Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Lessons in Close Quarters [S]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 22:48:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Rocket Headquarters was not exactly Zev's idea of a great place to spend his time. First, it was a submarine, a cramped and confined space. Second, it was full of personalities that, when put together in said cramped and confined space for a prolonged period, was essentially a powder keg set to explode. But headquarters had one thing going for it: an exercise hall fully equipped with all the free weights, cardio machines, and other training gear any criminal needed to stay in shape.

And most of all, it was free.

When Zev had first arrived in the exercise hall that day, it was surprisingly empty. Good. Perfect, even. He could train in peace and silence. He'd stretched, warmed up on a stationary bike, then picked one of the punching bags near one end of the hall. As a cage fighter in his youth and later a soldier, Zev preferred fighting without gloves or protective padding. He took a deep breath, clenched his hands into fists, and burst into movement.

Before long, he'd worked up sweat. Breathing hard, he paused his routine and stalked away from the punching bag to where he'd left his gym bag. He grasped the bottom hem of his shirt with both hands and pulled it clean off his torso in one movement, then dropped it onto his bag.

In that same moment, the door to the exercise hall opened, and none other than stepped through. Zev almost did a double take. She was the last person he expected to ever visit the hall, but he supposed he shouldn't have been surprised. He had seen the sort of woman she was underneath that porcelain mask.

He grinned as she approached.

NOTES
+ Social
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 23:49:14 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
It came as no surprise that would be here. Elisabeth lingered in the entryway for a moment, watching him with the admiration of one whose own skillsets belonged elsewhere as she leaned against the doorway, arms crossed. The blur of motion betrayed the man's efficiency and strength alike as he punched the bag over and over, all toned muscles and sweat.

When his gaze met hers, however, Elisabeth allowed herself a brief smile. "Mr. Harcourt," she said easily, tipping her head in acknowledgment. "Fancy seeing you here." Her ponytail bounced with the movement as she leisurely walked past him, a jump rope dangling from her fingertips.

Beginning her own warm-up in an open space a few steps away, the blonde skipped in place to a steady rhythm. Her emerald eyes shut with concentration, controlling her breathing to fall into sync with each jump of the rope. This part was simple enough; it was the exercises that this built up to which caused her some difficulty.

Elisabeth's promotion to Rocket Admin had put several priorities first of mind for the poisoner, one being her own physical condition. Not all fights were necessarily won with Pokémon. Some required fists, teeth, and kicking and clawing one's way to victory. All other past routines had focused on evasive tactics: stamina-building, dexterity, and agility.

Strength and brute force, in comparison, were areas in which she had been lacking in for some time.

One, two, three minutes were spent in silence before she completed her task. Stretching her limbs as she folded the rope and placed it to the side, Elisabeth fell next into lunges. A few more seconds passed before she considered the man across from her once more, watching his frenzy continue with some interest.

"I wish those dummies hated me half as much as they must hate you," she commented lightly, tilting her head towards the battered dummy withstanding his punching blows. A self-deprecating comment as much as a compliment to his own skill.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 0:11:34 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
"Ms. Fiorelli," Zev responded in greeting as Elisabeth passed him, likewise tipping his head at her. It was odd to see her dressed so casually, her tight-fitting crop top and leggings a sharp contrast to the chic business suit she had worn during their last meeting. He supposed she must think the same of him, though.

He watched her begin jumping rope for a few seconds before returning to his own devices, taking a moment to drink from his water bottle before resuming his boxing practice.

Zev was surprised to find the proximity of her presence comfortable, their shared silence broken only by his grunts and panting and the swish of her rope. He noted in the back of his head when Elisabeth stopped jumping but paid it no heed, not until she spoke up. Zev relaxed out of his fighting stance and regarded her curiously.

"They don't hate me nearly as some of my opponents did, back in the cage," he replied with a laugh. Then he paused, considering Elisabeth's comment.

"You should try a fighting style that focuses on kicks," he said at last. His tone was practical, without any trace of judgment. "Women typically have lower centers of gravity and don't develop the same levels of upper body strength as men, but we're often equal in terms of leg strength. Kicks suit women better."

