Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2022 23:47:59 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tourmenter
[break][break]
[break]

The community courtyard bloomed in full view of the office windows, offering boundless rays of UV light with its vista of flourishing roses.

It was for that reason that Elisabeth had selected this once-abandoned room to serve as her base of operations as admin, her decision made with the placement of a potted lady slipper's orchid on the windowsill. The exotic petals breathed an intoxicating fragrance into the rather small room, almost suffocating in its cloying aroma.

The effect was both beautiful and disquieting, much like the woman whose office it occupied.

Seated behind an escritoire mahogany desk, Elisabeth leaned forward to steeple her chin on her hands, eyes focused on the antique clock upon the wall. Tick, tock. All of her files were meticulously presented and clean, intimidating in the exacting precision of their presentation; curiously absent was any sort of technology, save for a brass rotary phone.

One could assume, correctly, it was due to the luddite tendencies of the admin that had set up residence here. However, there were benefits to such a mindset, Elisabeth knew. Particularly in the world of intelligence and espionage.

Her eyes scanned the file that had been left on her desk -- . Kanto contract killer. Excellent at his work, frankly worrisomely so. A monster, through and through.

The Misdreavus hovering before her giggled suddenly, turning large eyes towards the door as her grin widened. Elisabeth's gaze flickered to meet the Ghost-type's line of sight. Ah. Company had arrived.

"Come in," she stated simply as the door knob turned, her voice devoid of any indication of her thoughts. "Welcome to my office, Mr. Harcourt. I take it that your journey here was a pleasant one?"

He knew as well as she did the reason for his arrival: the torture and interrogation of traitors. This meeting was nothing more than a pleasant precursor before the curtain rose for something more menacing.

The man could certainly get his hands dirty, if this sheet was any indication. How did this wolf's manners fare, Elisabeth wondered with a sly smile, when his claws were sheathed?

[break]
[break][break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 15:40:03 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
The invitation to meet with one of the newest Rocket admins had not come by email or phone call. No, it arrived handwritten on perfumed stationery, folded into an envelope closed with a wax seal bearing an elaborate 'F'. Tucked inside with the letter were the dried remnants of a black pearl rose. A quick search on the Internet confirmed Zev's suspicions: its deep red color signified death.

And so, on the appointed day, he dressed for a funeral. Tailored black suit, white shirt freshly ironed, black tie, black leather gloves. In one hand, he carried a briefcase filled with tools for the task required of him.

As Zev made his way through Rocket Headquarters — not his first time, and certainly not his last — he reviewed what information he had researched ahead of time on the woman named . A widow and florist, she ran a successful business near Petalburg City. On paper, she seemed completely innocuous, the kind of gentle woman who enjoyed many friendships and had to fend off just as many paramours. But Zev was intimately familiar with masks. Sufficient digging had revealed Fiorelli's skills with poisons and her secret sale of them to members of Team Rocket.

He reached her office in no time, knocked twice on the door, then let himself in.

The woman facing him was exactly what he had envisioned, seated behind that mahogany desk with prim posture and the hint of a smile that revealed nothing of her thoughts. In any other context, he might have mistaken her as an innocent civilian, harmless, passive. The knowledge that she was not, however, caused his own lips to curl into an amused smile.

"Pleasant enough, Ms. Fiorelli," Zev replied, pulling on aspects of his persona to project the relaxed, amiable demeanor that small talk required. "Thank you for the invitation. It's not often I get to come to headquarters."

Let's cut to the chase, Fiorelli, he thought, on the other hand. Show me the limbs you want severed. Let my knives do all the talking you wish to hear.

NOTES
+ Mission: The Admins are Corrupt
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 5:57:29 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tourmenter
[break][break]
[break]

Patience was an essential trait of all poisoners, and Elisabeth possessed it in spades. Not so for many other assassins, particularly those of such brutal backgrounds as 'the Black Hand.' Yet if found this appetizer before the main course of their meeting tiresome, he had the good sense to mask it.

Perfect. A level head was necessary for a mission like this one.

Elisabeth's smile brightened, a hand gesturing to the chair opposite her. "The feeling is mutual, I assure you. No need to stand on airs, Mr. Harcourt, if you'd like to sit."

Her Misdreavus floated with an eerie whistle, entirely bored with the situation as the Rocket admin procured a sheaf of paper and handed it to her suited companion. "You were stationed in Kanto," she said, watching his expression for a reaction. "What do you know of this man? I believe you may have once crossed paths."

Included was a black-and-white photograph, a mugshot from some petty crime that Elisabeth didn't care to mention aloud. A nobody, in some respects: another killer-for-hire thriving in the chaos of a war-torn region. In Elisabeth's eyes, however, he was a pest. And like all those that invaded her gardens, she sought its immediate eradication.

"We have reason to believe he has sought to betray intimate knowledge of our operations to the League. Fortunately, he has been... detained, before such actions could be taken."

A question arched in her delicate brow as she met 's gaze. In the icy gleam of her stare, the barest hint of warmth could be glimpsed, like the chill of the first morning of spring.

"He is marked for death, of course, not that he is aware of it. The reason you are speaking with me today, however, and not one of my colleagues is because I want you to do more than simply remove him."

Idly, a hand alighted upon a jar seated on her desk, a single Spinarak scuttling within its depths. She looked at it with faint distraction, watching its spidery legs flail against the glass before once more returning it to its resting place.

"I want you to wring any information he might have gained from the League out of him, by any means necessary. Can you handle that, Mr. Harcourt?"

Though her question was all honeyed politeness, it wasn't a question at all, not really.

'No' wasn't an acceptable answer to a man like him, Elisabeth silently suspected. The actual question was this: was he capable of playing with his food before eating it?

[break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 20:19:01 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
At Fiorelli's suggestion, Zev lowered himself into the indicated chair, setting down his suitcase on the floor beside him. With a sidelong glance at the Misdreavus, he took the proffered mugshot photo and examined it with a critical eye. At once, he recognized the man scowling back at him, though the face was younger than he remembered; perhaps the photo had been taken before they'd met.

"Akira Lang," Zev said, his brow furrowing slightly as he sorted through his memories of the man. "I didn't think he was still alive," he admitted. Disdain seeped into his tone and curled his lip. "Though he was one of many hitmen contracted by Team Rocket during and after the war, he was completely unprofessional. A disgrace to the business, to be frank. He broke client confidentiality more than once, and his murders were little more than wanton slaughter. I figured someone would have put a bullet between his eyes by now to spare us all the embarrassment."

Zev returned the photograph to the top of Fiorelli's desk as she explained the situation with Lang. He found himself nodding, even before she reached her conclusion and her reasoning for summoning him.

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Lang has always been stubborn, so I'm not surprised he's kept his mouth shut so far." And then Zev smirked. He met Fiorelli's cold gaze with bright eyes eager for blood, the only indication of his true nature amidst the calm, relaxed demeanor with which he sat in her chair. "But I bet he won't be able to stand the pain I can inflict. Lang always had a sadistic streak. It will be amusing to dish out what he thought himself incapable of receiving from others. With that, I can get you whatever answers you want, as long as you're there to ask the questions."

Though it seemed Fiorelli could sit behind that desk for eternity, happy to move at a pace that suited her, Zev's own patience was running out. Restless, he stood, picking up his suitcase in the process.

"Lead the way, Ms. Fiorelli."

NOTES
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 21:44:45 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tourmenter
[break][break]
[break]

All living things eventually revealed their true natures, if you bided your time long enough to see them flower. As stood, a hint of impatience in the motion, the Rocket admin observed his behavior quietly, filing it away for later in her mind.

Not that Elisabeth minded his hasty retreat. Her own concerns had been settled for the moment.

"By all means," Elisabeth replied easily, arising with the grace of a woman trained for a more regal life than the one she'd chosen for herself. "Follow me, then, and I shall handle the questions."

The Rocket Headquarters was not, in itself, confusing to navigate. Many entrances were merely blocked off, access denied behind keypads that prevented lower-ranked members from venturing to unwanted places. Elisabeth's fingertips swiftly spelled out the necessary code, the rapid ping of each number fading as a heavy door swung open wide to a labyrinthine corridor.

"Come," the blonde said brusquely as she descended, her Misdreavus following with a manic giggle. There was enough time for Zev to follow, but not much longer. Two similar doors demanded two similar passcodes, and Elisabeth continued in her solemn procession through each archway without fanfare. "You may name yourself to him if you wish," she said before the last door shuddered open. "If you prefer anonymity, I will not take that shield from you. Decide as you like."

Disguises were unnecessary, even given the mark's doomed fate; Akira Lang was not only blindfolded, but gagged, and expertly tied to a chair. The scarred veteran of Kanto squirmed uselessly in place, ankles and wrists bound behind him. Acquiring him had not been as difficult as anticipated. Drugging worked wonders in that capacity.

For this particular meeting, Elisabeth had soaked some Roselia poison into the gag that bound the man. Not enough to cause anything fatal, of course -- that she would leave to Zev at his leisure -- but unpleasant enough as a truth serum to ensure a loose tongue. She was a woman who didn't like leaving things to chance. If Zev was familiar with the scent of such toxic materials as Devil's Breath, he'd be able to detect it well enough at close proximity.

"Mr. Lang." Her voice was as cordial as one might be when greeting a new acquaintance, seeming all the more foreboding for its contrast to their stark environs. "A pleasure to have you join us."

The prisoner's jerking abruptly went silent at her welcome. A palpable aura of fear emanated from the man, one that was as delectable now as it was the first time that a cadet had convulsed helplessly at her feet in the Slateport slums.

Elisabeth's beautiful features twisted into a wicked smile, her own cruelty unmasked. To Zev, she commanded coolly, "Remove his gag. When he speaks, I give you leave to respond accordingly."

In other words: I've read your file, Mr. Harcourt. I know you know how to do your job.

[break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 11:14:51 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
TRIGGER WARNING: TORTURE

Fiorelli's offer to remain anonymous while Zev worked was considerate, but as soon as he had recognized the person in the mugshot as Akira Lang, he had found himself amused at the thought of such an unfortunate reunion. For Lang, of course. On Zev's end, he could derive a little pleasure from ridding the world of such an amateur assassin who had dared be his competition.

Upon entering Lang's cell, Zev looked around, first at the captive bound to a chair in the center of the room, then at the chamber's other features. The floor was plain, not tiled, which made cleaning it easier. In its center was a small, circular storm drain. The walls were plain as well and bore no windows. A single overhead light hung from the ceiling, and though it possessed sufficient illumination by which Zev could work, it did not quite reach the corners of the cell.

Finally, Zev noticed a small table nearby, along a wall of the room. He walked over to it and opened his briefcase on top of it, revealing an assortment of tools: clean towels, a handful of black latex gloves, duct tape, and so many knives.

Ignoring the muffled protests of a confused Lang, Zev took his time getting ready, moving at a calm, methodical pace that could rival Fiorelli's patience. The usual thrill he felt from preparing for a kill had not stirred within him yet. He removed his suit jacket and folded it carefully on the table, removed his leather gloves and tucked them between the folds of his jacket, and rolled up his sleeves above his elbows. He took a moment to check that his tie was properly clipped to his shirt, then he pulled on a pair of the latex gloves and selected a knife from the briefcase. With its slightly curved blade, it seemed like a cross between a butcher's breaking knife and a hunting knife.

Finally ready to work, Zev walked back to the center of the room and stood before Lang. With his free hand, he pulled down the prisoner's gag and caught a whiff of some kind of poison. Freed from the gag, Lang promptly spewed a list of obscenities at Fiorelli, his words slurring together slightly from the poison.

"Now, Lang, that's no way to speak to a lady," Zev interrupted, grabbing the other man's jaw in his free hand and forcing his head back. If he hadn't been wearing the blindfold, he would be looking directly into Zev's looming face.

Lang sputtered and choked, but grit his teeth and turned his vehemence upon Zev. "Fucking Rocket dog," he snarled. "Bootlicking swine. I'll cut your belly open and feed you your own entrails."

"Is that what you want me to do to you today? Kind of difficult to make threats in this position, isn't it?" Using the tip of his knife, Zev pushed up the blindfold and let Lang's eyes focus on him. The rage there transformed instantly into recognition and fear.

"Harcourt," the bound man whispered. His fists clenched to hide the trembling.

Zev smiled. It was not a pleasant smile, but a wicked one. "Been a while. We are going to play today, you and me." He slowly ran the knife's tip down the side of Lang's nose, letting the blade bite through skin just enough to draw blood. Instinctively, Lang jerked away — or tried, at any rate. His bindings and Zev's vice grip kept him from moving very far. "Here are the rules. You answer Ms. Fiorelli's questions truthfully, and I will end your life cleanly. If you resist, however, I'll make it as slow and agonizing as possible. And from what I can tell, Ms. Fiorelli here has all the time in the world to watch your suffering."

To Lang's credit, he was not as much a coward as Zev expected him to be. "I'm not telling you shit," he spat.

Zev sighed, his smile fading. "Fine. The hard way it is."

Then, with the apathy of a man peeling the skin off an apple, he slowly and carefully sliced off Lang's nose. The screaming started immediately.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 20:41:04 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tourmenter
[break][break]
[break]

Elisabeth herself was not a terrifying presence; however, in the face of true horror, her dispassionate indifference was in itself a terrifying thing to behold.

The spite and vitriol that crawled out of Lang's mouth like venom had no effect on her, save for the faintest amused curl of her lips upwards. Not a bright one, was he? And yet that made her job, and by extension 's, ever so much easier.

The flash of silver through the air and the spurt of blood from the still-screaming man both ripped through the brief silence that hung between Zev's threat and its answer.

What lurked beneath exposed human flesh was a monstrous, hideous thing, in so many ways. Fragile skin hid so much ugliness from view.

"Now, now, Mr. Lang," Elisabeth continued smoothly, as if nothing but a mere squabble had occurred in the interim, "there's no sense in cutting off your nose to spite your face." The opportunity to wield such a cruel pun to such great effect was irresistible.

She stepped forward, the soft squelch of blood beneath her heel drawing his attention towards her.

"We'll start with something simple, hm? Your name. Your allegiance. And why you suspect you are here with us today."

A laugh, lacking in musicality or true humour, inserted itself here as Elisabeth smiled.

"You may wish to stop screaming, by the by. It won't endear Mr. Harcourt to your cause."

As had observed, Elisabeth Fiorelli had all the patience in the world. In a war of attrition, she would quietly suffer each second it took to secure victory, each and every time.

[break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 14:51:19 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
TRIGGER WARNING: TORTURE

Lang's screams did not subside right away. He gasped and sputtered around the blood that had spilled into his open mouth, horrified by the copper taste of it and by the excruciating pain. Zev sighed, impatient. Leaning back, he ripped through the front of Lang's shirt with his knife, exposing the bare torso of the other man's chest. Lang flinched at the touch of the knife's edge against his skin, though Zev skillfully avoided leaving new cuts.

When the knife continued downward past the prisoner's stomach, however, he finally stuttered at Fiorelli, "A-Akira Lang. My name is Akira Lang and I'm a freelancer — my allegiance is to no one."

Zev raised an eyebrow at that, though his expression remained indifferent, even edging toward boredom. He reached down with his free hand, the glove slick with Lang's own blood, and began undoing the front of Lang's pants. The knife tip hovered dangerously there, pressed lightly into the sensitive skin above the prisoner's groin.

The confession continued. "B-But I was hired by the Rangers recently. That's why you want me, isn't it?" Lang licked his lips nervously, a disgusting act thanks to the blood streaming down the front of his face. "You Rockets want every edge you can get over the League."

Without warning, Zev slammed the knife tip down into the back of Lang's left hand, skewering it and severing bone. He cried out in equal parts shock and agony, having expected pain elsewhere due to Zev's bait-and-switch, and writhed in his bonds.

"Ms. Fiorelli didn't ask for your opinion, did she?" Zev said in a low, dangerous tone. "Stay focused, Lang."

NOTES
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 0:31:31 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tourmenter
[break][break]
[break]

There was a sinister sort of artistry to the way that handled his knife, how slow and torturous his motions were in inflicting punishment upon his foe. It pleased Elisabeth immensely. A butcher the man most assuredly was, but he understood his trade better than most that hacked and slashed relentlessly.

The pressure applied at the tip of the blade, and the acceleration of his movements to pin the man's hand in place -- these spoke to someone careful, someone calculating, someone clever.

A thin smile tucked away her approval, something to be filed away and discussed later in other circumstances. For now, she had more urgent business to handle.

"You Rockets?" she echoed the captive, her reply rich with amusement as she laughed at him. "Mr. Lang, how quickly you forget yourself. You gave us your allegiance once, did you not?"

Her proximity was now close enough that she could reach out and touch the mutilated man, if she so wished. And, as it so happened, she did.

Elisabeth's soft hands gently stroked the man's hair, viscera and blood trailing on her fingertips as she murmured to him, "Your agreement with us had fine print. You, as a hitman, ought to know better than to sign contracts you cannot obey."

She had learned long ago that brief moments of tenderness made for all the more excruciating pain.

Inhaling the pungent stench of his blood and flesh as she continued to whisper into his ear, "You say you were in league with the Rangers. I presume you squealed on our secrets to them, so I'll allow you the courtesy to do the same."

As she drew away and exhaled, she shrugged leisurely and said, "If not, I am fine allowing Mr. Harcourt the opportunity to entertain you in my stead. He is far more hands-on than I am, as you can see."

There was a part of her, dark and thorned, that reveled in this position over a fallen man. The cruelty in her emerald eyes reflected this in all its sadistic relish as Elisabeth watched and waited for their theater to continue, before its eventual grisly end.

[break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 10:58:39 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev drew away when Elisabeth neared, removing the knife from Lang's hand as he went. As she worked her own form of torture upon their captive, Zev took to prowling in a circle around the chair, his predatory form ever-present in the background or in the periphery of Lang's vision. He picked up a clean towel from his briefcase as he passed the small table situated on the side of the room and unobtrusively handed it to Elisabeth so she could wipe her fingers after she stepped away from the prisoner.

They stood side-by-side facing the chair. The woman with her back straight, a vision of stateliness, her fine features twisted with wickedness. The man looming in the half-darkness, blood-slicked knife in hand, eyes bright with wolflike hunger.

Lang's gaze darted between his abusers in rapid sequence, back and forth, back and forth. Anxiety. Though Elisabeth had not necessarily promised to spare him, perhaps he thought she had; after all, the Rangers had spared him after he'd given them information during their own interrogations of him. Would he gamble with the possibility of life, even if it meant a disfigured face and a hand that would struggle to hold a weapon again?

How many more body parts was he willing to lose?

None, apparently.

"Do you remember the colossal Pokémon from three or so years ago?" Lang said, relenting. "The Tentacruel attacks on Slateport and Lilycove? The Rangers were the ones who stopped them. They have secret files — studies — on the incidents in Ranger Headquarters. Maybe it's something you — Rocket — we can use."

He chuckled nervously.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 15:53:53 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tourmenter
[break][break]
[break]

How sweet and pliant their little fly was now in their carefully woven web.

Elisabeth watched with no small sense of self-satisfaction as Lang spilled out what information he possessed, her attention arrested as the Tentacruels were detailed -- a subject she made a mental note to inform of later, for it ticked something distant in her mind, some sense that it might matter in the greater scheme of his Sea Mauville project.

As paced around her, Elisabeth felt the desperate eyes of the broken man in front of them, silently pleading her personally for some end to the torment of this day. She was a woman; she appeared tender, whether or not she truly was. He understood the reality of his situation, likely, deep down inside. That no matter what he said aloud, he was a marked man.

Hope made smart men stupid, however.

"Thank you for your cooperation, Mr. Lang. That was not so difficult, was it?"

She gratefully accepted the towel that Zev handed her with the briefest surprise, this action one that had been entirely unexpected from the looming figure. Slowly and methodically, she wiped the blood and gore from her fingertips, smearing the white fabric with their sins.

"I am afraid I have good and bad news to offer you in return. We shall start with the good news, shall we?" She smiled, all bared fangs. "Your operations in Kanto are the most threatening information you could have shared on Rocket's behalf, and thankfully, much of those are out-of-date. So whatever it is you sold your soul with, it is not as damning as it might have been."

Although she would still inform to clean up any loose ends in that regard. The very thought of the Underboss brought to mind the sound of dozens of scurrying Rattata, slinking unseen in the shadows.

"There is bad news, of course. And that is that our time together is now at an end."

She let the words hang there, gleaming with the menace of a guillotine, as she turned to her colleague once more. None of the lilting affectation that had infused her earlier words lingered as she spoke to him with all the dispassionate stoicism of a tired schoolteacher.

"Finish him off as you like. I can retreat if you prefer to do so in private."

For all she knew, he might. If was one of those who preferred to savor the kill, who was she to judge?

[break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 18:06:29 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev chuckled at her insinuation. It was a hollow, amused sound that suited him well.

"I'm an assassin, not a pervert," he said to her without any indication of offense taken.

It was true, though, that many men like him were perverts when it came to murder. If he were any lesser man, he might be the same. But Zev Harcourt was a professional, and he was not like lesser men. While he would not deny the pleasure he reaped from killing people, if he had to be honest, torture was not his preference. He found that hunting down his prey as it fled from him was more enjoyable, comparatively. It was a thrill that stoked his bloodlust and made the killing all the sweeter.

No, Lang would not sate his hunger that day. Perhaps later, with someone else.

Zev crossed the room to their captive's bound form. He regarded the terrified Lang with dispassion, as if a butcher analyzing a slab of meat to determine the right cut. Then, without any warning whatsoever, Zev slid his knife cleanly between two of Lang's ribs. A fatal stab to the heart.

The prisoner died in moments, slumped in his chair.

Wordlessly, Zev extracted the knife from the corpse and returned to his briefcase. With a fresh towel, he cleaned the blood off the knife, wiped any droplets from his arms, removed and bagged the used latex gloves, and packed everything up. He slid into his suit jacket and rejoined Elisabeth at the door of the chamber.

"I hope my performance was to your satisfaction, Ms. Fiorelli," Zev said, once again drawing on his false persona to bring a light, casual emotion to his voice. The smile he gave her was false, too, as if sharing a joke that only they could laugh about: Look at us, two monsters wearing masks.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 21:03:47 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tourmenter
[break][break]
[break]

There was something darky humorous about those being the last words that Akira Lang ever heard spoken aloud: "I'm an assassin, not a pervert." It was enough to make her Misdreavus giggle inappropriately.

And so he was an assassin indeed, completing the task cleanly and efficiently. All in all, was entirely as professional as he professed himself to be. The sly smile he gave her was one that spoke to this in a different way, and she returned it as amicably.

"You did well," Elisabeth stated, neither effusive nor begrudging in her praise. Merely saying the truth of the matter for what it was. "I can see why recommends you so highly."

It was in fact why she had chosen Zev's file for this mission, rather than another more familiar face. Any mark of approval from the Underboss caught Elisabeth's notice, and by proxy, her respect.

"I'll complete the incident report," she continued, making as if to depart as her Misdreavus hovered close behind. "We needn't stay. Someone will be here to take out the trash shortly." Her emerald eyes took in the flecks of blood that had stained his clothing, and she added nonchalantly, "And you may wish to clean up in the locker rooms before leaving headquarters. A change of clothes can be provided if you request it."

It was the hospitable thing to offer, from one monster to another.

[break]
[break][break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Strangling Vines [M]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 19:00:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: