Pads.

[attr="class","spicepokes"]

[newclass=.spice] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spice b] color: #98363d; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice a] text-decoration: none; color: #98363d; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #98363d; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice i] color: #98363d; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spice u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #98363d; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spicetag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spicetag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spicenotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spicenotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #98363d; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spicenotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #98363d; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spicew] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spice span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.spicepokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #98363d; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.spicepokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,457 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 8:09:14 GMT
shiv Avatar

NOTICE

TIERED TEA ROOM EVENT PERIOD HAS ELAPSED

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM. Unfortunately, your team did not complete the challenge- and ICly, they would not have completed the challenge as well.

However, diminished rewards will be granted depending on the progress made. Such rewards will be distributed soon! Thank you for your patience.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,457 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #9
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 23:53:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]FLEUR TEA ATELIER

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
CHOOSE TEAM NAME - SELECT OR DO NOT SELECT A HELD ITEM[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

[break][break]

EVENTUALLY, THE CHALLENGE IS CONCLUDED. Those who were in the DARK ROOMS would eventually be warped back to Hoenn— and they would be quick to realize they were somewhere else entirely. Another dimension.[break][break]

At the Fleur Tea Atelier, everyone is treated with good drink and food upon exit. Despite the challenge's incompletion, the Commissioner still comes to greet everyone, thanking them for their efforts. After all, Hoenn requires battle-practiced trainers. To cultivate the strength of Hoenn's battlers- to prepare them for whatever disaster and tumult may be coming next.

Should an inquiry be made about the "dark rooms," the staff and Commissioner will state that this is currently under investigation. Any reports or testimonies are quickly taken by League officials... The blond chef from Slateport's BARISTACATS and BONE APPETIT! is no where to be found.[break][break]

REWARDS

YOU RECEIVE:

[break][break][break][break]

[break][break]

UNDER THE SPOILER, the code for the items is available for easy implementation into PC:[break][break]
[img src="https://i.ibb.co/pxXPWs5/POKEDOLLAR-SPRITE.png" title="50 POKEDOLLARS" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;"][img src="https://images2.imgbox.com/58/fa/PN47TiLY_o.png" title="5 infamy" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;"][img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/berry/starf.png" title="1X STARF BERRY" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;"][img src="https://i.ibb.co/wMsTbq9/tm-normal.png" title="1X TM/TR" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;"][img src="https://i.ibb.co/MN4QSz9/psychic.png" title="1X MOVE TUTOR" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;"][img src="https://i.ibb.co/0M93KHC/mega-shard.png" title="1X MEGA SHARD" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">