NOTES
+ Social
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 0:37:16 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Oh?" Elisabeth paused mid-stretch, canting her head at as she bit her lip in thought. "Hm. Truthfully, I hadn't considered that."

This felt obvious, and yet at the same time, it wasn't. Nothing about this sort of thing was instinctive for Elisabeth; her usually calculating mind found itself at a loss in matters of fitness and exercise, attempting to mimic the behavior of the Rockets that milled about here to better herself physically.

Most of them, of course, were men. And naturally there would be distinctions between what worked for them and what worked for her. A curious sort of gratitude filled her at this shared knowledge, all the more potent due to how unexpected its source was.

Taking a cue from Zev's posture, Elisabeth relaxed her stance as well, arms reaching upwards in a single, limbering motion as she exhaled and straightened herself upright.

"I tend to prefer to flee a fight rather than turn and face my opponent," she admitted, wiping her brow with the back of her hand. "My victory condition has often been, for lack of a better word, survival."

An inferior win condition, that. The words of whispered back to her: "I don't survive. I conquer."

The self-reproach resulted in a short laugh. "It isn't a sustainable tactic, however."

Turning back to Zev, she grinned, a hand falling to rest on her hip. "I imagine cage fighting doesn't allow for escape as an option in the first place. All things are met head-on, victory and defeat alike."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 13:04:13 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Elisabeth's explanation made sense. Though she was of average height for a woman, she was slender, her frame delicate. Zev did not see any considerable muscle on her physique, which aligned with her upbringing — what he had researched about it, anyway. Fleeing was her best option in most scenarios. But inevitably, as a high-ranking Rocket, she would find herself in one where she'd have to stand her ground. Possibly without her Pokémon.

"You're right, it doesn't," Zev confirmed with a nod. "But even if there's a chance to escape, knowing some self-defense wouldn't hurt. If someone grabs you or pins you down, you should know how to extract yourself from a grapple."

Then he matched her grin.

"Something tells me you're not the kind of woman who's satisfied unless she has the upper hand, Elisabeth."

NOTES
+ Social
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 16:31:53 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"First name basis with an admin, are we, Zev? Cheeky of you."

Although her reply conveyed no displeasure with its easy smile. She lifted her left hand, indicating her poisoner's ring with a subtle working of its mechanic; the thorns retracted, revealing a needle slick with poison, before she allowed it to reset once again.

"Your perception isn't inaccurate, however. I play dirty when I have to."

This time it was her turn to assess him with a cool glance of her emerald eyes. His was an imposing figure built for combat, while his gaze reflected none of the monstrous nature that Elisabeth knew lurked inside him.

She'd read his file, too. Thoroughly. He put her own body count to shame.

"Some self-defense I do know. Not as much as I would like."

Slowly she circled with arms crossed, a single eyebrow lifted as she mulled over her next words before speaking them aloud. Her next suggestion fell out with natural ease, light and casual:

"You seem more than a little informed on the subject. What do you say to some more hands-on instruction?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 17:14:28 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Years had passed since Zev had taught hand-to-hand combat to another person, let alone been part of any instruction. Could he teach Elisabeth? Maybe. It depended on whether she took well to his method. Fortunately, there was plenty of open mat space for sparring next to the punching bags and dummies. He walked toward the middle of one such mat, soft enough to provide some cushion for falls.

"Sure, but don't expect me to go easy on you," Zev said, smirking. "I recommend taking off your ring, though, just in case. We don't want anything terrible to happen, do we?"

He waited until she joined him on the mat before he fell into a common fighting stance, most of his weight on his back leg. He kept his arms relaxed at his side, however.

"You want a wide, strong stance, generally," Zev explained, shifting once again to a pragmatic tone, his smile momentarily fading. "An opponent can knock you down more easily if you keep your feet together, or if you're not rooted properly."

He patted his bare chest. The smirk returned.

"Come on. See if you can get me on the ground."

NOTES
+ Social
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 17:32:59 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Don't trust me to play fair?" She smirked, but complied, removing the ring so that she set it beside the abandoned jump rope. Its golden thorns twinkled faintly in the overhead light. She raised her unadorned hands as if in surrender. "Very well. No stingers today."

Her smile faded as well as she joined him on the mat, cold calculation replacing her previous levity. A wide, strong stance, she thought back to herself, following his instruction without resistance.

What he posed now was a single problem: how to make a taller, stronger opponent fall on the mat. As he'd already observed, her upper body strength would pale to his own. It would be like shoving a mountain with her bare hands.

A quick glance of his feet then back up to his eyes decided Elisabeth's next move.

Her right fist swung as if to strike his cheek, while as she propelled herself forward with the motion, her body abruptly lowered to sweep his legs with her own.

It was a gamble: that by feinting and drawing his attention in one area, he might not notice where her true intentions lay.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 17:49:00 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Elisabeth gave herself away too easily.

Zev kept the enigmatic smirk plastered on his face as she lunged, raising a fist in an amateur punch. But her eyes dropped again to his closer foot. With an economy of motion born from almost two decades of fighting, he seized the collar of her thin top with both hands a half-second before she attempted to sweep his foot out from under him.

Then he let himself fall, and he took her down with him.

They landed with a dull smack on the mat, Elisabeth on top. Zev moved instinctively, his muscle memory activating. He twisted and flipped them, shoving her onto her back and locking her in a grapple that he knew she wasn't strong or skilled enough to break out of. His smile hovered inches above her face.

"Good job. The leg sweep was smart," Zev said, a mix of amusement and praise underscoring his words. "But your glances told me everything."

He let that lesson sink in before releasing his hold on her. Standing, he reached out a hand to help her up.

NOTES
+ Social
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 20:25:05 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Merde," she exhaled with a short laugh as her back slammed against the mat, her native Kalosian crawling out in frustration. The way that sneered down at her kindled something in her competitive spirit, even pinned as she was beneath him.

What rankled was that he was right. A single second was all it took to lose the advantage of surprise; her own lack of muscle memory could kill her as quickly as anything else.

"Typical, that my own body would betray me." She grinned back, a spark of indignation dancing in her eyes. "Ah, well. You're not the first person to treat me roughly, and you won't be the last."

Elisabeth took his hand, allowing him to pull her to her feet. Sweat glistened on her brow as she regained her footing, breathing in deeply. "Again?" she asked, returning into the same stance from before.

What she lacked for in power she made up for in sheer persistence.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 23:16:26 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev eyed her with lingering amusement before drawing up behind Elisabeth and placing one hand on her mid-back.

"Don't slouch," he murmured, his mouth close to her ear. He pressed lightly on her back to emphasize his point. Then he gripped her shoulders with both hands and turned her upper body so that she faced forward more. "Make sure your shoulders and pelvis are stacked on top of each other. And tense your abdominal muscles slightly. This will help you maintain a stronger defense."

His hands slid down her arms to her elbows. "Chin down and hands up. Your rear arm should stay close to your body, like this." Guiding her by that elbow, he positioned her arm just so. "On the other hand, your lead arm should be more forward, but not too much. It's your first line of both defense and offense and will protect your chest and ribs." He moved that arm as well into position.

Then he stepped back and checked her legs and feet. "Make sure your knees and feet are facing the same direction, at this angle." He showed her by falling into the same stance next to her. "And pick up your heels. You don't want to be caught flatfooted. That will only slow you down."

Finally, Zev moved away to face Elisabeth on the mat. He assumed the same stance again, though he kept his arms loose at his sides.

"Throw the same punch as before, but this time, the movement needs to start in your back foot," he instructed her. "Push against the ground with the ball of your foot and allow the energy produced to pivot your body and snap your arm forward. A quick strike with a shallow arc of movement."

Grinning once more, Zev raised his hands and gave her the universal 'come at me' gesture. "One more time, Elisabeth."

NOTES
+ Social
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 17:37:41 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
This was something like a dance, one partner following the other's lead. As Zev's hands traced down her spine to touch her mid-back, Elisabeth felt her posture straighten; then, abruptly, the grip of his hands fixed on her shoulders, shifting her direction and focus forward.

"You're thorough," she commented drily as he maneuvered her arms into place. There was more than the slightest hint of humor in the observation.

Nonetheless, Zev spoke in a language Elisabeth that understood: how offense operated as defense. Thinking of how to position her body to protect vital organs gave a faint recollection of playing chess with her father, arranging the pawns just-so to dissuade vulnerabilities against one's king. Her lead arm was castled against her chest and ribs, and she mimicked the bend in his legs with her own, mirroring her opponent.

Her heels arched obediently as he offered his last words of advice, her eyes narrowing on Zev's silhouette as she internalised his command: Push against the ground with the ball of your foot. This time, her gaze didn't waver.

Relying on her own agility as much as her newfound precision, Elisabeth let her movements follow the conduit of energy gained from that pivotal first step; the inertia hummed throughout her body as she took aim towards him again, like a Seviper uncoiling to strike.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 23:46:57 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
That second punch was much better than the first. Nevertheless, it was still amateur, without the appropriate force behind it to cause Zev any concern. Before Elisabeth's strike could land, he snapped out a hand and caught her fist, holding it in place with a strength she could not fight.

"Better!" Zev praised her, and this time, there was a glint in his eye and a crookedness to his grin, like something fierce within him had awakened at her attack. A battle lust.

He moved with an alacrity born from second nature, stepping into her range, twisting, and lowering his body so that his shoulder tucked under her outstretched arm, his back pushed against her chest. Then he lifted her completely off the floor and threw her over his shoulder onto the mat. The momentum brought him to his knee next to her so that he loomed over her again.

And then he stood up and held out his hand to help her up. "Again."

And so they danced together, filling the empty exercise hall with the sounds of exertion. They paused every so often — to catch their breath, drink water, or for him to teach her something new. Elisabeth improved with every round, yet her greenness was still evident in her slowness and softness. Zev was patient, though — more patient than he thought he could be. Perhaps her determination amused him. Or perhaps it was simply the sight of a very unlikely woman grappling with him, her skin slick with sweat from the effort of learning something arduous. Who would have thought delicate florist could be so fierce in a spar — or monstrous with a victim, for that matter?

Eventually, Zev called the exercise to an end. Elisabeth looked ready to pass out. He wiped the sweat from his brow with a towel he'd brought and sat down heavily on a bench. "Not bad today," he said, meaning it. "You'll need to practice more, but I think you have a solid grasp of the basics."

NOTES
+ Social
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 0:16:44 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Pain had been Elisabeth's first great teacher. And she was, if nothing else, a quick study.

As her body collided against the cushion of the mat, the bruises that blossomed on Elisabeth's skin woke up something familiar in her; the ragged breathing that took hold as she darted towards , again and again, to be ever-bested once more, seemed to almost intensify with each round.

Violence reminded her that she had a body, and she was still alive. And that knowledge fueled her, knowing that her survival had come at great cost.

It motivated her to fight, no matter how impossible her odds.

Arms locked around her; nails dug into skin and clothing; legs kicked and elbows jostled into one another; old wounds reopened, and initial stamina was replaced with the fierceness of spite.

Sweat drenched her brow, her hair tangling behind her as they rolled around on the mat, Zev sparing her no mercy and no quarter even as he exercised a patience that seemed unlikely for such a rough man as him.

Strangely, a gratitude filled her at the way he treated her with all the coarseness he would any sparring partner: that he looked at her and did not coddle her for her softness. He does not see you as weak, came the belated realization, the reason for her appreciation even as her knees and knuckles bled.

Only when her body was on the brink of collapse did Zev cease, knowing that she had pushed herself beyond reasonable limit. It was a mark of respect that she acknowledged silently with a nod of her head.

"I'll have to practise here more, then," she said, wiping her mouth with a grin. "But for now, to the showers I think?"

Cold water sounded absolutely heavenly.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,967 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 7:39:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: